Author Topic: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)  (Read 92266 times)

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
Re: Questions for John Henry and Thomas Werner (NESV)
« Reply #920 on: December 13, 2010, 08:05:19 pm »
Missed this because I was in college.Have it Sky Plus'd though but before I watch it, is there any point in me watching it?Or is it just all "John from Bootle wants to know what what your favourite pie is Mr.Henry?"
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Will7

• Main Stander
« Reply #921 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:15 pm »
Any uploads lads, dying to see this, can't afford to pay until the 24th, dont think me bird would be impressed with a Liverpoolfc.tv subscription for chrimbo.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:11:55 pm by Will7 »

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #922 on: December 13, 2010, 08:13:33 pm »
i would like to add my thanks to a very interesting evening of LFC tv,   John W Henry, Tom Werner and Ian Ayre did more in the 90 - 120 minutes they where on air tonight that  Stadler & Waldorf did in their 3 years.

i would like to also add that LFC tv acted like the stasi, the only thing that slipped the  'Schutzstaffel'   was Jeremys blag,  he escaped and apologised for the fact his original question to the agent on the line was totally different to his question in real time. 

Fcuking legendary,  he probably thru in the "  im from Bristol "  as further kidology,  who said the Irish are thick ??

one thing for sure ,  there are some fcukin whoppers for allegedly support or follow Liverpool FC,  Susan, from some inbred retarded back water of Ingerlund,  you took the biscuit

Offline Matts

• Kopite
« Reply #923 on: December 13, 2010, 08:14:29 pm »
it did mate, if memory serves, Henry said a few people in the frame, couple of very good candidates, he didn't give a time period though.

Which in all honesty i don't mind, at least he is keeping these things in house and not airing the dirty laundry.

Ta mate, I just would of thought they would of had a time frame in mind that's all. They do need someone to run the club on a day to day basis, so yeah they do need to get it right. Make sure it's someone who shares their vision, someone they can trust etc
Opinion, What most want to give, but what most don't want to hear

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: December 13, 2010, 08:19:44 pm »
Missed this because I was in college.Have it Sky Plus'd though but before I watch it, is there any point in me watching it?Or is it just all "John from Bootle wants to know what what your favourite pie is Mr.Henry?"
Definitely worth a watch, if only for Martin and Jeremy's calls, you might want to skip Susan and Darren's though.

Offline vanderpaart

• Anny Roader
« Reply #925 on: December 13, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »
What's this Susan done wrong lads?

Online kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: December 13, 2010, 08:32:42 pm »
Susan seemed like she couldnt get through to Cross Stitch TV so tried to get her fix through LFCTV.
@paulair

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: December 13, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »
Any chance of a script being typed? Or will the questions and answers be on the website?

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #928 on: December 13, 2010, 09:00:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure if Rafa had done the same thing you'd reacted exactly the same way.

And yeah, definitely one of the most embarrassing moments as a Liverpool supporter.

Dear god have you supported the club for two weeks or what?

Like I said, get some bloody perspective.

Rafa earned our respect and frankly I'll allow the man who brought us No.5 and nearly No.6 a wee face rub if he wants to. You get some bloody perspective.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #929 on: December 13, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/john-tom-and-ian-6-videos

You can watch it online there.

Part 1 and Part 3 are free at the moment for non subscribers... not sure if that was by mistake or intentional.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:08:41 pm by Mikuss »

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #930 on: December 13, 2010, 09:12:53 pm »
Any chance of a script being typed? Or will the questions and answers be on the website?

bit difficult i would have thought,  maybe a few days later it might transpire,   you need to get a VT link of the show,  they will no doubt show a re-run but it will deffo get edited

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #931 on: December 13, 2010, 09:18:48 pm »
It's stunning to think anyone in their position would field such our calls in relation to a manager, so they have to be commended on it whether they answered the points directly or not

I agree. Well done to the owners for fronting up when they knew what the main issue for most fans is.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: December 13, 2010, 09:23:44 pm »
Jeremy

Apologies to the lady that took my call but my real question was do the owners realise that I'm sure 80% of Liverpool supporters want Roy Hodgson to go? I've been a supporter for 33 years, never wanted a manager sacked before but i just think he's out of his depth.

All this thing about he inherited a bad team, it just isn't true. I just think he doesn't know what he is doing.

Interrupted by Matt who said it's simply too early in the process for them (owners) to make that sort of decision.

I understand it's very difficult for them and Roy's in a difficult position too, he was brought in, in a difficult situation but I just think it's very clear that he doesn't know what he's doing.

And he's not built to handle a big club, I'm sorry to kick on the guy but it's just very obvious. What bothers me most is the things that he says he's so negative. Before games he's building up the other team, he's talking about how he might get defeated.(Werner laughs) How difficult Newcastle are to play because they've got 50 thousand fans. Well actually I recall we beat them 5-1 I think.

I'm sorry to say it but I just don't think he's up to the job at all and I'm sure the management do realise that but I'd love to see something done about it.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #933 on: December 13, 2010, 09:24:06 pm »
  realjohnaldo  John Aldridge
A lotta negativety about roy out there also on lfc tv with the interview with the new owners i can understand it at the moment
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline annealicia

• Main Stander
« Reply #934 on: December 13, 2010, 09:26:19 pm »

LFC have now made the programme available for everyone to watch.  It has been split into 6 different videos.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/john-tom-and-ian-6-free-videos

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #935 on: December 13, 2010, 09:26:43 pm »

A Question and Answer Session with John W, Thomas and Ian
By Faith Fulcher on Dec 13, 10 08:38 PM in Fans

This evening John W Henry, Thomas Werner and Ian Ayre appeared on the new look LFC TV programme LFC Now. Supporters had made aware of this a week ago and had that time to prepare questions before either submitting them by phone, email, twitter or facebook.

It was a very cordial affair and both John W and Tom were jacket less whereas Ian wore his - different traditions I guess. The main question of course was about Roy and this was side stepped several times. Below is a transcript of the main answers - my note taking is not quick enough anymore to ensure that the questions were also noted and for that I apologise.

Tom started by saying how much he loved Liverpool, its people and the challenge of being chairman of such a great club.

John also said the same and he also wished everyone a happy holiday and he hoped that 2011 would be a better year. They were both impressed by the reception they had received from Liverpool supporters.

According to Tom the supporters own the club.

Tom said that they are willing to talk to the supporters because each side wants to know more about the other.,

Ian Ayre has said that everyone at the club can sense how the atmosphere has lifted since the arrival of the new owners. This he believes also applies to the City itself.

Claire in her news bulletin said that the players and the staff had a long meeting at Melwood today because of the disaster (my word) on Saturday.

THEY ARE AT THE MOMENT SAYING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS - JUST WHAT THE SUPPORTERS WANT TO HEAR.

When asked about the game, John said that it was a disappointing result and we must some good opportunities.

Ian Ayre - Bad results affect our sales and marketing
Tom expects a slow and steady progress until we get to where we need to be.

Then the question was asked Where do they stand with Roy Hodgson

Henry: when we got red sox they were not good to compete with other teams but we tried if there are right people managements CEO. This also includes the right people to choose players.

Tom then switches the question to the commercial side and talks about the strength of his commercial team. He then touched how to spend money wisely and baseball. He said that when they took over the Red Sox they invested enough so that in the end they went to toe to toe with the New York Yankees.

When asked again about Roy, John passed the question over to Tom, who immediately brought Rafa into play saying that we were poor on the road under him. They believe in Roy though and he needs to be given more time. They do realise though that the teams performance has to improve. A lot of people are already reading between the lines and believe that Roy may be a 'marked man'.

After a break the questions then turned to a new stadium.

Tom said that when they arrived at Fenway it was a dilapidated stadium but they choose to redevelop it due to its history. Likewise with Anfield, they do feel that there is a definite case for rebuilding but having had several meetings the decision is still to be made and of course the new stadium in Stanley Park is still part of this.

John, said the moment he saw and Anfield and the pitch, he fell in love (we all know that feeling ) with it. Anfield is he feels a cathedral. I think personally he believes in the re-build but there is of course the lack of space and residential area that needs to be considered.

Another caller comes on and reiterates yet again that Roy's CV is not good enough for Liverpool and that he cannot believe how the club overlooked Kenny Dalglish. This was overlooked and they immediately went on to talk about transfers in the January window.

They said that they were studying the situation but I get the impression there is very little intention of any funds being spent then. He does realise though that the lack of activity in the last couple of transfer windows was unacceptable.

Tom then said that they are prepared to take risk but risks that will improve the team in the long term.

John then said that he could not understand why the clubs supporters do not look at the long term situation. In the last few years there have been too many short term decisions and it is up to them to change it.

John and Tom went to the Former Players dinner last night and were impressed by how many of them told him that we had to be patient.

Tom then said that they have sat and watched a lot of matches from the past from the days of Bill Shankly

Tom indicated that he is determined to bring the glory days back - Ian then popped in with "We are Overdue a Trophy". He then said we want to the first league cup everywhere as Shankly said "if you are second you are nothing".

Ian Ayre then covered a question about the Stadium tour and how they have improved over the last couple of years. Would they be able to transfer this too a new stadium if built - he believes so but it would be a lot of work by him and his team.

THEN THEY ACTUALLY HAD A CALLER WHO BELIEVES IN ROY AND TOLD US ALL TO BE PATIENT.

Rory Smith then queries if the phones in Liverpool are working as all callers were from outside the area.

John Henry has said that they have had several meetings with Kenny and that they are looking for a longer more term and better role for me. They had dinner with Kenny and Marina and could only understand half of what he said.

Is there a five year business plan This is definitely being looked at. It is not acceptable where we are at the moment. We are definitely looking at being at the top of the table in 5 years time. That is the ultimate goal

Are they aware of the standard of sports journalism in this country. Could they fund a much more statisically driven sports journalism and commentry within the club set up.

They find working with statistics is a very useful tool. It will help to make better judgements.

They are amazed by the amount of press coverage that the club gets but even though some of it is bad it shows that the club is being supported. They did not mention any of the papers but said that some of the articles had been amusing so much so that they rang each other to check if the rumours were true.

They are looking at the season ticket situation. They are talking about re engaging with the people on the list so that they can ensure it up to date. They are also looking at other means to support the people on it, especially those that have been on it for years. They will also be planning more match days where they can offer free tickets to children but as we all know it is important that they can support their team.

Again the subject of Roy was touched on and this was the answer. play and results are unacceptable and everyone must take a responsibility including the manager

Quizzed about new players: They are under the impression that players definitely want to come to the club and will ensure they attract the right people

Another caller came on asking about Roy- Matt would not let the question go any further stating that it had been covered earlier. I think though if John did not know how we felt about Roy, he certainly does now.

Do they realise what they have to compete against to get Liverpool back to the top. which way are they going to go. Shocked at what they found in the due dilligence exercise. they do realise how big the situation is and do not believe that we the supporters understand the size of the wage bill.

They have certainly found that some of the players are grossly overpaid and are looking into what they can do to change the situation.

John and Tom have both reiterated that they will do everything they can to get us back to where we belong but we must be patient.

They are both in it for the long term and expect to see us where we belong in 3-5 years.

It was as I have said a very interesting 90 minutes, they had to leave then and Ian Ayre was left to answer general questions on his own for the last 30 minutes. Hopefully there will be more of them but I hope its suggested that they go in front of a live audience without the questions being vetted first. That would make it very interesting.

http://www.liverpoolbanter.co.uk/2010/12/a-question-and-answer-session.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LiverpoolBanter+%28Liverpool+Banter%29

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:40 pm »
Gizza job? I can do dat. Go'ead. Go'ead. I can lay bricks. I can do Roy's job. Go'ead. Go'ead. Gizza job?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #937 on: December 13, 2010, 09:29:56 pm »
From the Nesn site.

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner Gives Roy Hodgson Vote of Confidence, But Says Team ' Has to Improve'
by Nick Coman on Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:25PM   

Saturday's 3-1 defeat at embattled Newcastle was just another disappointment in a season that could be described as a never-ending litany of setbacks. Just as the team had shown signs of growth against Tottenham and Aston Villa, Liverpool proved that they had not moved past their shortcomings at St. James' Park.

On Monday, chairman Tom Werner phoned in to LFC TV to address the situation -- particularly as it pertains to Roy Hodgson and the transfer market.

"We just got here, Roy got here shortly before us. Nobody, least of all Roy, was happy with our performance last weekend," Werner said.

"We have to perform better, especially on the road. We believe in what Roy is doing and we certainly feel like the performance has to improve, and he'd be the first to say that."

January may provide the Hodgson the opportunity to improve the club, and Werner acknowledged that such is part of the plan.

"We're actively looking at it," he said. "We don't quite know what the situation's going to be in January. It's our first transfer window and it's something we've been studying day and night."

"There's no doubt the play that has gone on this season, and for the last half of last season, is unacceptable for Liverpool to accomplish what it wants to accomplish."

"We're in sync with the fans with regard to what it's going to take for this club going forward."

Werner also addressed Liverpool's need for stadium improvements.

"We certainly feel the need to do something," said Werner. "Our intention is to increase our revenue so we can put put the best possible squad together."

"We're hard at it, we've had a lot of meetings and we are moving forward with various options. It's too early to go in one direction or another in terms of whether or not to build a new stadium or refurbish Anfield, but we are making progress."

For now, Werner seems to be standing behind Hodgson, but he certainly did leave the door open for a change of heart -- particularly given his claim that he is "in sync" with the fans.

Fans have been particularly critical of Hodgson since he took over for Rafa Benitez earlier this year -- citing his negative tactics and low-impact acquisitions of Joe Cole and Christian Poulssen. If Hodgson is not able to improve the side relatively soon, Werner may be forced to choose between said fans and his inherited manager.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/liverpool-chairman-tom-werner-gives-roy-hodgson-vote-of-confidence-but-says-team-has-to-improve.html
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:31:35 pm by Trada »

Offline Greebo62

• Matchday Project Manager. Amazingly Available! Apply within, ladies.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #938 on: December 13, 2010, 09:33:01 pm »
Gizza job? I can do dat. Go'ead. Go'ead. I can lay bricks. I can do Roy's job. Go'ead. Go'ead. Gizza job?

Nice one FS... note my sig below...LOL
Believe...

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #939 on: December 13, 2010, 09:47:14 pm »
Brilliant thread, had me in stitches, have it Sky+ si will give it a watch later.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #940 on: December 13, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »
The time for change is NOW, I hope John and Thom have observed the Mancs going 2 clear at the top of the league with a game in hand (Blackpool), where at the same time we are going backwards, fast, another 6 months of this and it could be obscurity, ACT NOW.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

royhendo

« Reply #941 on: December 13, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »
Brilliant thread, had me in stitches, have it Sky+ si will give it a watch later.

Your question got asked ya massive tart's handbag ye. ;D

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:29 pm »
The time for change is NOW, I hope John and Thom have observed the Mancs going 2 clear at the top of the league with a game in hand (Blackpool), where at the same time we are going backwards, fast, another 6 months of this and it could be obscurity, ACT NOW.

How Utd are doing are not going to force their hand.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »

Unfortunately it doesn´t look that way mate. Werners statement depressed me to say the least.  I don´t expect him to slate Roy in public but if he really thinks what it looked to be than I am more than surprised that he is that clueless on football and seems to believe what a certain group of people, the same who mobbed Rafa away, tell him.

There´s no sign that it should be any different.

Looks like the bottom is about to be reached pretty soon. Us writting off a whole season and the mancs having a go for 19th. Sterling job, to all those responsible for that, especially considering that we finished 2nd only two seasons ago.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:05:32 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: December 13, 2010, 10:01:49 pm »
It's being repeated now.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #945 on: December 13, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »
Your question got asked ya massive tart's handbag ye. ;D
Yeah noticed that, was it the ceo one or the Messi one ?  ;D
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:17 pm »
Yeah noticed that, was it the ceo one or the Messi one ?  ;D

Guess we will find out on January 1st. ;)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: December 13, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »
How Utd are doing are not going to force their hand.

Obviously not but on the grand scale of things it is the same situation they were in at Boston, the fans having to sit back and watch the Yankies dominate globally, much like those shit houses down the East Lancs and how NESV quickly and rather effectively dismantled the mantra that the Yankees had built up by forwarding the Red Sox.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:50 pm »
Obviously not but on the grand scale of things it is the same situation they were in at Boston, the fans having to sit back and watch the Yankies dominate globally, much like those shit houses down the East Lancs and how NESV quickly and rather effectively dismantled the mantra that the Yankees had built up by forwarding the Red Sox.

Most of our players are not good enough, too soft and not up for the fight. So until fans understand this then we will never move forward. Instead you get we cant sell Lucas, Cant sell Babel, Cant sell Kuyt, Cant sell Skrtel, Cant sell Ngog etc.

Wholesale changes are needed and certainly a new manager.

This wont be a quick fix. It could take 3-5 years the new owners to rubber mark what they fully want.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:42:28 pm by Fordy »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: December 13, 2010, 10:22:29 pm »
Most of our players are not good enough, too soft and not up for the fight. So until fans understand this then we will never move forward. Instead you get we cant sell Lucas, Cant sell Babel, Cant sell Kuyt, Cant sell Strkel, Cant sell Ngog etc.

This wont be a quick fix. It could take 3-5 years the new owners to rubber mark what they fully want.

Totally agree mate, I just hope that with the phone-in and seeing how far behind we really are (not sure how we mangaed that in 2 years, other than G&H) in terms of footballing talent will begin to force their hands, first and formost we need a progressive forward thinking manager........

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: December 13, 2010, 10:26:08 pm »
One thing i can't understand is JR's issue with some of our wages, when on the whole they're lower than 3 or 4 teams in the league, and considering the amount he's just agreed to pay out to 2 baseball players to the tune of $300 million i found the comment strange, unless of course he had issues with some of the wages certain players are on that rarely feature?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: December 13, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »
One thing i can't understand is JR's issue with some of our wages, when on the whole they're lower than 3 or 4 teams in the league, and considering the amount he's just agreed to pay out to 2 baseball players to the tune of $300 million i found the comment strange, unless of course he had issues with some of the wages certain players are on that rarely feature?

Or near 100K a week new contracts for players that are in their 30's and showing signs of creaking and slowing down to a level not really up-to-par?

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: December 13, 2010, 10:32:22 pm »
Players like Cole, Konchesky, Gerrard, Carra, Poulsen, Kuyt. All on high wages, relatively long term deals and all very close too or over 30. Their resale value is very small compared to the amount of money they are being paid + only Gerrard and maybe Kuyt are good enough. Rest are average at best.

Online Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »
Totally agree mate, I just hope that with the phone-in and seeing how far behind we really are (not sure how we mangaed that in 2 years, other than G&H) in terms of footballing talent will begin to force their hands, first and formost we need a progressive forward thinking manager........

We fell behind cause of G & H not investing in the team, selling Alonso and other teams like Spurs, City, Sunderland etc getting better.

Thing is a lot of people think that cause we finished 2nd a few seasons that we have the players. Sorry but we dont. Things have changed and we stood still.

Apart from 4 or 5 players I wouldnt mind getting rid of the rest. We have some good youth players and if I was Roy I would consider playing some of them. I mean who Kelly isnt a 1st teamer by now is a joke in its own right.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »
Most of our players are not good enough, too soft and not up for the fight. So until fans understand this then we will never move forward. Instead you get we cant sell Lucas, Cant sell Babel, Cant sell Kuyt, Cant sell Strkel, Cant sell Ngog etc.

Can't sell Gerrard, can't sell Carra.......

Listen we can sell anyone we want, but it only makes sense to do so when you can bring in equal or better than already here. Roy has proven he can't sell, but can loan, all the while buying tosh.

We can all agree we needed a few extra players to finish the side after 2008/09. We didn't get them due to mismanagement of transfer funds by the owners. Since then we have sold and failed to replace with similar quality due to lack of funds and a proper Ceo.

Now we are at a junction, we have some money. Can we trust it with Roy? or do we keep it for a longer term ideal, with Camolli and a new manager and Ceo working together.

I hope we aren't far off the latter. once that happens we can look forward with some hope of getting the fans base back somewhat untied.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:37 pm »
J Cole?

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #956 on: December 13, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »
They find working with statistics is a very useful tool. It will help to make better judgements.

Well I hope they know how to read a league table, especially that bit marked 'away', that's the only statistic that matters. If we had won just 2 of those away defeats, say, Stoke and Newcastle, and had won the Blackpool home game we'd be sitting 2 points off Chelsea. Add to that the points we dropped at United and Spurs we'd be at least level or clear in 4th spot.

But we're not. We're stuck in mid table mediocrity, in a season when the title race has never been more open. Without wishing to open up another debate about him, I'm in no doubt that with this squad and Rafa in charge we would be as near as damn it top of league, or at least pushing for it. The alarming lack of foresight from the previous regime landed us with Hodgson, perhaps that was the final laugh from Stadler and Warldorf, undoing 6 years of good work because of one dodgy season, knowing that the new manager would lead us down the path to oblivion when the previous could have led the club through the dark days and into the promised land of No. 19.

If John Henry and Thomas Werner really are stats men, they should compare the track record of Hodgson to that of Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez, heck, throw Redknapp in there too - he took Spurs from being a joke into the Champions League within a season and a half. Hodgson will end up taking us to the bottom half of the table, where we'll stay for a very, very long time...

If they really want to listen to the fans, they let their actions speak louder than any words they could reply with. Hodgson has to go, and go now. Nice guy he may be, but he's not the right man for the job. If they want to be winning the league within 5 years, by that time we'll have a manager beyond the national retirement age. Not exactly what I would call 'building for the future'....

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: December 13, 2010, 10:37:43 pm »
So, to sum up,No investment in players during the January window. We were poor under Rafa and they believe in Roy. Hmmm...

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: December 13, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »
By the way there is a contradiction here,

Did anyone ask them, HOW are they going to increase revenue(their first objective according to them) in order to get the players we need? Because with Roy they/we have no luck. Someone should explain to them, what is the Champions League, how important it is in terms of revenue in terms of attracting quality players and how far we are from Champions League with Roy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:44:56 pm by Franky »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2010, 10:41:50 pm »
Or near 100K a week new contracts for players that are in their 30's and showing signs of creaking and slowing down to a level not really up-to-par?

Look at our "rivals" squads and it's the exact same. I think we could struggle to hang onto players if we're not going to pay them what other players at their age and level are on.

One things for sure, there's no flies on our Carra. ;D