Author Topic: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)  (Read 521130 times)

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »
I know we have the youth/reserve thread, but I think that gets overlooked by alot of our supporters, my grandad (avid supporter) albeit it 70 odd, didn't know of Suso until I showed him a few videos of him.

Milan Kaka Baros has alot of good compilations of him.

He's a superb talent and I seriously think he's ahead of Pacheco in terms of quality and skill and technique. Hope to see Kenny bring him into the first team squad pretty soon.

I'll post MKB's compilations up here so those who haven't seen him can get a look at what he's all about.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:14:49 pm by The 5th Benitle »
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suso
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:05 pm »
*Eagerly awaits that cocky shit Suso (RAWK user) to come in here and say something cocky yet shite ;)*

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:22 pm »
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »
I know we have the youth/reserve thread, but I think that gets overlooked by alot of our supporters, my grandad (avid supporter) albeit it 70 odd, didn't know of Suso until I showed him a few videos of him.

He's a superb talent and I seriously think he's ahead of Pacheco in terms of quality and skill and technique. Hope to see Kenny bring him into the first team squad very, very soon.

I'll post MKB's compilations up here so those who haven't seen him can get a look at what he's all about.
Was thinking about Suso a while ago... Yea, he looks streets ahead of Dani, who is streets ahead of the rest.
Id like to see Dani get a run out first, then bring Suso in, If they both can make it, they can both play together on the first team in time.. I'm hoping for a little bit of a Barca feel in the coming years.. we can blood in a few of these bright kids

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 03:59:31 pm »
Start him against Blackpool.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 04:00:02 pm »
We have some cracking talent in the youths. These lads could be the making of the first team for years to come.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 04:00:15 pm »
Dani first, he needs a proper chance. Go on Kenny.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
*Eagerly awaits that cocky shit Suso (RAWK user) to come in here and say something cocky yet shite ;)*

;D

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »
I'm Suso excited, and I just can't hide it...
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »
Thank you Rafa for leaving us Suso.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
 Think he could be massive for us, from what i've seen he looks like an AWESOME prospect.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 04:02:34 pm »
If he's good enough then he'll get onto the first team. It's one thing shining in a youth team or reserve team but it's a big step up to play on the first team.
#JFT97

Offline Dudek

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »
Alonso v2
"We do not need to give away flags for our fans to wave - our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It's the passion of fans that helps to win matches - not flags."
- Rafael Benitez

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »
In a season that is lost already I fully expect him (barring injury) to get some minutes towards the end of the season.

Exceptional talent that stands out amongst our gifted youngsters. Imagine how much he would've cost if he was English!!!

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »

Watching that, and the confidence he has in wanting to attack a man and the way he controls of the ball reminds of Ronaldo. <–– I know, I know.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 04:08:45 pm »
Those highlights look alright.

Plus a couple of him showed him sticking a foot in to win the ball- I like that a lot
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »
How old is Suso? And how old is Sterling? Are they both 16? Are they both eligible to play for the first team?

This season could be the chance to give them their debuts. If they really are outstanding players for their age group, then they need to start playing earlier than most.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 04:09:55 pm »
How old is Suso?
17, Sterling's 16 iirc.

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »
He reminds me alot of Iniesta and Nasri. Very exciting prospect, if he can translate that calmness in an around the box into games in tougher competition he'll be brilliant. I hope we look after this lad properely, his potential is sky high!

Offline SecondComing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »
Sterling only recently turned 16, too. Shocking how good these two look.

I think Suso is definitely ready for a cameo.

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:12:04 pm »

He's a superb talent and I seriously think he's ahead of Pacheco in terms of quality and skill and technique. Hope to see Kenny bring him into the first team squad very, very soon.

Pacheco was streets ahead of him in the reserves derby in November. He's very young though so I'm reserving judgement just don't think people should be demanding his promotion yet.

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 04:13:50 pm »
Start him against Blackpool.

FFS!

Anyway this should be in the reserves thread, end of.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 04:16:48 pm »
Take the coaches on trust, I doubt he's ready at 16. The video of the Palace game there is a joy to watch, though.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 04:17:24 pm »
Pacheco was streets ahead of him in the reserves derby in November. He's very young though so I'm reserving judgement just don't think people should be demanding his promotion yet.

He wasn't. It was just that Suso was played as a holding midfielder to dictate the play whereas Dani was played in his natural position. Don't get me wrong I love Dani as a player and feel atm he is the better player, but Suso is a step above even what Dani was at 16/17.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »
We have an absolute gem of a talent in the team, among others. Put him up front on the right side of a 4 3 3 and dare I say, we have our own little Messi in the making ;)

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 04:20:49 pm »
We have an absolute gem of a talent in the team, among others. Put him up front on the right side of a 4 3 3 and dare I say, we have our own little Messi in the making ;)

The way he laid off short passes here and there without breaking pace did remind a little of Messi.

Offline t0nylfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 04:20:53 pm »
good on the ball him

first time ive seen him in action

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

Dani on the left, Suso on the right. Torres up front. Barca who?  :wave

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 04:22:09 pm »
He wasn't. It was just that Suso was played as a holding midfielder to dictate the play whereas Dani was played in his natural position. Don't get me wrong I love Dani as a player and feel atm he is the better player, but Suso is a step above even what Dani was at 16/17.

Pacheco was much better that evening. In fact Suso was pretty poor but as I said I'm reserving judgement as he is very, very young.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 04:25:42 pm »
Poor mans Pacecho  ;)

Very exciting player. Excellent close control and dribbling, but the most impressive part of his game has to be his passing ability, he just seems to have panoramic vision, sees everything. And more often than not picks his pass, with either foot.

Also has that uncanny knack of 'dictating' the game by placing his passes for players to run on to without breaking stride.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:06 pm »
he reminds me of Guti.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »
Is there any truth that kenny recommended he shoud be training with the first team this season?!

Edit, i'm not advocating him training with the 1st team just yet, I saw it on some barca forum (that seems to be full of english people)...

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
he reminds me of Guti.

Definitely, only with the potential to be an awful lot better.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline KopiteN1ck

• Main Stander
  • Justice for Suarez!
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »
reminds me of a young pablo aimar...

immense dribbler
YNWA

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »
He looks brilliant, the close control he has is superb, reminds me of the way Messi dribbles. Hopefully see him get a chance within the next year or so, he can't do any worse than some of our senior players this season!
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 04:30:44 pm »
The way he laid off short passes here and there without breaking pace did remind a little of Messi.

If you have seen Messi, which I am sure you have, he is left footed, starts on the right of the front 3 and comes inside every chance he gets, dribbles and runs circles around the defenders.

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »
He is shockingly good, consistently embarrases teams in the youth league and cup.

I'd have him as a sub right now.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 04:32:54 pm »
Technically clearly very, very gifted.

None of the nonsense such as "Put him in against Blackpool" etc though. You could destroy him.

Let him develop his game out the spotlight, and if he continues to progress, his time will come
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »
Is there any truth that kenny recommended he shoud be training with the first team this season?!

Edit, i'm not advocating him training with the 1st team just yet, I saw it on some barca forum (that seems to be full of english people)...

Dunno about that, but things like this are why it would be of benefit to everyone if all levels of the club trained at the same location
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 04:38:22 pm »
Alonso v2

Dunno about that mate, I think he looks more dynamic than that, more of a Xavi type player than a sitter like Alonso. Great passing range though.
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"