Author Topic: Takeover Latest (3rd and 4th August updates)  (Read 186910 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takeover Latest (*) no crap posts please...
« Reply #800 on: August 3, 2010, 10:36:12 pm »
Interesting stuff!

This seems too good to be true. I'm a little sceptical for that reason alone, but it's certainly better news than we've had for a long time.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #801 on: August 3, 2010, 10:37:19 pm »
I know, and I agree that it COULD be very good for us. I just don't like the way they all tart it up before anything's even been announced. Building us up for a fall is all I keep thinking.

Exactly, I think we're all hoping but realise we could be built up for a massive fall.
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: August 3, 2010, 10:37:21 pm »
Thing is, if we dont get sold now, I really doubt these fuckers are going anywhere any time soon.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: August 3, 2010, 10:38:07 pm »
Thing is, if we dont get sold now, I really doubt these fuckers are going anywhere any time soon.
I think we will be sold, but to who and how i dont know!

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #804 on: August 3, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »
I honestly don't know how I'll feel if we become "the wealthiest club in the world". This can be achieved two ways. They could do it the Man City way and throw absurd amounts of money at players who I would hate seeing in a red shirt (money grabbers like Adebayor, the Toure brothers, Barry etc.). I can't imagine I would feel satisfied winning our 19th title this way.

Or they could do it the Liverpool way. They could build the new stadium and market the club in Asia and make the club self sustainable. Add maybe £30 million to spend this month and a £20 million top up in January, I think we have a very bright future, one which everyone can respect and enjoy. Thankfully, it sounds like it will be the second.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #805 on: August 3, 2010, 10:39:17 pm »
It's NOT Huang's money, he's purely the 'face' of the deal. I dunno how many times this has to be said?

But thought the money was coming from another source with their own cash behind them ..... hedge funds sounds worrying ?

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #806 on: August 3, 2010, 10:39:36 pm »
It's NOT Huang's money, he's purely the 'face' of the deal. I dunno how many times this has to be said?
That's irrelevant what I'm worried about in my admittedly naive knowledge of finance is that hedge funds are bad and carry massive interest payments

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40:03 pm »
That wealthiest club in the world article was written by Harry Harris, so I wouldn't count on it being very accurate.

Exactly.

Offline Kenny Red

• Anny Roader
  • Don't park your tank on my lawn sunny jim
« Reply #808 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »

If this doesnt happen i dont think we'll ever be sold, well not before entering administration. This could well be last chance saloon for us to come back from brink before we fall so hard and so deep that we may never recover.
Perception is nine tenths of reality

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #809 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40:49 pm »

Wasn't some lad the face of the City takeover too? And he went on to take over Pompey? That didnt turn out too dodgy (for City)...
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40:57 pm »

But thought the money was coming from another source with their own cash behind them ..... hedge funds sounds worrying ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Investment_Corporation Is one of the backers.
psn = Lents123

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:19 pm »

It does indeed cant see the board or the banks agreeing with a deal if its using Hedge Funds though, and that headline richest club in the world, yes there is potential for us to be but people need to put their money in their own pockets to achieve that dream.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:21 pm »

Or they could do it the Liverpool way. They could build the new stadium and market the club in Asia and make the club self sustainable. Add maybe £30 million to spend this month and a £20 million top up in January, I think we have a very bright future, one which everyone can respect and enjoy. Thankfully, it sounds like it will be the second.

Me lieks the sound of that ;D
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Bamba

• La?
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #813 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:29 pm »
Yes, Premier League has been informed but, much as we all want to crack open the Pomagne that's standard - not unlike commissioning a surveyor to give a house you fancy buying the once over. What this does indicate though is that, at whatever pace, this is moving forwards.

On other bids - Rhone has re-emerged with the backing of Tom Hicks. Almost certainly a diversionary/stalling tactic but let's see.

Overall view? As The Undertones said - and in my own humble opinion - it's gonna happen.

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #814 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:31 pm »
Oh by the way Walton Red on TLW has said it is a done deal been done for a week, although he is a bit of a twat as far as his constant slating of Rafa he has been known to get the odd thing correct.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #815 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »
As has been said before, this has great possibilities, no? :)

Possibly exciting times, possibly a gigantic letdown.  Who knows?  It's only mid-afternoon here in Denver, but time for a drink!
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: August 3, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »
Wasn't some lad the face of the City takeover too? And he went on to take over Pompey? That didnt turn out too dodgy (for City)...
Yes, but he did nothing wrong in the City takeover, it's when he was promising Pompey money he didn't have that he got caught out.
psn = Lents123

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #817 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »
Not going to get too excited until its confirmed and confirmed and then confirmed again. Dont want to get my hopes up thinking were sign someone like aguero to help Torres out but dont want to feel shite when it doesnt come off.
YNWA

Offline cyador

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #818 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:16 pm »
I've been let down so many times now that i'm not getting my hopes up yet. Something will happen to screw it up.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #819 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:20 pm »
I like the part about the marketing potential that could be unleashed in China. Have a friend who worked in China, Guangzhou, and he would tell me really crazy stories about how China is gonna be "booming" for a decade if not more opening up many markets from within.

With the right marketing, we could become China's team and even a 1% fan base in China would represent 13m. new fans.

Ok, back to reality. I hope G&H are forced to sell with a loss. Knowing those leaches, they will fight to death for a single penny so this could turn out ugly thus forcing the potential buyers elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2010, 10:44:40 pm by LiverBirdKop »

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #820 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:21 pm »

If we're not not sold by the end of the transfer window, the RBS loans expire in October. If G+H can't refinance or pay up we're in administration simple as

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #821 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:31 pm »

While we are waiting for some news, this would be interesting to read ...

http://www.swfinstitute.org
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline eggo1971

• Main Stander
« Reply #822 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:45 pm »
For anyone who is interested. There is a live webchat at 12:30 tomorrow on the Echo website with John Thompson - Sports Editor

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #823 on: August 3, 2010, 10:42:53 pm »
It does indeed cant see the board or the banks agreeing with a deal if its using Hedge Funds though, and that headline richest club in the world, yes there is potential for us to be but people need to put their money in their own pockets to achieve that dream.

Hope your correct lyndsey ...

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #824 on: August 3, 2010, 10:43:00 pm »
This is too much to take in. I know i know we shouldnt fall into the trap of being sucked into this hype but i've got that feeling im my stomach,  you know the one you use to get on Christmas eve as nipper.

Is it wrong to feel this way? Im a grown man FFS
to be honest with you I'm diving in head first and loving every minute of it. Haven't felt anticipation like this for 3 years.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: August 3, 2010, 10:43:01 pm »
Yes, Premier League has been informed but, much as we all want to crack open the Pomagne that's standard - not unlike commissioning a surveyor to give a house you fancy buying the once over. What this does indicate though is that, at whatever pace, this is moving forwards.

On other bids - Rhone has re-emerged with the backing of Tom Hicks. Almost certainly a diversionary/stalling tactic but let's see.

Overall view? As The Undertones said - and in my own humble opinion - it's gonna happen.

:-* Deffo stalling tactics by the c*nt.
psn = Lents123

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #826 on: August 3, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »
Dont want to get my hopes up thinking were sign someone like aguero

Or we could sign someone who isn't overrated, but yeah I get the sentiment!

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: August 3, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »

is that 'its gonna happen' with Huang buying it? or just us being sold in general?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #828 on: August 3, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Investment_Corporation Is one of the backers.

Did I read that right? Over £300 billion? Bloody hell!! And that's only one of the backers?

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: August 3, 2010, 10:44:52 pm »
Or we could sign someone who isn't overrated, but yeah I get the sentiment!
haha, ok, what he should have said is, cant wait till we can buy someone without thinking about who we have to sell first!

Offline R.E.D.S

• Kemlynite
« Reply #830 on: August 3, 2010, 10:44:58 pm »
Chill? How exactly??

Simple, fridge, beverage of choice, sit down, enjoy.

Just trying to make the point that far too many pages get over run with needless text. Probably one of the reason I've only post 10 times.
But these are hopefully exciting times and trawling through the rubbish to try find fact and inside knowledge can become very tiresome.
"Goals pay the rent and Keegan does his share"

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #831 on: August 3, 2010, 10:45:23 pm »
We're by far the richest team the world has ever seen, annnnnd it Liiiiiiiverpool....

Haha

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #832 on: August 3, 2010, 10:45:29 pm »
is that 'its gonna happen' with Huang buying it? or just us being sold in general?

If we're gonna be sold this time round, it'll only be to Huang and his guys. Thats who he means.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: August 3, 2010, 10:45:51 pm »

How do you know this ?

I know they have been mentioned, but I thought it was just speculation at this point.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #834 on: August 3, 2010, 10:46:03 pm »
If these potential owners will allow Hodgson to do his job of sorting the team out; stump up cash for any targets that he sees fit and finance a new stadium while staying out of the limelight then that will do for me.....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: August 3, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »
While we are waiting for some news, this would be interesting to read ...

http://www.swfinstitute.org

Care to translate into English?? My eyes are starting to hurt.
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: August 3, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »
the waiting game is in full effect.......

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: August 3, 2010, 10:46:45 pm »
How do you know this ?

I know they have been mentioned, but I thought it was just speculation at this point.
Well, i don't know for certain, just who've been linked by most sources i've read regarding Huang's bid.
psn = Lents123

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #838 on: August 3, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »
haha, ok, what he should have said is, cant wait till we can buy someone without thinking about who we have to sell first!

Haha yeah well said.  Trust me I wouldn't complain if we signed Aguero :P

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: August 3, 2010, 10:47:21 pm »
Another way to chill out is by ignoring Talksport.

I fucking hate that radio station these days.

I need a new F5 button. Guess I am not the only one though.