Author Topic: Referees. Again.  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Referees. Again.
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:49:09 am »
Thought the referee in the first half was a disgrace yesterday.

9 out of the 10 50/50s ALL went Stoke's way.

So much for 'home advantage' - some of his decisions throughout the game were stunning.

I think there would be less moaning if the officials just got the basics right. Not sure what LFC have done to this fella - but he certainly appeared to have an agenda. And I wasn't the only one not happy. Gerrard had a few strong words for him at half time - but had to pull himself away before he got booked.

The League really does have issues.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Referees. Again.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 10:57:43 am »
Presumably the refereeing performance in the Burnley game provided some psychological respite for you Andy?

:)

Didn't see the game mate? Is he the first referee for them in 20 years that didn't try and throw the game?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 10:59:12 am »
Change the record.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 11:01:58 am »
Change the record.

No problem. Once we start seeing impartial, fair and even refereeing across the board, I'll be the first to shut up.

I'm not asking for favour. I'm asking for impartial, honest, correct refereeing.

Or do you think that's a stupid thing to want?

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 11:09:02 am »
Or do you think that's a stupid thing to want?

Of course not. Everyone would want it to be consistent. But it’s mainly a matter of opinion whether a ref has a good game or not. You don’t start threads or bump old ones when we get all the decisions in a game. Swings and roundabouts. Some weeks we get shafted and some we benefits. Deal with it.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:11:22 am »
I have to confess that I didn't watch the game either, but your friends from the north didn't get the swathes of decisions they have been getting previously.

Thought it might bring a smile to your furrowed cheeks.

they got two well dodgy decisions in the last few minutes. one very debatable throw in awarded to them that nearly led to a berbatov goal and rooney escaped with a yellow card for a chest high studs up challenge right in front of the ref that was a 100% red card

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
I have to confess that I didn't watch the game either, but your friends from the north didn't get the swathes of decisions they have been getting previously.

Get the fuck out of it, Rooney kung-fu kicked a player and only got a yellow, it was horrendous.
Also a dodgy throw in towards the end of the game, was clearly a Burnley throw but was given to United, the crowd were going fucking ballistic.  Not to mention the obligatory penalty for United.  The referee was hardly anti-United.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:45:07 am »
I thought the linesman were worsererer. The Ref does take some advice of a them from time to time, last night being no exception.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 11:46:55 am »
Get the fuck out of it, Rooney kung-fu kicked a player and only got a yellow, it was horrendous.
Also a dodgy throw in towards the end of the game, was clearly a Burnley throw but was given to United, the crowd were going fucking ballistic.  Not to mention the obligatory penalty for United.  The referee was hardly anti-United.

to be fair it was a pen.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:50 am »
Not to mention the obligatory penalty for United.  The referee was hardly anti-United.

dunno about the rest but that pen was stonewall

blake was silly but Jensen saved his arse
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 11:52:11 am »
I thought Walton was poor too. Did give them an awful lot of freekicks for nothing challenges last night, could have been costly.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:03:39 pm »
I never said it wasn't a pen to be fair, but I've seen stonwall penalties not given away from home, recently as well.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 12:09:39 pm »
I never said it wasn't a pen to be fair, but I've seen stonwall penalties not given away from home, recently as well.

What.. like at Spurs away for instance?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »

What.. like at Spurs away for instance?

Ekotto on Voronin was stonewall

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 12:29:11 pm »

Twas mate.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 12:59:25 pm »
I was actually going to post in the thread at half time that despite the fact we are winning, the referee has been shit. However, RAWK was being bombarded and struggling so I just forgot about it. But yes, he was shockingly bad, even the non foul that Lucas got punished for etc.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 01:58:10 pm »
I saw some brief highlights of the ManU game, and while the pen was warranted, that Rooney tackle was a fucking disgrace. 1st half at Anfield was irritating, and there were some non-decisions in the 2nd half that boggled the mind.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 04:04:22 pm »
Didn't think he was too bad to be honest. Better than on Sunday, now that was the perfect example of a 'homer' ref. Every 50/50 went Spurs' way, every Liverpool foul resulted in a booking whereas with Spurs we were lucky to even get a free-kick, and we had a stone-wall penalty denied more than likely due to the fact we'd already been given one (which was also stone-wall, so it wasn't a case of 'even-ing it out').
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 01:41:45 am »
So let me get this straight. The scorer of ManU's 1st and 3rd goals against Wigan should not even have been on the pitch had the law been properly applied in the Burnley game and he received the red card he deserved. The two players who combined to create Man U's second goal should not have been on the pitch - and Man U should have been down to 10 men at 0-0 (Scholes, having already been booked, should have received a second yellow card on two occasions whilst the game was still at 0-0 - a push in the face of a Wigan player, and a deliberate hand-ball; and yes, it was deliberate; should have been off. and then at 3-0 with 3 opening goals due to players who should not have been playing, Vidic hits Rodallega in the face in the penalty area - no red card, no penalty...

I used to think Andy was exagerating witht he Man U bias thing, but having seen the incidents that have occurred in their favour so far this season (and were only on gameweek 3) coupled with the blatant penalty denied to us at Spurs, I'm beginning to think he's actually talking a lot of sense.

But the League isn't corrupt.

No Siree Bob..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 01:51:41 am »
I used to think Andy was exagerating witht he Man U bias thing, but having seen the incidents that have occurred in their favour so far this season (and were only on gameweek 3) coupled with the blatant penalty denied to us at Spurs, I'm beginning to think he's actually talking a lot of sense.

Man Utds Penalty at home to spurs last season did it for me. Still can't get over that. Pathetic

And I agree Scholes could have had two red cards today. As the pat dolan guy on setanta said: "Howard Webb didn't want to get on the bad side of fergie this early on in the season"

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 03:21:32 am »
Most Referees are incompetent.

The rest are bent.

END OF....................................
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 04:07:14 am »

Angry @ Allerton

87:13

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 04:24:26 am »
It´s been clear for a few years now that Wayne Rooney can get away with whatever the fuck he likes.

This is my theory as to why. Remember 3-4 seasons ago when Rooney kept getting sent off and having loads of discipline problems? He was often suspended and always distracted during the games, Ferguson had to sub him off many times so that he didn´t get red carded. The FA, seeing that he´s thick as fuck and wouldn´t change his ways, basically ordered the refs to turn a blind eye, and soak up all the abuse, so that their precious golden boy would be more marketable, and would stay in form for England.

Rooney now, has the same temper, the same shocking tackles, abuses the refs and linesman just as bad (if not worse) than back then, but yet he never gets sent off anymore, gets yellows for horror tackles, and rarely gets booked for abusing officials.

Paul Scholes, as we saw today is another player who gets away with horror tackles all the time, even more so as he´s now slow and shitty. It´s quite dangerous really as he loves to slide in boots up.

Those are the two glaring examples where I am sure the FA have instructed officials to have leniency. Apart from that I think the majority is down to the fact that the officials feel very intimidated by Ferguson, and crumble under that pressure.

I don´t think the refs are biased against us, yes we get bad calls like at Spurs, but we have been bailed out many times by refs giving pens or free kicks on Gerrard dives. Off the top of my head I can think of 4-5 games where this has happened so it´s not a one off.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 09:42:37 am »
If any player other than Rooney puts a hard challenge in, it's called reckless.

If Rooney does an identical challenge, it's called passionate.

See the difference? He could murder someone on the pitch and only get a 2 match ban and a £1000 fine. Horrible twat.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:18 pm »
Just seen the Hibbert dive on MOTD. Dowd standing 5 feet away, and it is so clear that there is no contact, yet he gives a pen. This is the same ref that denied us a stonewall penalty at Spurs. Beyond a joke really...
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »
Just seen the Hibbert dive on MOTD. Dowd standing 5 feet away, and it is so clear that there is no contact, yet he gives a pen. This is the same ref that denied us a stonewall penalty at Spurs. Beyond a joke really...

Dowd is a fat joke, if I was his family then I'd be embarrassed, natural selection has its eye on the Dowd's and it'll find a way to get them out of the human gene pool.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 10:43:32 am »
Was Dowd the ref when we played Atletico a couple of weeks back, and we should have had 2 or 3 penalties?

What is it with him and penalties?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline carraggeriise

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 12:13:42 pm »

Was never ever going to be given. 3-0 up at home maybe

Not when youve already had one, 2-1 down away. Especially from the fucking Grade A twat the is Phil Dowd
Instant Karmas gonna get you

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 11:13:41 pm »
Thought the ref had a good game tonight. . .
Bored of manufactured consent

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 11:17:31 pm »
I don't understand the stick the referee was getting today, I didn't think he did much wrong. It was more the crowd just taking their frustration out on him.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 11:21:11 pm »
Don't think he gave Torres much protection he was getting lumps kicked out at him, but to be fair be booked players who mouthed off and kicked the ball away.

Would prefer refs to do that more often, might keep some bad attitudes in check.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 11:23:02 pm »
Don't think he gave Torres much protection he was getting lumps kicked out at him, but to be fair be booked players who mouthed off and kicked the ball away.

Yeah but Nando did go down easily a few times under no challenge at all today. But maybe that was out of hope for something since he wasn't getting anything from the ref? I dunno.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 11:24:00 pm »
Just got back, he was absolute shite.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 11:36:50 pm »
Yeah i thought he was crap as well. Torres got battered tonight. Also again no pen, Kuyt was barged over in the box in a last ditch piece of defending and he bricked it.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 11:45:23 pm »
Told Torres to get up and let play go on when Nando clearly took an elbow to his head. Didn't stop Villa from wasting time and even helped them do so by saying the corner should be taken from the other side if I saw that correctly...

Anyway, Atkinson is one of the worst refs in the league, so today's performance wasn't anything unusual...

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 12:26:18 am »
Aye, they should all be shot with shite the whole lot of the sons of fucking bitches.

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:23 am »
Torres was targeted tonight and the referee offered no protection at all. Beye elbowed him at least and there were countless others too.
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 07:46:21 am »
Thought the referee was amazingly bad again last night, again in the first half it would be laughable if the league wasn't so corrupt.

I honestly think that English football is officially dead. The whole thing just seems rigged now in every game.

Not sure how long it can survive - nothing more pointless than a game which is being ruined week in week out by officials.

I'm honestly (Like, I imagine a lot of football fans around the country) thinking of walking away from it and finding a sport that is that. A sport.

Offline KarlHungus

• Kemlynite
  • Ich Bin Expert
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 08:30:43 am »
Would be appreciated if anyone could tell me how referees are chosen for certain matches in the premier league.

In the Serie A during the 1984/1985 season referees were assigned to matches by way of a random draw instead of being assigned to a specific match by a special commission of referees ('designatori arbitrali'). After the betting scandal of the early eighties (the 'calcioscommesse' scandal) it had been decided to clean up the image of Italian football by assigning referees randomly instead of picking them, in order to clear up all the suspicions and accusations always accompanying Italy's football life.

Guess who won the league?

Verona.

Of course since this is Italy this system was used for only one season.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 09:28:28 am »
thought the referee was not great at all last night
the penalty decision was right, but he missed quite a few elbows in the back of torres' neck and seemed to give Villa freekicks willy nilly in the first 45
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England