Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 615055 times)

Offline Melbourne Red

• Kopite
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #4480 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:00 am »
Best wishes to all in this thread - been bitten by the "Black Dog" & know the helplessness that you can feel.

Third time trying to write something, so I'll go with;

"When you walk through the storm...............

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4481 on: November 30, 2013, 11:05:34 am »
Been reading through much of this thread. Breaks my heart to hear of all the pain and suffering that some of you are experiencing.

Wish I could give each and every one of you that something you need to cut you a break. Hoping for a brighter day for you all. Life can be unfair but I pray that you all find hope and happiness. It's what we all deserve.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4482 on: November 30, 2013, 11:17:24 am »
Been reading through much of this thread. Breaks my heart to hear of all the pain and suffering that some of you are experiencing.

Wish I could give each and every one of you that something you need to cut you a break. Hoping for a brighter day for you all. Life can be unfair but I pray that you all find hope and happiness. It's what we all deserve.

Mate you can, just knowing folk are there for us all helps a million... ever wanted to wake up on an island, alone? that's how some of us feel :) Just launch us a coconut or football, we'll be well happy!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: November 30, 2013, 11:39:21 am »
Can only echo what vishy says there,  lovely words mate.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Melbourne Red

• Kopite
« Reply #4484 on: November 30, 2013, 11:51:13 am »
Can only echo what vishy says there,  lovely words mate.

Yeah agree - bit easier to take than "get over it" or "harden up" that's for sure!
(and that's just me talking to myself!) :P

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: November 30, 2013, 11:56:41 am »
Thanks fellas but was only speaking from the heart.

Red Genius - I bet a bit more sunshine and warm weather, a lottery win and Liverpool winning the Prem wouldn't hurt either lol :)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: November 30, 2013, 12:00:14 pm »
Thanks fellas but was only speaking from the heart.

Red Genius - I bet a bit more sunshine and warm weather, a lottery win and Liverpool winning the Prem wouldn't hurt either lol :)

You got the numbers for tonight? ha...aw little bit of love goes a long way my old ma would always say, and she not wrong.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: November 30, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
Anyone who says harden up or get over it to someone depressed deserves a slap..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »
Lovely early Christmas present from ATOS - incapacity form to complete...  :-[

Starting to hope I DO actually have gout in my foot and that it IS caused by alcoholism - to just spite the bastards.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #4489 on: December 19, 2013, 11:21:04 pm »
Christmas just isn't the same for me anymore since all my family have been taken away from me. I've tried and tried to get into it. Been invited out on Christmas day for my dinner at my mates mum's house, which is nice of them, but, I won't enjoy it. I'll just end up putting on a brave face again and pretending I'm having a great time, while deep in side I just feel like screaming the place down. Got me tree out but just cant be arsed putting the decorations on. Nobody bothers visiting anyway so I don't know why I even bother. It's been my birthday today but I've just felt meh... Can't be arsed anymore. I really can't...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4490 on: December 19, 2013, 11:32:19 pm »
Happy birthday mate. Sorry you having a tough time of it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: December 19, 2013, 11:38:23 pm »
Happy birthday mate. Sorry you having a tough time of it.

Cheers mate. It's two years since I lost me old fella and nearly two years since I lost me kid brother and it aint getting any easier. Miss them badly. Especially my brother. Last time I ever saw him alive, I shouted at him. Finding that really hard to deal with.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: December 19, 2013, 11:42:59 pm »
Cheers mate. It's two years since I lost me old fella and nearly two years since I lost me kid brother and it aint getting any easier. Miss them badly. Especially my brother. Last time I ever saw him alive, I shouted at him. Finding that really hard to deal with.

Can understand that. Just have to know that he loved you, even if you were at odds, and you both would have gotten past whatever the issue was at the end.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4493 on: December 19, 2013, 11:47:45 pm »
Can understand that. Just have to know that he loved you, even if you were at odds, and you both would have gotten past whatever the issue was at the end.

Your right mate. I know he loved me and I loved him. Going to leave it now coz I'm wellin up here. Thanks anyway mate.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: December 19, 2013, 11:50:19 pm »
Your right mate. I know he loved me and I loved him. Going to leave it now coz I'm wellin up here. Thanks anyway mate.

No problem mate. Hope it gets better. Happy birthday again.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: December 20, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
Fuck women, honestly, waste of time and space...just learned that some bird wasn't 'for real' - happy enough to string me along for 12months.

I genuinely ask, whats the point? i went out of my way to be honest, got shitted on, fuck the fucking idiot off.... and no faith in women carries on, so hard to want a bird that's after a easy life, a quiet family?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:16 am »
Fuck women, honestly, waste of time and space...just learned that some bird wasn't 'for real' - happy enough to string me along for 12months.

I genuinely ask, whats the point? i went out of my way to be honest, got shitted on, fuck the fucking idiot off.... and no faith in women carries on, so hard to want a bird that's after a easy life, a quiet family?

First post in this thread, I'm no expert but here it goes:

Its so easy to feel like that mate, in many ways I'm feeling the same in that the women in my life (the ones I've had romantic feelings for) have all been completely and utterly hurtful to me whether they intended to or not.

But in a strange sort of way I'm glad, because I know when I do find that special one (and I know I will, just like I know you will) it will be all the sweeter because I've gone through the pain, its only going to damage you more the longer you hold onto it so its always best just to let go and look forward.

Just know that you're not alone in feeling like that, but things will get better - I promise :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: December 20, 2013, 07:35:32 pm »

I'm tempted to try and cheer you up by asking "you mean she was a dude?" but I'm not sure that's appropriate. ;)

Seriously though, nice guys get shat on, especially by girls.  As a guy who has struggled his whole life with the opposite sex I'm pretty confident in the teachings of the likes of David DeAngelo in that most women want a bad boy and think nice guys are boring - no matter how much they might say they want a man to treat them right.

Best we can do is put our own feelings first and lay down a marker.  I've thought about "if I don't think there's a potential relationship after three dates, don't bother me again", but it's a hard step for me to take, being all empathic to the people around me and all....

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4498 on: December 20, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
Nice guys finish last is a cliche for a reason.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4499 on: December 23, 2013, 02:54:27 pm »
Samaritans - 08457909090

You might not need this number this Christmas but someone you know might. Don't suffer in silence.

Christmas may be a happy time for some but can also be the shittiest time of the year for others. Spare a thought for them and drop them a message saying that you're thinking of them. I'm sure it will be appreciated. Even if its a quick text or a phone call.

Merry Christmas everyone. New year soon enough and a new start

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #4500 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:12 am »

I teared up reading that. I'm so sorry mate.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: December 24, 2013, 01:03:57 pm »
First xmas without my parents. I lost my dad 15 years ago, and every xmas since i have really struggled. My mum passed away 12 weeks ago so im really down this year. People say ive got my family round me, but that doesnt help. Everyone says remember the good times, but thats what i miss most. Id love to fall asleep and wake up on the 2nd of jan.
mines a pint

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4502 on: December 24, 2013, 01:29:11 pm »
Heart goes out to all you who might be having a tough one this year, i'm just looking at Christmas on my own as another one of lifes experiences, i guess what i will know is that i won't want to be repeating it come Christmas 2014. Just 9 days of scrabbling about looking for a roof over my head to go and then i can begin to settle down and rebuild my life, i hope to look back in 12months read this post and be thinking how far i've come and perhaps be in a position to really thank those people who have helped.

89p Pizza for my Xmas dinner - Now theres one for the memory bank :D

Merry Christmas everybody. Take care.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: December 24, 2013, 08:59:42 pm »
First xmas without my parents. I lost my dad 15 years ago, and every xmas since i have really struggled. My mum passed away 12 weeks ago so im really down this year. People say ive got my family round me, but that doesnt help. Everyone says remember the good times, but thats what i miss most. Id love to fall asleep and wake up on the 2nd of jan.

I'm the same mate. Got no family left now. Not around here anyway. It's hard mate, it's really hard. Just got to hope it's going to get better in the end. I'm sorry my post isn't the most positive and I'm probably not the best person to respond to it but, you've got to try and keep your chin up and keep going. That's what I keep getting told anyway. :)

Anyway all the best mate and I hope you have the best Christmas and new year you possibly can.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4504 on: December 24, 2013, 09:01:59 pm »
Heart goes out to all you who might be having a tough one this year, i'm just looking at Christmas on my own as another one of lifes experiences, i guess what i will know is that i won't want to be repeating it come Christmas 2014. Just 9 days of scrabbling about looking for a roof over my head to go and then i can begin to settle down and rebuild my life, i hope to look back in 12months read this post and be thinking how far i've come and perhaps be in a position to really thank those people who have helped.

89p Pizza for my Xmas dinner - Now theres one for the memory bank :D

Merry Christmas everybody. Take care.

And I thought I had it bad. Feel guilty now. :( Hope you get sorted in the future mate. All the best.  :)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4505 on: December 25, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »
I had a small twinge to see that this thread was posted in.

My best wishes to those of you who are having a tough time today. You're in our thoughts.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: December 25, 2013, 04:08:47 pm »
My thoughts are with anyone struggling today, just so you know you do have people on here who care and are your friends.

YNWA

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4507 on: December 25, 2013, 04:46:09 pm »
My thoughts are with anyone struggling today, just so you know you do have people on here who care and are your friends.

YNWA

Well said mate and also from zero zero.

Hope this day is not too bad, as the others have said, there are people on here that are thinking about you.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

royhendo

« Reply #4508 on: December 25, 2013, 06:49:16 pm »
Aye I'll add to that. It can be the hardest time of the year. Just know there are folk who care and will listen.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: December 25, 2013, 07:02:51 pm »
A merry xmas to all here. If you need to talk to someone just remember people who care about you and your life are just a PM away.

You are never alone.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: December 25, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »
Take care, all of you.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4511 on: December 25, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »
I've opened up in this thread when I've needed to and had good support, and also tried to help others if I felt I could, so I'd like to wish you all the best. RAWK can be a crazy place, but I tell you what there are some great people on this board.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4512 on: December 26, 2013, 11:24:34 am »
I teared up reading that. I'm so sorry mate.

Thanks mate. I've only just read this. I had a nice day yesterday. Christmas will never be the same again for me but, thanks to some good friends, they help me get through it and make me forget my troubles for a while. :)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4513 on: December 27, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
I had a small twinge to see that this thread was posted in.

My best wishes to those of you who are having a tough time today. You're in our thoughts.
How is everything with you mate?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #4514 on: December 28, 2013, 01:00:43 am »
The pain of losing a loved one never goes away but it does ease a little bit over the passage of time. It is things like birthdays, Christmas, special things that the kids have done that make what should be wonderful occasions somewhat sadder.

I am so proud of the things that my kids have achieved but I have never been able to pick up the phone and tell my Mum and that really does get me down, but I know that she is looking down and knows just what is going on anyway.

I always make a point of putting flowers on her grave, even when I am in a real bad flare up and in agony, at this time of year. I used to do it on Christmas Day but that used to make me feel so sad for the rest of the day, so now I do it on Christmas Eve. It is not as good as going to see her in her house but it is the closest thing I can do...

I haven't been posting on here too much lately but I just wanted to let everyone in here know that I am always a PM away if you need to talk to someone...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4515 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:11 am »
How is everything with you mate?
Very good mate, thanks for asking. After well over a year apart my family got to spend Christmas back in London with me. We spoiled our son rotten (still presents to open for him), but as I missed both his 5th and 6th birthday's he's entitled, imo. It wasn't a spectacular Christmas by any means, just the three of us. Still makes it the Best Christmas Ever.

So, when reflecting on how lucky we are I naturally had a thought for my fellow Reds. To paraphrase the Great Man - The socialism I believe in is everybody looking out for each other...

I hope your Christmas was all you hoped for John

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: December 28, 2013, 10:32:28 am »
I wish nothing but good things for everyone who has been brave and typed out personal, terrible things on here..

I am okay but will tell you's all about my Dad sometime, not just now over Christmas though.

Take care

-Paul

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #4517 on: December 28, 2013, 11:29:58 pm »
I dont know how to cope with things. It's just too much. Im arguing with my parents because they think im lazy. Im looking for a job but they dont think im doing enough. I am angry because i dont feel that they are trying to understand that im struggling to keep my depression at bay. I cant do everything in a high tempo at the moment and them pushing me about it and calling me every day about it is drivning me crazy. i wish i won the lottery so i could get the hell out here for a while.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4518 on: December 29, 2013, 03:24:05 am »
I'm the same mate. Got no family left now. Not around here anyway. It's hard mate, it's really hard. Just got to hope it's going to get better in the end. I'm sorry my post isn't the most positive and I'm probably not the best person to respond to it but, you've got to try and keep your chin up and keep going. That's what I keep getting told anyway. :)

Anyway all the best mate and I hope you have the best Christmas and new year you possibly can.

This time of year magnifies these problems, my aunt died in December both my parents are gone, (my father committed suicide in a hospital on the Isle of Man with clinical depression a few years back) and My daughter had another miscarriage, i also have my wife off work for a year watching TV all day and nothing else, she is being treated with depression and this time of year i worry i am getting it,
So i have some history with this problem and how it affects all the people involved,  if you ever want to PM me feel free to do so, or any other person, you know what they say a problem shared is a problem halved.
Also i would urge anybody thinking of ending it, you need to consider the people you leave behind to deal with this, it's irrational but i have been left with this 'what if ' feeling of guilt ever since, even though realistically he should have been in good hands.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: December 29, 2013, 11:14:49 pm »
This time of year magnifies these problems, my aunt died in December both my parents are gone, (my father committed suicide in a hospital on the Isle of Man with clinical depression a few years back) and My daughter had another miscarriage, i also have my wife off work for a year watching TV all day and nothing else, she is being treated with depression and this time of year i worry i am getting it,
So i have some history with this problem and how it affects all the people involved,  if you ever want to PM me feel free to do so, or any other person, you know what they say a problem shared is a problem halved.
Also i would urge anybody thinking of ending it, you need to consider the people you leave behind to deal with this, it's irrational but i have been left with this 'what if ' feeling of guilt ever since, even though realistically he should have been in good hands.

Cheers mate. Sorry to hear about your problems as well. Let's hope 2014 is a lot better for both of us. :)