Author Topic: Tevez tired of Football.  (Read 20260 times)

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
Tevez tired of Football.
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:42:54 am »
Tevez thinking of quitting football

November 26, 2010

Carlos Tevez says he will only continue his career in Europe for "three or four years" as he has grown tired of the money swamping professional football.

Carlos Tevez has often expressed his dissatisfaction during his time at Manchester City

Tevez often cuts an unhappy figure and 12 months ago said he would consider retiring from professional football if Argentina won the World Cup finals as he wanted to spend more time with his family.

He returned from South Africa to captain Manchester City this season but it appears that football's financial focus, and a lack of respect from young players emerging from the ranks, has once again led the striker to ponder his future in the game.

"I don't want to play anymore," Tevez told TyC Sports. "I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play anymore, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers ... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money. The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today."

sauce: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=846343&sec=england&cc=4716

----

Make of it what you will  :-\

Apologies if posted earlier.

"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: Tevez tired of Football.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:44:36 am »
yea your life is so hard. ya ugly twat.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 06:46:51 am »
He wants to read God's latest interview for a little perspective of what it means to Love the game.

But I think he is right - the 'love of the game' is disappearing fast (has been for a while) and it is nice to hear some players come out and say these things.

However, it's easy to say money is killing the game when you are already a multi-millionaire and you're on over 150k a week!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 07:13:41 am »
So he'll earn 150K+ for another 4 years, making him 30, then he'll retire? So fuckin what fuck off you ugly c*nt.

Offline TheoRacle

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 07:38:17 am »
I'd have him at Liverpool for those 3-4 years.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 07:39:34 am »
So, it's that time of the year again when Tevez is talking about calling it a day. Nice hearing from you, lad. Til next year... :wave

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:32 am »
I presume this lad plays for the minimum wage then?
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:37:08 am »
Nothing wrong in what he says.  If you cast a philosophical eye over what's going on, and surrounded by this morons, you would feel the same.  But of course, don't let a little but of perspective cloud your judgement eh lads?

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:53:25 am »
I presume this lad plays for the minimum wage then?

"I'm so disgusted by all the money in football I only have the stomach to be paid £150k a week for a few more years before I'll have to make a stand and give it up". Now that's martyrdom for ya.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 08:56:11 am »
So, it's that time of the year again when Tevez is talking about calling it a day. Nice hearing from you, lad. Til next year... :wave
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 08:59:28 am »
great player 1 of the best...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 09:10:40 am »
Nothing wrong in what he says.  If you cast a philosophical eye over what's going on, and surrounded by this morons, you would feel the same.  But of course, don't let a little but of perspective cloud your judgement eh lads?

I'd say it's Tevez's lack of judgement that has riled a few up.  Here's a player that is on an obscene wage, playing for one of the most obscene clubs in world football, a club he chose to join, yet he's complaining that there's too much money in the game.  It beggars belief in my opinion.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 09:12:06 am »
Kind of good to hear a footballer saying that. We all know that 90% plus of all players are just in it for the money these days. Rooney didn't want to leave Yernited because they have a lack of ambition, what a load of bollocks. It was because Yaya Toure is getting over 200,000 a week and he wanted the same. Once he was offered it, he suddenly refound his love of the Mancs.
When the younger Ferdinand got robbed a year or two ago, he lost a watch worth tens of thousands of pounds yet he's achieved nothing but mediocrity, yet he's a multi millionaire.
Money's destroyed football, its what allowed the likes of Hicks and Gillette, the Glaziers to walk into our country and start raping our national institutions with barely a murmur from the British press and as for the F.A and premier league, they offered open arms to them. Still would if they turned up tomorrow.   
So maybe it's easy for Tevez to criticize the money money money culture in football but at least he's a world class player who deserves what he's earned, not some mid table never ever going to achieve fuck all in football apart from become rich out of it.
(Might be written out of Jealousy)
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 09:13:10 am »
You can see where he is coming from but I'm sure he doesn't mind seeing all of his money go to the bank!

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:31 am »
Well, i'd hope with words like that he's giving a fair chunk of his to charities or something
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 09:55:45 am »
It's been almost a month since an 'I'm so hard done by. I hate football' quote from Carlos Tevez.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:53:10 am »
He says this fairly regularly and has done for the past few years. If you want to quit then just quit you stupid twat.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 11:00:58 am »
Waa-Waa why dont you give 90% of your wages to poor people in your country then.Then your money does some good

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 11:08:27 am »
Fucking cretin.

I presume he's had a sneaky look at Yaya Toure's wageslip and realised that the guy is on more money than he is, got all pissy about it, and is now going to pretend that there's something wrong with football until someone offers him more money to make him happy.

Oh, and saying that young players today have no education when you've been in this country for 4 years and can't speak a word of English, or bothered trying to, is pretty stupid, isn't it?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 11:16:34 am »
hilariously hypocritical article

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 11:17:01 am »
Tevez is just a simple man, he doesn't care about English or England or football. He's just doing his time and then he'll probably go back to Argentina to live a farm or something. To be fair it's not his fault he earns this much, like any of you would turn down the money. It's a fact, footballers earn a lot of money, can we just stop moaning about it please. Who cares about Tevez anyway, I mean I would love it if he spent his last 3-4 years at Liverpool, but oh well.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 11:23:15 am »
I despise this thick c*nt immensely.

A mercenary complaining about money - hilarious.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 11:23:49 am »
Sounds like hes fell out of love with the game and is just playing to secure his familys future , to be fair theres alot of reasons to fall out of love with footy at the min .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 11:26:31 am »
Sounds like hes fell out of love with the game and is just playing to secure his familys future , to be fair theres alot of reasons to fall out of love with footy at the min .

He has been saying this for ages though. I mean fair enough if he means it and if he said it once or twice, then ok he is just expressing his state of mind. But he doesn't need to broadcast it and moan about it constantly. It makes him sound ungrateful for the talent and the privileged position he finds himself in.

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 11:29:15 am »
Whooooooo Caaaaaares?
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:34 am »
;D
He loves it really, fucking loves it.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 11:31:02 am »
Leaves Man U for City then complains that people dont want titles they want money. You really couldnt make it up

Fuck Off Kreuger
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 11:35:31 am »
I wouldn't exactly call Tevez a mercenary. He loved his time at United because he was winning trophies and was loved by the fans. Then his contract expired and Ferguson wouldn't/couldn't renew it. There was literally no other offer on the table than Manchester City who probably matched his contract at United. I'd wager a fair amount that the vast majority of his wages are sent back to his family in Argentina, but I could be wrong and there is also little doubt he lives in a massive house with ridiculously priced cars parked on the drive-way.

But then again, it's good that somebody as high profile as him has come out and said it. The shit has to hit the fan at some point.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 11:43:44 am »
I'd say it's Tevez's lack of judgement that has riled a few up.  Here's a player that is on an obscene wage, playing for one of the most obscene clubs in world football, a club he chose to join, yet he's complaining that there's too much money in the game.  It beggars belief in my opinion.

The only way I see it

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 11:53:46 am »
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Footballers really do live in their own world now. They have absolutely no connection to the fans at all.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 12:05:37 pm »
If he didn't say it every so often it might sound more genuine.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2010, 12:16:13 pm »
I wouldn't exactly call Tevez a mercenary. He loved his time at United because he was winning trophies and was loved by the fans. Then his contract expired and Ferguson wouldn't/couldn't renew it. There was literally no other offer on the table than Manchester City who probably matched his contract at United. I'd wager a fair amount that the vast majority of his wages are sent back to his family in Argentina, but I could be wrong and there is also little doubt he lives in a massive house with ridiculously priced cars parked on the drive-way.

But then again, it's good that somebody as high profile as him has come out and said it. The shit has to hit the fan at some point.

Completely agree with the first part. The second part doesn't fit though, because this sort of statement of affairs can't possibly be taken seriously coming from someone on around £130,000 a week.

It would be like me, going out with Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, and Megan Fox, all at the same time, and then saying "I fucking hate shagging" or "birds do me head in".
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Grobbelaar

• Anny Roader
  • Rafa is Boss
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2010, 12:42:06 pm »
Getting old, he's saying it all the time, just quit if you're fed up with it

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:11 pm »
I bet hell do what his mate javier did, and try to leave man city this year if they dont win or get top 4, to go to a latin country. As at the moment he isnt living with his family coz they cant settle here.

Offline FernandoTorrestieri

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »
Wow.

Why don't you guys actually read the article before commenting on it? I understand that by the journalistic/ethical standard of this board, the thread topic has been heavily weighted against Tevez, but seriously, read the damn article and listen to what the guy has to say. The people have no right to complain about rubbish journalism when the posters themselves judge articles based on personalities whenever there is attempted meaningful discourse.

What Tevez is saying is that football players must have a commitment to winning. That's it. And some of the younger players around him play/act like they've already won something because they're rich. He doesn't deny that he's on quit a big paycheck. In fact, his planned retirement at 30 acknowledges that he's only doing this until he has a comfortable amount of money for his children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren or whatever. But this article actually makes me like him more--shows that he's still in it to do everything it takes to win, unlike others.

It's easy to get lost on ideals like 'love for the game' when you live in a developed country, and when there is an established middle class in society, but remember where the lad is from. There is the same mentality in my country with nurses. They work in other countries because they can pay better and they need the help. Just because they do that doesn't mean they're mercenaries who do not love what they do, but there does come a point where they can afford to come back home for less pay and settle down with family and a society they are used to.

And no matter how much we talk about 'love for the game', we are still quick to criticise Mascherano for playing in the Olympics. This is, perhaps, one of the things I love and hate about Liverpool fans at the same time: we love the game when it is convenient--meaning, only when it underlines our love for the club.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »
I bet hell do what his mate javier did, and try to leave man city this year if they dont win or get top 4, to go to a latin country. As at the moment he isnt living with his family coz they cant settle here.

Didn't know he didn't live with his family.

Argies really do hate the UK don't they!
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »
Please stop nagging about football and how you wanna quit, just do it. Quit for fuck's sake so i don't need to read about you hating the game and all the money you make from it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:05:58 pm by Agger »
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 01:09:59 pm »
Didn't know he didn't live with his family.

Argies really do hate the UK don't they!

Yeah i heard he makes visits to argentina every few weeks to see them, so i guess its part of the reason he keeps moaning to the press.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 01:14:01 pm »
Carlos Tevez is a great footballer and a moaning twat. My heart bleeds for him.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:55 pm »
He wants to quit every other week. Fucking quit then, oh no you dont want to stop getting 150k a week you twat.