Author Topic: Man city v Liverpool - Sunday 3 o'clock.  (Read 54448 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Man city v Liverpool - Sunday 3 o'clock.
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:06:55 am »
Big Big game this but I really fancy us to do these.

Years gone by city were a guaranteed 6 points a season, not no more, but considering our current run of results (arsenal aside) we are the form team out of the two of us, so we should be taking the game too them.

Benny may get a run out and Danny boy did well coming on against the piss pipes, so I can see either one playing some part. Lucas to start and pretty much the same team that started against everton, with the obvious exception of course.

Come on Redmen! we need this one.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man city v Liverpool - Sunday 3 o'clock.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:13:59 am »
I'm going to this one, and really looking forward to it. If we play well, we can win. It's as simple as that. Manchester City will have Tevez missing I believe, which is a real boost for us. Lucas will start, I agree. If we can keep Bellamy quiet (providing he plays), then I think we're in with a shout.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:15:03 am »
Do.not.lose.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 12:18:36 am »
id be so confident if we had nando. as it is....
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:00 am »
If we can get a draw from this then I think that will put us in a good position to get 4th. I very much think we will be setup the way we were against Arsenal, which is to play defensively and attempt to nick a goal. Don't think we will go all out to win the match (which we don't need to).

Offline Tweekage

• Legacy Fan
  • Please dispose of all waste properly
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:45 am »
             reina
carra skrtel agger insua
           masch
pacheco gerrard babel
       kuyt ngog

please :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:28:32 am »
If we can get a draw from this then I think that will put us in a good position to get 4th. I very much think we will be setup the way we were against Arsenal, which is to play defensively and attempt to nick a goal. Don't think we will go all out to win the match (which we don't need to).
I think we can do more than get a draw, I think we can win this. We just have to be brave, go at them and take our chances, of course. There on a bad run city and the last thing they need is to be playing us. We have to take the initiative.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:29:39 am »
Pretty sure we'll have Lucas back for Aquilani, Insua for Aurelio and Maxi for Riera. Lets see how Ngog's injury is, otherwise maybe Kuyt upfront.

Big game this, and will be very different from tonights - a lot tougher, and they will actually attack as well ;)
Need to get back to our hard and fighting mentality we had before.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32:02 am »
I think we can do more than get a draw, I think we can win this. We just have to be brave, go at them and take our chances, of course. There on a bad run city and the last thing they need is to be playing us. We have to take the initiative.

They have been ordinary at home in recent games and do look vulnerable, but it's hard to be positive and have any belief that we can go and win there with our recent away performances.

All our latest away games - Arsenal, Wolves, Stoke, Villa, Reading, Portsmouth, Blackburn. We've been lacking in creating much goalscoring chances in all of them. Defence has been solid for a few of the games but attacking wise the quality has been horrible.

It'd have to be alike to how we did it at Villa. Try to keep a clean sheet and then take whatever chance that comes.

I'll take a draw. We've got easier away fixtures coming up, which we should win. Home form is also imperative of course and where we need to keep picking three points from in the future.

They do have the advantage over us in the table and the natural instinct is to think 'win!', but we do have the easier fixture list coming up. We'll pounce on them when the time is right later on.

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:28 am »
             reina
carra skrtel agger insua
           masch
pacheco gerrard babel
       kuyt ngog

please :)

lucas will start and pacheco wont. do love the kid but a game this big he aint ready for. man city are playing very defensively under mancini so it will be a tactical game which will suit rafa and benefit us i believe/hope.
a win would be lovely and take a little pressure off.
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:45:52 am »

Oh we can win the game and can take the initiative. But despite our recent run we are not playing well at all, especially away from home, and I think our tactics will revert to the type we have shown recently.

Thus I think it will be a draw. In the grand scheme of coming 4th, I think that will be a decent result.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:46:19 am »
We'll go for a 0-0.

Offline NornIron!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:47:08 am »
This is huge, if we loose I think we will seriously, seriously struggle to get 4th
As poppy petals gently fall
Remember us who gave our all
Not in the mud of foreign lands
Not buried in the desert sands

In Ulster field and farm and town
Fermanagh lanes and drumlin'd Down
We died that violent death should cease
And Ulstermen might live in peace.

Offline superbakat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:57 am »
We'll go for a 0-0.

this and we will have 6 defenders on field 2 DMs and we will lose 0-2 ade and tevez.

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 01:05:27 am »
God I hope we twat these fuckers on Sunday.

I've never had any problem with City in the past, but this year their fans (or at least the ones I know) have become increasingly moronic. One lad I know has been leaving messages on my Facebook all day, even resurrecting the Bitters' old insult of 'Rafa Beneath Us'. He's convinced they'll batter us, even though they couldn't beat Hull a couple of weeks ago. And he then reckons they'll buy Gerrard and Torres off us in the summer because "we're the biggest team in the North".

Really, just fuck off you sad Manc twats.

3-0 to us will do nicely. Come on lads.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 01:06:18 am »

Totally understand what your both saying and you can't really argue against it other than our results haven't really shown what we are playing like, which is zero attacking form, but, and there's always a but,  if we can sneak one I think we'll do them, in fact (shock horror) I fancy us to get a couple against these. Well here's hoping anyway.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 01:12:12 am »
this and we will have 6 defenders on field 2 DMs and we will lose 0-2 ade and tevez.

Have a word with yourself. Anyway, Tevez is very doubtful.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:05 am »
I'm pretty confident will win to be honest, obviously it wont be easy however we clearly have the players with the ability to beat City. Wouldn't mind Babel getting a start.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline superbakat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 01:14:39 am »
Have a word with yourself. Anyway, Tevez is very doubtful.

Still we will lose.

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 01:15:24 am »
I'm guessing this:

Reina

Carra    Skrtel    Agger    Insua

Masch    Lucas

Kuyt    Gerrard    Babel

Ngog

Aurelio, Pacheco and Riera to come on at some stage. 

I'm confident we'll score, so it's down to how we can control the midfield battle and how we stand up defensively.  Will be 1-1 or 1-2, both would be acceptable! 

Gerrard is definitely "due", Kuyt the winner (if there is one).

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 01:16:27 am »
Still we will lose.
You're not very confident for this one lad are ye, how come?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 01:18:33 am »
Will Tevez be back for this?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 01:19:16 am »
I reckon we'll do well. Think we'll see a very similar team to the one we played tonight, but Maxi will start. Expect City to come out to prove a point and attack us, but I also believe we'll handle it. Despite our problems, I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them 2-0 or even 3-0. Not an easy game at all, but I reckon we'll win.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 01:20:28 am »
Will Tevez be back for this?
Back, front, arse. It's difficult to tell which bit is which.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 01:20:45 am »
I'm guessing this:

Reina

Masch    Lucas

Kuyt    Gerrard    Babel

Ngog

Good guess. I think it will be Riera and not Babel from kick-off, but agree with the rest.

Edit: Make that Maxi instead of Riera.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:58:15 am by Gnurglan »

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 01:23:55 am »
3 pts are an absolute must.

Babel deserves the start after today

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 01:24:06 am »
I'm guessing this:

Reina

Masch    Lucas

Kuyt    Gerrard    Babel

Ngog

I'd go with that, except Aurelio in for Insua, who could get very exposed if Babel is playing in front of him.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 01:24:09 am »
I tink Shay Given is great, so he is..

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 01:27:33 am »
I'm guessing this:

Reina

Masch    Gerrard

Kuyt    Aquilani   Babel

Ngog

That's the change i'd make personally.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:24 am »
Reina
Carra Skrtel Agger Aurelio
Masch Lucas
Maxi Stevie Babel
Kuyt

Bet Given has an absolute blinder.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 01:31:40 am »

He usually seems to against us. 

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 01:32:11 am »

He won't. He's not that good and he's no Pepe that's for sure.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 01:36:36 am »
He won't. He's not that good and he's no Pepe that's for sure.
I tink Shay Given is great, so he is..
:P :wave

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 01:43:07 am »
Spyin' Kop will be up tommorow lads.

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 01:50:31 am »
Shay Given never had blinders when we twatted Newcastle 5-1.

Reina

Carra - Skrtel - Agger - Aurelio

Lucas------Masch

Gerrard ---- Aqua -------- Babel

Kuyt

Won't happen, but i'd like it.

Subs: Cavileri, Insua, N'Gog, Riera, Kelly, Spearing, Pacecho.

Any news on Benayoun>?

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 01:55:15 am »
He's resumed full training.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 02:06:13 am »
We did well with hard fought wins against Villa and Spurs, we need to see off Manchester City to make a statement that 4th or better is ours.

A loss really hands them the initiative, but their back 4 is very low on confidence, so they are there for taking, if we go at them which Rafa rarely does away from home.

scrappy 2-1 win to us

Offline biratl

• Anny Roader
  • ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:46 am »
Still we will lose.

We're better off without gobshite fans like you.
If H&G told me the time, I'd check me watch at least 3 times.. twice to see they was telling the truth, and once to see if they'd stole it.

Offline superbakat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 02:26:54 am »
We're better off without gobshite fans like you.
really??!!

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 03:11:11 am »
really??!!
Back your argument up, why are we going to lose?