Author Topic: Ralf Rangnick, Jurgen Klopp, Didier Deschamps, Coyle, Vilas Boas et al.  (Read 46825 times)

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Post articles and stuff here on 5 of the front runners for the LFC job, we all want to know more about them, there philosophies, footballing methods and history.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
Re: Ralf Rangnick, Jurgen Klopp, Didier Deschamps, Coyle, Vilas Boas et al.
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2011, 01:50:32 am »
Klopp is someone I know little about, looked on wikipedia and he doesn't look an amazing manager ?

OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2011, 02:01:22 am »
Klopp is someone I know little about, looked on wikipedia and he doesn't look an amazing manager ?

Why is that?

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2011, 02:02:52 am »
Why is that?

Got relegated, won one trophy at Dortmund, not finished in the top 4...

According to wikipedia, I don't know how updated it is.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #4 on: January 3, 2011, 02:03:18 am »

That is a cracking statement. Please, continue.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline OldCold

• Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #5 on: January 3, 2011, 02:05:37 am »
That is a cracking statement. Please, continue.

Read the first part of the statement.

Stop fishing.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 3, 2011, 02:09:14 am »
Got relegated, won one trophy at Dortmund, not finished in the top 4...

According to wikipedia, I don't know how updated it is.

He has a young Dortmund team 10 points clear at the top at the midway point in the Bundesliga season.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 3, 2011, 02:14:24 am »
He took over Mainz when they were languishing in the Bundesliga.2. It's like a manager taking over Barnsley or Doncaster, for example, and getting them promotion within two years.

Within that time, he transformed the club. It's not all about promotion/relegation, it's about building a stable base on which they could build upon. Remember the Mainz team that smashed us 5-0 in a pre-season friendly? That was his. They are an unfashionable club, but he built them up from the bottom and set them for the next 15 years. So much so, they're now challenging for the Champions League.

Took over Dortmund the season after they finished 13th. Finished 6th and 5th, slowly building a young team who plays incredible football. It's now paying dividends, and they're absolutely running away with the Bundesliga. Three years was all he needed to stamp his vision on Dortmund, and he did similar at Mainz - even if they did suffer a blip under his leadership.

Watch a Dortmund game. Watch how his team press relentlessly. Watch how players interchange, move the ball quickly and effectively. They're very, very good and 95% of it is down to Klopp and his vision.

Offline OldCold

• Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #8 on: January 3, 2011, 02:14:50 am »
He has a young Dortmund team 10 points clear at the top at the midway point in the Bundesliga season.

Fair enough.

Lets see if he hangs on and wins it.

Offline 5starLfc

• Anny Roader
  • Expedition to the summit. Success or failure?
« Reply #9 on: January 3, 2011, 05:20:27 am »
Mad genius Jürgen Klopp takes youthful Dortmund to new heights. Raphael Honigstein.

It's too early to tell whether Jürgen Klopp can follow in the footsteps of Bayern manager Louis van Gaal and win the Bundesliga championship this season. But the 43-year-old Klopp is certainly on course to have a similarly positive impact as the Dutchman had on the German national team.
Van Gaal helped Jogi Löw's cause by realizing the full central midfield potential of Bastian Schweinsteiger as well as nurturing the talents of Holger Badstuber and Thomas Müller. Klopp's great work at Bundesliga leader Dortmund has now ushered in the next wave of young internationals. Center back Mats Hummels, 21; left back Marcel Schmelzer, 22; and midfielders Kevin Großkreutz, 22, and Mario Götze, 18, have all been called up for Germany's friendly game against Sweden next week.

"It's a great testament to the development of each one of them, but also to that of Borussia Dortmund as a whole," sporting director Michael Zorc said.
Zorc might have thrown Klopp's name in with the accolades, too. Then again, it wasn't really necessary. Everybody acknowledges that Borussia owes its re-emergence to the man with the floppy haircut. Player by player, Dortmund is good, but it shouldn't be quite good enough to lead the table with nine victories in 11 games. Its bespectacled, all-action sideline blusterer ("I'm shocked sometimes, looking at myself on television," he said) clearly makes the difference.

When you see him on the touchline in his black tracksuit, all wired up, punching the air and jumping around like a hyperactive 6-year-old on a sugar rush in Disneyland, it's easy to think of him as purely a "motivational coach," a kind of cross between Martin O'Neill and Jürgen Klinsmann. The reality, however, is much more flattering. Klopp not only can read a mean game -- he gave TV punditry a good name from 2005 to 2008, bringing tactical analysis to the masses -- but also write one. He established little Mainz 05 in the top flight with "concept football" (thoroughly drilled, collective movement at high tempo) and is now reaping greater rewards, thanks to Borussia's superior squad.
Against his former club 10 days ago, Klopp employed an unusual 4-3-2-1 formation that he said the team had practiced for only 45 minutes. His players, though, were tactically sophisticated enough to deal with the change and, as he put it, "greedy" enough to fight Mainz's pacey pressing game with even more pacey pressing. Dortmund won 2-0 to regain the top spot.

Klopp's also put "Life-Kinetik" on the curriculum, exercises in coordination and movement. "It doesn't look like it has anything to do with football," he explained, "but it teaches you the connection between awareness and motion sequences, between brain and body. You can train these things."
If the relationship between manager and his young team (average age: just over 23) is a little reminiscent of that of very driven, ambitious teacher and his eager pupils, that's probably no coincidence. Klopp was brought up by an ultracompetitive father who taught the young boy to ski and play tennis and football -- the hard way.

"He would outrun me on the football pitch or simply ski down the hill even though I was a novice," Klopp told the German newspaper Die Zeit last year. "He would show no mercy, and never let me win."

Like many modern coaches of a similar ilk, Klopp never scaled real heights as a player. He was only a better-than-average pro at Mainz, in the second division. He obviously shares the "greed" he keeps referring to with his charges; few Bundesliga coaches have looked more determined in recent years. Winning might be everything to him, but Klopp is clearly someone who thinks beyond the 90 minutes, too. Asked about the taboo subject of homosexual footballers, Klopp said he would welcome them in his team.

"If they're good, they will play. If not, they won't," he said. "It's as simple as that. There might be some daft comments in the showers and jokes in the changing room, but it would soon become normal and accepted by the players. It will be like four at the back in Germany. At first, people didn't want it and made silly comments, but now it has become the norm."

His sense of humor can verge on the vulgar but he doesn't take himself too seriously. In the wake of Dortmund's 4-0 win at Hannover on Sunday, Klopp was happy to answer a series of satirical questions about "Dortmund's crisis" on German television.

"Neck to neck with teams like Mainz and Eintracht Frankfurt after 11 games -- that's not what we want," he deadpanned. "We have problems, so many problems. I'm not sure I'm still the right manager. The team seems to play to get rid of me."
The opposite is true. In fact, Dortmund will have to continue to play extremely well if it is to keep him around in the coming years: There are persistent rumors that "Kloppo" might one day follow van Gaal in yet another way -- onto the Bayern Munich bench.

Good article IMO. The parts which impress me are in bold. Nurturing young talent and implementing new training methods are something which would impress FSG.

Offline 5starLfc

• Anny Roader
  • Expedition to the summit. Success or failure?
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2011, 05:26:58 am »
Now this for anybody wanting to know what people thought of Villas Boas in his early days.

Crucial role of boy scout who is Mourinho's 'eyes and ears' - Alex Hayes. The Independent.
Dated:  Sunday, 11 July 2004 (yes, 2004)

Any Premier League club spotting a young man with auburn hair and a blue tracksuit loitering with intent in the bushes around their training ground this coming season should be extremely worried. Chances are it will be Andre Villas Boas. Earlier this week, he was casually introduced as Chelsea's new assistant scout. In reality, Villas is the man who Jose Mourinho himself refers to as "my eyes and ears".

Any Premier League club spotting a young man with auburn hair and a blue tracksuit loitering with intent in the bushes around their training ground this coming season should be extremely worried. Chances are it will be Andre Villas Boas. Earlier this week, he was casually introduced as Chelsea's new assistant scout. In reality, Villas is the man who Jose Mourinho himself refers to as "my eyes and ears".
Mourinho may have brought with him from Porto an assistant manager, a goalkeeping coach and a fitness guru, while promoting Steve Clarke from the Chelsea youth ranks to the first team. But it is Villas who has been put in charge of Mourinho's most cherished department: strategy.
"Some managers prefer to concentrate more on fitness or mental," Villas says, "but Jose likes to marry all aspects of coaching. He does a lot of physical and tactical work on the field, but believes that you can also benefit greatly from careful analysis and planning.

"My work enables Jose to know exactly when a player from the opposition team is likely to be at his best or his weakest. I will travel to training grounds, often incognito, and then look at our opponents' mental and physical state before drawing my conclusions and presenting a full dossier to Jose."
To many managers, such meticulous organisation may seem a little over the top, especially in a league where tactics and subtlety are often lacking. But this is how Mourinho guided his unfancied Porto troops to back-to-back Portuguese titles and victory in last year's Uefa Cup competition, before signing off in majestic style by winning the Champions' League in May.

"Jose is obsessed with detail," says Villas in the flawless English that he was taught by his grandmother, Margaret Kendall, who moved from her native North-east to Guimaraes in the early part of the last century. "He will leave nothing to chance, even if his team are playing against the worst side in the League."
It is easy to see why Villas is held in such high esteem by arguably Europe's premier manager. Calm and precise, he exudes the confidence of a veteran. "I guess it is because I started coaching when I was very young," explains the 26-year-old going on 50. "Despite my age, I have a lot of experience."

Villas's meteoric rise through the ranks owes much to his hard work and enthusiasm, but the Portuguese coach is the first to admit that the roots to his success are English. "When Mr Bobby Robson came to Porto to be a coach in 1994," Villas recalls, "he moved into my building. I was a small boy, but because I was so interested in football I went to his flat to try to meet him.

"He liked my passion so helped me to enrol at Lilleshall to take my FA coaching qualifications. He also arranged for me to do my Scottish qualifications in Largs and spend some time at Ipswich with George Burley to see the team train." Villas was just 17. "I started very young in Lilleshall," he says. "In fact, I shouldn't really have been there, because the law doesn't allow a minor to take qualifications. But Bobby [Robson] smoothed the way with Mr Charles Hughes [the former head of coaching at the Centre of Excellence] and I was allowed in to take my Uefa C badges.

"I was the youngest coach there by a mile, but I was so determined to make it that it didn't bother me. I spent three weeks at each venue in the UK and then came back to Porto to do one year's coaching with the youth teams. The following season I went on to do my Uefa B course and then, last year, I got my A licence."
Coaching was not Villas's first love. "I would have loved to have played at the highest level," he says, "but I wasn't a good enough midfielder to make it so I turned to coaching. It did not take long, though, before I was hooked by all the aspects of management. It's such a varied and demanding job. I love it and now I couldn't imagine doing anything else. My ultimate dream is to be totally in charge of my own club soon."

In between his various exams, Villas found the time to become the British Virgin Islands' technical director of football in 2000. "I was basically the country's coach," says Villas, who was the youngest international manager at the time. "I was a kid, but they didn't know that. I only told them my age the day I left the post. It was such a grand job for a 21-year-old. I was in charge for the 2002 World Cup qualifiers, and I remember Bermuda beating us very heavily, with Shaun Goater [the Reading striker] scoring five goals. It was a bad defeat, but still an unbelievable experience for a guy so young."

Following 18 months in the sun, he returned to Porto to coach the Under-19s. A year later, Mourinho was appointed as manager, and Villas was given his big break. "Because Jose knew me well from his time as Bobby Robson's assistant, he asked me to create the Opponent Observation Department." In simple terms, the role of the OOD is to compile secret service-style dossiers on Chelsea's rivals. "It takes me four days to put an entire file together," Villas says, "so it is very comprehensive. The reports are given to all the players as well as the manager. The idea is that when the players go out on the pitch, they are totally prepared, so there can be very few surprises during the game."

Will Villas be ready for the new season? "I will watch Birmingham City in a friendly on 17 July," he says, "and then go on the tour of the US to follow Manchester United [Chelsea's first opponents of the campaign]. When I come back, I will be watching Crystal Palace and I am already gathering a bit of information regarding Southampton. My eyes are open and my work has already begun in earnest." Chelsea's rivals had better start checking their training-ground bushes.

Feel free to add in your thought in this really old piece from The Independent.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2011, 05:52:40 am »
I posted this in another thread but I'll repost it here - It's an interview with Ralf Rangnick

'Football Is Always the Future'

In an interview with SPIEGEL, Hoffenheim head coach Ralf Rangnick, 50, discusses the meteoric rise of his football team from a small-town club into a giant killer in Germany's Bundesliga, the perils of success and his occasional temper tantrums.

SPIEGEL: Mr. Rangnick, your team, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, is the first newcomer to the Bundesliga -- the highest tier of league football in Germany -- to ever win the fall championship in its first year. Even the Times of London has celebrated this football miracle. Has it surprised you, too?

Ralf Rangnick: It's inconceivable, really. We are doing our best to understand it, and we certainly have our theories, but part of it is still a fairy tale. It's good that we now have the chance to pause for a moment, so that we don't lose perspective.

SPIEGEL: Can your team win the German championship in May?

Rangnick: In theory, yes; but no one is expecting us to. Nor is anyone saying that we have to do everything we can to capture the title.

SPIEGEL: Would doing so mean that you were releasing an evil genie from the bottle?

Rangnick: No, but we would create unnecessary pressure and lose much of our laid-back approach in the process. What the team has achieved so far is so amazing that no one would be disappointed if we ended up in fifth place at the end of the season. VfB Stuttgart won the championship in 2007 because the team refused to think about it until the very end. They were only under real pressure once -- in the final match.
SPIEGEL: Did your team work itself into a frenzy of sorts over the course of the first half of the season? Did the young players learn quickly, or are they simply that good?

Rangnick: A bit of everything. We haven't had to worry about being relegated to a lower tier at any point in the season. With a young team, this flow can tip in the opposite direction if the team loses three times in a row. At this level, though, it still has to learn how to deal with defeats.

SPIEGEL: Such as after its 1-2 loss to FC Bayern Munich?

Rangnick: That was a bitter defeat; it was brutal. But I told my boys: "You played a fantastic game in this Champions League environment." Apart from Carlos Eduardo, none of them had ever played in front of 70,000 fans and experienced such a commotion in the days leading up to the match.

SPIEGEL: Why did you seem so agitated after that outstanding match?

Rangnick: I'm not a good loser. When I was a child, I once threw a toy fire truck at my great grandfather after he beat me at a board game. Even today, it's not a good idea to approach me if we've lost a match because we made a few mistakes.

SPIEGEL: After the final whistle in Munich, it looked as though you were blaming your defender Andreas Ibertsberger for having messed up before Bayern Munich's second goal.

Rangnick: No. Looking for scapegoats isn't our thing. Actually, I was more upset after the 4-5 loss to Werder Bremen.

SPIEGEL: Why? Your team came back from being three down and played so brilliantly that even the Bremen fans cheered them on.

Rangnick: That was precisely why I was so furious -- because the guys were spellbound by it. I stormed into the locker room after the final whistle, but nobody else came in for 10 minutes. Then, the first guy came in with Diego's jersey, the second one with Naldo's and the third with Pizarro's. I yelled: "So, do you all have your trophies now?" Then I hurled three plastic bottles through the locker room and gave the players a stiff talking-to. In Munich, there was no reason to do that.

SPIEGEL: In the Allianz Arena, home to Bayern Munich, were you amazed yourself when you saw what your team could do?

Rangnick: Well, as a coach, I certainly can't remember witnessing a match that was so intense and fast-paced. At some point, I looked at my watch and thought to myself: "What? Just 10 minutes left? How can that be?" Everything went by so quickly that we even made a mistake on the bench.

SPIEGEL: What was that?

Rangnick: We were hoping to make another substitution at the beginning of stoppage time. But we didn't get the player to the sideline in time. So, we couldn't put him in the game when the score was 1-1, and it was our own goal kick. After that, the match wasn't interrupted again until the opposing team's second goal. The substitution would probably have prevented the Bavarians from making that decisive play.

SPIEGEL: In other words, it's still a learning process for you, as well?

Rangnick: Of course. We are a learning system, and that applies to everyone.

SPIEGEL: Is this team getting close to what you would consider the ideal team?

Rangnick: In many respects, yes. Not just in the way they play, but also in how they treat each other. But what does "ideal" mean in football, anyway? Football is never the present; it is always the future. We may be at the top of the league now, but by the time training starts in early January, the question on everyone's mind will be: What next?

SPIEGEL: How fragile is the success of the past few months?

Rangnick: The greatest risk is that we allow ourselves to get carried away by the euphoria. Besides, we cannot pretend like we don't get jealous or greedy. These are human traits, and that's why we have to be careful not to upset our salary structure by suddenly making quantum leaps.

SPIEGEL: But you just signed Timo Hildebrand, who has played goalkeeper for Germany's national team.

Rangnick: In one of our first conversations, he told us that he desperately wanted to be part of our team. Our response was: "Let's see if you still feel that way when we start talking numbers." If Timo had insisted on anything even close to the sums he was paid in Valencia or to what he was offered by two other clubs, we certainly would not have signed him.

SPIEGEL: Bayern Munich's general manager, Uli Hoeness, recently speculated openly that Hoffenheim patron Dietmar Hopp is probably reaching deeper into his pockets to pay his players than he wants the world to believe.

Rangnick: I can imagine why he's saying that.

SPIEGEL: Why?

Rangnick: When we agreed to extend Sejad Salihovic's contract in October, the Bavarians quickly made him a considerably better offer. Then Salihovic mulled over the offer, which is completely normal. But the impressive part was that, two days later, Salihovic called us back and said that he wanted to stand by his word and sign right away under the terms to which we had agreed before the Bavarians made their offer. So, it isn't surprising that this would prompt Hoeness to conclude that we really upped our offer. But we didn't.

SPIEGEL: Do you expect us to believe that?

Rangnick: We asked Salihovic: "How often do you think you'll really be playing for Bayern if you're competing for a spot against people with names like Ribéry, Schweinsteiger or Altintop?" The guy is only 24, and he'll never reach the peak of his abilities anywhere else as quickly as he will with us. He can still sign that extremely lucrative contract in a couple of years.

SPIEGEL: But top international clubs would presumably put players like Carlos Eduardo or Chinedu Obasi on the pitch right away.

Rangnick: Even those guys know that their development has a lot to do with what makes Hoffenheim unique: the calm, the composure and the way we work with them. This is exactly why they came to us. We made it clear to them that we could make them better and that, as a result, they would end up in the spotlight.

SPIEGEL: You already know that you're not going to be able to hang onto these players forever, don't you?

Rangnick: It's clear to us that, if we want to keep them, we're going to have to pay them a lot more money now. But that doesn't mean we're doubling their salaries. Many people say that money isn't a problem at Hoffenheim. But that isn't the real issue. The real issue is that it's inspiring for a player like Carlos Eduardo to realize that he is becoming more complete as a football player.

'Football Is Always the Future'

Part 2: 'Nothing Has Been Perfected"

SPIEGEL: Is it still the case at Hoffenheim that no player can earn more than the head coach?

Rangnick: That's only logical. But it isn't because I'm "the big cheese," as they say in Swabia. The person with the greatest responsibility should also make the most money. It's no different in big companies like Daimler, Siemens or SAP.

SPIEGEL: You never played at the professional level. Just last week, Andreas Müller, the general manager of Schalke, said: "Ralf seems, well, I wouldn't say schoolmasterly, but he isn't exactly a real footballer." Are you trying to stick it to the establishment with your Hoffenheim model?

Rangnick: No, not at all.

SPIEGEL: Do you feel like an outsider?

Rangnick: No. But I must be a pain for some of the big clubs that are drenched in history. At Schalke, for example, there was this but-we've-been-together-for-so-long attitude. Then I showed up and really shook things up. For me, it's very important that all my colleagues have just one goal in mind: to provide a service to the 25 professional players.

SPIEGEL: That should seem obvious.

Rangnick: But it isn't -- and partly because the idea of choosing the best person for the job doesn't always apply when the job assignments are being made. But as long as clubs keep putting clauses in the final professional contracts of the players that had earned it guaranteeing that they'll be coaching the B youth team or working as chief scouts once their playing careers are over, there will be no progress.

SPIEGEL: Uli Hoeness would say that that's Mr. Know-it-all speaking.

Rangnick: Sure, but he doesn't even know me.

SPIEGEL: But you do come across as a zealot sometimes.

Rangnick: I have shed some of my missionary characteristics. For instance, making a TV appearance like the one I gave 10 years ago on the "Current Sports Studio" program, when I explained how the "chain of four" works, is something that wouldn't happen again today. And I also don't want us to be the measure of all things. The Hoffenheim model would not be possible anywhere else. Two and a half years ago, we were looking at a blank page. First, we assembled a staff of advisers, using professional expertise as the main criterion; and then we built the team. This is unprecedented. Can you imagine someone showing up at a professional club and -- just like in a corporate takeover -- reassessing everyone and asking questions like: "Who is really good, and who is really in the right place?"

SPIEGEL: Are you a better coach today?

Rangnick: Yes. The first two and a half years were a constant learning process for me. I've had to lock horns with some very good people on a daily basis, and we really get down to brass tacks in these discussions. I doubt I would have ever offered such a thoroughly planned training program.

SPIEGEL: Are you in the process of reinventing football?

Rangnick: Of course not, but we are trying out a lot of things. We've gotten rid of some drills and kept some others, even though they seemed confusing at first. For example, there is one drill we call "bananas," which tries to teach players how to get the ball up front as quickly as possible. If we had introduced drills like "bananas" in a traditional club -- with 10 journalists watching over us during our practices -- the next day, we would have had to deal with headlines like: "Chaos during training! Now Rangnick has gone completely bananas!"

SPIEGEL: Can success be planned?

Rangnick: Not success, but performance. We see our young players as blue chips. They contribute speed, technical skills, good basic tactical training, a willingness to learn, determination and a special "weapon," depending on the position they play. The trick is to equip these highly qualified individual players with something strategic as well.

SPIEGEL: Ten years ago, you said that tactics is the only aspect of football that hasn't been perfected. Is this still true today?

Rangnick: It wasn't even true back then. Although I had looked at what was happening in some countries, I hadn't look at other types of sports. Nothing has been perfected yet, not even conditioning.

SPIEGEL: Could you ever imagine working anyplace else besides within your Hoffenheim biosphere?

Rangnick: You should never say never, but I am so happy with my job right now that it isn't something I think about at all. I'm on vacation now until the beginning of January. By the time Christmas is over, I'll probably be asking myself: "When do I get to see the guys again?"

SPIEGEL: Do you think your players feel the same way?

Rangnick: I have no idea. But they don't seem to be able to get enough of each other. Before our match against Schalke, I asked them all: "What will you guys being doing during the winter break?" It turned out that 10 of them will be flying to New York. That's something I have never experienced in professional football: They spend the entire year together, and then they go on a trip together for New Year's.

SPIEGEL: Mr. Rangnick, thank you for this interview.

Interview conducted by Christoph Biermann and Michael Wulzinger.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,598721,00.html

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #12 on: January 3, 2011, 05:59:21 am »
Klopp looks eerily like Jeffrey Dahmer
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 3, 2011, 06:04:18 am »

Honours:

Liverpool:
Football League First Division:
Winner: 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90,
Runner Up: 1986–87, 1988–89
FA Cup:
Winner: 1986, 1989
Runner-up: 1988
Football League Cup:
Runner-up: 1987
Charity Shield:
Winner: 1988, 1989
Shared: 1986, 1990

Blackburn Rovers:
FA Premier League:
Winner: 1994–1995
Runner-up: 1993–1994
Football League Second Division Play Off:
Winner: 1991–1992
Charity Shield:
Runner-up:1993-94, 1994–95

Newcastle United:
FA Cup
Runner-up:1998

Celtic:
Scottish Premier League:
Runner-up: 1999–00
Scottish League Cup:
Winner: 2000

All you need to know.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2011, 08:15:36 am »
Post articles and stuff here on 5 of the front runners for the LFC job, we all want to know more about them, theretheir philosophies, footballing methods and history.

:missus
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2011, 09:22:33 am »
Post articles and stuff here on 5 of the front runners for the LFC job, we all want to know more about them, there philosophies, footballing methods and history.
Who says they are the front runners? ::)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2011, 09:23:12 am »
Err, *cough*...

<<<<<<
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2011, 09:27:03 am »
Cheers for the articles and also L6 Red for the info on Kloop. It's heartening to know there are the right kind of managers out there, I don't know enough to have a preferred choice at this time but I agree with the general sentiment that the next appointment should be with a long term, rebuilding view in mind.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2011, 09:35:13 am »
C'mon Rossi, you've got to either put up or shut up.  Let's have the evidence for your preferred man
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2011, 09:52:04 am »
Here's mine on Ralfyboy.

http://www.level3football.com/royhendo/article/ralf_rangnick_would_you_back_him_as_the_next_liverpool_manager

Really enjoyed this, as well as the other Rangnick article in this thread. There's definitely something about him. I think he has balls for quitting over a player being sold without his knowledge, and I think so for the same reason I think Rafa had balls for his options 1, 2 and 3 comments to Moratti. If you believe it's the right course, you do it regardless of the potential downside. So many chancers managing in this country alone who who won't risk their cosy (but ultimately professionally irrelevant) relationships with other managers, let alone willing to risk their jobs for the sake of trying to improve their club.

Impressed by Klopp too and intend to spend more time reading up on the "Life Kinetik" stuff, it seems similar to thoughts I've had before about how much professional footballers would improve if their training involved things like certain forms of dance. If I was a professional footballer I'd want to learn anything I could that allowed me to keep balance or roll a defender more smartly.

I'd still love Rafa back but I also understand the need for a fresh start, and if so either of the above would be very interesting candidates. It's almost as though my criteria for the role of managing this club is "empire builder, total immersion, works outside of the norm". And y'know, the distance between insanity and genius...
« Last Edit: January 3, 2011, 10:02:06 am by Team Sleep »

royhendo

« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2011, 10:00:08 am »
I might do an article on Laudrup today with Rossi's blessing ;D

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #23 on: January 3, 2011, 10:00:48 am »

Personally, I would prefer Unai Emery as our permanent manager in the summer ... Not only because we did well appointing a manager from Valencia the last time, but also because I have a felling that he is the right man for the job ... I love the way that he has stabilized Valencia, and the way he is keeping them in the CL places, despite the fact they have sold their 2 star players in the summer ... Oh, and the fact the he is a headcase Basque certainly helps his case ...

The philosophy of Unai Emery

I spent time with Unai Emery recently to record an interview for Revista de la Liga on Sky Sports and the Valencia coach told me that his manic touchline persona is all part of a carefully-considered philosophy.

The 38-year-old has revived the club`s fortunes since suceeding Ronald Koeman two years ago, securing a return to the Champions League and - so far at least - absorbing the loss of star duo David Villa and David Silva.

If his side`s patient passing style has caught the eye, then Emery`s jack-in-the-box antics in his technical area are another unmistakable feature of Valencia games.

But the young coach, who made his name by guiding Lorca Deportivo and Almeria to first promotions, insisted that he is just trying to make sure his players never forget the demands he makes of them day-in day-out on the training pitch.

"Above all, I want to be close to my players," he said. "I don`t do it as an act or to bring attention to myself.

"I do it to be near the footballers - just like in training. During a match I`m watching over the game making sure the players are working hard and they`re in the positions we want them to be in.

"I want to be as close as I can so I can push them and encourage them, but always with a very positive message."

That message, according to Emery, is that no individual is bigger than the team and that good performances on match day do not happen by accident.

He said: "A footballer needs to understand he can`t just turn up in the morning and then go home - he has to improve and also to learn.

"We look for players who can become part of Valencia`s elite, who know how to compete both in training and in match situations; a player who knows he has to improve and understands he is part of a group.

"That`s the philosophy we are trying to ingrain."

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?id=508&titulo=The%20philosophy%20of%20Unai%20Emery
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

royhendo

« Reply #24 on: January 3, 2011, 10:02:32 am »
Roy Hodgson is also an advocate of choreographed movement btw. Life-Kinetik is all very well but the proof of the pudding is in the custard it makes you produce.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 3, 2011, 10:17:35 am »
I might do an article on Laudrup today with Rossi's blessing ;D
No blessing needed big man, could not be in safer hands*... :D

*demands editorial approval and signoff naturally

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 3, 2011, 10:19:10 am »
Roy Hodgson is also an advocate of choreographed movement btw. Life-Kinetik is all very well but the proof of the pudding is in the custard it makes you produce.
And as we know, Hodgson's is turgid, lumpy and stone cold.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #27 on: January 3, 2011, 10:19:44 am »
Impressed by Klopp too and intend to spend more time reading up on the "Life Kinetik" stuff, it seems similar to thoughts I've had before about how much professional footballers would improve if their training involved things like certain forms of dance. If I was a professional footballer I'd want to learn anything I could that allowed me to keep balance or roll a defender more smartly.

That's what I like about Klinsmann (not that I'd want him here). He wasn't afraid to take a different approach and try something new like appointing that field-hockey coach as an advisor or using different training-techniques. He probably went overboard with that when he was at Bayern and in truth it was way too early for him to be in charge at such a big club. I'd really love to see him work his way up with a smaller team and maybe a more experienced coach beside him. It's a shame it won't happen as he doesn't seem to be looking for something like that...

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 3, 2011, 10:23:36 am »
That's what I like about Klinsmann (not that I'd want him here). He wasn't afraid to take a different approach and try something new like appointing that field-hockey coach as an advisor or using different training-techniques. He probably went overboard with that when he was at Bayern and in truth it was way too early for him to be in charge at such a big club. I'd really love to see him work his way up with a smaller team and maybe a more experienced coach beside him. It's a shame it won't happen as he doesn't seem to be looking for something like that...
If only the Tumours had got their man eh?

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2011, 10:37:26 am »
If only the Tumours had got their man eh?

As I've said I don't want him at Liverpool and I didn't want him at that time. I just feel that he got too much stick when he was at Bayern, when people were wanking over him and his modern approach only a few years earlier when he was in charge of the national team. I like that he's not afraid to try something different, but at the same time, I think it's a shame that he doesn't seem to be interested in learning his trade with a small team first...

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 3, 2011, 10:48:18 am »
Really enjoyed reading that Roy. I'm going to catch up on other posts you have submitted in the next couple of days. So much research and analysis completed, that's what all writing should be about.

On the the Rangnick link, seems really promising. However the issue of preceding the manager 'model', has the opportunity of causing friction. My personal appointment would be Dalglish till the end of he season, provide the club to start providing a positive image. Recent years in house fighting and media portrayal has left the club with a negative vibe. People go the match now only being happy when they are unhappy, this could change in one appointment.
Once the summer comes Dalglish's experience of on field and off field activities should provide him with a role similar to Beckenbauer at Bayern. I'd favour the appointment of Villas Boas, Klopp or Guardiola. Villas Boas would be my favourite choice. Even contemplating radical change is positive news. NESV will have people around them, like Dalglish, leaving my comments a tenth of knowledge compared to others. Even though they are more thoughts I trust the choice. Witnessing what decision they make will be exciting.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 3, 2011, 10:50:30 am »
Once the summer comes Dalglish's experience of on field and off field activities should provide him with a role similar to Beckenbauer at Bayern.

Drinking Champagne at half-time and ripping apart the team and coach at every possible opportunity in his newspaper-column? ;)

royhendo

« Reply #32 on: January 3, 2011, 11:49:11 am »
No blessing needed big man, could not be in safer hands*... :D

*demands editorial approval and signoff naturally

Naturally :D

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 3, 2011, 12:03:49 pm »
Jurgen Klopp would be my first choice as well, got the recogmendation a few months ago from a few on here raving about him, since then I've kept a close eye on the fella and done a bit of research into his past e.t.c. IMO he is perfect for Liverpool, plays a fantastic pressing game, but at the same time the interchanges from the foreword players is excellent !

From interviews you get the feeling he wont bow down to player power as well which is a good think, he also embraces the Dortmund public & looks a man of the people, I'll post a few videos below for those who need an idea on what the man is like. Last thing is, his English is excellent by the way....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcsBXCIVk-o
Speaking about the Dortmund fans e.t.c. and how he wants to play the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfbB6kQcTM4
A match conference in where he tells the press straight about team selections e.t.c.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXyBRcyK4I4
Dortmunds derby with Schalke in which they dominated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVv6FsFIjls
Short shitty youtube complation about him.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #34 on: January 3, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »
I always thought Sacchi was known for boring football but that's where the bit about never passing backwards comes from.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2011, 12:28:51 pm »
Can't see Klopp leaving Dortmund any time soon. With this young team he (and Zorc) have created he has the chance to make Dortmund a force to be reckoned with again in Europe. The only way I see him leaving is if Dortmund sell some of their star players such as Sahin, Kagawa or Hummels against his will. But then again I don't see that happening either.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

royhendo

« Reply #36 on: January 3, 2011, 12:29:05 pm »
Go and have a look: http://rawk.impulsed.net/ :)

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2011, 12:46:14 pm »
Go and have a look: http://rawk.impulsed.net/ :)
Cheers for that mate.

Also thanks from other posters for them other videos on Klopp. Interesting viewing. Thanks again.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2011, 01:08:53 pm »
It was reported the other day on twitter (Karlsentk got it from 'very reliable sources') that we'd approached Klopp and he'd turned us down. So I don't know how likely that is.

He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off