Author Topic: Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement  (Read 7231 times)

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement
« on: April 2, 2010, 07:12:55 pm »
Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=174199

"Since there is no draw, I am sending you Gabriele with two very good linesmen...".

This is the former referee designator Paolo Bergamo calling Inter president Massimo Moratti. The call was made on the 10th of January 2005 at 12:23, before the Italian League Cup match that Inter won 3-1 over Bologna.

This new evidence has been provided by Luciano Moggi’s lawyers who went through the thousands of transcribed recordings that might shed new light at the Calciopoli trial in Naples.
A.P

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Calciopoli: Inter accused of involvement
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2010, 07:14:12 pm »
*waits for the same phone calls but involving Mr Ferguson and the Premiership delegator*
psn = Lents123

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »
*waits for the same phone calls but involving Mr Ferguson and the Premier League delegator*

No chance ... They are using pigeons ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2010, 07:16:58 pm »
No chance ... They are using pigeons ...

Rooney and fergie

Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2010, 07:19:27 pm »
*waits for the same phone calls but involving Mr Ferguson and the Premier League delegator*
Ferguson is the Prem League delegator..
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2010, 08:00:07 pm »

Calciopoli: Evidence Regarding Inter Phonecalls Goes Missing - Report
Luciano Moggi's defence raise questions over alleged missing evidence involving Inter...
By Salvatore Landolina
24-Mar-2010 8:25:00 PM

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2010/03/24/1847449/calciopoli-evidence-regarding-inter-phonecalls-goes-missing

There has been another twist in the Calciopoli trial after new allegations regarding missing evidence came to light in the Tribunal of Naples, according to La Stampa.

It centres around alleged phone calls between former referee designator Paolo Bergamo, his secretary and Inter.

The court was told how Bergamo and his secretary spoke about a telephone call involving Inter president Massimo Moratti over a dinner he had organised in March 2005 to talk about refereeing problems he had become concerned with.

There was also an alleged phone call between Moratti and Bergamo.

But, when Luciano Moggi's defence team questioned Carabinieri chief investigator Colonel Auricchio, who was tasked with leading the 2006 investigation, he couldn't give an answer as to where evidence regarding these alleged phone calls had ended up.

The court heard that, despite the investigation, there was no trace of the evidence in relation to calls between Moratti, Bergamo and his secretary, and that it had gone missing suspiciously.

Suspicions as to the whereabouts of the evidence have been raised by Moggi's lawyers, who were keen to get an answer as to why the tapes could not be found.

The trial continues.

Many will remember Juventus had two Scudetti revoked in 2006 when the scandal came to light. Moggi also received a ban from the game which ends in the summer of 2011.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2010, 08:07:22 pm »
so would this more or less give those titles to roma if inter are guilty? any punishment for them in terms of points?

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2010, 08:23:58 pm »
so would this more or less give those titles to roma if inter are guilty? any punishment for them in terms of points?

it's too early to say.
i don't think they'll get any point deduction, but the probability that the 2006 assigned title could be simply revoked and not assigned to Roma

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2010, 10:27:41 pm »
October 27, 2008

Narducci, the public prosecutor in Calciopoli's trial: "Like it or not, we have never calls between the refs' chiefs and presidents like Moratti"

March 23, 2010. Calciopoli's trial. Interrogatory of colonel Auricchio in charge of investigations, in presence of the public prosecutor, Narducci.

Moggi's lawyer: "why we do not have any phone tapping regarding other teams' managers?"
Auricchio: "i don't know. i have no explanation".
Narducci: "the lawyer says that, but he can't prove nothing".
Auricchio: "all the phone tappings have been reported"

January 9, 2005. 12:53 AM, just before Inter's home match against Sampdoria

Giacinto facchetti (Inter president) calls Paolo Bergamo (refs' chief) about bertini, the appointed ref of that match.

Facchetti: «Hello Paolo it's Facchetti here».
Bergamo: «G'morning Giacinto».
Facchetti: «I'm going to the stadium. I told my men to treat Bertini with touch and condescendence. I told the players, i told Mancini and the others».
Bergamo: «You'll see it's gonna be a good match».
Facchetti: «All right».
Bergamo: «He (Bertini) comes disposed to  make a good match».
Facchetti: «Yeah, Yeah, all right».
Bergamo: «It's a challenge you'll see we'll win it together».
Facchetti: «I just wanted to tell you that i did it»
Bergamo: «You'll see, everything's gonna be alright. The team is having more and more confidence and is having good results, and it's good for their self esteem…»

January 10, 2005. day after the match

Paolo Bergamo (refs' chief) calls Massimo Moratti (inter's owner)

Bergamo: "President Moratti it's Bergamo here.."
Moratti: "I'd wanted to call you to tell you that i've seen this lad (the ref, Bertini) that really had a great match that really could end up in a big mess."
Bergamo: "Yes inter-sampdoria was the most difficult. Also the linesmen did a good job."
Moratti: "I told 'em after the match, "look, you were great", 'cause it was just twice... good to pick those, "how the f**k do you pick those"... they winked at me..."
Bergamo: "and now let's make a 10 positive matches in a row, ok?"
Moratti: "i wanted to call you yesterday after i went to see the lad (Bertini) that did great, but then i thinked it's sunday, and sunday you get calls of who's happy and whd's not ..."

PS.
INTER-SAMPDORIA JANUARY 9, 2005. FINAL RESULT 3-2. INTER DOWN 0-2 UNTIL 88TH MINUTE. 2 GOALS IN THE 5 MINUTES STOPPAGE TIME.

January 10, 2005. before inter's Coppa Italia (league cup) match against bologna.

Bergamo: "I spoke to Facchetti (inter president) to clench this friendliness that it's a thing you and i know, but the group (?) really appreciated the work we've done with Gabriele and palanca (both refs coming from a 6 months disciplinary suspension), and so i was thinking about getting them back in Coppa italia, one to Inter and one to AC Milan.
Moratti: "All right.."
Bergamo: "We wanted to give them a good chance..."
Moratti: "yeah, yeah..."
Bergamo: "Facchetti told me he agrees.."
Moratti: "all right. wednesday i'll go see him before the match"
Bergamo: "that will really delight him"
Moratti: "i'll go greet him"
Bergamo: "since that in Coppa Italia there's no ref's draw, i decided to send you Gabriele (the ref), matching him with two really good linesmen."
Moratti: "no, no, Gabriele has always been a good ref, really constant, i never had to complain..."
Bergamo: "a greeting, you'll see, will fullfill him with joy."
Moratti: "thank you. wednesday i'm there if it's needed, i go see him before the match..."
« Last Edit: April 4, 2010, 10:42:06 pm by the-lightning »

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2010, 10:33:34 pm »
So will Inter get stripped of the titles they were awarded.
Will they get a 10 point deduction?

Seems only fair if the above is true.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2010, 10:33:55 pm »
So the first post is a president saying, yeah thats grand we've never had any problem with this ref he's always been good?

Bitter much?
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2010, 10:34:45 pm »
does anyone in italy not pay off the refs??

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2010, 10:45:01 pm »
Hmm...
does anyone in italy not pay off the refs??
I am thinking, if they give the titles to Roma, then 2 years later, they will find evidence of them fixing refs and matches ;D

May be a small team should get the titles ;D

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »
So the first post is a president saying, yeah thats grand we've never had any problem with this ref he's always been good?

Bitter much?

not saying that those calls are unlawful, but are same kinda calls that caused Juve the serie B

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2010, 11:34:12 pm »
Well, if Juventus were punished, Inter must suffer the same fate. The truth will come out eventually.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2010, 06:40:57 pm »
Thursday November 25, 2004

Before serie A's referees draw. (linesmen were directly appointed and not by a draw, unlike refs)

Facchetti (inter president) calls Mazzei (linesmen chief).

Mazzei: «i'm driving to Coverciano (draw's venue)».
Facchetti: «choose them well for sunday night…».
Mazzei: «number one and number two. as i think Ivaldi and Pisacreta».
Facchetti: «Ivaldi and Pisacreta?».
Mazzei: «yes they're number one and two».
Facchetti: «all right, and referees' number one ...».
Mazzei: «yes, let's hope we're lucky with that fuc..g draw. let's hope we get number one».
Facchetti: «No, there they must not make the draw, they owe us...».
Mazzei: «how can you do that Giacinto? unfortunately you need luck».
Facchetti: «c'mon ...».
Mazzei: «i'll tell you. the draw is made by a journalist. they have to study a grid (of some refs to be drawn) and then odds grow».

the linesmen later chosen for the nov 28, sunday night match Inter-Juventus by their chief, were actually Ivaldi and Pisacreta.
drawn ref was Rodomonti.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2010, 07:10:09 pm by the-lightning »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »
The c*nts have a history of cheating so this doesn't surprise me.

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2010, 09:49:44 pm »
Italy is one of the most corrupt countries in on earth, no suprise it filtered down to football, its hardly new either. Inter were bribing refs back in the 60's as we all know.

I'm actually flabbergasted at the people who suggest everything is above board in other countries leagues. How can Football be the only Billion pound industry, that isnt corrupt?

One day something will be unearthed in this country. The net is already closing in on the gambling syndicates.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 7, 2010, 11:52:11 am »
First of all, these conversations happened in the 2004/2005 season, this scudetto after the Calciopoli trial was not assigned, we were given that of 2005/2006. Bergamo has always said that he talked to the president of every serie A team so it's not surprising that he used to call Moratti and Facchetti to tell them which referee would have officiated their games. Nothing new under the sun. What's inappropriate here is the officials of a football club talking to the referee designator but it was unfortunately a routine. The content of these interceptions hardly shows a sign of match-fixing, unless somebody really wants to see it. Inter-Sampdoria saw no controversial refereeing at all, it was just a spectacular game of football which Inter won with an amazing comeback in the last 5 minutes, you can judge by yourselves if our goals were suspects or not, what I just see here is a team starting to pressure the opponents in their own penalty box after cutting down distances and getting a reward for their efforts :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjboWrv_330

The same can be said about the Inter-Juve game in November 2004, it ended 2-2 and if anything, Rodomonti certainly didn't favour Inter as he didn't call a blatant penalty for a foul by Thuram on Adriano in the very last minute. If Facchetti supposedly tried to get a fair refereeing it certainly didn't work, people probably forgot that we ended the 2004/2005 season at the 3rd place with 72 points and that our 18 years title drought is also due to the scandalous refereeings we have been getting, particularly in the 1997/98, 2001/2002 and 2002/2003 seasons. Unfortunately there are no interceptions dealing with those seasons but I would love to know what was going on behind the scenes at the time.

It's quite evident these "new" interceptions are a dirty trick by Moggi's lawyers to redeem his client, they can't prove his innocence 'cause he's guilty as sin so they're trying another strategy, that is proving that other managers were just as guilty as him and they're trying to do the same with AC Milan but of course the press prefer to focus on the interceptions involving the Inter officials. The fact that these wiretappings have been published by the press disprove one of Juve fans' favourite points, according to them the Telecom (of which Tronchetti Provera was the biggest shareholder) had destroyed them and passed to the prosecutors only those involving Juventus. Needless to say, it's just one of their numerous delirating theories about the Calciopoli scandal.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 7, 2010, 05:04:02 pm »
Bergamo has always said that he talked to the president of every serie A team so it's not surprising that he used to call Moratti and Facchetti to tell them which referee would have officiated their games. Nothing new under the sun.

but why Moratti always denied he ever called the ref's chief?

The content of these interceptions hardly shows a sign of match-fixing.

not even Moggi's show that (unless someone wants to see that).
but surely such kinda calls are violations of the "loyalty" italian FA code, and i ask you why in 2006 inquirers corked their ears when inter managers were talking to ref's chiefs.

It's quite evident these "new" interceptions are a dirty trick by Moggi's lawyers to redeem his client,

for what is written in 2006 court verdict, it is indeed.

Moggi (and so Juve) were supposedly sentenced of conspiracy, along with ref's chiefs and FA managers, meaning that no other club were having the same unlawful conduct.

after 4 years instead, we're seeing that many other clubs including one beyond suspicion, that made his trademark of loyalty and integrity, were behaving in the exact same way.
and we're seeing that the whole system was based on such borderline behaviors.

Moggi's lawyers are only trying to demonstrate that he was not Serie A's master as someone wanted to paint, but that he was only one of the many.

The fact that these wiretappings have been published by the press disprove one of Juve fans' favourite points, according to them the Telecom (of which Tronchetti Provera was the biggest shareholder) had destroyed them and passed to the prosecutors only those involving Juventus. Needless to say, it's just one of their numerous delirating theories about the Calciopoli scandal.

honestly i'm more concerned about the fact that the inquirers did not mention those calls both in the FA and criminal trials.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 7, 2010, 09:31:35 pm »
March 24, 2005

Facchetti (inter president) calls Serie A referee Massimo Se Santis, before France-Switzerland WC qualifying match.
(Walter Gagg, is former FIFA Stadium committee chief, and then Inter's foreign realtions officer. close friend of Sepp Blatter and Facchetti)

that's the beginning of the call.

Facchetti: Massimo
De Santis: how you doin' Giacinto?
Facchetti: fine, and you?
De Santis: i have to congratulate. so you do take care of referees...
Facchetti: Eh... we'll see, but i think there'll be many people who's gonna take care of...
De Santis: alright, everybody takes care of refs, it's matter of the day
Facchetti: are you already in Paris?
De Santis: No, i'm leavin tomorrow morning.
Facchetti: because Bla.. ehm Gagg called me, he's gonna be there too.
De Santis: Ah, is Walter coming to Paris too?
Facchetti: yes he's coming with... and he told me he's gonna give you my greets.
De Santis: alright. if not, i'll give him mine.
Facchetti: however he's coming to salute you.
De Santis: he is happy. they've chosen the right place: France-Switzerland, he takes care of both of the teamsfor one reason or another...
« Last Edit: April 7, 2010, 09:33:07 pm by the-lightning »

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 8, 2010, 05:07:00 am »
These dialogs are like from movies. When is the movie coming out? ;D

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
« Reply #22 on: April 8, 2010, 05:21:27 am »

Haha, indeed. "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
C'est la vie.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 8, 2010, 08:22:48 am »

LOL Martin Scorsese should make one out of this, it'll be a blockbuster.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2010, 08:26:57 am by matchyg »

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 8, 2010, 08:28:10 am »
Tuttosport is running an organised campaign now, to reassign the Scudetto.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #25 on: April 8, 2010, 09:38:35 am »
Tuttosport is running an organised campaign now, to reassign the Scudetto.

What's the chances of this happening? And will Inter have any retrospective punishment given if found guilty a la 2006? Or is this all newspaper stirring?

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 8, 2010, 07:47:11 pm »

Inter's 2005-06 Scudetto Could Be Revoked - Report
The 2005-06 title could be revoked again, this time from Inter...

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2010/04/08/1869142/inters-2005-06-scudetto-could-be-revoked-report

By Salvatore Landolina
08-Apr-2010 4:02:00 PM
The 2005-06 Scudetto that was stripped from Juventus and handed over to Inter following Calciopoli could be revoked from the Nerazzurri, according to Tuttosport.

Inter received the title by default after the sporting trial into Calciopoli. The then FIGC comissioner Guido Rossi handed the Nerazzurri the Scudetto, but reports suggest that decision could be overturned, meaning Inter would lose that title from their trophy cabinet.

Rossi has now said that the federal organisations such as the FIGC were not obliged to hand Inter any title.

"The federal organisms can intervene with non-assignment when there are certain reasons in relation to sporting ethics," Rossi told Tuttosport.

"For example, when other teams have been found not to have behaved correctly."

As things stand, new evidence at the Calcipoli trial in Naples has led the Italian FA to have a rethink on whether to re-open the sporting Calciopoli trial of 2006 following allegations of phone calls involving Inter and the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »
I personally think that titles for those fixed years shouldn't be given to anyone. In Serie A calendar, those years should be labeled "black years" ;D

No really, it will be pathetic to give it to another team. Would it be even worth celebrating that title?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #28 on: April 8, 2010, 08:59:24 pm »
I personally think that titles for those fixed years shouldn't be given to anyone. In Serie A calendar, those years should be labeled "black years" ;D

No really, it will be pathetic to give it to another team. Would it be even worth celebrating that title?

I agree talk about devaluing the scudetto.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 8, 2010, 10:56:05 pm »
Inter's 2005-06 Scudetto Could Be Revoked - Report
The 2005-06 title could be revoked again, this time from Inter...

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2010/04/08/1869142/inters-2005-06-scudetto-could-be-revoked-report

By Salvatore Landolina
08-Apr-2010 4:02:00 PM
The 2005-06 Scudetto that was stripped from Juventus and handed over to Inter following Calciopoli could be revoked from the Nerazzurri, according to Tuttosport.

Inter received the title by default after the sporting trial into Calciopoli. The then FIGC comissioner Guido Rossi handed the Nerazzurri the Scudetto, but reports suggest that decision could be overturned, meaning Inter would lose that title from their trophy cabinet.

Rossi has now said that the federal organisations such as the FIGC were not obliged to hand Inter any title.

"The federal organisms can intervene with non-assignment when there are certain reasons in relation to sporting ethics," Rossi told Tuttosport.

"For example, when other teams have been found not to have behaved correctly."

As things stand, new evidence at the Calcipoli trial in Naples has led the Italian FA to have a rethink on whether to re-open the sporting Calciopoli trial of 2006 following allegations of phone calls involving Inter and the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.
So what is happenning with the Petition? Is it gather pace there?
http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/serie_a/juventus/calciopoli/2010/04/07-63083/Petizione+alla+Figc+per+la+revoca+del+titolo+2005-2006

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 9, 2010, 03:48:48 pm »
I just heard that Lucano Spaletti is involved in math fixing as well. It is going to stir some shit in Russia for sure :lmao

Spaletti was coach of Udinese back then my russian mates say. This is shocking stuff. Because if such a small club like Udinese can fix matches, then what to say about other teams of league. It seems match fixing all around. I do wonder why they even bother playing after so much fixing, it has to be boring.

Yet, I didn't read a single comment from Platini on this topic. Fucking disgrace.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 9, 2010, 04:01:58 pm »
Yet, I didn't read a single comment from Platini on this topic.

because its not happening in english - surprised he hasnt fixed the CL draw for inter like they normally do for the mancs

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 9, 2010, 04:02:37 pm »
October 27, 2008

Moratti: "I told 'em after the match, "look, you were great", 'cause it was just twice... good to pick those, "how the f**k do you pick those"... they winked at me..."

jesus. really makes me wonder about decisions we get here.

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 9, 2010, 09:24:31 pm »
but why Moratti always denied he ever called the ref's chief?

He didn't. This is an interview by Moratti, of August 31th 2006, in which he says exactly the opposite, today La Gazzetta published it again, unlike Tuttosport  it’s a more reliable and unbiased paper but even if you don’t think so, they just copied and pasted an old interview given to the Corriere della Sera magazine :

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Inter/09-04-2010/moratti-aveva-gia-detto-603587325050.shtml

This is the most relevant part :

Journalist :  “Moggi claims that also Facchetti used to talk to Bergamo (the referee designator)”.
Moratti :  “There’s nothing in wrong in talking to Bergamo, the difference lies in what it is said in those conversations”.
Journalist : “The less you talk to the designators, the better”.
Moratti : “It’s them who used to call us (presidents) to know whether anything was alright or not”.
Journalist : “So we can’t exclude that one day new wiretappings in which you are involved will come out…”
Moratti : “ They’re normal phone conversations, with nothing relevant at all”.

Back then it wasn’t forbidden to talk to the designators, NOW it is and the rule has been changed after 2006.

not even Moggi's show that (unless someone wants to see that).

Sure :

Moggi: "Hello."

Pairetto: "Hey, I know you forgot about me but I didn't forget about you."

Moggi: "Come on..."

Pairetto: "Hey I've chosen a great ref for the Amsterdam game."

Moggi: "Who is it?"

Pairetto: "Meier."

Moggi: "Great!"

After Juve v Djugarden 2-2.

Moggi: "What fuckin' ref did you send us?"

Pairetto: "Fandel is among the best..."

Moggi: "Yeah but Miccoli's goal was fine."

Pairetto: "No, he was in front of the defenders."

Moggi: "It was good, it was good."

Pairetto: "No, he was in front."

Moggi: "He wasn't, and anyway the whole game, he made a complete mess and..."

Pairetto: "You know he's one of the top..."

Moggi: "He can go fuck himself, I'm telling you Gigi, he can go take it up the ass. Trust me. Now careful with the Stockholm game, eh?"

Pairetto: "Gosh, that'll be a hard game..."

Moggi: "It's ok, we'll win... But with a ref like that... you know what I mean?"

Moggi then asks for refs in the pre-season games:

Moggi: "Send me Consolo and Battaglia for the Messina game."

Pairetto: "I've already picked the refs for that one."

Moggi: "Who are they?"

Pairetto: "Consolo and Battaglia I think."

Moggi: "And I want Pieri for the Berlusconi Cup, ok?"

Pairetto: "We didn't do that one yet."

Moggi: "Let's do it later then."

Pairetto: "Yeah ok we'll do that one later."

This is just an example involving the Champions League preliminary round and even a fuckin' summer friendly! It is even possible to compare these kinda conversation to the ones involving Facchetti? If you want I have another interception in which Moggi dictactes to Bergamo the grid of referees for a serie A round. Bergamo also admitted that Moggi gave him a Swiss sim card to communicate without being intercepted. I would love to know the content of those conversations.

but surely such kinda calls are violations of the "loyalty" italian FA code, and i ask you why in 2006 inquirers corked their ears when inter managers were talking to ref's chiefs.

Who tells you that they corked their hears? If all the interceptions are of the same kind of those you posted it's not hard to understand why they didn't considered it relevant.

Moggi (and so Juve) were supposedly sentenced of conspiracy, along with ref's chiefs and FA managers, meaning that no other club were having the same unlawful conduct. After 4 years instead, we're seeing that many other clubs including one beyond suspicion, that made his trademark of loyalty and integrity, were behaving in the exact same way.
and we're seeing that the whole system was based on such borderline behaviors.

I doubt the likes of Lotito and Della Valle used to call Facchetti to ask for favours to their teams, that any Inter officials ever locked Paparesta into a dressing room after a wrong decision against their team and that they used to call Tv personalities to manipulate the fans by fixing the replays and lead them into thinking that all the refereeings involving Juve were fair. I would also like to remind you that a minister of the Italian Republic once called Moggi to beg him to help his favourite 3rd division Sardinian team, why doing that if Moggi wasn't the mastermind?

Offline YouthGoneWild

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 9, 2010, 09:50:06 pm »
I just heard that Lucano Spaletti is involved in math fixing as well. It is going to stir some shit in Russia for sure :lmao

Spaletti was coach of Udinese back then my russian mates say. This is shocking stuff. Because if such a small club like Udinese can fix matches, then what to say about other teams of league. It seems match fixing all around. I do wonder why they even bother playing after so much fixing, it has to be boring.

Yet, I didn't read a single comment from Platini on this topic. Fucking disgrace.

In that interception Spalletti just asks Bergamo who the referee and the linemen for the next game are, it's brief and hardly shows any sign of match-fixing. Lazio's president Lotito today stated : "everybody has his own interceptions" and once again, the former designator Bergamo has always said that he received calls from every serie A team. The fact everybody called the designators to get a good referee can be also read as a total distrust into the establishment and not necessarily as the intent of match-fixing. If Platini will have something to say, he will do that for sure, I still have to figure out why people depict him as a big supporter of Italian football. It seems to me that he dislikes English clubs but not Spanish, French or Germans ones.

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 9, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »
He didn't. This is an interview by Moratti, of August 31th 2006.
Moratti : “It’s them who used to call us (presidents) to know whether anything was alright or not”.

italian:
Lei ha mai telefonato a un designatore?
"No. Ma posso aver ricevuto da loro qualche telefonata in cui mi chiedono opinioni".

english:
did you ever called a referee designator?
"no. but i may admit they used to call me asking some opinions"

you just forgot that simple two letters word.

and as we see in these days, the one who called the designators was not moratti, but was facchetti indeed.

Back then it wasn’t forbidden to talk to the designators, NOW it is and the rule has been changed after 2006.

Back then it was forbidden to talk to the referees (facchetti-de santis), aside from what was the argument of the call

If you want I have another interception in which Moggi dictactes to Bergamo the grid of referees for a serie A round.

just like the above facchetti-mazzei one, where he indicates the preferred ref (collina)

Bergamo also admitted that Moggi gave him a Swiss sim card to communicate without being intercepted. I would love to know the content of those conversations.

Back then it wasn’t forbidden to talk to the designators(cit.)

foreign operators cards can be wiretapped just like any others, after a request to the local police office.
bergamo also admits he made a few calls and can't even  recharge the card, and after the credid expired, he stopped using it.

Who tells you that they corked their hears? If all the interceptions are of the same kind of those you posted it's not hard to understand why they didn't considered it relevant.

they did'nt considered those calls "irrelevant".

in court they openly declared that "no one single phone calls between moratti and the designators did ever exist"

http://club.quotidianonet.ilsole24ore.com/misterx/calciopoli_parla_il_pm_narducci_piaccia_o_non_piaccia_non_ci_sono_mai_telefonate_fra_bergamo_o_pairetto_con_moratti_o_se

that any Inter officials ever locked Paparesta into a dressing room after a wrong decision against their team

this is false.

the same ref and the witnesses denied that.
and the police too closed the investigation.

and that they used to call Tv personalities to manipulate the fans by fixing the replays and lead them into thinking that all the refereeings involving Juve were fair.

OMG. you better describe Biscardi to english fans to show what level

I would also like to remind you that a minister of the Italian Republic once called Moggi to beg him to help his favourite 3rd division Sardinian team, why doing that if Moggi wasn't the mastermind?

because they were long term friends.
moggi suggested new managers (Cuccureddu) and players to Torres.
i don't remember any scandal or sentence involving that club and that former minister
« Last Edit: April 9, 2010, 10:31:21 pm by the-lightning »

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 9, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »
feb 11, 2005

Facchetti calls refs designator Pairetto about 16th CL KO round refs draw (against Porto).

Pairetto: so, 1st leg you have Paul Graham, and in Milan you have Hauge, norwegian. you already saw Paul. in Porto you have Paul...

Facchetti: " norwegian, never had him ..."

Pairetto. " you already had paul this year, very capable."

Facchetti. yes Paul, yes good"

Pairetto. " i'd say good honestly ... you? 'doin all right?"

Facchetti: have you made Trefoloni (italian ref) fit?

Pairetto. yes last time he did well

Facchetti. yes good yes

Pairetto: even there's been some mistake.

Facchetti: ok, thanks

Pairetto. alright Giacinto, good luck.

Facchetti. ok thanks

Pairetto. let's call back in a short time, you know let's keep those things for ourselves okay? those things shouldn't be public, you know.

Facchetti. okay i agree.

Pairetto. just a thing between you and me.

PS. feb 12, the day after, inter defeats roma 2-0, referee Trefoloni.

YGW, can you tell me why police investigator said in court that no calls between inter managers and refs designators did ever exist?
« Last Edit: April 9, 2010, 10:34:48 pm by the-lightning »

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 9, 2010, 10:52:28 pm »
I never heard Inter being mentioned among the scandal in 2006. If these questionable calls are true the least their names would have been mentioned? How did they avoid it if a more powerful club like AC couldn't with all their media etc?

Offline the-lightning

• Kopite
  • Juventus Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 9, 2010, 11:07:26 pm »
I never heard Inter being mentioned among the scandal in 2006. If these questionable calls are true the least their names would have been mentioned? How did they avoid it if a more powerful club like AC couldn't with all their media etc?

both former referees and refs designators always said that they referred those calls from inter managers to investigators, but they were replied that "we don't care about what inter did".

i can't say if there's moratti's hand behind that, but clearly in 2006 something dirty happened.

and you can't ground a supposed match fixing scandal on a such one-way-headed investigation.
the whole result is blurred and meaningless

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 9, 2010, 11:35:12 pm »
both former referees and refs designators always said that they referred those calls from inter managers to investigators, but they were replied that "we don't care about what inter did".

i can't say if there's moratti's hand behind that, but clearly in 2006 something dirty happened.

and you can't ground a supposed match fixing scandal on a such one-way-headed investigation.
the whole result is blurred and meaningless

What worries me actually is how Inter avoided any mention altogether. I don't know the full details of it of course but I have long believed Inter was absolutely above suspicion. There was never any talk of even phone calls etc being there or maybe I just didn't take that much professional interest. Well I hope you guys can sort it out, whatever it is.