City ready to lure Carlos Tevez and Samuel Eto'o• City ready to move for Tevez if United fail to agree deal• Eto'o to be sold unless he signs an extension with BarcelonaAndy HunterThe Guardian, Thursday 4 June 2009Mark Hughes has confirmed Manchester City are ready to move for Carlos Tevez should Manchester United fail to agree a permanent £25.5m deal for the Argentina striker, with the world's wealthiest club also keen to exploit uncertainty surrounding Samuel Eto'o's future at Barcelona.Kia Joorabchian, the head of the consortium that owns Tevez's economic rights, held a two-hour meeting yesterday with the United chief executive, David Gill, aware that City are waiting in the wings should he decide to invite rival offers for the 25-year-old. The talks were described as "cordial" and ended with Joorabchian returning to London to consider United's long-awaited offer. The club had previously asked Joorabchian to reduce the £25.5m fee that was agreed when the Argentinian moved to Old Trafford on loan in 2007, a request that left the striker, according to a representative, feeling "humiliated".Joorabchian will now put United's proposal to Tevez before informing Gill whether they have a deal, although a final decision is not expected until after Argentina's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Colombia on Saturday and Ecuador next Wednesday. The striker is currently in Argentina preparing for Saturday's game in Buenos Aires and is known to want to remain in England, and preferably the north-west, if the United deal collapses.City will lead a host of clubs keen to sign Tevez should the opportunity arise and Hughes, has revealed his club is ready to follow their surprise capture of Gareth Barry with the Old Trafford forward. "Carlos Tevez is a good player. If good players become available then obviously every manager is interested," he said.Hughes' wealthy employers are also believed to be interested in luring the European champion Eto'o to Eastlands, with the Cameroon striker yesterday given an ultimatum by the Barcelona coach, Pep Guardiola, to end his contractual stand-off with Barcelona. Eto'o enters the final 12 months of his current deal this summer and is likely to be sold if an extension cannot be agreed. The Barcelona president, Joan Laporta, said: "Samuel has a contract and we're very happy with him. We want him to continue with us and for him to retire in the Barça shirt. But the market is very dynamic and there could be surprises. He's a wanted man and we know he'll receive offers." Everton defender Joleon Lescott is another target for City, although Goodison Park officials will resist any bid for the England international.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/04/manchester-city-united-carlos-tevez-samuel-etoo-barcelona
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...
Eto'o isnt like Robinho ..he isnt money minded.I can bet anything that he will not leave Barca.And,this move isnt a suprise move by City.
Eto'o's won everything he can with Barca- numerous times as well- couple of CL's, few leagues, 1-2 domestic cups, 1-2 Golden boots... I wouldn't be surprised to see him move, I would be a tad surprised if he went to Man City though.
It would be time to start taking notice of City if Eto'o goes there.
Sorry this is the same Etoo who went to Qatar to play for the summer?? And I'll bet money wasnt behind that move either
He's off to Bunyodkor.
Page created in 0.153 seconds with 16 queries.
[Server Load: 1.26]