If you were NESV, looking at Rafa's CV, wouldn't you at least speak to him? Think of the pluses - it mightn't be as daft as it seems:-
1. He's a proven winner - he's CV is the best of all those being mentioned
2. He loves LFC and Liverpool
3. There's a new ownership regime, with no residual rancour e..g. a fresh start (there may be even a bit of sympathy for what Rafa had to put up with).
4. He's available and could hit the ground running. Give him a reasonable transfer budget and he'll be purring.
5. His re-appointment would be broadly welcomed by most (not all though) LFC fans
5. It would get right up the nose of the British football establishment!
The negatives though:
1. Senior players may walk e.g. Stevie G and Carra
2. He needs 'managing' as he can be difficult for an owner to deal with
3. Purslow may walk - oh well, never mind
4. It could be perceived as a step backwards
5. There could be a negative reaction from some sections of the fans
6. The collateral damage caused to LFC by him being sacked might be more than we're aware of - possibly beyond repair...?
Probably won't happen but I am sure that it is an option that FSG would consider.......?