Author Topic: An overdue tribute to Mr. Rafael Benitez  (Read 34396 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
An overdue tribute to Mr. Rafael Benitez
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:50:34 pm »
I was going through some old tapes the other day in my latest attempt to convert all of my old VHS collection into DVD format. Some home movies, plenty of Match of the Days and the odd film. As the task grew tiresome, I came across one in particular that I simply couldn’t fast forward through or throw away.

The scene is Queens Drive, Liverpool at the end of Moscow Drive by the Esso petrol station that is now a Tesco Express (what isn’t?), just over five years ago. Everything in the city is at a standstill. Everybody is talking about just one thing. The petrol station roof, the telephone box and the top of the long wall leading up towards West Derby are now just vantage points. Liverpool, the European Champions, are coming home. Flags, scarves, ready made “Istanbul” t-shirts that depict the teams that we conquered along the way. It’s a sea of red. The sun is out but no weather would have stopped the masses from seeing their heroes come home anyway.

Horns sound and the crowd is buzzing. The camera focuses on the setting when all of a sudden there is a huge roar. They’re here. In the distance the buses make their way down. Cars in front are frantically beeping; the crowd is in seventh heaven. No drug could match this high. The press bus goes past first and then comes the much-awaited moment. The Redmen. Carragher and Gerrard are stood at the front. The former with that trophy in hand. Then other faces. Faces of times gone by; better times, regardless of what fans’ verdicts of them were. Riise, Josemi, Xabi Alonso, little Luis Garcia. For many young fans, it is the first time they have ever seen their heroes in the flesh. They do their best to respond to every individual that attempts to gain their attention. They stand, looking over the top, like giants. As the bus goes on, more faces. Djibril Cisse trying his best to look the epitome of cool as usual, Igor Biscan in his trademark daze, Steve Finnan, Sami Hyypia, Djimi Traore, Milan Baros, Didi Hamann and many more. They all played their part. But then the camera catches sight of someone and attempts to zoom. The picture blurs and then suddenly focuses. The man stands with a beaming smile, stood next to his wife who is holding a young child in her arms. He is the picture of health, wearing a red tracksuit top. He waves to the adoring masses, touring the city he made happy. The city that he gave hope to. The city that he allowed to dream. The man that made it all happen. Rafael Benitez Maudes. No limelight-hogging, no extravagance. Understated, professional, humble.

A picture paints a thousand words.

As the bus goes past, the camera cuts off. White noise and then the famous VHS blue screen. And I’m sitting there in my backroom covered in blank DVDs and surrounded by hundreds of tapes and I can feel a huge lump in my throat. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end and I can feel my eyes welling up with tears.

Now, I’m a soppy sod, I know. I don’t need telling. But the saddest part about that is that I didn’t feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, the lump in my throat and the tears in my eyes out of happiness. I have sat and watched the Sky “In My Life” montage and “Greatest YNWA” video after the win against Chelsea and bawled like a baby on plenty of occasions, believe me. But this was different.

I’ve had this image of that clean-shaven Rafa, clearly about a stone and a half lighter ingrained in my mind since I watched that tape. It’s almost as if he is a completely different person to the one that left the club back in June, just five years on from that day.

When you look back on the man’s time at this club, you could almost see it as if we were living in a hangover from that time. He was a victim of his own success. His critics used Istanbul as a stick to beat him with. But I didn’t see it like that. Even though we wouldn’t lift another major trophy under him, from that moment, the man was untouchable to me. He was a God.

I’ve been lucky enough to live throughout all of our European Cup successes. But I was just seven the first time around and although I idolised the players that brought Big Ears home in ’77, I took it for granted. ’84 was special because I was there but by then, I had become spoiled. I didn't hope for success, I expected it. So nothing captured my imagination quite like our run to Istanbul and nothing will ever compare to that night. He made me believe that anything in football was possible.

A famous French philosopher once said “You always admire what you don’t understand” and never has that quote been more applicable, for me, the way it was with Rafa. I loved him, but at the same time I admired him, I respected him and I was completely mystified by him. Rafa was unique.

Anyone that criticises him, in my mind simply didn’t “get” him. And when I hear people talk about rotation, about how much he spent on such-and-such, about where he played so-and-so, how defensive he was and so on and so forth, it really angers me. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so passionate about a subject. I’ve never felt so inclined to stick up for someone and I can’t even really explain why.

But what angers me even more was the circumstances behind his departure. I wish Roy all the best now that Rafa has gone, but I still feel like I’ve broken up from a long-term relationship and as much as Roy deserves my support, I can’t help but get angry once again when I see the people that criticised Rafa for years stick up for Roy. I constantly find myself asking the question “if we finish seventh this year, should Hodgson go?” to them and their response is always “of course not!” But that is the standard we set ourselves last year. One bad season and you have to go. It can’t be one rule for one and another for somebody else. Surely?

And the very fact the man that stood on the top of that bus five years ago – peerless – has had his reputation tarnished is unbelievably sad. While I could have a few choice words for those that fail to see anything beyond the past twelve months, I’d rather focus on the two men that stopped him in his tracks to begin with. The two men that gave the fickle masses their ammunition. The two men that tore the roads of destiny we were riding on up until February 2007.

As defiant as he was, we saw him ground down. Slowly but surely. The undermining, the lies and deceit, the false promises. It would have taken its toll on any man. And in many ways I’m glad he’s gone. Because it would have been tragic to see the man’s reputation be tarnished further. On Friday he will take his chance, managing his new side Inter, against the side that knocked us out of the Europa League last season. The team that did us a favour in truth. They gave the board the chance to see him off. I mean, how could you possibly replace the man that “only” took us to the Europa League final and hire the man whose only notable achievement in the past however many years is just that?

And as I sit here writing this, I’m glad that I’m safe in the knowledge I’ll always have the memories. As will any Red who embraced and cherished his time at the club. And if somewhere on the horizon there are better times ahead for us, nothing will ever come close to that year, that run, that night.

So here’s to that shy, unassuming so-and-so at the back of that open-top bus. You were truly one of a kind.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:11:13 pm by Garsonite »

royhendo

Re: An overdue tribute to Mr. Rafael Benitez
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:52:37 pm »
It's funny that - I'm watching an old game just now, and earlier I saw him on the podium after Inter's Super Cup win.

Nice work sir. :)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:53:44 pm »
Don't give up the day job.

Only kidding, superb piece mate,brilliantly written. I doth my cap. Rafa truly was/is one of a kind.
We were blessed to have him here and it is an absolute fucking travesty how he was treated in the end.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »
Great post and I won't even try to add any more as I couldn't do it justice. That night you speak of hit me sideways, I had hope of winning it, but not much. Then we'd lost it. Chance gone. Then we won it and I couldn't stop repeating to my lad "we've won the European Cup, We've won the European cup" literally for 10 minutes. That night and the following evening outside St Georges Hall have been the best of my recent life. Thank you Rafa.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »
Well said.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 11:00:19 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :thumbup

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 11:00:21 pm »

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »
Anyone that criticises him, in my mind simply didn’t “get” him. And when I hear people talk about rotation, about how much he spent on such-and-such, about where he played so-and-so, how defensive he was and so on and so forth, it really angers me. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so passionate about a subject. I’ve never felt so inclined to stick up for someone and I can’t even really explain why.

Really nice post. :) The bit I've quoted is the part which resonates with me the most atm. It makes me ache inside when I think about what we've lost.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »
Superb.  We were lucky to have had him, in so many ways, he brought me the greatest night of my life and fought so many fights for us.  Something tells me the Rafa/Liverpool story isn't finished just yet,  but I think he was taken for granted towards the end.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »
I don't always have the patience to read long opening posts, but read every word of this one and loved it.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:11 pm »
Inspiring stuff Garstonite, which really resonates with me.

When it comes to defending Rafa I'm exactly the same.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Dish shhh

• Kopite
  • It's always darkest before the dawn
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »
I agree with you Garsonite, those who criticised and ridiculed really did not get him.  His tactics, team selections, interviews etc were always used as reasons by others for not liking him and I spent hours arguing my point.  However, you've made me realise he was about so much more than that.  It was his unassuming nature, his knowledge, work ethic, his affinity with the city and its culture and his aura.  I doubt that in my lifetime (I'm only 32) that we'll see another manager who had the kop in the palm of his hand like Rafa did.  The club now are a completely different entity than the one he joined and the way he was ostracized was the final nail in the coffin of this institution's innocence.

Rafa, thanks for everything. In my opinion you're up there with Shanks, Bob and Kenny and I've no doubt history will be kind when it comes to penning your legacy. 

You really don't realise what you have until it's gone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:10:16 pm by Dish shhh »
Brian Reade - "Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend. Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy".

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:50 pm »
Nice one Gars(t)onite.

Shocking when you see how Rafa aged with us, it all seemed to really take its toll. As Phil says, one of a kind

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09:07 pm »
I was watching the road to Istanbul dvd the other night. That whole adventure even now seems so surreal. Still can't believe we reached a European Cup final with Igor Biscan in the midfield! That team should of been nowhere near that final.

But there were so many highlights Steven Gerrard's goal against Olympiakos, Luis Garcia's smash against Juventus, Xabi's brilliant performance in Turin coming back from injury. Then the game against Chelsea and the goal that to this day eats at Jose ha, ha. Still can't watch the Gudjohnson moment, still expecting it to fly in. What an atmosphere that night, standing with my friend the next minute this guy jumps from two rows back and starts dancing with everyone. Nobody wanting to go home after the game, George having to beg everyone to leave and people singing down the road as they left the ground.

I haven't even mentioned the final, it must have been fate that night. Will always be thankful for that year, thanks Rafa, just wish he was still here.

Great post Garstonite.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:09:41 pm »
Spot on as usual.

It still cuts through me how badly that great man was treated.

I think of his cheeky smile and the little wink that says it all.

I truly hope one day he can come back - with another club or however.
That we as fans never got a chance to say thanks rankles with me.

I know he's bigger than that, I know he knows how much the majority of us loved him.

But I miss him, try as I might I can't move on. And it's eating me up

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 11:11:25 pm »
Superb read that Garstonite.

I just recently got around to framing the wonderful card he sent me just after he left and it has taken pride of place on my wall.

Not only a fantastic manager, but a great man too.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 11:11:55 pm »
Really nice post. :) The bit I've quoted is the part which resonates with me the most atm. It makes me ache inside when I think about what we've lost.

Aye, same with me. He will always be a legend.

Superb piece, mate.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:15:51 pm »
I hope he comes back one day. Next year would be good ;)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:15 pm »
Lots to remember him for. The Champions League felt like the old days of the European Cup. I expected us to go far. Two CL Finals in three years and we beat pretty much all of the top sides in Europe. Inter, Barca, Real, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juve, Milan,...

Those were the days.... :)

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 11:18:50 pm »

Even if he won in Athens he would still have fallen to the yanks sword I bet. Disgraceful.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »
Excellent stuff

Enjoyable and depressing in equal measures
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 11:20:16 pm »
Those were the days.... :)

That hammer's home how bad it is now really. I'm 23 and I used to listen to people sing about "Those were the days" when they talk about the Stretford End, but I'll think about my trips to the San Siro etc and think that they were my days :(
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:20:46 pm »
Fantastic post that mate. I for one share the anger that you describe at hearing Rafa criticised and the lazy reasoning that often gets thrown about like cheap hand me downs from Sky.

I wasnt around in the 70's and 80's when huge european nights were simply expected. I grew up in the 90's fantasizing about simply being on the same pitch as the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan. It seemed so far away. Houllier eventually started our european resurrection but Rafa took us that final step. He gave me some of the greatest nights of my life, including virtually every round in Europe 'that' season, culminating in Istanbul, the greatest final of all time. The Chelsea semi cannot be forgotten either, the pure emotion that spilled from the terraces that night is still hard to describe five years on. We really were the 12th man that night. Ive literally never in my life felt anything like it and im not sure I ever will again. It was truly special and a memory that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Rafa Benitiz took my dreams as a kid of sharing a pitch with the AC Milans and Real Madrids of this world and bettered it. By bettering them.

Ill forever be grateful to Rafa for the memories that he brought me and the club. That 5th star on the shirt. I stand by my assertion that, with the full backing of the club and the right conditions, he would have been the man to bring us the league title. Im as certain of that now than I have ever been. For me he was the best manager we have had at the club since the departure of Kenny and that is what is so frustrating for me. The unshakeable belief that we have made a huge mistake in letting him walk away. Not only that, but the men responsible for his departure were nothing more than lying manipulative conmen looking out for noone but themselves.

It is truly sad that he was effectively hounded out on the back of one poor season. One single season that followed five of consecutive progress. That the host of contributive reasons behind last seasons slump were often overlooked. And that such an honourable, loyal and respectful man has had his reputation tarnished among sections of our own support as well as the country in general.

I for one though, am not among them. He will always be a hero of mine. The man that realised my dreams.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 11:25:46 pm »
Excellent post. It's funny how a lot of people were dying for him to leave and for us to somehow get Mourinho or Ancelotti or some great coach like that. Instead Rafa went to go join Scudetto and CL winners Inter Milan and we got a coach from Fulham (Not a dig at Roy.)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 11:28:01 pm »
Beautiful post G, but throughout the whole thing I just kept saying to myself that fucking video better be at the end... so upload it you c*nt, so we can all share :D
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 11:30:25 pm »
I still remember that camp moment in front of the tele when I was on my knees, eyes closed and arms in the air after that crazy night in Istanbul. People tell me I stayed like that for a good ten minutes but I don't remember how long it was, I just couldn't believe it. Even today, whenever someone asks me about the best moment in my life, the first thing that comes to my mind is that particular instant the penalty was saved. What a night and what an op.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 11:31:19 pm »
And the very fact the man that stood on the top of that bus five years ago – peerless – has had his reputation tarnished is unbelievably sad.
This cuts me up.People fail to se at times the fight he put up,even though they tried to pull him down.The lies and the leaks,to knock a great man for some more money.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 11:31:42 pm »
Even if he won in Athens he would still have fallen to the yanks sword I bet. Disgraceful.

It's funny how 2 finals in 3 years gets glossed over whenever his record in under scrutiny.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:01 pm »
Enjoyable read - cheers Garstonite, it sums up how a few of us still feel.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:28 pm »
Superb OP Garstonite,I`ll never forget what that man has done for us and i will never forgive those who contributed to his departure.

Thanks Rafa,for everything.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:39 pm »
Garstonite ya barsteward.

Ya gonna have grown men crying soon  :-[

Aye. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Never a truer work spoken.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 11:34:39 pm »
Fantastic post. Thanks, Garsonite.

I wish Roy all the best now that Rafa has gone, but I still feel like I’ve broken up from a long-term relationship

Sums up my feelings perfectly. Could not put it better, so I won't even try. Thanks again mate.
Justice For The 96

Offline SuperBario

• Main Stander
  • Internet Terrorist (Retired)
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:08 pm »
Never since the heady days of '86 had I enjoyed football as much as I did on those recent European nights, and of course the spanking of United at O.T.

All thanks to the genius of Benitez.

Here's the link to that Brian Reade article. Spot on.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Why-Rafa-Benitez-leaves-Liverpool-as-a-legend-not-the-failure-his-history-rewriting-critics-insist-The-Brian-Reade-Column-article448527.html

And don't forget his parting gift of £96 000.

Legend indeed

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »
Brilliant post Garstonite.
Pity you had to get nob responses like this.

He hasnt had a tribute yet? 
Is it any wonder I don't come on here much these days?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 11:37:35 pm »
will be able to watch him again friday night in the super cup revenge job against Atletico!

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 11:37:36 pm »
Brilliant post Garstonite.
Pity you had to get nob responses like this.
Is it any wonder I don't come on here much these days?

Miss you Terry!
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:15 pm »
Very much overdue. Legend. Cheers Garstonite.

And hello Terry.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »
And don't forget his parting gift of £96 000.

more than that mate, alder hey, a breast cancer charity and I think claire house was the other one, maybe wrong though... all received substantial donations.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:53 pm »
Who the hell is Garsonite?

I once knew a Garstonite.

That Garstonite could tell it how it is, not like this self righteous, slobbering Garsonite dickhead... whoever he is?

Sentimental twat.

Best thing happened was to get rid of that fat Spanish c*nt. One trophy in 6 years?? c*nt. WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC FFS  :butt

In fact, after getting our new owners in, sacking that foreign bastard was the best thing we've done in years.

Fucking lay the twat down in front of an opentop bus would be my recommendation. Paella eating bell.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:01 pm »
 Enjoyed your post Garstonite - whats that saying "you dont know what you've lost till its gone?"!!!