Author Topic: All the money in the world  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
All the money in the world
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »
Imagine you had all the money in the world what games would you play? (Sorry this is not a thread for those who answer 'I wouldnt play games I would eradicate poverty and secure world peace' - as I say different thread.)

The type of games you would play are....
1) I have the biggest fuck off yacht in the world
2) And 30 cars that most people cannot afford one of
3) I own the rights to everything in Malagastan because I have made their despotic leader rich
4) I have the top team in the Premiership because I buy the best players for the most money and pay them the highest salaries
5) I have this incredible 747 (in fact two of them) kitted out with gym disco 5 double bedrooms and a home theatre

And so it goes ....you see it is great that Man U might have built a support base that generates 40m pound more revenue than my club but 40m quid is something that I earn pissing in the bog in the morning from my Kazakhstan oil rig. And so when the rules change and I can only spend what I earn in football it willl be very boring because I like to win by spending more than anyone else. So when FFP comes in it will be considered fair by many people but not by me cause I like to play a game that the winner is the guy with the biggest wallet, who buys what he wants because he can and the idea that I need to get value for money goes against the very principle that I win because I have the most. At that point the game simply becomes boring because I am only there to show how much money I have not how well I can spend it.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
Re: All the money in the world
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:25:34 pm »
At that point the game simply becomes boring because I am only there to show how much money I have not how well I can spend it.

do you know something...?  :o

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »
I would play the "how many Bugatti Veyrons can I fit into my acre sized garage" game.

But shouldn't this be in one of the general forums?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:28:10 pm »
Wait, what?

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:28:52 pm »
'Nuff said...

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »
wrong thred to post this,when i saw the title, man city came to mind

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
Stay off the gin Roman

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:31:27 pm »
I think this post make a very good point..or rather asks a very good question.

how will the likes of city and chelsea operate when their owner cannot just throw money at every issue that arises.  when these mega rich barons get confronted they'll do one of two things..break the rules or walk away.

when they inevitably break the rules it'll be interesting...whether anyone has the balls to sanction them will determine the future of the game.  one way lies competition and focus on youth and fans while dumping millions on stadia...the other way lies ever increasing focus on money and benefactors and enforcement of the idea that eventually, money is all that matters.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »
i think if i had enough money i would put this post in the right area for it!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 07:39:54 pm »
Err... What?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.