Author Topic: Oh Campione.....bit sh*te really isn't it...  (Read 25262 times)

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
Re: Oh Campione.....bit sh*te really isn't it...
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »
Would have turned boss if we had a proper reason for the lyrics to work, ie winning something since we started singing it? Imagine if we'd won the league last year, we'd of had a reason to sing it all this season with proper meaning!

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:11 pm »
I used to like 'the best midfield in the world' but that doesn't really work anymore.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2010, 01:13:56 pm »
Also, now that we have three Argies, it might be time to do an LFC version of Sos Cagon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX-HP7V4aaw
Would like nothing more, great chant...

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010, 05:33:17 pm »
About SOS and RTK- think the problem is that some of the people behind RTK are now doing SOS stuff, and RTK fizzled away. Don't think there was a conscious decision about that, just people getting involved with other things, but thats just a guess!

Think that question has also popped up in the SOS  Q&A thread:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=252180.msg6664755#msg6664755

Interesting, cheers for that - so whilst the organisation might not be active anymore, it's good to see it's ethos still is.

Which leads me to my next question, at what point do we re-start making interventions to try and improve the seriously suffering atmosphere? Is it possible for SOS to lead on concurrently with the ownership issue?

Will post in that thread too.

Would be interesting to get a greek cypriot fan to post the lyrics to compare with ours, I'd bet there is a good chance the is about half the lyrics, that there is in our version, which is almost impossbile to sing slowly and rythnically in tune, as there are too many.

This seems to be where the problem stems from; poor lyrics which do not fit the tune and sound even worse when processed through the Kop BPM increaser.
JFT97

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »
Interesting, cheers for that - so whilst the organisation might not be active anymore, it's good to see it's ethos still is.

Which leads me to my next question, at what point do we re-start making interventions to try and improve the seriously suffering atmosphere? Is it possible for SOS to lead on concurrently with the ownership issue?

Will post in that thread too.

This seems to be where the problem stems from; poor lyrics which do not fit the tune and sound even worse when processed through the Kop BPM increaser.
The speed of songs is a serious issue yet again highlighted today when PST was ruined 3rd verse in by the Kop BPM rate taking a massive increase.

Course it wasn't helped by the fact that only a few were even trying to sing it. Therein lies another problem-those singing are trying to make up for those around being quiet and so there is a natural instinct to go faster to try and get others involved.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2010, 06:04:55 pm »
I used to like 'the best midfield in the world' but that doesn't really work anymore.

Word.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2010, 06:06:41 pm »
I'll you what.. I was moaning about the pace of songs last season but this I'm just glad to hear anyone sing whatever the pace.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »
The speed of songs is a serious issue yet again highlighted today when PST was ruined 3rd verse in by the Kop BPM rate taking a massive increase.

Course it wasn't helped by the fact that only a few were even trying to sing it. Therein lies another problem-those singing are trying to make up for those around being quiet and so there is a natural instinct to go faster to try and get others involved.

I just can't understand the reason why they are singing so fast. It's great that they are joining in and want to sing, but what's with the pace? If Spurs and Stoke can do it, why can't we?

These songs have deviated so far from what they should be some of them literally sound like a blur.
JFT97

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gX-HP7V4aaw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gX-HP7V4aaw&amp;feature=related</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/u0rMe2Vyb9E&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/u0rMe2Vyb9E&amp;feature=related</a>

They are both boss songs, would love to have them adadpted for us.

Up untill this year I havent been able to get to many games in the past few years and i am disapointed that the atmosphere is going from Anfield. When I get my mits on tickets I try to go in the Kop and i will sing my heart out BUT what I will say is it is hard to get the gists of songs whilst in the stands, I learnt them as best as i could using the song archive on here but with no beat to go on they are just words essentialy. This is just a sugestion but maybe if there are any youtube links to the songs on the archive people may be able to learn them easier and also if it is in a sticky thread in the main forum so more people can see them without having to look through the site(even though its easy to find).

Also i would like to know why people think its upto the Kop to get singing going? More to the point Blocks 304,305 and 306. I understand that it is our main stand but why cant people in the Centenary get some singing started? I have also been in the Annie Road and there are people in there trying to generate an atmosphere with simple songs like Liverpool clap clap clap Liverpool, We love you Liverpool ect but people dont join in. Main Stand i kinda understand why thats like a graveyard cos like my dad said to me its always been a weird stand.

My brother was telling me the other day that he was at the Auxure game in the late 80s i think(?) and he said that they were in the Kemlyn Road and they were making more noise than the Kop, there was only about 25,000 there and the atmosphere was electric. Pity we cant get a chanting competition going between the stands :(
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline LiverpoolFaCupFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:24 pm »
dont understand why some sections of the support sing faster than the YNWA coming out of the speakers, obviously it's too quick if you can here the real version...
"You come here to Anfield, you stand there and listen to that crowd, and it's the greatest sight in football."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »
dont understand why some sections of the support sing faster than the YNWA coming out of the speakers, obviously it's too quick if you can here the real version...
Because they sing so loud that you can't hear whats coming out of the speakers :)
Was in 304 today where exactly that happened, bit embarrassing when you finish singing the second verse and put your scarf back around your neck just to see the rest of the Kop still singing!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2010, 11:40:49 pm »

Yet another mystery....even when it's being played over the speakers, every stand in the ground sings it a different speed. It's being played on speakers FFS how hard is it to follow along?!

Don't get me wrong, when we get it right, it's poetic in its beauty

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I_crD6Oqsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1I_crD6Oqsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

It just doesn't happen often enough....I know that's a Champions League semi-final and it's impossible to sing it with that much passion for a 3pm kick off with Burnley...but still, you see less and less scarves on the Kop every week, and pockets of people not even bothering because it might be a bit too routine for them (that's just my annoyed guess).
JFT97

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: March 1, 2010, 12:35:25 am »
I just can't understand the reason why they are singing so fast. It's great that they are joining in and want to sing, but what's with the pace? If Spurs and Stoke can do it, why can't we?

These songs have deviated so far from what they should be some of them literally sound like a blur.

Maybe the emphasis needs to be put on turning it into a slow chant? Spurs and Stoke don't sing all of their songs at that pace, have you head Stoke singing Delilah? They mess it up as badly as we do Campione with the speed they sing it at, but when they know they're supposed to be singing something slowly it sounds boss.

Maybe using the same lyrics as always we could just make it slower, with a long 'oooooooooooh' at the beginning, a little like this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG9yj91u8oM

(sorry to reference Millwall, but it's the only example I could think of).
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 1, 2010, 01:14:06 am »

Pretty sure the origin of PST comes from this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezJkRDQmL2Y

thats at about 1/4 the speed.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #134 on: March 1, 2010, 02:25:08 am »
Anyone here go to the Lyon away game?

We did it for a good ten minutes, and it was class.
hi

Offline GoldenAgger

• Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: March 1, 2010, 03:59:35 am »
I posted up our version on youtube the first time it was sang! love that i've gotten some fame on this thread!

Offline Redsfan71

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: March 1, 2010, 03:54:51 pm »

Because they sing so loud that you can't hear whats coming out of the speakers :)
Was in 304 today where exactly that happened, bit embarrassing when you finish singing the second verse and put your scarf back around your neck just to see the rest of the Kop still singing!

Because of this thread, i gave particular attention to YNWA at Anfield yesterday from my block 208 position.

I did have a wry grin on my face as I was singing it along with many others around me at the same pace as the very very loud speakers, only to find that suddenly the centre of The Kop were ahead of our side and the speaker system. 

I know it can be loud in the centre sections but for YNWA and other songs our section can be and often is loud and vocal too.

So in conclusion it's now a confirmed fact that even with assistance we can't keep in time, might aswell give up, enjoy the games and support the boys in whatever way you think helps so long as it isn't that famous old song............ the sound of silence............:)
Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #137 on: March 1, 2010, 04:01:21 pm »
Because of this thread, i gave particular attention to YNWA at Anfield yesterday from my block 208 position.

;D good investigating.

I did have a wry grin on my face as I was singing it along with many others around me at the same pace as the very very loud speakers, only to find that suddenly the centre of The Kop were ahead of our side and the speaker system. 

I know it can be loud in the centre sections but for YNWA and other songs our section can be and often is loud and vocal too.

So in conclusion it's now a confirmed fact that even with assistance we can't keep in time, might aswell give up, enjoy the games and support the boys in whatever way you think helps so long as it isn't that famous old song............ the sound of silence............ :)

Would be good to get your opinion on this as you actually go to the game - now that it's confirmed we constantly mess up, even on our famous anthem, would you just be happy to give up and see things get progressively worse, as they inevitably will? Or do you personally believe that any planned intervention wouldn't work?
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 04:33:35 pm by GinKop »
JFT97

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 1, 2010, 11:55:40 pm »
Would be good to get your opinion on this as you actually go to the game - now that it's confirmed we constantly mess up, even on our famous anthem, would you just be happy to give up and see things get progressively worse, as they inevitably will? Or do you personally believe that any planned intervention wouldn't work?
to be honest it was the first time i've seen that much difference in the speed the Kop sing YNWA. (Or i never noticed it before). I think we mainly forgot about the pause between the two chorus bit though.

Another point is, YNWA is really slow compared to "modern" songs. Everything is much faster today. If i'td make it on the radio these days, it'd be much faster as well.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2010, 04:50:51 pm »
Ohhh  Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

You say "oh yeah, we won...
we should have won by many more
Rafa's got it wrong
And Gerrard's chin is on the floor"

Ohhh Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

You found the silver lining
And went looking for the cloud
Get your head out of your arse
And fire up this quiet crowd

Ohhh Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

"We've lost 10 league games this year
why is this happening to me"
It'll happen again, as it has before
Even under Bill Shankly!

Juuuust stop your moanin'
Yer doin me 'ed in
We're Liverpoooooool.

The club has got no money
And we're going down the pan
Now, start being a supporter
We've got no use for a fan

Rawwwwwk Stop your moanin'
It's just not helpin'
We're Liverpooool.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2010, 06:27:42 pm »
Was fucking murdered again today as usual ::)

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2010, 01:02:05 pm »
It's getting hard to sing along to just about everything nowadays though, PST gets butchered all the time as well. Then again, at least that means some are having a go at generating some sort of atmosphere.
......and could he play!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2010, 01:31:48 pm »
It's getting hard to sing along to just about everything nowadays though, PST gets butchered all the time as well. Then again, at least that means some are having a go at generating some sort of atmosphere.
Thats true but it could be so much better if we got the timing right and I think more people could hear the words and join in as well.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »
From a personal point of view, ie.. Actually being at the away games of late, I can't really comment because like I said I haven't been to that many. But most of the ones I've watched on TV etc.. Our fans have come over loud and clear with loads of passion.
I just think that most of our home support don't really get it.
I reckon we should leave it at that.

It's usually the case that away fans can manage to be a lot louder than you would expect if you were going purely by the number and the reason is not complex, it isn't that they are better fans than those at home, simply that its vastly easier for a few thousand to be a lot more coordinated than a stadium full.

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:28 pm »
Yet another mystery....even when it's being played over the speakers, every stand in the ground sings it a different speed. It's being played on speakers FFS how hard is it to follow along?!

Don't get me wrong, when we get it right, it's poetic in its beauty

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I_crD6Oqsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1I_crD6Oqsw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

It just doesn't happen often enough....I know that's a Champions League semi-final and it's impossible to sing it with that much passion for a 3pm kick off with Burnley...but still, you see less and less scarves on the Kop every week, and pockets of people not even bothering because it might be a bit too routine for them (that's just my annoyed guess).

Nothing better in football.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2010, 03:36:11 pm »
Ohhh  Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

You say "oh yeah, we won...
we should have won by many more
Rafa's got it wrong
And Gerrard's chin is on the floor"

Ohhh Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

You found the silver lining
And went looking for the cloud
Get your head out of your arse
And fire up this quiet crowd

Ohhh Stop your moanin'
You're doing my head in
We're Liverpooool

"We've lost 10 league games this year
why is this happening to me"
It'll happen again, as it has before
Even under Bill Shankly!

Juuuust stop your moanin'
Yer doin me 'ed in
We're Liverpoooooool.

The club has got no money
And we're going down the pan
Now, start being a supporter
We've got no use for a fan

Rawwwwwk Stop your moanin'
It's just not helpin'
We're Liverpooool.

;D

Think it was PST that was so fast at one point yesterday that we all just looked at each other and laughed. It was like a tongue twister, no way could I have got the words out in time. ;D Think it lasted one verse and then luckily we won a corner and the song changed.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."