Author Topic: Pro Cycling 2023  (Read 1463766 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Vuelta a España
« Reply #25160 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:37 pm »
Taaramäe abandon.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25161 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »
The leading five are Brambilla, 8) Clarke, Mate, Luis Leon Sanchez, and Cataldo.

The group have 20 seconds on the chase with 26km to go.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25162 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:54 pm »
Some very good riders in the leading 5.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25163 on: August 26, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »
Some very good riders in the leading 5.
Anyone but Clarke.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25164 on: August 26, 2016, 04:26:47 pm »
Anyone but Clarke.

Surely Brambilla is the favourite from this group?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25165 on: August 26, 2016, 04:29:38 pm »
Surely Brambilla is the favourite from this group?
As long as they work well in the time between the bottom of the climb and the line...Luca and Clarke have a good finish, Cataldo and Lulu have each other...Mate....

It's all on the GC teams I think, if they take it up...if not...then hopefully Luca,

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25166 on: August 26, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »
As long as they work well in the time between the bottom of the climb and the line...Luca and Clarke have a good finish, Cataldo and Lulu have each other...Mate....

It's all on the GC teams I think, if they take it up...if not...then hopefully Luca,

Great to watch is this, riders are just taking turns to have a dig  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25167 on: August 26, 2016, 04:33:22 pm »
Great to watch is this, riders are just taking turns to have a dig  ;D
Like all stages, irrespective of the parcours, it's all abut how the riders race it. Tomorrow, Sunday and Tuesday...no fun if you're a GC contender....loadsa fun to watch though. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25168 on: August 26, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »
Wonder who Trek and G-A have left....this might be close.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25169 on: August 26, 2016, 04:40:01 pm »
Surely Gianni is still there...not loving the lack of updates.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25170 on: August 26, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
Nicely played by EQS....Gianni must be in the main group.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25171 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:28 pm »
Lulu and Clarke off the front inside 9 with 12 seconds, a bunch sprint it is.

See you after the finish.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25172 on: August 26, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »

Even though it's a lumpy day I think it will be one the sprinters have marked down as one for themselves.

For those who recall this stage from 13 it's the same as then, until the finish where the the finish in Puebla de Sanabria wheras last time it was at the Lago de Sanabria instead today's finish line isin the town. The climbing is easy with rolling roads and slight gradients.....first up s the Alto do Covelo 10.9 km  at an easy 4%. There’s loads more climbing along the way before the Alto do Padornello, 11 km at just 2.6%...around 2500m of climbing on the stage. The finish is on a slight incline....also on the finish is a chicane...

We'll see the daily battle between peloton and breal renewed today...it's been difficult to call up to this point, will it stick or not...today....not....I think. ;D

We'll see the same faces fighting it out..Meersman, Bonifazio, Van Der Sander, Drucker, Nielsen, Haas, Gilbert, Felline,  Prades, Reza, Arndt Sbaragli, Restrepo.....Arndt.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #25173 on: August 26, 2016, 05:16:17 pm »
Will Contador get the same time as the others?

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #25174 on: August 26, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »

yes
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25175 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:21 pm »
Eventually. ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25176 on: August 26, 2016, 05:28:33 pm »
Seeing sprints like these makes you appreciate just how exceptional the lead outs are when the big teams have a Griepel, Cav or Kittel to get to the line  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25177 on: August 26, 2016, 05:31:03 pm »
Seeing sprints like these makes you appreciate just how exceptional the lead outs are when the big teams have a Griepel, Cav or Kittel to get to the line  ;D
Scary times on tight finishes at speeds that most only manage downhill.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25178 on: August 26, 2016, 05:32:20 pm »
Scary times on tight finishes at speeds that most only manage downhill.

No doubt, was a really good stage today.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25179 on: August 26, 2016, 05:34:50 pm »
No doubt, was a really good stage today.
It was. I've enoyed each day, the lack of team control has been the best part of the racing to this point.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #25180 on: August 26, 2016, 05:35:57 pm »
Eventually. ;D

Yes the classification is loopy at the moment. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25181 on: August 26, 2016, 05:42:29 pm »
Yes the classification is loopy at the moment. ;D
it's the Vuelta, you know the score. The other day J posted a GC overall that had..I can't recall whom, over 4 minutes down after the team chrono. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #25182 on: August 26, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »
it's the Vuelta, you know the score. The other day J posted a GC overall that had..I can't recall whom, over 4 minutes down after the team chrono. ;D

It's been updated on the Vuelta site.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25183 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:47 pm »
It's been updated on the Vuelta site.
Ta la. ;)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25184 on: August 26, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »

You know who, you just can't spell him. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25185 on: August 26, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »
Truth. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25186 on: August 26, 2016, 08:58:06 pm »
I'm just finishing off the preview for stage 8.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25187 on: August 26, 2016, 09:28:45 pm »
Where's tomorrows forecast.... ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25188 on: August 26, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »
A mess at the finish again....it's great when the chaos is uncontrolled....a nice win for IAM and especially van Genechten who took a wonderful opportunistic victory.

I mentioned the chicane in the preview for a reason...we saw why with the crash....

Villalpando / La Camperona. Valle de Sabero,   181.5 km.

For a stage that is flat for more than 90%...this is a special mountains finish. The whole day is all about the climb to the finish...8.5 k.long climb at 7.4%...this is a real leg breaker. This kind of.....experience is what we all love about cycling...it's not about beating the people whom you're riding against...it's about conquering the voices inside of yourself...the doubting voices that tell you.."you haven't got this in you boy". We all love the...purity of this combat, of yourself fighting the incline whilst also fighting your inner demons.....this is what the finish here today is all about. The finish is a deceptive climb with an easy opening section with little in the way of gradients....1-3% with that 25% ramp in that section. It's on the last 3.5 km that the roads rears up and it does rear up with gradients between 8% and 22% and almost all the time, the riders face gradients in double figures.

We first saw this finish in 14, I think....when Zaugg was caught by Hesjedal in the final few K...Froome took seconds on Purito and Contador.

This is a good day for a break, yet with it being a stage that should be able to be controlled easily by the GT teams it's possible they will fancy the stage victory.

The break..it's possible as always....with the GC teams more concerned with their own ambitions I can see it sticking..a decent make up...riders like....Frank,  Durasek, Zeits, Cataldo, Zeits , Hardy,  Rolland.Fraile,  Geniez again......Latour would be nice, as would Dombrowski...I'd love to see...Carthy, Goncalves, Roson as C-R are a decent outfit on a stage like this, as we've seen in a few races this season...with that in mind..maybe it's a day for Pardilla. He did a great ride at Burgos and took the overalll there.....who knows it's all guesswork. ;D

As I say above Froome was able to put a few seconds into his rivals on this finish in 14...does he attack here...I think so.

Who can answer that attack.....it's time Quintana showed up on a climb, even if he is here for Valverde-send him off first and there has to be a response from all in the GC fight as an in form Quintana will be one of the best on this finish, this can only help Valverde, whom I think might struggle today as he did in 14 when he went too fast too early and lost a chunk of time to Froome as a result..once bitten.......even if he has looked to be amongst the best on the climbs to this point.

Chaves. This is obviously a big target for the lad, and in last year’s race he went hard on the first big mountain to announce himself as a strong contender. I expect he will make a move today. I hope Yates can stay with his leader as he will be a great ally on this ascent.

At this point I've no idea as to how Contador is....I do now he appears to be a bit lacking in pace....as of right now it’s still unclear as to whether he’s suffered any serious injuries.....

Outside of those....Meintjes....how tired is he...Samu, he's here as the leader for BMC...no. Anton, the same. Atapuma. Climbs well enough,..he will lose the leaders jersey tomorrow.

If it comes down to the GC riders......

Heart says Chaves....head...Froome.

The maximum temperature at the bottom of the final climb will be 29 degrees and there is no chance of rain.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25189 on: August 26, 2016, 09:43:51 pm »
A mess at the finish again....it's great when the chaos is uncontrolled....a nice win for IAM and especially van Genechten who took a wonderful opportunistic victory.

I mentioned the chicane in the preview for a reason...we saw why with the crash....

Where's the vid....have seen nothing yet...

How did you know about the chicane? I was looking for info like that, but all I saw was that map as you've posted above, which is useless for detailed info.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25190 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
Have a feeling Atapuma will put up a bit of a fight.

This kind of.....experience is what we all love about cycling...it's not about beating the people whom you're riding against...it's about conquering the voices inside of yourself...the doubting voices that tell you.."you haven't got this in you boy". We all love the...purity of this combat, of yourself fighting the incline whilst also fighting your inner demons.....

Speak for yourself....I'm quite happy beating people. ;D

Why is it that when you're riding about, and you come across some other cyclists (roadies), it always turns into a race? Or is that just me? Happened again before on my ride home.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25191 on: August 26, 2016, 10:06:05 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mLUOVWk29aU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mLUOVWk29aU</a>

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25192 on: August 27, 2016, 12:47:06 am »
At this point I've no idea as to how Contador is....I do now he appears to be a bit lacking in pace....as of right now it’s still unclear as to whether he’s suffered any serious injuries.....

Tinkoff say nothing broken, but cuts and bruises.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25193 on: August 27, 2016, 04:21:58 am »

How did you know about the chicane? I was looking for info like that, but all I saw was that map as you've posted above, which is useless for detailed info.
From Cycling Stage, I think.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25194 on: August 27, 2016, 04:25:24 am »
Have a feeling Atapuma will put up a bit of a fight.

Speak for yourself....I'm quite happy beating people. ;D

Why is it that when you're riding about, and you come across some other cyclists (roadies), it always turns into a race? Or is that just me? Happened again before on my ride home.
It doesn't happen if you don't react... ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #25195 on: August 27, 2016, 04:33:50 am »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25196 on: August 27, 2016, 07:07:11 am »
It doesn't happen if you don't react... ;D

Just when did you become the voice of reason?!?

Cross news. Only for the cool kids in here. 8)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-aert-cant-set-for-crossvegas-return-cx-news-shorts/

Read that yesterday....was going to post, but knew you'd see it anyway ;D

Have fun out there :wave   ...R+R for me today, tired..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:10:01 am by redbyrdz »

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #25197 on: August 27, 2016, 11:14:54 am »
Any links to the 2014 stage?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25198 on: August 27, 2016, 11:47:55 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzbXF3rgk8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzbXF3rgk8</a>

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #25199 on: August 27, 2016, 01:24:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzbXF3rgk8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5vzbXF3rgk8</a>

Thanks.