Author Topic: Anderson Luis de Abreu Oliveira  (Read 12230 times)

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anderson Luis de Abreu Oliveira
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:31 am »

Offline Enzo458

• Main Stander
  • United supporter (hope that's alright)
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 07:09:41 am »
Dunno how he can be over rated, even most United fans have been pretty down on him the last couple years. Someone mentioned his fitness, its worth noting that this was the first time he's had a proper pre-season with United. As is quite obvious, fitness is a bit of an issue for him so I'm hoping a proper regimen and build up to the season will help him.

He's shown great ability at times to be a box to box midfielder, specifically there have been a couple of games against Arsenal (which gave rise to the song "he shits on Fabregas". We may have jumped the gun there ::) ), the mentioned game at Anfield, a couple against Blackburn etc. But he's been unable to string these exemplary performances together thus far. I think he's improved a lot on that front in the last 8 months or so, could see him "doing a Nani" this year with the increased opportunities he'll get. At least he can last 90 mins now, that also used to be a problem for him.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 09:32:37 am »
Some well reasoned arguments in here  ::)

More reasoned than your own I'd say.

Far too inconsistent. He's a fucking bellend too.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 09:37:06 am »
He's hardly shit, is he...

Decent player.  Needs to lose abit, though.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 09:48:51 am »
He is Manc.

'nuf said.

Offline shravan.satya

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 09:52:23 am »
People are seriously underrating him in this thread. Some of these same people undoubtedly complain about how Lucas is underrated amongst opposition fans. Can't have it both ways lads. Anderson's a good footballer, to deny it is being blind.

I concur, mate. He is a good footballer.
YNWA

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 10:05:27 am »
Could Lucas do this?

Fat arse.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 10:08:27 am »
They haven't really needed him in recent years but now with Scholes retiring and their lack of midfield options I think we'll see more of him this season. I don't think he's better than Lucas, maybe going forward but not in the holding role.. (by going forward I mean scoring goals)

anderson was in his third season at united before he got his first goal. both him and lucas have 6 goals each sinced they came to england. neither is prolific.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:09 am »
At £26m? Shocking value.

Judging by his celebration last night his dancing skills have gone to pot since he left S Club 7 the fat fuck.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 10:28:57 am »
At £26m? Shocking value.

Judging by his celebration last night his dancing skills have gone to pot since he left S Club 7 the fat fuck.

He wasn't £26 million though, was he?

Yeah he was about 30 million euro, but at the time, the exchange rate meant it was about 20 million pounds.

We hate when our players prices are misquoted, be fair.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:43 am »
Fat, overrated, cost $30 million, and he is a Manc = why the fuck is there a sole thread solely on him?

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 10:32:36 am »
Could Lucas do this?

Fat arse.

:lmao  I wonder who he thinks he's fooling

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:19 am »
He wasn't £26 million though, was he?

Yeah he was about 30 million euro, but at the time, the exchange rate meant it was about 20 million pounds.

We hate when our players prices are misquoted, be fair.

Don't know what the change rate was at the time, but the quote I point to says circa £26m. Who knows?

But even at £20m I don't think he justified that price tag. The value gets worse if you take into consideration how further prices for players have inflated since he joined the Mancs.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 10:36:18 am »
Don't know what the change rate was at the time, but the quote I point to says circa £26m. Who knows?

But even at £20m I don't think he justified that price tag. The value gets worse if you take into consideration how further prices for players have inflated since he joined the Mancs.

It was a gamble on a young player, wasn't it?

Bit like us spending a wedge on Mr Jordan Henderson.

You win some, you lose some.

I'm not sticking up for the horrible c*nt or Man Utd. Just trying to add a bit of balance.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 10:39:02 am »

I'm not sticking up for the horrible c*nt or Man Utd. Just trying to add a bit of balance.
He cost nearly twice as much as Henderson.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 10:39:11 am »

Fair enough mate and I agree.

Just saying that in isloation, I don't think the Mancs will get their value from this one. Having said that, if he appears reguarly and they win the league again, they won't care.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2011, 11:27:49 am »

I'd love to know how you're doing those sums.

@rednich85

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2011, 12:17:28 pm »
He has regressed if anything. Looks out of shape and puffing for air around 70 minutes onwards.

He does have talent, but has no positional discipline and can't read the game that well. Ferguson has fucked him up by trying to convert an attacking midfielder in to a central midfielder. He does make him some driving runs and can play a few one twos but he tries the Hollywood pass to often and gives the ball away trying to play difficult passes.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2011, 01:04:29 pm »
Lucas plays and dominates most games for us, especially the big games. What has Anderson done for them to be compared?

I'm not about to defend Anderson against Lucas on a Liverpool forum because I simply don't care enough too. I've said previously in the thread that I believe Lucas to be the better footballer but that Anderson isn't as bad as he's made out to be. If you can't see that Anderson is at least decent, you're deluded.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Scholesy

• Kopite
  • Unbiased views
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »
He has regressed if anything. Looks out of shape and puffing for air around 70 minutes onwards.

He does have talent, but has no positional discipline and can't read the game that well. Ferguson has fucked him up by trying to convert an attacking midfielder in to a central midfielder. He does make him some driving runs and can play a few one twos but he tries the Hollywood pass to often and gives the ball away trying to play difficult passes.

I disagree with all.

His stamina is now great and he runs as much as anyone in the team. He is not an attacking midfielder because he isn't technically good enough to play in this area, the tight areas, tight dribbles and perfect weight of passing, are not his strengths although he is not terrible at any.

He is more of an all round player. The Hollywood passes are slowly decreasing and this is having a great impact on his game and style of play.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:04 pm »
Could Lucas do this?

Fat arse.

I bet who ever was commentating jizzed themselves over this.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Scholesy

• Kopite
  • Unbiased views
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2011, 01:11:28 pm »

Prices don't matter.

They are being used harshly too many times to judge a player. For example Carroll, he is not a £35M player, and because he isn't playing like one, people ignore he is actually doing quite well and only focus on the things he isn't doing that is expected with a big price.

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2011, 01:41:16 pm »
I think with any hyped up young players you shouldn't take the price tag into account as much as usual. Teams always have to pay over the odds to secure their signature, especially if they are english. We have had to do this in the past. I think Anderson is a decent player, but he will need to improve over the next season or 2 to warrant a permanent place in their midfield. But then again their midfield always looks average yet they still win things.

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2011, 02:03:58 pm »
Fat fucking manc trampon
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2011, 02:28:14 pm »
People are seriously underrating him in this thread. Some of these same people undoubtedly complain about how Lucas is underrated amongst opposition fans. Can't have it both ways lads. Anderson's a good footballer, to deny it is being blind.

"Can't have it both ways", how does that work?? Anderson is nowhere near as good at Lucas at this point in time, so how can you say that people can't have it both ways.

He is a good footballer sure, but I don't think saying he is ok, or not that great is under-rating him, because he isn't that great.

If anything he is the opposite of Lucas. Lucas started slow and has developed into a very good player, where as Anderson looked promising before the Mancs got him and in his first coupel of games and has petered out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:30:56 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »
Ask every Manc fan, Anderson is a good player, with potential, much better than Lucas.

Ask every Liverpool fan, Anderson is average player, injured, unlike Lucas who has improved steadily well

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:06 pm »
Ask every Manc fan, Anderson is a good player, with potential, much better than Lucas.

Ask every Liverpool fan, Anderson is average player, injured, unlike Lucas who has improved steadily well

I think he´s shit.. He had a good first season but hasn´t performed since, save for a few games here and there. Not someone I´d want to build a team around, especially if he´s gonna be the defensive midfielder.. He leaves vast oceans of space in between the midfield and defence which West Brom used quite well. Hopefully better teams can use it even more effectively.

There´s a reason that Lucas is first choice for Brazil and not Anderson. No matter what those deluded Mancs think and I have a friend who´s a Man UTD fan and he truly believes that Anderson can do no wrong. I swear to god, he´s so delusional at times.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:31:59 pm by pcch7 »
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Sefton10

• Main Stander
  • From Paris down to Turkey
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »
Mediocre and nothing special, seen players like him before,
Also looks like Raven from Disney Channel
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.' - Bill Shankly

Offline boloyev

• twat
  • Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »
I disagree with all.

His stamina is now great and he runs as much as anyone in the team. He is not an attacking midfielder because he isn't technically good enough to play in this area, the tight areas, tight dribbles and perfect weight of passing, are not his strengths although he is not terrible at any.

He is more of an all round player. The Hollywood passes are slowly decreasing and this is having a great impact on his game and style of play.

Or maybe because Man Utd doesn't use attacking midfielders? He doesn't have the skills to be an AM? Are you serious? How did he play for most of his career in that place then? Your argumentation is horrid, he isn't as good as Silva and Ozil so he can't be an AM. Evans isn't as good as Lucio and Pique, he cant be a CB. See?

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2011, 03:54:49 pm »
which game did he keep Gerrard in his pocket?

he's shit
Liverpool 0-0 Mancs 2005/06 league game
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »
Neo from the Matrix?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »

:lmao
He is fucking shite. He wouldnt get in most teams in the Prem.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »
He's really come on over the past year, and he's still young.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 04:14:15 pm »
Could Lucas do this?

Fat arse.

Probably not then again he doesn't need to ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0R1Cg2laBHs?version=3&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0R1Cg2laBHs?version=3&amp;</a>

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 04:18:07 pm »
Liverpool 0-0 Mancs 2005/06 league game

Didn't sign for us until June 2007. The game in question was December 2007 at Anfield, Tevez 1-0.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »
Overrated and overpriced as fuck. His passing ability is laughable.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
If every player could spend four years being massively underwhelming in one of the best teams in Europe they will most likely learn something and start to look good. See also, Marcelo. Not many other clubs can spend €30m on an experiment.

Started the season well but his big arse will only get him so far in the big games.

And he's a quite clearly a massive c*nt.

And he looks like Rudy Huxtable.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:24:31 pm by lamonti »

Offline DaftFunk

• Main Stander
  • Love is the flower you've got to let grow
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:58 pm »
I remember seeing him at Porto and thinking he looked quality. There were a lot of clubs chasing him (Chelsea in particular when Maureen was there) and when the Mancs got him it was seen as real coup for them. I was thinking 'Oh fuck' there's that ginger twats long term replacement sewn up.

In hindsight I got ahead of myself because as it turns out he's been a fat fucking waste of space and a grade A wanker, yet all my manc mates fap over him.

If he does ever manage to fulfill his potential he will be a quality player for them, here's hoping that never happens.