Author Topic: Banner - "We are focusing on supporting our manager"  (Read 104575 times)

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
Banner - "We are focusing on supporting our manager"
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:44:45 am »
Has anyone on here still got that banner?

If you have, or know who's got it, then can you please, please get in touch and try and get it out for Wednesday night.

We're at home to Tottenham, the knives are out for our manager and Sky are absolutely deperate for a story. They're desperate for us to get beat and they're absolutely dying to report that Liverpool fans have turned on Rafa.
The support a Stoke yesterday was superb, for both the players, the club and the manager; yet they've ignored it and still peddling the same old nonsense about his time being up and the fans are turning.

Wednesday night is our chance to show we're different, we're still the best around when it comes to backing our own. It's a backs to the wall job and time to be defiant in our support for the club, the players and the manager. By supporting them it also shows we know the problems lie elsewhere, without actually having to break out into a "Yanks Out" tirade.

We've always been a support that's supported; let's not change that now. Wednesday night we've GOT to be loud, proud, together and support.

Make that banner the centrepiece.

"THEY ALL LAUGH AT US, THEY ALL MOCK AT US, THEY ALL SAY OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED...."

YNWA
A Son of Shankly

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Re: Banner - "We are focusing on supporting our manager"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:49:28 am »
"Form is temporary, class is permanent."

We support our club,
We support our manager,
We support our players.
Signed, best fans in the world.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:54:24 am »
Great idea, I hope you find that banner
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:38 am »
Oh dont be silly.

We need to support the team the manager makes his own shit and picks the team.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:01 am »
Good post.  I've just watched sky sports sunday supplement and they all said we won't finish 4th and the rat from the sun (Mcgarry) wants to mind his own business its fuck all to do with him what goes on at our club and they can shove the news of the world poll on our fans about Rafa being sacked up their arse no one asked me about Rafe staying or going and I go to home and away games and have never seen anyone polling fans, so they got it from their uneducated readers and talkshite listeners.
 Lets show them all Wednesday, and roar the team on from start to finish we can do our part to raise our players game lets do it.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 10:10:59 am »
You'll Never Walk Alone loud and proud at kick off yesterday and they didn't say a fucking word!

As you said, knives out and desperate for the 'fans revolt', no doubt they'll be lurking around before the match looking for a nice collection of sound bites from whoppers. Get this banner our and show them we are different.
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:12:53 am »
Pretty sure I know where it is.

Offline Baz1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:47 am »
Its the players on the pitch that need the support.
Lets get behind the team on the pitch
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 10:16:06 am »
Very good Idea! Now more than ever we all need to support Rafa. He needs it. Players as well of course.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 10:16:45 am »
Its the players on the pitch that need the support.
Lets get behind the team on the pitch
Is it impossible to do both?

Sky and their agenda are just waiting for fans to turn. They're reporting that Stoke fan with the P45 banner yesterday as being a Liverpool fans and no mention of the songs for Rafa from our end yesterday.

With Wednesday's game being live on Sky and them being desperate for a story, it's the ideal time to stick together and leave them with nothing to report.

Support the players, the team, the club and the manager.
A Son of Shankly

Offline Dish shhh

• Kopite
  • It's always darkest before the dawn
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 10:16:54 am »
Oh dont be silly.

We need to support the team the manager makes his own shit and picks the team.

Put a little footnote in the banner, 'except Fordy!'
Brian Reade - "Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend. Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy".

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 10:17:50 am »
Pretty sure I know where it is.

Go get it CTR we'll show the gloating bastards how to support a team it won't shut the bastards up but it will let them know were behind the manager
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 10:19:52 am »
I'd like to see a giant banner with 'Sky Sports is shite' across it.

Anyone got one to spare.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:15 am »
Good post.  I've just watched sky sports sunday supplement and they all said we won't finish 4th and the rat from the sun (Mcgarry) wants to mind his own business its fuck all to do with him what goes on at our club and they can shove the news of the world poll on our fans about Rafa being sacked up their arse no one asked me about Rafe staying or going and I go to home and away games and have never seen anyone polling fans, so they got it from their uneducated readers and talkshite listeners.
 Lets show them all Wednesday, and roar the team on from start to finish we can do our part to raise our players game lets do it.

That McGarry is a shit stir.. he's a deceiving manipulating c*nt that wants unknowledgable fans to concur with everyting he tripes about.  When we get that 4th spot guranteed and win a trophy this or next year, i'll be the first one to let that fucker know.
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 10:23:20 am »

Anyone got one to spare.

That would be fucking epic.
Has anyone on here still got that banner?

If you have, or know who's got it, then can you please, please get in touch and try and get it out for Wednesday night.

We're at home to Tottenham, the knives are out for our manager and Sky are absolutely deperate for a story. They're desperate for us to get beat and they're absolutely dying to report that Liverpool fans have turned on Rafa.
The support a Stoke yesterday was superb, for both the players, the club and the manager; yet they've ignored it and still peddling the same old nonsense about his time being up and the fans are turning.

Wednesday night is our chance to show we're different, we're still the best around when it comes to backing our own. It's a backs to the wall job and time to be defiant in our support for the club, the players and the manager. By supporting them it also shows we know the problems lie elsewhere, without actually having to break out into a "Yanks Out" tirade.

We've always been a support that's supported; let's not change that now. Wednesday night we've GOT to be loud, proud, together and support.

Make that banner the centrepiece.

"THEY ALL LAUGH AT US, THEY ALL MOCK AT US, THEY ALL SAY OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED...."

YNWA

Well in BHB! I hope that the banner is on display on Wed night.

I was listening to the first half of the Stoke game on Sat and Alan Green was saying how there were 20 photographers with pink bibs, all focussing on Rafa throughout the game. Fucking ridiculous.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 10:23:48 am »
Well in BHB

Just watched ten minutes of pure lies and contradictions on the Sunday Supplement so had to turn it off, the primary lie being 75% of Liverpool fans have turned on Rafa

If you say something enough times....

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 10:25:42 am »
Well in BHB

Just watched ten minutes of pure lies and contradictions on the Sunday Supplement so had to turn it off, the primary lie being 75% of Liverpool fans have turned on Rafa

If you say something enough times....

I never watch that shite on Sly Sports. I have the channels for the matches, that's it. Don't bother with the sports news channel either. All a load of shit.

But unfortunately, your last statement is correct and the worry!

I hope we get this banner on display for Wed night.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:35 am »
Excellent idea for banners againest Spurs. The support for the manager yesterday was amazing and yet it's been totally overlooked to suit the medias agenda. Don't let the bastards win and lets all try and do our upmost to get behind the team and the manager this week.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 10:30:42 am »
Great idea with the banner.We must all support Rafa and the team.sick of all the lies from the media

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 10:30:52 am »

Anyone got one to spare.

I'd probably get thrown out of Anfield if I had one.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 10:31:57 am »
Thats BRILLIANT!!!!

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 10:34:10 am »

To quote Keegan - I would love it, if that happend.
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 10:35:38 am »
Great idea, hope the banner is located and displayed proudly on Wednesday.  Sky are smelling blood, let's not give them any satisfaction.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 10:37:34 am »

I'd probably get thrown out of Anfield if I had one.

Na they would'nt throw you out they would just avoid showing it on the box it might make the mirror back pages though lol

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 10:37:44 am »
Great idea. Wednesday night is a great opportunity to show these bastards that the vast majority of us are still behind Rafa. A 2 or 3 minute Ra-Ra-Ra-Rafa Benitez wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 10:41:16 am »
100% backing Rafa! But i know some fans are losing faith

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 10:42:09 am »
Remember the original idea of the thread is that we are supporting Rafa

This isn't just about Sky, fuckwits that they are, it's about the whole witch hunt throughout the media that just isn't letting up. The papers are responsible for peddling all kinds of shit at the moment but if they realise that we are different and aren't just knee jerk fuckers like the rest of the league then they might, might, leave off a little

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:43 am »
For the first 5 minutes of the match, straight after KO. Raaafa-Rafael-... Would do the manager, team and club fucking proud.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 10:45:15 am »
Great idea. Wednesday night is a great opportunity to show these bastards that the vast majority of us are still behind Rafa. A 2 or 3 minute Ra-Ra-Ra-Rafa Benitez wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Its a stupid idea it really is.

Weds night is about the lads beating Spurs not about Rafa.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:14 am »

Can't we do both?

Bigger picture and all that

Pheeny

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:25 am »

every game is about supporting the team and by supporting the manager you are doing just that.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 10:47:21 am »
just keep singing and chanting for the full 90 minutes,show the lads were still behind them

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:17 am »
i was going to ask this before christmas but was not 100% sure. Is there some sort of delay in  the tannoy system when YNWA is played. the kop are constantly ahead of the rest of the stadium?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:55:26 am by itsgunnabebarnes! »
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 10:49:53 am »
Excellent idea for banners againest Spurs. The support for the manager yesterday was amazing and yet it's been totally overlooked to suit the medias agenda. Don't let the bastards win and lets all try and do our upmost to get behind the team and the manager this week.
Too right , lets get behind him and show the lying media for what they are , and our so called (606 phone in ) tossers / supporters that we back him 100%.
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline SuperSub77

• Kopite
  • Scals aren't what they used to be
    • terrace ultra
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 10:52:38 am »
Did anyone else hear the caller on 606 last night who absolutely tore into them and the media? He was articulate and full of fact? Sounded like David Fairclough but it wasn't. If you read this, well in lad.

Here's a link to the podcast, it's the first caller on:
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/606/606_20100116-2056a.mp3
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:12:21 am by SuperSub77 »
"I was a teenage armchair Honved fan"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 10:57:10 am »
every game is about supporting the team and by supporting the manager you are doing just that.

Yeah but some just want to do it to prove a point and I think thats wrong.

Also think if foolish turning it in to a media battle. Would rather be singing the players names to be honest.

Offline 1892RedMatt

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:37 am »
Get that banner up, lets get behind our manager and our team. Its about time we shut those c@:ts on talkshite and slysports up. Out with the yanks

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

Also think if foolish turning it in to a media battle. Would rather be singing the players names to be honest.

Prove what point? That we back the manager and the man who represents our football club and city with dignity and class?

Too fucking right we should prove that point.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 11:02:04 am »

I fucking hope you're not going to the game

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 11:03:27 am »

Oh sorry. I thought this thread was about supporting our manager. My mistake.