Author Topic: Third Shirt 11/12  (Read 115954 times)

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
Third Shirt 11/12
« on: June 7, 2011, 07:07:42 pm »
Is this still being released seeing as we didn't get into Europe?
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
Re: Third Shirt 11/12
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2011, 07:28:28 pm »
Yeap Mid July..
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline SheffieldRed

• Anny Roader
  • Question.
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2011, 07:28:59 pm »
Can't see it. No red & black shirted prem opponents. And I can't see us getting a 3rd kit in case we come up against the likes of one in a cup run.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2011, 07:31:52 pm by SheffieldRed »
twitter @stevebruce99

Not related to the ex Manc punchbag-faced gimp.

Offline lea7kewell

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2011, 07:32:29 pm »
I would assume so knowing Adidas - but having a red home shirt and a dark grey away kit - it would be utterly, utterly pointless to release another one. We shall have to wait and see i suppose...
There are places I remember - All my life, though some have changed - Some forever, not for better - Some have gone and some remain ...

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2011, 07:34:21 pm »
Someone said that there is a new rule now that allows teams to wear either their away strip or their third shirt for away games now, so they will wear the third strip quite a few times in the season.

That was from someone who spoke to one of the LFC staff on twitter iirc.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »
Surely the decision on whether to release a third kit will depend on whether people will buy it or not, rather than how many games we can wear it in.

Offline Apollo

• Kopite
  • I've got the
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2011, 07:35:34 pm »
Good question. But I recall it was planned to be 'revealed' on June the 11th. So, I don't think it's coming out now, there'd be something said or heard about it recently I'm sure. Only team I can think we might wear it against is Aston Villa, possibly.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2011, 07:36:26 pm »
Surely the decision on whether to release a third kit will depend on whether people will buy it or not, rather than how many games we can wear it in.

Think the question asked was something like "Will we get value for money if we purchase the third strip?" Hence the new rule response.

Also, this if from the official site, near the bottom on the right hand side:

"The new Liverpool FC Third Kit will be revealed on Thursday 16th June."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/shop/awaykit

Offline SheffieldRed

• Anny Roader
  • Question.
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2011, 07:42:55 pm »
Think the question asked was something like "Will we get value for money if we purchase the third strip?" Hence the new rule response.

Also, this if from the official site, near the bottom on the right hand side:

"The new Liverpool FC Third Kit will be revealed on Thursday 16th June."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/shop/awaykit

Streuth - if people were concerned about how often the new away kit would get used, a 3rd kit's gonna be up there with the 2005/06 leopard print 3rd kit which was never worn*

* may not be true.
twitter @stevebruce99

Not related to the ex Manc punchbag-faced gimp.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 7, 2011, 07:44:56 pm »
Streuth - if people were concerned about how often the new away kit would get used, a 3rd kit's gonna be up there with the 2005/06 leopard print 3rd kit which was never worn*

* may not be true.

Someone said that there is a NEW rule now that allows teams to wear either their away strip or their third shirt for away games now, so they will wear the third strip quite a few times in the season.

That was from someone who spoke to one of the LFC staff on twitter iirc.

Read the bolded word ;)

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #10 on: June 7, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »
When I was in Turkey last week, bought my lad a couple of footy tops as the fakes out their aren't bad quality and they where only 8quid each. A lot of the shops where selling a sky blue, with black shorts Liverpool kit. Asked the Turks what kit it was, and they all said it was the Liverpool away next year. They will say anything for a sale though. Don't agree with a blue kit but it didn't look to bad. It was in the same style as the new away which they where also selling. Wish I d bought him it now, just so he could say to people it was a special edition.

Fixed Twats
« Last Edit: June 7, 2011, 08:46:39 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2011, 08:02:15 pm »
There's a thread on the third kit already btw, with mock-ups done by PJG and myself based on info from Mad Men and Nocturnalvin (the kit ITK's on here)

It's a white/cyan colourway.

Offline ElNino08

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2011, 08:09:18 pm »
When I was in Turley last week, bought my lad a couple of footy tops as the fakes out their aren't bad quality and they where only 8quid each. A lot of the shops where selling a sky blue, with black shorts Liverpool kit. Asked the Turks what kit it was, and they all said it was the Liverpool away next year. They will say anything for a sale though. Don't agree with a blue kit but it didn't look to bad. It was in the same style as the new away which they where also selling. Wish I d bought him it now, just so he could say to people it was a special edition.

Always wanted to go to turley :)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: June 7, 2011, 08:11:58 pm »
Always wanted to go to turley :)
I know what you mean.

I'm always late, and never Turley.

Offline ElNino08

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: June 7, 2011, 08:34:30 pm »
I know what you mean.

I'm always late, and never Turley.

Boom !

Offline Jamie_H

• Anny Roader
  • Champions of Europe 2005
« Reply #15 on: June 7, 2011, 09:02:42 pm »
I believe it is being revealed on the 9th June on the official site.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #16 on: June 7, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »
There's a thread on the third kit already btw, with mock-ups done by PJG and myself based on info from Mad Men and Nocturnalvin (the kit ITK's on here)

Jay, just out of interest, what was your mock up like for the new away kit that you did? I can't remember and it would be interesting to see how close it is to the real thing.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #17 on: June 7, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »
looks alright

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #18 on: June 7, 2011, 10:08:07 pm »

It's a white/cyan colourway.

That is like the one I seen in Turkey, but it was all Cyan, with White stripes.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 7, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
oh no... right, what team could possibly clash with dark grey? aston poxy villa that's what.. a 3rd shirt just to play them grrrr.

then again, i been to villa park when liverpool had silver grey back in 87 88 and 89 and still had to wear white.. but silver against arsenal..
i don't get this lark anymore, i really don't.. 

and i'm sure i seen villa wear their home kit at anfield in the past too, which was a while back. 
can i have my old name back please?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 7, 2011, 11:28:10 pm »
Jay, just out of interest, what was your mock up like for the new away kit that you did? I can't remember and it would be interesting to see how close it is to the real thing.

The source I had is a poster on here who was reliable in the past mate, they basically told me black/grey shirt (which we knew already) pinstripes (which we didn't)

The only thing that was right on it was the pinstripes and the colour of the shirt! ;D

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #21 on: June 7, 2011, 11:31:28 pm »
It won't necessarily be a third kit I think. Pretty sure it will be the first choice away kit for cup games and used as third if needed.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 7, 2011, 11:33:52 pm »
best if they use last seasons white away as a3rd... not sure if people got the cash these days.  next season there be another batch of warrior shirts out. home and away.. and a 3rd

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 7, 2011, 11:36:24 pm »
best if they use last seasons white away as a3rd... not sure if people got the cash these days.  next season there be another batch of warrior shirts out. home and away.. and a 3rd

There would have been 3 new ones anyway for the season after next?

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 7, 2011, 11:51:01 pm »
next season is 2012. this season is 2011-12.. last season was ummm 2010-11.

that's the way i look at it.. but i know what u mean

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #25 on: June 8, 2011, 12:02:27 am »
The source I had is a poster on here who was reliable in the past mate, they basically told me black/grey shirt (which we knew already) pinstripes (which we didn't)

The only thing that was right on it was the pinstripes and the colour of the shirt! ;D

Haha! Nevermind mate!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #26 on: June 8, 2011, 01:55:34 am »
Oh god. Make the mockups stop. Please. Please just make them stop. Another thread with the potential to produce more pointless mockups. Please make it end.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 8, 2011, 02:03:42 am »
Oh god. Make the mockups stop. Please. Please just make them stop. Another thread with the potential to produce more pointless mockups. Please make it end.

Stop looking in kit threads then you miserable git!

Plus, we already know what the third kits going to look like ;)

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #28 on: June 8, 2011, 02:06:45 am »
Stop looking in kit threads then you miserable git!

Plus, we already know what the third kits going to look like ;)

I look in them because when they're bumped I'm thinking it might be an actual shot of the actual kit, of which I'm interested in.

What I'm not that interested in is countless mockups from people who then have their post followed with "omg that's so awesome!" etc.

I just simply don't get it.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 8, 2011, 02:09:45 am »
I look in them because when they're bumped I'm thinking it might be an actual shot of the actual kit, of which I'm interested in.

What I'm not that interested in is countless mockups from people who then have their post followed with "omg that's so awesome!" etc.

The mock up I posted above is from nocturnalvin and Mad Men's info mate, the only thing wrong is it's a different shade of cyan to the one I put on the kit according to Mad Men when I first posted it up.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 8, 2011, 02:53:03 am »

I can't quite understand how you can post an average of 35 posts a day for nigh on a year  ??? ;)

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #31 on: June 8, 2011, 05:47:19 am »
They are also coming out with techfit versions of the kit (3rd kit) and production started so can't see it getting cancelled..especially given it may have to be a bumper year for adidas before they say bye bye to LFC when the shirt deal ends at the end of next season (if the rumors/newspaper reports are true.)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: June 8, 2011, 06:30:50 am »
Would have liked to see this past season's away used as next season's third, but I guess that's not happening.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #33 on: June 8, 2011, 06:34:50 am »
The mock up I posted above is from nocturnalvin and Mad Men's info mate, the only thing wrong is it's a different shade of cyan to the one I put on the kit according to Mad Men when I first posted it up.

Cyan's the posh word for blue isn't it?

;)
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #34 on: June 8, 2011, 06:45:26 am »
Cyan's the posh word for blue isn't it?

;)

Kinda..sorta...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #35 on: June 8, 2011, 08:55:09 am »
Must be the yellow one I've seen doing the rounds recently.

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
« Reply #36 on: June 8, 2011, 09:15:46 am »
i thought i'd heard somewhere that there was a rule that your only able to wear the away/2nd strip a max of 10 times in a season, and this was a reason for having a 3rd kit, as it would keep home kit for home and a handful of aways, 2nd kit for majority of aways and 3rd kit for rest (plus some cup aways as well prob)
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #37 on: June 8, 2011, 09:26:27 am »
I HEARD IT WAS BRIGHT PINK.........

Then I realised I was on the wrong side of liverpool  :-\
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 8, 2011, 09:30:55 am »
I HEARD IT WAS BRIGHT PINK.........

Then I realised I was on the wrong side of liverpool  :-\

;D
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #39 on: June 8, 2011, 09:45:26 am »
Its bollocks all the ITK shit, the away shirt mock ups were NOTHING LIKE the actual shirt...

Its unveiled in 8 days - we'll see then