Author Topic: Carling Cup Draw 11 August  (Read 20681 times)

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
Re: Carling Cup Draw 11 August
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:34 am »
For those that dont know Exeter is in the County of Devon. I live approx 10 miles away and will without doubt be going to this game. The other thing is to note that I FUCKING HATE EXETER SHITTY I hope we smash the fuck out of them. Because they are the highest league club in Devon they think they own the fucking world. All their fans support the scum and think its funny to take the piss when we lose a game. And yes they take the piss that we havent won anything for a few years, where I promptly remind them they have never won fuck all.

I fuckin hate plymouth argyle aswell.

KK please please please play the strongest 11 available and smash the shite out of this lot PLEASE

Is your partner pyshically demanding?
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
my mate who is an exeter season ticket holder said confirmed WEDNESDAY game!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »
Of all teams to get, we get a club who can hold about a thousand away fans, damn ittttttttttt

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2011, 01:15:38 pm »
my mate who is an exeter season ticket holder said confirmed WEDNESDAY game!
Checked their website.
Indeed. Trains from London booked - 68 quid return. A little annoyed with nationalrail.co.uk as it was showing the return at 16.50 cheaper than the actual Great Western webite.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2011, 01:16:38 pm »
Checked their website.
Indeed. Trains from London booked - 68 quid return. A little annoyed with nationalrail.co.uk as it was showing the return at 16.50 cheaper than the actual Great Western webite.

It's South West Trains, not First Great Western, surely? Direct train to Exeter from Waterloo.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2011, 01:23:50 pm »
It's South West Trains, not First Great Western, surely? Direct train to Exeter from Waterloo.
It's the Paddington -> Exeter service, which is FGW
And the GREAT thing about this one is that there is a return train at 1am (which is perfect for a little post-match session in a pub), which even has sleeper carriages (but at an extra 40 quid).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:27:35 pm by Pata »

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2011, 01:28:36 pm »
Btw, if people reckon that the above comes under "European away flight" category (i.e. "take it the **** down"), I will do so.
Right, work re-arranged, so I'll even get about 3-4 hours' kip before going in on Thursday.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:02:10 pm by Pata »

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »
I live in Liverpool. I work. I haven't got much leave left as we're going away on holiday in a few months so can't afford the leave.

Stupid day because it's a massive ask for someone to travel down on a workday 500 miles+ If the game finishes around 10, you'll be getting away at 11 and it'll take 4-5 hours to get home - which is arriving at around 4-5 in the morning and I have to be up at 7.

If it had been a weekend fixture then I might have gone down Friday night and stayed over a couple of days.

I live in Liverpool too but it is a match and hence I am going. Yes it's a pain (I was hoping for Morecambe!) and I have an important meeting all day on the 25th but that's life. I'll still be up at 6.30 as normal. Haven't been to Exeter since I was a kid and have never been to SJP so I am still quite looking forward to it. I'll just sleep on the coach home. Better than going to a Premier League club we go to all the time IMO.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:40:43 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »
Confirmed as Wed 24th on .tv now.
We are a team of one half.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2011, 01:54:04 pm »
It's the Paddington -> Exeter service, which is FGW
And the GREAT thing about this one is that there is a return train at 1am (which is perfect for a little post-match session in a pub), which even has sleeper carriages (but at an extra 40 quid).

Ah, fair enough. I wish more trains ran at that time of night, sleeper carriage or not (although I'd love trains to have more of them too!).