Author Topic: Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg - 5th and 6th May  (Read 139217 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg - 5th and 6th May
« Reply #4160 on: May 8, 2009, 05:43:59 pm »
how did that go unnoticed? and how comes none of the other foul rag told that story?

i guess because man united would probably make that papers life difficult, plus printing a story like that so close to the munich anniversary would be seen by many as being in bad taste, no matter if it was true or not

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4161 on: May 8, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
how did that go unnoticed? and how comes none of the other foul rag told that story?
i remember that story alright..
shameful..

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #4162 on: May 8, 2009, 07:36:58 pm »

Guys, Daniel Taylor is Manchester United's house servant at the Guardian. He was given that scoop by sources at the club when it looked like Ronaldo was going to go to Madrid, in order to taint him in the eyes of  the fans. Turned out he didn't go after all, and the mancs have forgiven him for treating Munich with such contempt. Now he is their hero again, and Daniel Taylor is still the mancs house dog at the Guardian doing their PR for them.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Parpello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4163 on: May 8, 2009, 09:08:17 pm »
Just watched a re-run of the match on sly & i've got to say it was pure comedy gold, as for Drogba what a fucking drama queen, he seemed to have one eye on the ref & the other on the cameras.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4164 on: May 8, 2009, 10:08:18 pm »
This thread is as hilarious as Garstonite's Grifter thread or djphal's email scam thread. Credit to all the wizards that have posted funny images but most of all to stevenl with the initial Catch the Pigeon image which made me giggle until one o'clock in the morning on Tuesday night, then followed by the others he posted which made Chelsea's exit much more enjoyable.
This is why RAWK is brilliant.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #4165 on: May 8, 2009, 10:12:27 pm »
This thread is as hilarious as Garstonite's Grifter thread or djphal's email scam thread. Credit to all the wizards that have posted funny images but most of all to stevenl with the initial Catch the Pigeon image which made me giggle until one o'clock in the morning on Tuesday night, then followed by the others he posted which made Chelsea's exit much more enjoyable.
This is why RAWK is brilliant.
I was just saying the same to my Missus. I just showed her a few of the gif thingy bobs that were posted, and she thought that they were hilarious.

Offline Rigga

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4166 on: May 8, 2009, 10:15:56 pm »
I was just saying the same to my Missus. I just showed her a few of the gif thingy bobs that were posted, and she thought that they were hilarious.

It's sorted my swine flu out good style

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4167 on: May 9, 2009, 12:23:21 am »
Not only do I not hate him, I actually quite like him. He's a good role model in that team and the one player all their young fans need to look up to. Sadly, they have utter pricks like Terry and Dropba as well.

Saying that, your team are hardly low on twat stakes. That Ronaldo story about the Munich anniversary interview with Rooney was absolutely disgusting.

Do you know what Baz? I think you may well be right. He's the only Chelsea player to come out this 'incident' with their reputation enhanced in my eyes. Hats off to him.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4168 on: May 9, 2009, 02:09:17 am »
Do you know what Baz? I think you may well be right. He's the only Chelsea player to come out this 'incident' with their reputation enhanced in my eyes. Hats off to him.

He's been like that whenever I've seen him actually- fair in defeat and victory. And it can't be easy to keep your emotions in check with pricks like Terry and Dropba jumping around like lunatics.

Oh, and was it me or did Dropba get shot twice in that match? The way he threw himself to the floor in frustration after the first penalty decision was waved away... Fucking despicable shite twat. You get the impression he'd dive and writhe around like a fucking fish if he was playing football for a laugh with his kids.

I hope the next time we face them, Agger takes a chunk out the cuntt.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: May 9, 2009, 11:55:27 am »
So has anyone gotten around to putting that game on to digital format for download yet? It's so far one of my favourite games ever for the sheer drama, high stakes, and the surreal finish of it.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline sunny_LFC

• Internet Terrorist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4170 on: May 9, 2009, 12:02:59 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkhQZNHcxmE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VkhQZNHcxmE</a>

Been posted yet? Apologies if so!

Edit: Not sure how to post videos! Got it on the 4th attempt.

:lmao :wellin
Quote from: liverpoolway forum user
They lock everything on RAWK, unless it's some long winded, pretentious 'tactical' assessment or a pithy in joke from one of their mates.
"my secretary Sheila said to me that the ball had crossed the line,  that was good enough for me"

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4171 on: May 9, 2009, 12:09:31 pm »
.... and the fact that the whole match and what happened just after made it one of the funniest football matches in recent history!!!
I know I was so happy when Barcelona scored, I was going crazy. I really didn't think it would happen as everything was against Barca, the statistics(75% that Chelsea go through I guess statistics is a load of rubbish anyway), the stadium, and being down to 10 men.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4172 on: May 9, 2009, 12:18:16 pm »
So has anyone gotten around to putting that game on to digital format for download yet? It's so far one of my favourite games ever for the sheer drama, high stakes, and the surreal finish of it.

I thought it was shite. In fact, the whole set of 4 semis were. As for sheer drama and high stakes... really? I can't get that 'involved' unless it's Liverpool playing. Although I have to admit, that Villa Man U match came close- was fucking gutted with that result.

Saying that, you're the weirdo who likes F1 drivers not to overtake and rather, pass in the pits right?!  :D

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4173 on: May 9, 2009, 12:39:06 pm »
I thought it was shite. In fact, the whole set of 4 semis were. As for sheer drama and high stakes... really? I can't get that 'involved' unless it's Liverpool playing. Although I have to admit, that Villa Man U match came close- was fucking gutted with that result.

Saying that, you're the weirdo who likes F1 drivers not to overtake and rather, pass in the pits right?!  :D

I don't mind overtaking sometimes these days it looks too simple but you know, passing via the pits requires maximum concentration over 50 laps, and it's a collective effort of the whole team. Anyway I'm really inspired by this Chelsea-Barcelona game, Iniesta's goal I've seen 10 times. A reminder to never give up.  ;D

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4174 on: May 9, 2009, 12:47:31 pm »
Anyway I'm really inspired by this Chelsea-Barcelona game, Iniesta's goal I've seen 10 times. A reminder to never give up.  ;D

Is that all? I must have watched about 100 times, through various Youtube clips and languages. Listening to the Latin commentators erupt is just.. well... spine tingling   :)

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #4175 on: May 9, 2009, 02:03:13 pm »
Was reading the london life on the tube yesterday.

There was a big article in it claiming yet more conspiracy theories.

The article claimed that uefa had released a match report about 90 mins before the game on their website, stating that the score would be 1-1, and that barcelona would equalise very late on. It also said that the early match report got 3 out of the 4 chelsea players who were booked correct too.

Wish I could have found it online somewhere, but the article was absolutely riduculous. As if UEFA would rig the match, and release a report on it, before they did so.

Unbelievable the lengths these rent boys are going to point towards conspiracy.
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4176 on: May 9, 2009, 02:22:57 pm »
Was reading the london life on the tube yesterday.

There was a big article in it claiming yet more conspiracy theories.

The article claimed that uefa had released a match report about 90 mins before the game on their website, stating that the score would be 1-1, and that barcelona would equalise very late on. It also said that the early match report got 3 out of the 4 chelsea players who were booked correct too.

Wish I could have found it online somewhere, but the article was absolutely riduculous. As if UEFA would rig the match, and release a report on it, before they did so.

Unbelievable the lengths these rent boys are going to point towards conspiracy.

The renties should also try explaining why Abidal was wrongly sent off. Why Ballack wasn't sent off in the 1st leg and why Barca were denied a stonewall pen in the 1st leg.

That pretty much evens it out at 3 big dcesions for Chelsea and 3 against. Chelsea should blame themselves for nto being able to keep possesion against 10 men.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4177 on: May 9, 2009, 02:29:06 pm »
Is that all? I must have watched about 100 times, through various Youtube clips and languages. Listening to the Latin commentators erupt is just.. well... spine tingling   :)

Yep, I've got it bookmarked for a random click just to raise a smile, you know, whenever. The expression on Coles face needs to be gif'd.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4178 on: May 9, 2009, 02:31:39 pm »
I don't mind overtaking sometimes these days it looks too simple but you know, passing via the pits requires maximum concentration over 50 laps, and it's a collective effort of the whole team. Anyway I'm really inspired by this Chelsea-Barcelona game, Iniesta's goal I've seen 10 times. A reminder to never give up.  ;D

One reminder of many... you are a Liverpool supporter afterall (I assume?!)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4179 on: May 9, 2009, 02:33:42 pm »

This one is the best. Put your headphones on and they'll break your eardrums with their screams the commentators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVcTYPIebM

KAISERSLAUTERN!!! KAISERSLAUTERN!! KAISERSLAUTEN!!!!

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #4180 on: May 9, 2009, 02:57:12 pm »
This one is the best. Put your headphones on and they'll break your eardrums with their screams the commentators.

I shall bookmark this to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down.

Love it when the commentator's voice breaks up from shouting so much.
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline Djimis Telescopic Leg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4181 on: May 9, 2009, 03:03:22 pm »

:lmao What the fuck?!

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4182 on: May 9, 2009, 03:09:58 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-4NpWO4ObU&feature=related

This one is hilarious as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-4NpWO4ObU&feature=related

The commentator is saying, "Cry, Cole, Cry Malouda, Cry Cech", lol.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4183 on: May 9, 2009, 03:12:37 pm »

The fatness of the ref. The fact that Barca were dominated.

Do you mean dominated by the 29% possesion which they had?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4184 on: May 9, 2009, 03:21:17 pm »

;D

Ashley Cole's reaction was priceless aswel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4185 on: May 9, 2009, 03:27:13 pm »
I would rather create more goalscoring chances than comfort myself in possession statistics and percentages.

Thats true, but you don't dominate a match when you can't even get the ball. Chelsea over 180 minutes could hardly get the ball.

When you have 29% possesion of the ball in a football match, it's fair to say "you were dominated", rather than "you dominated"

They were much the better team. We know Barca pass and keep the ball well. Its their strength. But the games about creating and scoring chances and had Chelsea been more clinical, they would have won the match that they deserved.

But they didnt and I am glad that they didnt, despite the fact that Chelsea were in my opinion, a better bet to beat Utd in the final.

And had Barca been more clinical in the 1st leg, they would have won 3/4-1. But they didn't either.

The better football team over 180 mins went through to the final.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4186 on: May 9, 2009, 03:27:20 pm »
:lmao What the fuck?!

In 1992 in the second round Barca were 3 - 0 down against Kaiserslautern. Barca had won the first leg 2 - 0 and were on their way out of the European Cup. Bakero scored in the 89th minute to send Barca through, and they went on to win their first European Cup at Wembley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5XOnrm0KLA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4187 on: May 9, 2009, 03:27:55 pm »
That Iniesta goal is still lovely to watch.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4188 on: May 9, 2009, 03:29:56 pm »
Thats true, but you don't dominate a match when you can't even get the ball. Chelsea over 180 minutes could hardly get the ball.

When you have 29% possesion of the ball in a football match, it's fair to say "you were dominated", rather than "you dominated"

And had Barca been more clinical in the 1st leg, they would have won 3/4-1. But they didn't either.

The better football team over 180 mins went through to the final.

Barcelona are the best footballing side in Europe. As a complete package however, both ourselves and Utd and still my opinion Chelsea, are better teams!

Offline AnotherSpanishfan

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4189 on: May 9, 2009, 03:32:51 pm »
Barcelona are the best footballing side in Europe. As a complete package however, both ourselves and Utd and still my opinion Chelsea, are better teams!

I'll go with titles won once the season ends.  At the end, that's what matters isn't it?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: May 9, 2009, 03:34:58 pm »
I'll go with titles won once the season ends.  At the end, that's what matters isn't it?

Oh indeed. If Barcelona go onto win the Champions League then they will rightly be the best team in Europe at this moment in time. It will have shown that they were able to come out matches against both Chelsea and Utd as winners.

If they dont then I dont think anyone can realistically say that they are at this moment in time.

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4191 on: May 9, 2009, 03:36:27 pm »
Oh indeed. If Barcelona go onto win the Champions League then they will rightly be the best team in Europe at this moment in time. It will have shown that they were able to come out matches against both Chelsea and Utd as winners.

If they dont then I dont think anyone can realistically say that they are at this moment in time.

In that case they'd be the second best team in Europe behind the Mancs.

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4192 on: May 9, 2009, 03:41:23 pm »

First class  :thumbup
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: May 9, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »
In that case they'd be the second best team in Europe behind the Mancs.

Meh, i dont know about that. Getting to the final and actually having the capacity to win the whole thing are 2 completely different things.

They got through the Chelsea match but in my opinion were fortunate to do so. I believe that you can count yourself as lucky once, but if you do it twice then its genuine.

If they win the Champions League then they will have toppled two of the best teams which shows a great side. Any team can be beaten once but to beat 2 top sides requires a genuine quality and team strength.Barcelona will be crowned the best team in Europe if they win the Champions League but if they dont then they will have failed to do so and dont by default go to 2nd place.

As it stands now, I still think that its out of us and Utd, in my opinion. One of my biggest regrets this season was that we never had a go at Barcelona. I think we are the superior team and I wouldnt lose any sleep if we played them tomorrow at the Nou Camp, there is no one there that scares me.

But yes I will concede that they are the best and better than us if they win it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4194 on: May 9, 2009, 03:54:59 pm »

As it stands now, I still think that its out of us and Utd, in my opinion. One of my biggest regrets this season was that we never had a go at Barcelona. I think we are the superior team and I wouldnt lose any sleep if we played them tomorrow at the Nou Camp, there is no one there that scares me.

The reason we didn't get a chance to play Barca is cos we got twatted by Chelsea at Anfield. We conceeded 3 away goals to Chelsea and were luck it wasn't 6.

Barca handled Chelsea much more easily than we did.

I would say we are top 4 in Europe definatley though, however, wether we are 3rd or 4th is up for debate between us and Chelsea. But in saying that, the season is not over, and United may still bottle the league.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4195 on: May 9, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
The reason we didn't get a chance to play Barca is cos we got twatted by Chelsea at Anfield. We conceeded 3 away goals to Chelsea and were luck it wasn't 6.

Barca handled Chelsea much more easily than we did.

I would say we are top 4 in Europe definatley though, however, wether we are 3rd or 4th is up for debate between us and Chelsea. But in saying that, the season is not over, and United may still bottle the league.

Just because Barca handled Chelsea well doesnt mean that we automatically will get beaten by Barca.

Lets not forget that in 4 games against Chelsea this season, we won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. We have been better than them and Chelsea showed that like most good teams, they can raise their performance to beat other good teams, as us and Utd have shown. This was proven in our game in the 2nd leg against Chelsea where we totally controlled them and would be in the final right now if it wasnt for Reina's mistake.

We controlled Utd yet they also hammered Chelsea.

Forget all this manager was different crap. I dont care what anyone says. In my opinion us and Utd are the best teams in Europe. You may underestimate us at the moment but I dont. I am not going to get starstruck by the gods of football just because Lionel Messi and Xavi play for them because I think: -

Gerrard > Messi

Xabi > Xavi
« Last Edit: May 9, 2009, 04:02:32 pm by killer_heels »

• The Human Babelfish
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4196 on: May 9, 2009, 04:06:50 pm »
Just because Barca handled Chelsea well doesnt mean that we automatically will get beaten by Barca.

Lets not forget that in 4 games against Chelsea this season, we won 2, drew 1 and lost 1. We have been better than them and Chelsea showed that like most good teams, they can raise their performance to beat other good teams, as us and Utd have shown. This was proven in our game in the 2nd leg against Chelsea where we totally controlled them and would be in the final right now if it wasnt for Reina's mistake.

Forget all this manager was different crap. I dont care what anyone says. In my opinion us and Utd are the best teams in Europe. You may underestimate us at the moment but I dont. I am not going to get starstruck by the gods of football just because Lionel Messi and Xavi play for them because I think: -

Gerrard > Messi

Xabi > Xavi

Xavi league numbers - 6 goals, 16 assists - player of the tournament in Euro 2008 and top 5 in fifa world player of the year

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4197 on: May 9, 2009, 04:07:04 pm »

Not saying that. I think we have a good chance of beating Barca. But we didn't get the chance and we wont get a chance to this season cos we bottled it.

It is debateable as I said. We are talking about top teams here. We beat them twice and have drawn once with them. The most impressive victory of our 4 games this season was theirs at Anfield. And there is only 3 points between us in the league which you can say is made up by their CL result against us.

And while Reinas mistake was a turning point in the game, it was no excuse for how we bottled it letting them come back into the game and going 3-2 up from being 2-0 up.

Us and Chelsea are 3rd and 4th, but you could argue the order for both teams.

Gerrard > Messi

Xabi > Xavi

As it stands, United (assuming they win the league) and Barca are the top 2 for me. Us and Chelsea are 3rd and 4th. The order is however debatable but the divide is there IMO.

And Messi, Xavi are better than Gerrard, Xabi.

Eto'o and Torres is also a toss up.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2009, 04:09:07 pm by LFC_4_life »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4198 on: May 9, 2009, 04:18:08 pm »
What are you talking about? Divide? There is no divide between us and Utd, let alone us and Barcelona.

I dont see how you can say that the difference is made up by the Champions League match. We didnt bottle anything. Bottlers dont go to Chelsea and score 4 goals! Bottlers dont twat Man Utd by 4-1 away from home and do the league double against Utd and Chelsea this season.

If by your logic our 3 points difference is made up by Chelsea's Champions League win against us then I would argue that our double win against Utd, including beating them without Gerrard AND Torres in one game makes up for that difference against Utd, considering that Utd had the piss easiest draw in the Champions League. But no, you concede there is a 'divide' there so your logic doesnt make sense.

And yes in my opinion I would have Gerrard every day of the week ahead of Messi. Messi is fantastic, but I rather have Gerrard. I still think both he and Ronaldo are more dangerous players than Lionel Messi at this moment in time, although Messi can get there as he is still young.

As for Xabi and Xavi I think Xabi is better. I also think more players from Liverpool will get into Barcelona's side than vice versa. Also, Eto isnt better than Torres.

For all their great ability, Barca have scored a magnificent 3 goals in the last 6 games against us, Utd and Chelsea and have only won 1 game.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4199 on: May 9, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »

Killer_Heels I feel sorry for your fella when you pick an argument with him.