Author Topic: Joining a Gym in Liverpool  (Read 7194 times)

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
Joining a Gym in Liverpool
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:28:01 pm »
Hoping to join the gym here in liverpool.

Any ideas where to go that i wont get robbed to pieces, im only a student. but i have a car so i dont mind travelling, reasonable distances.

Any ideas guys, i tried looking for past threads but none came up.

P.S. im in wavertree.
Irish Exile Red

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
Re: Joining a Gym in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »
If your a student, have you asked your place of study if they have any gym memberships. I went to Edge Hill Uni and that was good. I now use the lifestyles when I do go the gym.

Offline redmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • Y N W A
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:09:24 pm »
Always went to one on the Albert Dock when I was there, used to see the odd LFC player in there, they did a nice bacon and chicken panini as well.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »
Hoping to join the gym here in liverpool.

Any ideas where to go that i wont get robbed to pieces, im only a student. but i have a car so i dont mind travelling, reasonable distances.

Any ideas guys, i tried looking for past threads but none came up.

P.S. im in wavertree.

If you're at Uni of Liverpool, it had a gym when I was there.

Failing that, try Lifestyles. You get a discount if you're a full time student http://liverpool.gov.uk/leisure-parks-and-events/leisure-facilities/lifestyles-membership-costs/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:31:05 pm by Kez »

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »
LA fitness in Rice Lane mate. You live fairly close to me so it's nice and local. It's a decent gym with all the basic equipment you need, has a decent free weight section, swimming pool, sauna etc and lots of free classes. I have used the gym for 3-4 years now and it's always give me the necessary facilities to get nice and buff for my hols. Approx £30 a month.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 11:00:13 pm »
LA fitness in Rice Lane mate. You live fairly close to me so it's nice and local. It's a decent gym with all the basic equipment you need, has a decent free weight section, swimming pool, sauna etc and lots of free classes. I have used the gym for 3-4 years now and it's always give me the necessary facilities to get nice and buff for my hols. Approx £30 a month.

I think you mean Rose Lane, Rice Lane is miles away from him!

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:49 pm »
I think you mean Rose Lane, Rice Lane is miles away from him!

Yes, you re right. I stand corrected.  ;)
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 11:11:02 pm »
Whats a Gym??

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:43 am »
I think the gym in Liverpool One is only £15 a month with no 12 month contract. Its open 24 hours a day too. Its on the front opposite the albert dock

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:41 pm »
I think the gym in Liverpool One is only £15 a month with no 12 month contract. Its open 24 hours a day too. Its on the front opposite the albert dock
Does that one have a car park, good deal that?

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »
Used to go that one myself was very good for the price no sauna, pool which is a downside also the lack of parking so meant walking abit to get there from a free parking spec. Cant fault the place or the price though.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »
no car park
Does that one have a car park, good deal that?

no car park - other than the car park in liverpool one which is pricey if your using it a few times a week. think u can park on duke street after 6 for free tho

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 04:10:36 pm »
no car park
no car park - other than the car park in liverpool one which is pricey if your using it a few times a week. think u can park on duke street after 6 for free tho

Cheers mate. Think I'll continue with Everton Park, same price but with a car park :)

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:21:30 am »
childwall gym. 15 quid a month, no contract, free carpark, and no juice heads  :wave
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17:56 am »
childwall gym. 15 quid a month, no contract, free carpark, and no juice heads  :wave

What's it like in there? Basically when I go the gym I only use the treadmill and dumbbells, maybe the odd machine.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:03 am »

Where's Childwall gym ? What's it like free weights / equipment wise ? . Does it get chocker ?.

Used to go to the council gyms a few years ago , but were always packed out .

Edit - just checked it out and it's at Childwall School . I thought that as it was mainly used by the school kids , the weights would be limited . Would still appreciate answers to the questions above . Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:24:56 am by Spongebob Redpants »
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 12:42:42 pm »
Where's Childwall gym ? What's it like free weights / equipment wise ? . Does it get chocker ?.

Used to go to the council gyms a few years ago , but were always packed out .

Edit - just checked it out and it's at Childwall School . I thought that as it was mainly used by the school kids , the weights would be limited . Would still appreciate answers to the questions above . Cheers !
It's not, its a seperate gym and the free weights go up to 40 kgs. all the proper equipment.

open 4-10 midweek, 9-5 on the weekends. Gets busy round 4,5,6 pm then it dies abit. by 8pm its usually dead.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:53:21 pm by Thepepereina »
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:10 pm »
It's not, its a seperate gym and the free weights go up to 40 kgs. all the proper equipment.

open 4-10 midweek, 9-5 on the weekends. Gets busy round 4,5,6 pm then it dies abit. by 8pm its usually dead.

Thanks for that .Will check it out .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 01:46:05 pm »
Thanks for that .Will check it out .
cool. I work there so you might see me  :wave
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 02:14:17 pm »
cool. I work there so you might see me  :wave

Excellent . Do you need to be booked in for an induction ?

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »
Excellent . Do you need to be booked in for an induction ?
Nope, just turn up, have a look around, like what you see just fill in a form, can start straight away.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 05:11:38 pm »
Think more gyms should bring the no contract thing in its a load of shit being contracted to a gym when most people hardly go after a month or two.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 07:52:21 pm »
Think more gyms should bring the no contract thing in its a load of shit being contracted to a gym when most people hardly go after a month or two.
Thats the whole point. Gyms know people get fed up after a month or two, so they make them sign for 12 months when they are all geared n full of motivation. You wouldnt believe how many ppl sign up in mine, come for a couple of months and then never again.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 5, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »
Looking on going to use a new gym, I heard that where Fitness First was on Aintree Retail Park it's called something else now and only charges £10 a month, anyone go or know what it's called?

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 5, 2011, 05:45:36 pm »
Looking on going to use a new gym, I heard that where Fitness First was on Aintree Retail Park it's called something else now and only charges £10 a month, anyone go or know what it's called?

Yeah mate Klickfitness, £10 a month no contract, only work around the corner so gonna sign up this week. Only opened today aswell,

www.klickfitness.com

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 5, 2011, 06:00:14 pm »
Yeah mate Klickfitness, £10 a month no contract, only work around the corner so gonna sign up this week. Only opened today aswell,

www.klickfitness.com

Cheers for this mate.

I drove past the other day and someone mentioned it to me being only £10 a month but no swimming pool. I only use a few machines like the treadmill and that anyways, think I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #26 on: September 5, 2011, 11:28:19 pm »

www.klickfitness.com

It's only open to go and have a look round at the mo- it's open for business on the 16th. I'm joining myself-just cancelled my £38 a month contract at Total Fitness, this place is a bargain in comparison!
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #27 on: September 5, 2011, 11:30:37 pm »

There's also a new place opened on Switch Island retail park- Ben Dunne Gym. Think it's an Irish chain, it's £100 a year or something like that. I've seen some pictures on their website, I have to say it doesn't look as good as Klick Fitness, but you can't knock the price!
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 6, 2011, 08:02:31 am »
There's also a new place opened on Switch Island retail park- Ben Dunne Gym. Think it's an Irish chain, it's £100 a year or something like that. I've seen some pictures on their website, I have to say it doesn't look as good as Klick Fitness, but you can't knock the price!

Cheers for that, I'll give it a look. Some quality prices going at the moment. I usually use the Liverpool Council ones but the prices they are charging aren't as good as these.