Author Topic: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)  (Read 521200 times)

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
Re: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)
« Reply #3760 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:39 am »
                   Reina

Glen    Skrtel       Agger    Enrique

Allen          SahinLucas
                   Suso

Gerrard    Suarez   Sterling

*cough*

So Lucas is fit already? No?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: November 14, 2012, 12:44:59 am »
Is anyone else frustrated at how one-footed he is?

His left leg is a thing of majesty but his right is a shocker.

remembered a certain Maradona was pretty left footed only player........  ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3762 on: November 14, 2012, 06:51:27 am »
Just imagine how much better he could have been if he'd worked on his right foot more

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: November 14, 2012, 07:40:24 am »
I think he looks much better when he's brought on in the second half. I don't think he's that useful when he starts and I'm sure BR will move on to fix this in January (hopefully). He is a very useful sub and a good option to have on the bench. I'm sure it's much more than he could ask for at 18.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #3764 on: November 14, 2012, 07:52:12 am »
I fear that Suso (and Sterling for that matter) will struggle to take going from involvement in most games to just a few once reinforcements are brought in

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: November 14, 2012, 07:58:24 am »
I fear that Suso (and Sterling for that matter) will struggle to take going from involvement in most games to just a few once reinforcements are brought in

Don't think so.
They'll probably still be involved in all league games, just playing more of them as a sub (Suso more then Sterling probably) and will perhaps be starting in a few FA Cup and Europa league games they now likely wouldn't. More, less the same playing time if not more and the club will benefit from having a stronger team to line up for cup and european games and having better subs to use in league matches.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3766 on: November 14, 2012, 08:10:42 am »

I think it will have the opposite effect, it will force them to raise their game to reclaim their spot in the team.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #3767 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:33 am »
Think this kid has got a great future ahead of him under BR, he seems to fit his module perfectly, small, good with ball, and can pick a pass, he'll only get better with age and under this manager and spain managers, i think he'll become a great player, maybe not a xavi, but if hes half as good, i'll be more than happy. 
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: November 14, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »
The only worry I have about him not becoming as good as players mentioned on here is that he has a little of Babel about him. Not playing style at all, but the way he drifts in and out of games and you know what he can do sometimes but he just doesn't do it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Oh Caption! My Caption!

• Was Alonso.
  • Legacy Fan
  • And it's GERAAAAAAARD!!!
« Reply #3769 on: November 14, 2012, 12:25:11 pm »
                   Reina

Glen    Skrtel       Agger    Enrique

Allen          SahinLucas
                   Suso

Gerrard    Suarez   Sterling

*cough*

Sahin is better than Allen.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #3770 on: November 14, 2012, 12:27:27 pm »
He's a 15 minute player at the moment, which is completely understandable given his age and experience.

We need to ensure he becomes a 90 minute player.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: November 14, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »
He's 18. I think he'd be capable of starting in La Liga and looking good all season, but the Premier League is a little bit more fast paced and physical. (I'm not saying that Prem is better than La Liga btw) He's too talented not to eventually be top quality but right now, because he hasn't got the pace that Sterling does (and is a completely different player altogether), there will be some games that pass him by. It's no coincidence that he looked a cut above in the European game. Every game he does play in though, will help him towards becoming a top quality Prem league player. Just about getting that match-time whilst at the same time not overwhelming him.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #3772 on: November 14, 2012, 12:49:48 pm »
He's 18. I think he'd be capable of starting in La Liga and looking good all season, but the Premier League is a little bit more fast paced and physical. (I'm not saying that Prem is better than La Liga btw) He's too talented not to eventually be top quality but right now, because he hasn't got the pace that Sterling does (and is a completely different player altogether), there will be some games that pass him by. It's no coincidence that he looked a cut above in the European game. Every game he does play in though, will help him towards becoming a top quality Prem league player. Just about getting that match-time whilst at the same time not overwhelming him.
Agree.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: November 14, 2012, 01:02:15 pm »

I don't disagree with that but this season Sahin has been poor so I'd have Allen ahead of him at the moment
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3774 on: November 14, 2012, 01:22:33 pm »
Woahhhhh he's magic, you knowwww, Jesus Fernadez Suso

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:41 am »

Not from the evidence so far in a red shirt

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3776 on: November 16, 2012, 01:45:51 am »

You been watching youtube clips again, mate? Sahin has shown glimpses of his talent but not consistently enough since coming here. He has a long way to go to convince me that he is anywhere near back to his impressive best. Allen, however has done a sterling job since coming to the club largely playing out of position. Your short comment has little substance. Elaborate on what you have seen so far to back it up.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline ryan125

• Kopite
« Reply #3777 on: November 16, 2012, 01:46:43 am »

Different players....Allen has impressed more this season though, and we haven't seen him in his best position yet.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3778 on: November 16, 2012, 02:12:53 am »
Suso, however, is a talent, pure and simple. Does a job the boss asks. When he is given full responsibility of playing between midfield and forwards, the kid is gonna fly. Better than Wilshere now, if that means anything. What's he gonna be like later on this season and next? Scary.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #3779 on: November 16, 2012, 02:17:25 am »
Suso, however, is a talent, pure and simple. Does a job the boss asks. When he is given full responsibility of playing between midfield and forwards, the kid is gonna fly. Better than Wilshere now, if that means anything. What's he gonna be like later on this season and next? Scary.

Gotta love RAWK hyperbole. Wilshere already has one full league season under his belt and ran the show against a Barcelona midfield containing Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets when he was Suso's age. Suso may eventually reach Wilshere's level, but currently he is progressing well for us and comparisons like these are unfair to Suso.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: November 16, 2012, 02:31:46 am »

Definitely not better than Wilshere is now, potentially has more upside maybe.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: November 16, 2012, 02:35:14 am »
Definitely not better than Wilshere is now, potentially has more upside maybe.

Considering Wilshire has been out for over a year and just got sent off on his full debut, I would say Suso is currently better than Wilshire.

However, Wilshire at his best is a very classy player.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: November 16, 2012, 02:40:08 am »
Considering Wilshire has been out for over a year and just got sent off on his full debut, I would say Suso is currently better than Wilshire.

However, Wilshire at his best is a very classy player.

Wilshere is the better player right now, there isn't an argument to say otherwise, both of the players performances since Wilshere came back and Suso broke through have been of a similar standard anyways.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #3783 on: November 16, 2012, 02:41:46 am »
Wilshere is miles and miles ahead of Suso right now.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: November 16, 2012, 02:47:56 am »

:butt :butt :butt :butt :butt
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: November 16, 2012, 02:53:32 am »
Wilshere is the better player right now, there isn't an argument to say otherwise, both of the players performances since Wilshere came back and Suso broke through have been of a similar standard anyways.

Eh we are arguing margins anyway. I would agree that Wilshire at his best is miles ahead of Suso, but there is no telling what Wilshire is like right now after being a year out of the game.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3786 on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:02 am »
Eh we are arguing margins anyway. I would agree that Wilshire at his best is miles ahead of Suso, but there is no telling what Wilshire is like right now after being a year out of the game.

I don't know. Even in the few times he's appeared since he's returned he barely looks like he missed a beat.

Offline ThisisAnfield96

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: November 16, 2012, 04:00:53 am »
Erm..

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:39 am »
Gotta love RAWK hyperbole. Wilshere already has one full league season under his belt and ran the show against a Barcelona midfield containing Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets when he was Suso's age. Suso may eventually reach Wilshere's level, but currently he is progressing well for us and comparisons like these are unfair to Suso.

Different types of players as far as I'm concerned.  Wilshere was always going to be a central midfield player but I have my doubts about Suso ever playing there.  He has done so in the past for Spain U19s and even one or two games in the reserves but I think the club see him as a no.10 of sorts.  Wilshere is a cracking young player but I don't think he is anymore talented than Suso.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #3789 on: November 16, 2012, 05:15:01 am »
It is unfair to both Suso and Wilshere. Wilshere is better player than Suso
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: November 16, 2012, 06:22:35 am »
Wiltshere is the English Messi  ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Kopitian

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3791 on: November 16, 2012, 06:33:26 am »
cole is the english messi.
downing is the english figo.

what other hyperboles in rawk out there.. i remembered reading once on an official site that he'd rather have owen than ronaldo9...

anyways.. wilshere is still streats ahead of suso. Suso definitely has the potential to be as good if not better.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: November 16, 2012, 06:33:50 am »
Wiltshere is the English Messi  ;)
Ahem,

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #3793 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:56 am »
Big Jan on Suso

"SUSO made a big difference when he came on against Chelsea in a central role at Stamford Bridge.

The young Spaniard has great ability – he can hold on to the ball, he can go past players and he sees a pass.

He is different to Raheem Sterling, who is all about pace and taking players on.

Suso is happy to slow it down and allow opposition players to get close. He’s got that bit of arrogance on the ball that you need.

Suso came into the side playing out wide because that’s where there was a gap after Fabio Borini got injured.

But recently he’s had more of an impact playing through the middle and I think that’s where he’s most effective."

Then today Rodgers has said he sees Suso as a no10 and he's going to develop him there (but I'm not putting a link to those quotes because it's a Word Thief "exclusive").

I didn't expect him to get shifted inside so soon, but it's good news for the lad as he's not quite quick enough out wide.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #3794 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:32 am »
Suso as no. 10. Very interesting. Does this suggest BR is looking at a change in formation? Or is the #10 the most advanced of the middle three?

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #3795 on: November 16, 2012, 10:42:36 am »
Suso as no. 10. Very interesting. Does this suggest BR is looking at a change in formation? Or is the #10 the most advanced of the middle three?
Yes.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #3796 on: November 16, 2012, 10:46:40 am »
Then today Rodgers has said he sees Suso as a no10 and he's going to develop him there (but I'm not putting a link to those quotes because it's a Word Thief "exclusive").

I didn't expect him to get shifted inside so soon, but it's good news for the lad as he's not quite quick enough out wide.

Me neither, and him being more centrally positioned also helps to negate the possibility of him not seeing enough of the ball. May I ask when did BR mention him seeing Suso as a no10?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3797 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:39 am »

Suso's rarely impressed 'in the hole' for the ressies so I dont personally see what the rush is to play him there in the seniors.

Personal opinion is that it's because a certain Mr Gerrard will be taking his spot on the right, rather than it being because Suso has staked a claim.

No better way for him to improve there than there is by actually playing in that position, but I wont be expecting him to be all that effective there for a while yet.

Offline Oh Caption! My Caption!

• Was Alonso.
  • Legacy Fan
  • And it's GERAAAAAAARD!!!
« Reply #3798 on: November 16, 2012, 10:48:43 am »

We don't play a three mate, we play a two. I always thought we played the three but if you saw Rodgers interview after chelsea he actually said along the lines of 'we changed from our usual formation of the 4-2-3-1.'

So it looks like rodgers actually want to play similar to rafa in terms of having two sitting deep and one just off the striker

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3799 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:34 am »
Suso is a Mata/Silva/Xavi type player that needs to play centrally and distribute. Silva and Mata both started out on the wings (and even occasionally play there when needed although they tend to move inside fast) as well.

He is good when the ball at his feet, not so much when it is not. A winger/forward attacker needs to excel without the ball even more so than a number 10. I think this is why Rodgers wants him in a more central role (which he is perfectly suited for).