Author Topic: Moto Gp 2013  (Read 15911 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: Moto Gp 2011.
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 05:37:26 pm »
I found that quote to be highly disrespectful to a true champion. He isnt to everyones taste but to say that is just pathetic.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »
I think it summed up perfectly what happened.  It's true of any racer in any series - it's that judgement call of ambition/talent that makes a racer who he is.  It's why people will argue that Hamilton is a better driver than Schumacher despite the fact Schuey has won 6 more championships - because Hamilton can pass someone without putting them into a wall.  Just because Rossi has won "X" number of championships and is the most succesful rider ever, doesn't mean that he wasn't FAR FAR too ambitious going into that corner.

I will admit at this point - my view on this is slight baised as I dislike Rossi, I also dislike Stoner, but if you've ever been involved in racing, whether you like it or not, i think that quote pretty much sums up perfectly what happened, if one of our lads sticks it into the side of one of the Ferrari's at Istanbul next week - i'd say the exact same thing.

Offline TheSheikh

• Main Stander
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:43 pm »
He went for the move that was on i.m.o, he didn't want to lose the front wheel did he? Stuff like that happens, how many times over the years has he pulled moves like that and they've worked out for him? Just a 'race incident' nothing more. He never purposely took Stoner out of the race, just tried to overtake that's all. Why would he take himself out of the race? In his own mind he must have believed it was on otherwise he wouldn't have attempted it.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 07:49:05 am »
I think it summed up perfectly what happened.Just because Rossi has won "X" number of championships and is the most succesful rider ever, doesn't mean that he wasn't FAR FAR too ambitious going into that corner.

This is correct I think. Stoner did come out and say what he meant and it was along the lines of that IIRC.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 07:54:56 am »
As said before, he has pulled that move many times and its worked. He didnt take out Stoner on purpose.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
As said before, he has pulled that move many times and its worked. He didnt take out Stoner on purpose.
Or did he..?
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 08:53:36 am »
No, he didnt. I cant see any reason why he would. He is extremely talented and made a mistake. Lots of riders do it.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:47 am »
No, he didnt. I cant see any reason why he would. He is extremely talented and made a mistake. Lots of riders do it.
Sarcasm mate  ;)
He was just pushing a new bike to its limits, and beyond.
The Ducati has had a series of front end issues, and it showed again in that incident.
It was a racing incident and Stoner's comment was in the heat of the moment.
Obviously Rossi's talent doesn't outweigh his ambition - he's a 7 time world champion.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2011, 10:00:50 am »
Obviously Rossi's talent doesn't outweigh his ambition - he's a 7 time world champion.

Obviously, you're right - because he's won 7 world championships it makes him immune from making a mistake and any criticism at all. :-\

There's an awful lot of Rossi love on here - I wonder why that is? Especially when within the sport there is a general feeling that he can be greedy.

Either way, everyone is entitled to there opinion of the riders and the teams and sport.  But the quote just sums up any mistake that is down to human error quite eloquently, if not a little bluntly. It's not at all meant to insinuate that Rossi crashed into Stoner on purpose - I don't know how someone got us on to that - it just sums up quite nicely one nature of mistake.  If the tyre had blistered up prematurely - it wouldn't have been his fault at all but that wasn't the case.  He made a mistake - why can't people admit that?

I get why people don't like Stoner, he's a prick, always has excuses and isn't shy in showing that he dislikes Rossi when Rossi seems perfectly nice to him.  That doesn't mean Rossi didn't make a mistake and Stoner's quote isn't a good one.

Anyway, on another note - have any of you seen the film TT-3d?  It's amazing, went to see it last night, documents Guy Martin's attack on the TT and Hutchy winning all 5 races in the one week.  Goes into the riders lives and how there families cope with it, as well as documenting the deaths at the races each year.  Anyway, I highly recommend it - and the 3d aspect of it works really well, especially for the on-board shots.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 10:18:45 am »
Not seen it. Only got one eye so i cant watch it. Gutted.

Offline underscore

• nude corers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 1, 2011, 01:50:08 pm »
What the hell happened to Lorenzo there?
Unfortunately, even the most beautiful love stories finish, but they leave behind a lot of wonderful memories, like when my M1 and I kissed for the first time at Welkom, when she looked straight into my eyes and told me 'I love you'.

Valentino Rossi

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »
French MotoGP, Le Mans
Saturday 14 May: Qualifying: MotoGP  1150-1505, Red Button/online.

Sunday 15 May: Racing: 125cc and Moto2 race: 0950-1205, Red Button/online.
                                       MotoGP live: 1230-1400, BBC Two/online
                                       MotoGP Extra: 1400-1430, BBC Red Button/online

Jorge Lorenzo's very public squabble with Marco Simoncelli in the press room at Estoril showed there is some real needle in MotoGP this season and now we want to see it on the track.

Their bust-up, which followed Casey Stoner's sarcastic remarks to Valentino Rossi at Jerez, underlined that there are some intense rivalries this season, which makes life much more interesting for those of us who follow the sport.

As we come to the end of the 800cc era, the top bikes are all very similar, so the top riders are all evenly matched and the psychological battle is becoming much more important.

I said at the start of the season that the world title would be decided by which out of Dani Pedrosa, Casey Stoner and Lorenzo finishes the most races - and they are all a bit worried about the prospect of an aggressive rider like Simoncelli coming through and spoiling the party.

You can stop someone from crashing but you cannot give them talent and speed, you have to be born with that - and Simoncelli has shown he has it by his success at lower levels of the sport.

A lot of things people are saying about him are the same things which were said about Lorenzo three years ago, when he was fast but often flying through the air and crashing.

The younger riders are hungry and they are not after an easy time - they are willing to learn the hard way by being aggressive. As a result, they are riling the big names and getting in among them.

Simoncelli is a wild youngster who wants to achieve as much success as he can for his team and I'm sure he will get in a few people's way this season.

It was very interesting to see Pedrosa win last time out in Portugal. There has never been any question over his speed, but his physical frailty was an issue and that now seems to have gone after surgery to remove a plate in his shoulder.

The win will have been a huge relief for him because after the season opener in Qatar, he was wondering if his career might be over because of numbness in his arm.

Now he is in the hunt, lying second in the riders' standings just four points behind Lorenzo, but he has to stay fit - he is very slight and a tumble can cause him more serious damage thant it would some of the bulkier riders.

We are desperately hoping for nice, sunny weather in France this weekend and if we get it, there should be a really good three-way battle at the front.

It will be between the usual suspects, but Simoncelli, Ben Spies and Valentino Rossi could be spoilers in the park.

Rossi promised he would get better as the season goes on and he says Ducati have made some tweaks to his bike, but I've heard he can't do more than about 10 push-ups because of his shoulder.

Considering it's over a year ago since the multiple world champion was injured, that's extraordinary.

By Steve Parrish

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/default.stm

Circuit info

Length: 4.180 m. / 2,597 miles
Width: 13m
Left corners: 4
Right corners: 9
Longest straight: 674 m. / 0,419 miles
Constructed: 1965
Modified: 2008

Built in 1965 around the existing 24-Hour track, the Le Mans Bugatti Grand Prix race circuit lies 5km south of the city of Le Mans and 200km south-west of Paris. The venue has hosted Grand Prix since the late sixties but a serious accident to Spanish rider Alberto Puig in 1995 saw it struck off the calendar until 2000 whilst stringent safety improvements were carried out.

Le Mans is a tight track dominated by first gear corners that place the emphasis on late braking and hard acceleration, whilst rear end traction is also a key area. With the capacity to comfortably accommodate up to 100,000 spectators, the Bugatti circuit also plays host to the 24 hour truck race, the FIA GP2 Championship, French Touring Car and GT race.

http://www.motogp.com/en/calendar+circuits
There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline Mikie

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 09:17:09 am »
Ahrgghh did a track day Le Mans last year.  I will get goose bumps watching those boys ride around there this year.  Such an amzing circuit!  Had goose bumps all over in my first session and the front straight into the right hander is fooking fast as.  I borrowed a mates camera in one session but don't know how to post it, if I can at all.

Anyway, my two pence - The yammie's go well here but I really think the honda's will dominate.  Would love to see Marco Simm do well this weekend and get close and personal to Lorenzo.  A good a solid outing for Rossi would be nice too.  I think we will see massive improvement from Ducati on the coming 2/3 races.

Mikie
We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 09:27:32 am »
I wanna see jorge do well here ill admit, but i cant see the Ducatis really suited to this track if im honest.

Also, id give my bollocks to get on the back of someone like Stoner and do a lap of the TT. That would be one special lap.

Offline Mikie

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:50 am »
One of my goals in life is to get over there and watch the TT - would love it, really love it.

Don't think I'd be brave enough to go on the back of someone though around there  :o  Had some brilliant coverage of the race last year.  Just read though on MCN that Hutchy isn't going to ride this year due to his injuries sustained in the supersport race last year.  Shame!

Remember the two seater Desmo that Randy Mamola used to take folk on?  Now that I would do on a circuit.   

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:43 am »
Randy, jeez thats a blast from the past. Was watching KK the other day and Sheene and it was awesome. Sheene was the George Best of the motorcycling world. Fucking legend.

Offline Mikie

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:07 am »
Seen some bits of sheene and read about him.  Proper hero and awesome on a bike.  My love for bikes was ignited by Foggy in his WSB days.  A lot of folk dislike him because of his arrogance but I have to say that is one person I'd love to meet.  When he raced at Assen he dominated, was it 11 in 12 wins or 10 in 12? Something ridiculous. 

Have you been keeping tabs on WSB? 

Cracking races at the weekend and fair play to Lowes riding with his shoulder in a mess.  Amazing how these boys get back on the bikes so soon after massive offs.  Alvaro Batista - broken femur and back racing at Estoril after 6 weeks.  Incredibly brave.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:22 am »
I was brought up on Roberts and Sheene and for some reason i absolutely hated the black block paintwork of the yamahas. Still remember Sheenes massive off when his rear tyre exploded. That was nasty.

Foggy was a great rider, i found his ' arrogance ' as just utter confidence in himself. And he had every right to be like that.

Offline TheSheikh

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: June 5, 2011, 01:14:14 pm »
Anyone watching this? It's a bit spaced out already but Simoncelli put a good move early on, it's still early now though 18 laps to go

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 5, 2011, 06:44:57 pm »
Stoner the winner after 2 laps today,Cant believe I got nearly even money for him to win today.
bollocks

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 7, 2011, 07:21:23 am »
Awful boring race. Simo admitted he made a mistake with his clutch at the start, disappointed with him thought he would be at least pushing for a podium.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 7, 2011, 08:08:14 am »
I was out and missed it. Ill catch up with it during the week. Although i know who won etc, was there any good action or is it best to just eat worms rather than watch the race?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 7, 2011, 08:41:43 am »
Worms..Not much happened to be honest.
bollocks

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 7, 2011, 08:47:13 am »
Worms..Not much happened to be honest.

Ah well, i best get out in the garden then.

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:05 pm »
Anybody going to Silverstone over the weekend? We are, though the weather forecast is dire for Sunday. Have paddock passes but will be hiding in a covered grandstand i think!!
I am hoping for a Stoner win. My little boy wants a Lorenzo victory.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 06:17:46 am »
I wish. My bike is off the road and cant afford it. Hope you have a great time. Yea and i have to agree about Stoner. The lad is really going for it and seems a lot more focussed now.

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:28 am »
I wish. My bike is off the road and cant afford it. Hope you have a great time. Yea and i have to agree about Stoner. The lad is really going for it and seems a lot more focussed now.
Morning SHF! Shame you won't be going. To be honest, you'll probably have a far warmer and more comfortable race than me given the weather forecast. I'll cheer Stoner on from you too. Hope Crutchlow does well also - compared to Toseland's GP experience, Crutchlow seems to have taken to it far better.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »
Anybody going to Silverstone over the weekend? We are, though the weather forecast is dire for Sunday. Have paddock passes but will be hiding in a covered grandstand i think!!
I am hoping for a Stoner win. My little boy wants a Lorenzo victory.

was going too but last years nightmare has kinda put me off.....

robbed of everything while i was sleeping in my tent.... yes they were stashed too must of been proper scouting round my tent....

c*nts have some bottle to actually go in my tent while im asleep in it.... by all accounts a load got robbed the same day when giving my statement.... some woke up while they were going in and when asked they just replied they thought it was there tent sorry....

hoping for a wet race to be honest just to put a spanner in the works....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:52:04 pm by 1892-WELLZ »
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2011, 09:08:31 pm »
Hopefully it will rain tomorrow!

Nice pic for Spies fans, taken today

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:22:59 pm by Waka »

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »
That's a shame SHF but you are def going to have a drier race than I am (if you watch it from home). Just checked the weather for tomorrow and it's grim!
Rafa Benitez

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
was going too but last years nightmare has kinda put me off.....

robbed of everything while i was sleeping in my tent.... yes they were stashed too must of been proper scouting round my tent....

c*nts have some bottle to actually go in my tent while im asleep in it.... by all accounts a load got robbed the same day when giving my statement.... some woke up while they were going in and when asked they just replied they thought it was there tent sorry....

hoping for a wet race to be honest just to put a spanner in the works....

That's really awful, I'm shocked to hear that. We have never camped there to be honest - my in laws live only 45 mins from Silverstone and Donington was also driveable distance for each day when the GP was there. Can't believe people would do that to eachother - I have always found people to be pretty friendly in the past.

Tomorrow we have ended up very lucky. We have Paddock passes and have been told we can go on a pit walk in the morning - we weren't expecting that. My little boy has gone to bed very excited! That should make up for the fact we're going to get absolutely drenched watching the race  :D
Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 05:37:20 am »
It looks a nice day out atm but it is 5.30am lol. And my bastard brother is waiting for his lift to the MotoGP the little speccy eyed twat. Im not jealous. No,not at all. The prick.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 12:40:49 pm »
Pissing down at Silverstone.

Wet race should be exciting, Valentino dropped it already in practice this morning!

Edwards back 1 week after breaking his collarbone - must be mental
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »
Racing at that speed in them conditions crazy talented fuckers .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 01:10:44 pm »
Simoncelli.how did he stay on there
bollocks

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 01:19:53 pm »
Simoncelli.how did he stay on there

Got the pace to win this despite trying to drop it!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:11 pm »
Got the pace to win this despite trying to drop it!
yep ..lorenzooooooooooooooooooo  noooooooooooo
bollocks

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 01:24:19 pm »
Spies and Lorenzo off within a few corners of each other.

Jorge high-sided it a treat!

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2011, 01:27:08 pm »
Ooops

He's been trying to drop it all race

Simoncelli out

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2011, 01:27:52 pm »
Aye good highside by Lorenzo.