Author Topic: Welcome NESV  (Read 16987 times)

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Welcome NESV
« on: October 15, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »
Put all yer messages in here and i'll tweet the link to Mr Henry in a few days!

First of all I want to say, THANKYOU. A massive thankyou for saving our club from oblivion, i hope that you can run us as a financially sound club, and don't break promises made to the fans.

Not after record club signings or anything like that, just that we can compete, and that we don't need to sell to buy.

Welcome John et al.

You'll Never Walk Alone.
 :wave
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Welcome NESV
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »
You saw what we did to the last owners best tread carefully ;)

Oh and welcome to Anfield.

:P

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 05:54:53 pm »
Welcome John. You'll appreciate that we've had our fingers burnt previously so are a little guarded regarding new owners. However, you have a great track record so I'm hopeful.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »
welcome John and NESV. euphoric that the old regime ends today, they were horific owners.
we welcome you as new owners, with great optimism and pride. we hope to that as new owners, you learn from the mistakes of the past, listen to the supporters & SOS and continue to build on this amazing dynasty.

im looking forward to exciting times

ynwa

Offline Tomrock

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Hobophobic
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 05:55:51 pm »
Thank you for not backing down agianst H+G. I have no doubt you will respect our traditions and values, in return you will get respect from us to. We look forward to a biright future! Thank you again!
We are the noise they could not deal with

Offline red68

• Main Stander
  • We had dreams and songs to sing FOAR
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 05:56:07 pm »
welcome m henry and nesv.. i hope that this partnership is going to be a long and successful one.. please believe in the traditions and what we have stood for all tis time. welcome

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 05:56:43 pm »
Welcome John i hope this will be some exciting time for both.

Make us dream again

YNWA
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 05:57:31 pm »
Welcome :D I must admit when I heard the takeover was completed;

Offline jc1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »
Posted these lyrics a few days ago again but sum up exactly how we should all be feeling

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

From the fabulous "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »
Dear John,

A sincere welcome to you and your colleagues.

Welcome to Anfield

Respect our traditions, as you have seen we are a force to be reckoned with.

Our legendary manager Bill Shankly once said....

"I remember seeing an American gangster film, and one of the characters said, 'Foist is foist and second is nut'n.' Then he took his gun and shot a bloke. Not many can be first in football."

We hope you can help us restore the Liverpool Way which was so cruelly beaten down and damaged by the Hicks & Gillett regime.

We will support you as long as you do not renege on your promises.

Shanks .... "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques, not to make them out. We'll do that - they just sign them."

We look forward to welcoming you to Anfield in person.

YNWA
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:03:28 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »
Thank you Mr. Henry, for ending what has been an absolute nightmare for the past 2 years.

Thank you for bringing credibility and respectability back to our club.

Thank you for giving us new hope even without making promises about players or stadiums.

Most of all, Thank You for giving us our Joy back, our Football back.

We pledge to you, that if you do all that you can to bring success back to LFC, You Will Never Walk Alone.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 06:02:35 pm »
Welcome guys. We don't want miracles, we'll leave that to those on the pitch thanks. Just support the club financially and with good intentions. Look into redeveloping Anfield and the new stadium, pick the one that puts us in good stead and is suitable for our heritage, make sure you don't treat us like idiots and you'll have your name revered all over the world.

Oh and bring back Rafa. :wave
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 06:16:37 pm »
Welcome NESV!

Thankyou for acting with dignity, especially in the faces of those cretinous, odious people who act on behalf of Sky Sports News. The way you calmly told them that you "feel sorry for them for being out in the cold" was fantastic.

As you can see from the way we have acted in regards to the previous owners, we do not appreciate being lied to. We do not want marquee signings; we do not want thoughtless gestures, and we do not want a spade in the ground within 60 days. We simply ask that you do not lie. We simply ask that you respect that we are a different breed of football club. We simply ask that you care.

Of course we want to win everything. We want to win every game. But I think we can all agree that what we want right now is a stable, well run football club. We are not unreasonable: you shall be given time, and more importantly, the support that you need, so long as lavish promises are not made - we have had our fingers burnt in the past.

From a personal point of view, I would like to thank the way you have welcomed fan representation at board, and hope that this can be the start of a "beautiful friendship", as Hollywood continues to promote.

Personally? I want Rafa back. He helped us realise what cancers the previous owners were. Without him, you may not have even bought this great club. We owe him more than we know - it was with deep sadness that I saw Roy Hodgson being asked what he thought of you buying our club - Rafa should have fielded that question. As our manager.

Welcome, NESV. You'll Never Walk Alone (unless you fuck us over).
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline JEFF5497

• Kemlynite
  • SUAREZ IS NOT A RACIST
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »
Welcome to our club John, Thank you for sticking by us over the last few days, and I sincerely hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship. With you as a trusted custodian we will give you all the support you need. let us get back to were we belong...... at the top. Long live the Red Sox Nation.

Online Socrates7

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »
Bring back Rafa.... He is our Theo Epstein!
Dalglish: "If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them."

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 06:22:01 pm »
Welcome NESV!

Show us that 'Yanks' can be good and honest business owners. You hold the most special 'soccer' club in the World in your hands, do us right and we will do you right.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »
Just a massive Thank You. Many other candidates would have walked away from the club with all the events over the past few days. We are Liverpool, we are here to stay, and we are here to win. Showed a real fight this past week and for that we should all be grateful.

P.S Rafael Benitez.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 06:24:37 pm »
I can't believe some of the arse kissing etc that's gone on the last few days , Broughton, Purslow & now Henry.

As a Phil M said above remember Shankly's holy trinity, these people are businessmen, not Football men. He's here to make a profit, lets hope he's runs us prudently & earns our respect over the coming years because it's going to take a lot of hard work from him & we need to be on our toes at every turn. If you've not joined the Union, do it now because SOS & other Reds have saved our club as much as any of these businessmen & we (the union) might have to do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon today but as ever - cautiously optimistic.

Liverpool Football Club - YNWA.

Offline Maximiliano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 06:25:31 pm »
Please don't lie to us.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 06:27:13 pm »
Welcome to the wonderful family that is Liverpool FC, Mr. Henry and the rest of NESV.

The most important thing is thank you for restoring my optimism. As a normally optimistic person the events of the last 3 years under our previous owners had drained that positivity from me. Now it's rapidly coming back.

We, like yourselves are passionate about winning and that is what we want to get back to. However, we're realistic, we know there's work to be done and it will take some time, but run us correctly and that will almost certainly come. We're a club with huge potential, as you know, and it won't take a lot to get us to the top. Just owners who are as passionate about winning as us and run us as a real football club.

Oh, and bring Rafa Benitez back ;)

Welcome guys, let's hope that in the words of our iconic anthem that this is the "Golden Sky" that comes at "The End of the Storm". If it is, "You'll Never Walk Alone".
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Our No.9 never dives

• Anny Roader
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 06:28:39 pm »
"Welcome to the family"  in Godfather style

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 06:29:02 pm »
Welcome.

Don't fuck up.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »
Welcome Mr. Henry. Congratulations on your acquisition. Thanks for hanging in there and not being out off by the 2 cancers who were trying to bury this wonderful institution that is LFC.

I wish you every success and if I had 1 piece of advice I could give you it would be this - Bring Rafa home at the earliest opportunity!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 06:30:13 pm »
Mr Henry and the "squad" of NESV Investors,

Welcome to the greatest sporting club in the world. You have bought yourself an outstanding, historic gem of a club, and with a bit of "spit and polish" you can help to make us great again.

No doubt you will be listening to a lot of the fans and other people associated with this football club, and I urge you to immerse yourself in our proud history and traditions - I can guarantee you will get hooked just like the millions and millions of fans Liverpool FC have worldwide.

Take care of the club and its fans and we will take care of you - as they say here at Liverpool, You'll Never Walk Alone!

PS - Bring back Rafa, he was born to manage this club and with an honourable, sensible and patient owner who shares his winning mentality, it really can be the match made in heaven.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 06:33:28 pm »
Statement of intent, Aguero in January!!!!!

:o

Nah, but seriously.  Just take your slice off the top and leave us with 20 mil or so per window and you won't get much fuss from the fans.  It doesn't take a lot to keep us happy, but don't dare think we can be taken advantage of.  Put the health of the club as your topmost priority and the money will come your way eventually...NESV need to show what Hicks and Gilette always lacked...patience, wisdom and self control.

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:06 pm »
Thank you for staying the course against Hicks.

Now, please get rid of the old duffer Hodgson as soon as you can. And when he's ready to come back, give Rafa Benitez every last little thing he asks for. Properly backed, he can make this club the Champions of England and Europe again. He can build a fresh Liverpool dynasty. Just so long as you stop Hodgson's One Man Demolition Army stat.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 06:35:32 pm »
Fucking get in! Can anyone explain to me how exactly Hicks was ousted today? Just been back from football so have no idea what's been going on.

Absolutely great day, one we've been waiting for for more than 2 years. Well done to the fans, the board, to everyone.

Welcome NESV, like the way they've gone about it so far, let's hope we get what we wanted with them instead of the other two twats

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

but please take care of our club!!
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 06:36:10 pm »
Looking forward to your plans for the club...the first of which will hopefully be a young, progressive, world class manager.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »
A cautious welcome to Mr Henry and the other NESV investors, here's hoping you run the club in a similar fashion to the Red Sox, and listen to the fans here. No need to make outrageous promises, just give to the club, and this club, and the city will give back.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 06:36:42 pm »
Thank you for staying the course against Hicks.

Now, please get rid of the old duffer Hodgson as soon as you can. And when he's ready to come back, give Rafa Benitez every last little thing he asks for. Properly backed, he can make this club the Champions of England and Europe again. He can build a fresh Liverpool dynasty. Just so long as you stop Hodgson's One Man Demolition Army stat.

x2
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 06:38:10 pm »
John

HANDLE WITH CARE

Thanks

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »
Welcome. We will be the most loyal fans you have ever know, or a potential nightmare. Treat us well and that respect will be returned 10 fold.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline New Jersey Red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:00 pm »
Not much of a Welcome NESV from me, since I've been a Red Sox fan since The Impossible Dream year of 1967.  I'll leave it at Seems Like Old Times. (Or as we're fond of saying after a Red Sox victory, be it on the pitch or behind the scenes:  Watah!!)

However, to anyone who wants to learn more about the group who just purchased your beloved team, I'd respectfully suggest you locate a copy of the book:  "Feeding the Monster: How Money, Smarts, and Nerve Took a Team to the Top"  by Seth Mnookin.  You'll see that Mr. Henry's actions of the past week or so fall right in line with how his group has conducted business for the past 7+ years as owners of the Boston Red Sox.

Offline lilluisg

• Main Stander
  • He drinks sangria and sambuca and jaeger and cider
    • twitter
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »
A hearty welcome to you John and the rest of the NESV team.

All we ask is you treat us fans with the respect we deserve and do your best to restore the Liverpool Way, which was destroyed by the previous regime.

On the feild all we need is wise investment not pots of cash like other teams. We know you will look fairly at both redevelopment of Anfield and the prospect of a new stadium in Stanley park and we look forward to finding out your thoughts.

At the end of the day if you are honest and don't break promises or outright lie to us, you will always be welcome on merseyside, well the red half anyway.

Build us a bright future John and You'll Never Walk Alone.

And just one last thing john, please remove Mr Hodgson asap please, he is completely out of his depth!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:45:44 pm by lilluisg »
Mamadou Sakho...

Poppadoo krosswordpuzzle

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:55 pm »
Most welcome to our club Mr Henry, Mr Werner and everybody else a part of the NESV group.

I am very glad to have you here and I hope we can work well together for many years to come.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 06:40:36 pm »
Put all yer messages in here and i'll tweet the link to Mr Henry in a few days!

Don't forget to send our greetings to Mrs. Henry ... She gave birth to a baby girl 3-4 weeks ago ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 06:41:16 pm »
Thank you for all the work you have done until now. Please, please don´t go down the same path as the former owners, although, from what I have seen and read of you, I am optimistic that you understand what Liverpool Football Club and it´s supporters are about. Here´s to a happy and successful future. YNWA!
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:14 pm »
Thanks for your efforts in becoming stewards of our great club, and please try and learn from the mistakes of the last lot!

Oh and if there's ever a managerial vacancy in future, when Roy retires like, you'd do worse than bringing that Rafa feller back.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline spp

• Kemlynite
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:23 pm »
Thank You John Henry
In your honour enjoy Bruce Springsteen's version of "John Henry"
The original American Folk Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHLWmgi7WY

PS Actions speak louder than words
 :scarf