absolutely loving this phone, a massive, massive step up from my iphone 3g, it doesnt really compare at all
i just ordered a car charger and holder as well as a case, great
i was wondering does anyone know what i need in order to listen to music from my phone through the speakers in the car? i have a 7 year old car with just a cassette player in it if that makes a difference
Not sure about a cassette player. As iSmiff said, you might be able to get a bluetooth cassette, or alternatively a cassette with a cable that you plug into your headphone jack. (EDIT: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-PH-62050-MP3-MD-To-Cassette-Adapter/dp/B0007R4LI8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333666704&sr=8-2
I finally managed to get mine working via USB though. I used to use my iPhone 3GS via USB, and could control it via the steering wheel controls, however when I plugged my S2 in it kept saying "invalid device" (after several minutes of saying it was searching for music). If anyone else has this issue and doesn't know a workaround, the following will do it:
1) Make sure your phone is unplugged from the stereo
2) Go to the USB settings on the phone (on Ice Cream Sandwich its under Settings > More > USB Utilities, I think on Gingerbread its with the wi-fi settings).
3) Click "Connect storage to PC"
4) When prompted, plug it into the stereo
5) It will then ask you another question (can't remember what exactly), but select "Yes".
6) That's it, it should now work.
Only downside is you can't choose playlists (certainly on my stereo anyway) which I could with the iPhone. Oh, and you have to repeat the above process each time you plug it in.