Author Topic: Rafa On Football Focus This Saturday  (Read 42488 times)

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
Rafa On Football Focus This Saturday
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:43 pm »
Rafa will be in the studio tomorrow....

does anyone know where it is filmed? might get myself down  there to meet the legend!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
Re: Rafa On Football Focus This Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »
In the studio?! Awesome, defo watching this.
JFT97

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 02:43:09 pm »
Yeah really looking forward to it.

If you want, you put a question here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danwalker/2011/02/i_often_get_asked_to.html) and they might ask it to Rafa at the end of the show. Already done my question but too busy trying to defend his record on there at the moment (I've the same username as I have on here)
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 02:45:09 pm »

He's on with Dixon. Pity, would have liked to have seen how Lawrenson would have tried to sqirm his way out of the shite he gave Rafa. Has he apologised yet?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:51:57 pm »
He's on with Dixon. Pity, would have liked to have seen how Lawrenson would have tried to sqirm his way out of the shite he gave Rafa.
Yeah even if it was just in a casual conversation I'd love to hear that Lawrenson had been 'converted'. In my opinion if all his critics actually listened to him and allowed him to explain his methods and why he did things in different situations, they would soon be on his side.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:54:24 pm »
Already done my question but too busy trying to defend his record on there at the moment

Don't waste your time mate. We know, that's all that matters.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »
Don't waste your time mate. We know, that's all that matters.
Yeah I don't know why I bother sometimes. Just annoys me how people can be so ignorant.

A couple of people on there have actually asked the presenter if he can get Rafa to do a tactical blog for a game on the BBC sites. Every so often they appear up there but it would be awesome to see Rafa do one.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »
Damn... I'm going to miss this. Will it be on the iPlayer?

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 03:08:30 pm »
Damn Lee Dixon better not start ranting on our Rafa  :no
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 03:09:41 pm »
lee dixon couldnt see a priest on a mountain of sugar
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 03:10:18 pm »
Yeah I don't know why I bother sometimes. Just annoys me how people can be so ignorant.

A couple of people on there have actually asked the presenter if he can get Rafa to do a tactical blog for a game on the BBC sites. Every so often they appear up there but it would be awesome to see Rafa do one.

I know what you mean it does me as well. I've spent so much time trying to inform the ill-informed before I realised that it makes no difference whatsoever. They will continue to believe Sky Sports no matter how much evidence you pile up in front of them to the contrary. Your better off saving your breath.

I'd absolutely love to see Rafa's tactical analysis on certain games so I hope that actually gets proposed.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »
Yeah even if it was just in a casual conversation I'd love to hear that Lawrenson had been 'converted'. In my opinion if all his critics actually listened to him and allowed him to explain his methods and why he did things in different situations, they would soon be on his side.

Too complicated for them though. Either they'd need to get basic knowledge about management, or maybe Rafa would need a British passport...

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:22:54 pm »

I imagine he'll be too gutless to confront Rafa for fear of appearing intellectually inferior.

Looking forward to this, would love to see Rafa doing some post-match analysis on MOTD2 or something, although they'd probably make him dumb down his answers to 30 seconds.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

Well done you on a spirited and well deserved defence of Rafa (on the blog page). Thought your comments were spot on.

Can't wait to see the great man on TV tomorrow - I loved his football focus interview a few weeks ago. Was great to see him again!
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:34 pm »
So, where is he going to end up next?

Chelsea? City? Spurs?

It won't be us ;)
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 03:34:59 pm »
Well done you on a spirited and well deserved defence of Rafa (on the blog page). Thought your comments were spot on.
Cheers, I just put another long one up on there a couple of minutes ago and I think that will be my last.

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:40 pm »
Cheers, I just put another long one up on there a couple of minutes ago and I think that will be my last.

They are simply ill informed idiots who have been fed the usual media/SKY drivel and believe it. Makes my blood boil - lets hope they have been 'educated' by your responses!
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »

Just read that mate - great posts, you just can't reason with some people though. I really do find it fascinating (in an annoying way) how much Rafa can divide opinion. Some people really hate the man and I honestly don't know why - it must be to the fact (no pun intended!) that he stood up to Ferguson and told it like it was. All very bizarre. Will be intersting to see what he has to say tomorrow.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 05:45:11 pm »
Will be intersting to see what he has to say tomorrow.

Always interesting to hear Rafa.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »
@lankyguy007

Just read your comments on the BBC blog thing. Spot on and well done for it, but for the good of your health drag yourself away from them, they are idiots who aren't worth your time.

Looking forward to it. I love Rafa and can't wait to see what he has to say and get a bit of insight into how he views things from a neutral point of view.
Also I am pretty sure Lawrenson had a "family thing" or a similar excuse the minute he found out Rafa would be anywhere near him. He is an ill informed shithouse. I bet if he ever met him he would be all "hello Mr Benitez...."

Too complicated for them though. Either they'd need to get basic knowledge about management, or maybe Rafa would need a British passport...

Find it odd how much he prizes being a British manager when he is technically an Irishman, shouldn't he favour foriegners getting jobs in "The Greatest League In The World" TM?
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »
Just read that mate - great posts, you just can't reason with some people though. I really do find it fascinating (in an annoying way) how much Rafa can divide opinion. Some people really hate the man and I honestly don't know why - it must be to the fact (no pun intended!) that he stood up to Ferguson and told it like it was. All very bizarre. Will be intersting to see what he has to say tomorrow.

Totally agree with you, some people seem to dislike him more than our former "owners", will never get my head round that one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:48 pm »
Who cares about that fat twat.

No better than Hodgson.

Joking
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »
i cant wait  ;D
who's he sitting next to? anyone know??
you stick it to 'em rafa  ;D

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »
i cant wait  ;D
who's he sitting next to? anyone know??
you stick it to 'em rafa  ;D
Lee Dixon

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 06:53:00 pm »
why is dixon getting shit on here - as far as i can remember he never gave rafa any shit, it was lawrenson and hansen's 'nudge nudge wink wink' comments

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 06:55:08 pm »
why is dixon getting shit on here - as far as i can remember he never gave rafa any shit, it was lawrenson and hansen's 'nudge nudge wink wink' comments

I think Dixon is alright, quite a sensible pundit and balanced in his views.
About the only fella on MOTD/MOTD2 who is pallatable.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:27 pm »
I think Dixon is alright, quite a sensible pundit and balanced in his views.
About the only fella on MOTD/MOTD2 who is pallatable.
Agreed, not great but not bad.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 06:59:03 pm »
Looking forward to watching this, he'll show 'em he know's his stuff and I think he'll get his points across well with his new relaxed hat on. Love rafa he's a legend.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »
To be honest I wanted Lawrenson on just so Rafa could show him what you can do with good facial hair.

Offline fletched

• Anny Roader
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 07:01:37 pm »
Who cares about that fat twat.

No better than Hodgson.

Joking

Erm ...

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 07:06:17 pm »

just got down. outside now.hope he signs this for me.

Offline DAK69

• Main Stander
  • LONG LIVE THE KING.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 07:17:35 pm »
never watch this but think il take a peek now. strange how the english media were so harsh on him, now they have him on  ??? ???

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 07:21:56 pm »
To be honest I wanted Lawrenson on just so Rafa could show him what you can do with good facial hair.

and rafa could bring up that lawrenson column from last year and ask him why he did it

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:23 pm »
and rafa could bring up that lawrenson column from last year and ask him why he did it
And tear him apart for it like Paul Tomkins did

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 07:35:29 pm »
Great to see a Liverpool legend on Football Focus.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:18 pm »
Great to see a Liverpool legend on Football Focus.
Yeah instead of Lawrenson

Offline Cragsi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »
Erm ...

The poster ya replied had "joking" written in white under that post
Riding through dust clouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attaaaaaack...

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:16 pm »

I couldn't give a fuck what 'Lawro' the poisonous little snake thinks - Lawrenson and that fat twat from the Mirror John Cross did a hatchet job on Rafa and accused him of disrespecting Hillsborough, then he said he'd explain it further in his next column but didn't - I couldn't care less what the horrible poncey little bouffant headed tit has to say about a real club legend.

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »
Erm ...

Mark his post with your mouse, so it turns blue.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 07:50:02 pm »
I have a feeling that Chelsea would love Rafa.

Then they can also sing the Rafa song as well another part of trying to turn themselves into us.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.