Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 110319 times)

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1640 on: January 9, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »
Think all lfc players will get banned from Twitter at this rate.

Well in though Ryan :D
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legend
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #1641 on: January 9, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
Tell the FA to prove Webb's not a cheat

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1642 on: January 9, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Of course the FA are investigating him, this isn't a case of bias against Liverpool, or corruption of Webb.  Babel questioned the integrity of a referee, you simply can't do that as a player, it's bitter, and it brings the game into disrepute. 

Webb brings the game in disrepute when he awarded a penalty to a blatant dive and an undeserved red card....Babel only displayed his reaction towards a bent ref on his twitter account, not bringing the game into disrepute.  You are getting confused with the facts 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legend
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #1643 on: January 9, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
Awesome seeing a pic of Howard Webb in a manc shirt all over the main page of the football section of the Guardian

Great work Ryan

Paul Dalglish mentioned aswell

Superb
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legend
« Reply #1644 on: January 9, 2011, 07:45:05 PM »
He's a Manc mate, look at his previous posts.

But yeah you're right, just paranoia, of course, how could a ref be bent? In this day and age? Even if he isn't bent, he is a shit ref, because he gets most of the big decisions wrong.

Fair enough he's shit, and that pen was a shocking decision especially given that the linesman hadn't flagged it and was in a much better position. But there was fuck all wrong with the red card call. So if he's shit, he's shit but this bribe thing is fucking embarrassing. 'Clearly taking a bribe' me arse.

Offline ExcellentBulletproofVest

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1645 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
He could have awarded more penalties? He can't make it obvious that he's cheating- and what's the point of making it too obvious when the team you require to win are already 1-0 up and have a man advantage? As for Vidic being sent off at Anfield, he should have been sent off far earlier in the game for a 2nd yellow card. He's not an honest referee, he's clearly taking bribes, and when this all blows up and comes out in the media, as it did in Italy, there's going to be a few managers getting sent down.

Er...he doesn't want to make it obvious?  According to you it is already evident that he is 'clearly taking bribes', so it must already be obvious.  If it's not obvious and clear, then what the fuck are you doing saying that he is corrupt?  You're vilifying because he's made some decisions which you disagree with and you're upset that you lost against Manchester United.    As for the Vidic red card at Anfield, I agree he should have gone earlier (he nearly killed Agger to get his first yellow card) but if Webb is only interested in helping United, surely he wouldn't have sent him off?  What's more, he would have given United a penalty, or made sure the game swung their way.  If a referee wants a particular team to win, he can make sure they do.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legend
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #1646 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
the lad is crap with his back to goal, well not crap but his touch can be a bit heskey-like at times, but play the ball in behind and he's dangerous. notice how ferguson immediately brought on smalling to deal with his pace. He's a massive threat and our quickest player by a mile.

Will play a big part for our run in as he offers something different. Kenny loves his fast inside forwards too.

His twitter is always funny, and it shows he cares. Time to shine

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legend
« Reply #1647 on: January 9, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
Webb brings the game in disrepute when he awarded a penalty to a blatant dive and an undeserved red card....Babel only displayed his reaction towards a bent ref on his twitter account, not bringing the game into disrepute.  You are getting confused with the facts 

A fully deserved red card you mean. Two feet, off the ground, studs up and he played the man not the ball. That's a red card nothing else. If people are going to hammer Webb over the penalty at least maintain a bit of integrity over the other decision.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #1648 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »
Fair enough he's shit, and that pen was a shocking decision especially given that the linesman hadn't flagged it and was in a much better position. But there was fuck all wrong with the red card call. So if he's shit, he's shit but this bribe thing is fucking embarrassing. 'Clearly taking a bribe' me arse.

As I said mate, you don't know if he is taking a bribe.

I seriously doubt it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
  • YNWA
« Reply #1649 on: January 9, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
Good on Ryan, anyone who says he doesnt give a shit about the club couldnt be more wrong, he often speaks of his respect and love for both the city and the club, he's been putting in 'a shift' that so many people are desperate for a long time now. Hopefully under Kenny he'll get a run in the team, to finally one way or another prove that he's worth our time or not.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legend
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1650 on: January 9, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »
should have held your ground ryan.
if the FA ask you questions just give them a dvd of all the disraceful decisions webb has made in favor of the mancs over the years.

Offline Notayesman

• Legend
« Reply #1651 on: January 9, 2011, 07:52:37 PM »
As I said mate, you don't know if he is taking a bribe.

I seriously doubt it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

You're right. Lets just assume he is because he got one decision wrong and one right. Yep, that makes perfect sense. I presume that approached can be applied to any ref that gives a decision against us then? That'll be handy.

PS - there is such a thing as 'innocent till proven guilty', or do we not bother with that.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #1652 on: January 9, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
You're right. Lets just assume he is because he got one decision wrong and one right. Yep, that makes perfect sense. I presume that approached can be applied to any ref that gives a decision against us then? That'll be handy.

PS - there is such a thing as 'innocent till proven guilty', or do we not bother with that.

One decision. Did you start watching football today??

Can you also show me where I have said he is guilty please. You've got all night if you want.

Offline smicer07

• American doormat
  • Legend
« Reply #1653 on: January 9, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »

I'm basing my opinion on Webb's performances over the last 5 or so years, not just today. Feel free to disagree, I may be wrong, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that one man can consistently be given the same fixture every season, balls it up almost every time, and still be retained.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC, the arrogant puritan! Comolliphile extraordinaire.
  • Legend
  • Vr modig. Tag risici. Der er kun n vrdig.
« Reply #1654 on: January 9, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
Loved seeing the little rat getting a kick.
It's not even a guilty pleasure. Just a pleasure. One of Ryan's better moments today.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #1655 on: January 9, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »
It's not even a guilty pleasure. Just a pleasure. One of Ryan's better moments today.

Forgot all about that.
Good Lad.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Notayesman

• Legend
« Reply #1656 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
One decision. Did you start watching football today??

Can you also show me where I have said he is guilty please. You've got all night if you want.

And I didn't say you said he was guilty did I, show me where I said that. In fact it wasn't even you I referred to with that remark, it was smicer07 but you seem intent on maintaining the illusion of possible bribes and I'm saying that's a pretty piss weak position to take. Of course we can never be 100% sure he's not taking bribes, but that doesn't make it ok to go on about it or use it as an excuse as to why we lost.
And quite clearly I was talking about todays game anyway, the one mistake being the peno which I made clear earlier but fair enough, run away with it if you like. Numerous decisions make him a bad ref not necessarily a corrupt one.

Offline Dreamer011

• Main Stander
« Reply #1657 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
Get in Ryan! A better display, followed by a blinder of a tweet. Think Kenny will get a lot more out of him for the rest of the season; more pace and power would be a welcome addition. Nice one for today though (despite the loss to Webb)..
YNWA

Offline Notayesman

• Legend
« Reply #1658 on: January 9, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
I'm basing my opinion on Webb's performances over the last 5 or so years, not just today. Feel free to disagree, I may be wrong, but I find it incredibly hard to believe that one man can consistently be given the same fixture every season, balls it up almost every time, and still be retained.

Except he doesn't just balls up in that fixture does he? He fucks up regularly, so are you now suggesting he whored himself the Dutch as well before the World cup final? Come on man, he's shite fair enough and who knows maybe 10 years down the line some shite red top will run a sting and catch him out taking bribes. In the meantime it looks piss weak, especially when the red card was a definite stone wall red, that's not Webb's fault, it's Stevie's.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker. 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds. RAWK's Barry
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legend
  • Dead
« Reply #1659 on: January 9, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »
If Howard Webb was a cake he'd eat himself. He'll be bloody delighted with the controversy over his decision being increased by the fuss around Babel. I doubt that he actually corrupt, but I'm sure he's 'influenced'; the man is an egotistical narcissistic wanker, and loves this kind of attention, or maybe the attention and hospitality of some high level managers and players. In any case, he's a fucking shite referee.

Online Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legend
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #1660 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
Ryan does show some passion

Fucking FA
If Ayre got 25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Quote from: OsirisMVZ
We're so shite we went to war with the french last night, they surrendered, and still won the bloody thing.

Offline Notayesman

• Legend
« Reply #1661 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
If Howard Webb was a cake he'd eat himself. He'll be bloody delighted with the controversy over his decision being increased by the fuss around Babel. I doubt that he actually corrupt, but I'm sure he's 'influenced'; the man is an egotistical narcissistic wanker, and loves this kind of attention, or maybe the attention and hospitality of some high level managers and players. In any case, he's a fucking shite referee.

He's fucking muck but that's a different matter.

Offline Hazell

• Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex couch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #1662 on: January 9, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »
Was a bit silly to post that pic I guess but fuck it - well in Ryan.
I did not have a long speech prepared for the players. My notes from the game show there was one message I wanted to drill into them. It is written in Spanish. Lucharlo. Fight for it.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legend
« Reply #1663 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
Any gifs of the tackle on Owen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #1664 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:24 PM »
Was a bit silly to post that pic I guess but fuck it - well in Ryan.

He can't be done for having a personal opinion though can he?

Offline Rigden

• Legend
« Reply #1665 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:39 PM »
Well in Ryan, had an immediate impact today when he came on, too bad we were reduced to 10 men.
Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them. Sam Pollock

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1666 on: January 9, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »
On the football side he looked quite sharp today and we soon got on the front foot when he came on, from a twitter point of view he's a fuckin idiot.
BETTISON IS LAUGHING AT YOU.....AND YOU PAY FOR IT! SIGN THIS! https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #1667 on: January 9, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
Quick question- Is that picture of Webb in a Man Utd shirt taken from the Art Vandelay thread or was it from somewhere else?
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline hesbighesred

• But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legend
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1668 on: January 9, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
I'd be absolutely astonished if Webb is or ever has taken a real actual bribe. But I do think Sky tends to hype decisions in Utd games more than they do for other clubs, I think they give Fungus' moans plenty of sympathetic air time, I do think that a ref's life is made much easier if he makes sure he's a lot MORE 'sure' when giving opposition fouls, cards etc than he needs to be when giving them to Utd. Indeed several ex refs have come out and said exactly that, that if you get a decision wrong against Utd there are consequences, so you make yourself a lot more 'sure' next time. The same will likely apply in terms of the FA picking refs for Utd fixtures.

Wasn't it Kafka who said something along the lines of 'the most dangerous censor is the one in our own head'? It's a similar mechanic to what happens in football, and it happens in the rest of the media too. It would be staggeringly naive to think that football isn't subject to the same kinds of pressures as other areas of the media, the same kind of commercial imperatives, and those biases favour Utd in football for similar reasons that they favour US/UK interests in the media...largely because it's safe and it pays.

PS

Well in Babel.
Collaborative Euro 2021 blog I'm writing for. Check it out, and by all means share your views.
http://straightoffthebeach.wordpress.com/

Offline benny

• Anny Roader
  • the road end united will never be defeated
« Reply #1669 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
just come out an say sorry Babel,for fucks sake Walcott dives in a game to try an win a pen,says sorry an its ok ,babel puts a joke picture up on twitter the FA are looking into it,fuck off you two faced twats.

Offline Carra23

• Legend
« Reply #1670 on: January 9, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
Quick question- Is that picture of Webb in a Man Utd shirt taken from the Art Vandelay thread or was it from somewhere else?

I posted it in the Art thread earlier today. I just googled 'Howard Webb' and looked at the image results and it was on the first page.
Sky Sports is Shite

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legend
  • Almost there son.
« Reply #1671 on: January 9, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
The FA can't wait to get their cocks out over this. Shame they don't show as much conviction regarding more important issues.

Offline Hazell

• Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex couch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
« Reply #1672 on: January 9, 2011, 08:39:13 PM »

Don't know what the FA will do but the first I heard of it was on the radio - it just means unneccesary attention on him.

Purely as a Liverpool fan though, I'm glad he did it.
I did not have a long speech prepared for the players. My notes from the game show there was one message I wanted to drill into them. It is written in Spanish. Lucharlo. Fight for it.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker. 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds. RAWK's Barry
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legend
  • Dead
« Reply #1673 on: January 9, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »

I would hope not; Howard Webb gave his personal opinion in the first minute and he made an error of judgement too. If Ryan cops a fine, so should Webb. ;)

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1674 on: January 9, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
He did fairly well today but the point is that the postion on the left flank is up for grabs, and he should be given a run out. Based on past season performances, he hasn't taken his chances well to show us consistently what he is capable of. Hopefully with King Kenny in charge he will be a rejuvenated player.

Offline Notayesman

• Legend
« Reply #1675 on: January 9, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
He did fairly well today but the point is that the postion on the left flank is up for grabs, and he should be given a run out. Based on past season performances, he hasn't taken his chances well to show us consistently what he is capable of. Hopefully with King Kenny in charge he will be a rejuvenated player.

Ah yeh sure give him another chance, it's only been what 3 and half years. Maybe by 2016 he'll be the player we all hoped he would be.

Offline welshred1976

• Kopite
  • make us dream
« Reply #1676 on: January 9, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »

Sums it up.

2 huge decisions got 1 right 1 wrong. Shit angle for the pen and proved it by giving a terrible decsion. Players reaction should have made himn ak the lino.
The status of the club is incredible, but its only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... its more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Tom_B

• Legend
  • JFT96
« Reply #1677 on: January 9, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
And I didn't say you said he was guilty did I, show me where I said that. In fact it wasn't even you I referred to with that remark, it was smicer07

It was in response to me, with my post quoted and the insinuation was pretty clear (in my opinion).

Fair enough though if you didn't mean me.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports
  • Legend
« Reply #1678 on: January 9, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Ah yeh sure give him another chance, it's only been what 3 and half years. Maybe by 2016 he'll be the player we all hoped he would be.

I think he's got the potential to be world class. One of the best in the game. Maybe even one day as good as Quaresma.

Online redmark

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legend
    • Save Liverpool FC
« Reply #1679 on: January 9, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
I think playing on the left highlights Babel's weaknesses (inconsistent touch, poor decision making, running into blind alleys) and negates his major strength - pace. Being very one footed means he's always using his right foot, cutting inside to be crowded out by FB, CB and a CM. It's the one position he has been given plenty of chances in; and it doesn't work.

Give him a few games on the right and let him use his pace on the outside.
We Are Liverpool.