Author Topic: Benitez - Juventus. only details left before the signing  (Read 33257 times)

Offline macc

• Kopite
Re: Benitez - Juventus. only details left before the signing
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2010, 08:54:14 am »
Yes, they have already organised his leaving party at caldy golf club, known for the weeks.

Her leaving party was a couple of weeks ago, that i have heard from someone i trust.

But i am with Alan on this i am a IKFA on anything else...
PSN - pmacc

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2010, 10:25:26 am »
Marko, no. Does he have anything to say on Rafa or Juve? If not, stop reading and spouting PISH!
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2010, 10:27:42 am »
Marko, no. Does he have anything to say on Rafa or Juve? If not, stop reading and spouting PISH!

Thanks for reinforcing my point Robo!!!

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:29 am »
So in other words, whilst Benitez was delivering us European Cups, Fa Cups, European Finals and Semi Finals, a title challenge - basically in the hunt till April EVERY season he was here, strengthening the squad and getting the best out of a lot of players - you supported him.

One season of bad lack, bad performances and just an all round season to forget, lick out wounds and come out the other side stronger, you think he is suddenly not the man for us.

After one season in 6.

You really do make me sick.  Maybe not you personally, but the type of fan you are, that this great club is attracting a lot of these days.

Sick.

:wellin

wish these types of football fan would fuck off and support someone else

Offline Chiliking

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2010, 11:09:37 am »
While I think the team has underperformed MASSIVELY this season, what team would do much better under the circumstances ruling LFC now? I think Rafa, given a substancial 'war chest', will have us back on track next season. Yes, I've been frustrated, and called for Rafas and Gerrards head, when being a Lounge chair manager or sloshed, but there aren't any better managers or players around. But What really gets to me, is the loyalty the manager shows certain players, like Lucas and Kuyt, while others are left out in the cold after one bad game. Why not give AA some games in the league, to adapt and get into the other players, if he's a man for the future. And we don't throw on offensive players, when we need more attacking options & runs. And we never finish from outside the box.
Bubbles! Oh come on Sharon! I'm fucking Ozzy Osbourne, I'm the Prince of fucking Darkness. Evil! Evil! What's fucking evil about a shitload of bubbles!?
Ozzy Osbourne

Offline liddellpool

• Kopite
  • Tuned to a natural E.
« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2010, 11:38:00 am »
Widespread reports in Italy claim Juve have made Benitez their top target to take over from interim boss Alberto Zaccheroni this summer.

It has been suggested Juventus are prepared to offer Benitez a lucrative contract and hefty transfer war chest to lure him to Turin.

Reports circulating have also claimed Juventus are now working on recruiting Benitez's backroom team if he does decide to leave Anfield.

Benitez insists he is not thinking about his future and is waiting to see who will buy Liverpoolafter American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale last week.

The Spaniard admits Liverpool's search for new owners could decide his future on Merseyside.

Benitez told Premium Calcio: "The future? I just think about the next week, only of the sale of the club.

"I'm interested in who buys Liverpool.

"Resignation? I will have to wait for next week. I will talk to who will buy the club. We must wait."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6110590,00.html?

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #366 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:24 am »
Widespread reports in Italy claim Juve have made Benitez their top target to take over from interim boss Alberto Zaccheroni this summer.

It has been suggested Juventus are prepared to offer Benitez a lucrative contract and hefty transfer war chest to lure him to Turin.

Reports circulating have also claimed Juventus are now working on recruiting Benitez's backroom team if he does decide to leave Anfield.

Benitez insists he is not thinking about his future and is waiting to see who will buy Liverpoolafter American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett put the club up for sale last week.

The Spaniard admits Liverpool's search for new owners could decide his future on Merseyside.

Benitez told Premium Calcio: "The future? I just think about the next week, only of the sale of the club.

"I'm interested in who buys Liverpool.

"Resignation? I will have to wait for next week. I will talk to who will buy the club. We must wait."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6110590,00.html?

I've just seen a video of the interview in Italian and it's obvious that the SKY report slightly misrepresents it.

The facts of the interview are:
i. he claimed that he does not want to talk about Juventus
ii. When asked about his position at Liverpool he said that next week he will speak to Broughton about 'everything'.
iii. When asked if he'd resign, he repeated (in his usual fashion) that next week he'll talk to Broughton
iv. when asked if he's interested in who's buying the club, he said "very" interested.

Offline liddellpool

• Kopite
  • Tuned to a natural E.
« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2010, 11:47:35 am »
brilliant, thanks for that......makes a lot more sense now

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #368 on: April 23, 2010, 11:49:34 am »
Would Pepe have signed a new long-term contract with Rafa just about to fuck off out the door? I'm not too sure....
Smash it ??

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:02 am »
Just keeping his options open, I'm sure, don't blame him to be honest.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:22 am »
Would Pepe have signed a new long-term contract with Rafa just about to fuck off out the door? I'm not too sure....

The two are not neccessarily related. Pepe has a wife and 2 kids to think about, and who are by all accounts very settled in Merseyside. So maybe that is why hes signed a new deal rather then any loyalty to Rafa.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2010, 12:03:02 pm »
yeah, pointing to new contracts is a poor way to judge the future.

If rafa goes and his replacement has a storming first season (lets say title challenge and domestic cup win), these players won't just blindly follow Benitez to another club. They'll carry on playing for Liverpool.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #372 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:41 pm »
So in other words, whilst Benitez was delivering us European Cups, Fa Cups, European Finals and Semi Finals, a title challenge - basically in the hunt till April EVERY season he was here, strengthening the squad and getting the best out of a lot of players - you supported him.

One season of bad lack, bad performances and just an all round season to forget, lick out wounds and come out the other side stronger, you think he is suddenly not the man for us.

After one season in 6.

You really do make me sick.  Maybe not you personally, but the type of fan you are, that this great club is attracting a lot of these days.

Sick.

I really think this sums it up. A lot of people who want rafa out after ONE bad season seem to me like fairweather fans at the best. Wish the freaking media would give the Liverpool bashing a rest..im so tired of it as im sure rafa and most of us are as well...

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #373 on: April 23, 2010, 12:58:46 pm »
29 is also bigger then 18

Its also a completely different league.Ajax have 29 league titles too.
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2010, 01:02:23 pm »
Its also a completely different league.Ajax have 29 league titles too.

How about we get that Walter Smith guy next - he's won about 10 Scottish Leagues. Surely he can't fail to succeed in the English league? ;)

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #375 on: April 23, 2010, 01:20:48 pm »

After one season in 6.

Sick.
This
YNWA

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:16 pm »
if rafa does go, i will be absolutely gutted. he's OUR manager. sure, sometimes he does things i find a bit bizarre, but the man is a great football manager.

however, i don't think he will go, he's clever enough to wait until the right new owner comes in and then the mind boggles with what we can achieve. shitty season, NOT a shitty manager! in two or three seasons time we'll look back on this and see it for what it is... the result of two American idiots sticking their noses into something they have no idea about.

hoonin

« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »
Widespread reports

It has been suggested

Reports circulating

Good old Sky.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2010, 02:05:54 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6110590,00.html

Very interesting, "Next week" ??

What is going on then next week ????????

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:12 pm »
He meets with Broughton. Apparently Oli Kay has just said all the LFC people he's spoken to re Juve believe Rafa wants to stay.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2010, 02:17:04 pm »
It also irritates me that people are complaining we are not in the champs league or got knocked out early - there is one main reason why this is now seen as failure to not compete in the latter stages...

Rafa Benitez.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2010, 02:18:40 pm »

Monday - The press are still raving about our record 12-0 win over Burnley.
Tuesday - Even though our win over Burnley was a record win, Rafa is still under constant criticism and scrutiny.
Wednesday - Rafa thrashes out his feeling with Broughton and declares he has no desire to leave Liverpool for Juve or anyone else for that matter.
Thursday - On the crest of a feel-good wave, Liverpool dismiss Atletico Madrid 3-1 and progress to the UEFA Europa Legue cup final in Hamburg.
Friday - I have fishfingers, chips and peas and a strawberry milkshake for tea!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2010, 02:21:04 pm »

Monday - The press are still raving about our record 12-0 win over Burnley.
Tuesday - Even though our win over Burnley was a record win, Rafa is still under constant criticism and scrutiny.
Wednesday - Rafa thrashes out his feeling with Broughton and declares he has no desire to leave Liverpool for Juve or anyone else for that matter.
Thursday - On the crest of a feel-good wave, Liverpool dismiss Atletico Madrid 3-1 and progress to the UEFA Europa Legue cup final in Hamburg.
Friday - I have fishfingers, chips and peas and a strawberry milkshake for tea!

Milkshake any good ?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2010, 02:21:53 pm »
I saw a bird fly over my house today. It was a black bird, BUT It had a yellow beak. Now the Beatles wrote a song about a YELLOW Submarine. I don't think it's any co-incidence that a submarine goes underwater and there is WATER at the Albert Dock. Now in Coronation Street, there was a Character called Uncle Albert. Uncle is a name you describe a MALE that is related to your mum and dad. Now Juve is called the OLD LADY.. Rafa Is MALE. Someone in Juventus, walking his dog the other day was wearing a YELLOW T-Shirt and after he got home, his dog drank some WATER.

You join the dots..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2010, 02:27:48 pm »
I saw a bird fly over my house today. It was a black bird, BUT It had a yellow beak. Now the Beatles wrote a song about a YELLOW Submarine. I don't think it's any co-incidence that a submarine goes underwater and there is WATER at the Albert Dock. Now in Coronation Street, there was a Character called Uncle Albert. Uncle is a name you describe a MALE that is related to your mum and dad. Now Juve is called the OLD LADY.. Rafa Is MALE. Someone in Juventus, walking his dog the other day was wearing a YELLOW T-Shirt and after he got home, his dog drank some WATER.

You join the dots..

WTF are you on ?

Offline RedMarko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »

You join the dots..

So you're saying that, in fact  Juve are not looking to get Rafa, but we are looking for Zacherroni to come in as club medic to fix Aquilani before we retrain him as a keeper 'cause Reina, whilst liking the city, wants to play for Everton? Right?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #386 on: April 23, 2010, 02:35:36 pm »
So you're saying that, in fact  Juve are not looking to get Rafa, but we are looking for Zacherroni to come in as club medic to fix Aquilani before we retrain him as a keeper 'cause Reina, whilst liking the city, wants to play for Everton? Right?

Yep. It's as clear as day :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #387 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:06 pm »

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:29 pm »

You join the dots..

:)

At least you explain where your connection is.

More than we could hope for from Sky.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #389 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:51 pm »
I see John Barnes has given Rafa his backing.

I found this in a questions and answer thing on the World cup.

What about your former club Liverpool? It's been a tough season - time for Rafael Benitez to go?

No, I hope that Rafa stays because I'm not sure a new manager coming in and working with the same set of players can do any better. I think Liverpool over-achieved last year with Rafa maximising the full potential of the squad. So this year there were unrealistically high expectations. A new manager, given money to spend, might be able to do better, but if Rafa himself is given money to bring in better players, then I think he will do better too. So I see no reason to change the manager.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20042010/58/world-cup-2010-60-seconds-john-barnes.html

Well in Digger.

Offline RedMarko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2010, 02:39:45 pm »
Yep. It's as clear as day :)

Well thank fuck Hugo Drax is 99.9% sure to be buying the club - he has the money, power  AND know-how to sort this mess out. (Rumours of his demise via a redirected missile were inaccurate ;) )

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2010, 02:52:30 pm »
I see John Barnes has given Rafa his backing.

I found this in a questions and answer thing on the World cup.

Well in Digger.

Nice to see Digger resisting the grenade lobbed at him and backing Rafa. Good man.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2010, 02:57:59 pm »
Might still have some cash from their match fixing days...
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2010, 03:01:49 pm »

I've just seen a video of the interview in Italian and it's obvious that the SKY report slightly misrepresents it.

The facts of the interview are:
i. he claimed that he does not want to talk about Juventus
ii. When asked about his position at Liverpool he said that next week he will speak to Broughton about 'everything'.
iii. When asked if he'd resign, he repeated (in his usual fashion) that next week he'll talk to Broughton
iv. when asked if he's interested in who's buying the club, he said "very" interested.

Offline harring

• Main Stander
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:20 pm »
29 is also bigger then 18

Though how many of those did they win fairly?

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:24 pm »

You join the dots..

that's a pretty good Glenn Beck impression Andy..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2010, 03:14:58 pm »
"So I see no reason to change the manager"

Well in Digger.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2010, 03:36:44 pm »
Digger could teach a few other ex players a thing or two, great to see him back Rafa, and pointing out how we overachieved last season.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »
Well thank fuck Hugo Drax is 99.9% sure to be buying the club - he has the money, power  AND know-how to sort this mess out. (Rumours of his demise via a redirected missile were inaccurate ;) )

Or his floating off into space with a poison dart in his chest (if you haven't read the book and have only seen the film). Perhaps he could set his dobermans on Gillet and Hicks?

Offline RedMarko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2010, 03:50:22 pm »
Or his floating off into space with a poison dart in his chest (if you haven't read the book and have only seen the film). Perhaps he could set his dobermans on Gillet and Hicks?
:D