Author Topic: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight  (Read 20043 times)

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:41:51 am »
Yes, the BBC have done it again.

They've hired that lying, scumbag, fat c*nt to yet again appear on Question Time tonight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/7878952.stm

E-mail, text, etc......your voices of dispproval please ladies and gents.

THE BBC STILL HIRE LIARS  :no
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: MacKenzie on Question Time Tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 10:46:34 am »
They even refer to the Hillsborough coverage in his profile like it's a badge of honour for him. Was it Claire Short who asked him a question about it once before when he was on? Anybody want to send emails to any of the other panel members?

Assume the audience will already have tickets etc?

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:45 am »
Get you mails into the show but there are a few MPs on there so worth a punt at sending mails /calling them up as well.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline Liverbabel

• Main Stander
  • Shanks is my god and Liverpool fc is my religion!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 11:11:39 am »
Please use this link to send your complaints to the BBC about that parasite Mackenzie  :'(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/
Justice for the 96!

Offline candlewaxlad

• everyone gets on his wick
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 11:17:29 am »
He's a c*nt that fella, God i'd love to see him drop dead in front of me, i'd shit in his mouth as he gasped his dying breath.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 11:18:00 am »
Please use this link to send your complaints to the BBC about that parasite Mackenzie  :'(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Just done so. I don't expect improvement from the BBC however, and the sooner they go commercial the better because as far as I'm concerned they do not represent the majority of us licence fee payers.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:03 am »
Just emailed the BBC with this:
Why have you hired the odious liar Kelvin McKenzie to appear on Question Time? Did the masses of complaints you received the last time he was part of the panel make no difference to your selection process? Or do you simply have a pool of contracted guests guaranteed air time through the year? Expecting a standard reply, natch.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 11:32:59 am »
Just done so. I don't expect improvement from the BBC however, and the sooner they go commercial the better because as far as I'm concerned they do not represent the majority of us licence fee payers.

Unfortunately Harry, we are not in the the majority in this circumstance. LFC supporters are very much in the minority of BBC users.

I think we are being unrealistic in expecting the BBC to base its hire and fire policy on our objections but we should continue to voice them and declare our intention to use the tv off button and make sure that as many BBC users as possible know what we're doing and why. Maybe starting with NW radio and tv stations

Why not get tickets for QT and put a question to the panel?(It doesn't have to be this one) Use the broadcast to publicise why we feel so strongly about this man. Take out a half or full page ad in the national papers
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:40:58 am by redannie »

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:05 am »
Yet again. I was tidying up my emails yesterday and came accross the several brush offs I've had in the past. Time for another one..
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:34 am »
Get you mails into the show but there are a few MPs on there so worth a punt at sending mails /calling them up as well.

Do you know who the MP's are mate?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline RomaRed

• Kemlynite
  • We always win in Rome
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 11:36:47 am »

I've never complained to BBC before, but enough is enough. Just sent this off and expect weak justification in return.

Paul

Dear Sir/madam,

I would like to complain in the strongest possible terms regarding your continued use of Kelvin Mackenzie as a guest panellist on Question Time.
Let us be clear about Mr MacKenzie - he is a man who oversaw total falsehoods regarding the worst stadium sporting tragedy in British history - the Hillsborough disaster, by making the most appalling claims regarding supporters' behaviour. In case you forgot, he approved a story claiming, among other lies, that fans stole from corpses and urinated on them. All these claims have been proven to be completely false, the Sun itself issuing a lame apology for what it called "the most terrible mistake in our history." But to compound the great offence he has caused, after first apologizing for the story he later retracted and said he felt no remorse. Mr MacKenzie has also used a previous appearance on Question Time to stand by his comments.
Not only were these claims false and grossly insulting to supporters and the memory of the dead, they also caused untold distress to the families of the bereaved. You or I can have no perception of the continued pain they suffer to see such a person continue to appear on the BBC.
Please do not dismiss me as one outraged football 'fan' who has taken things out of proportion. Yes I love football and yes I have a great devotion to Liverpool, but I also have a sense of decency and certain expectations of how the BBC behaves. Catering to a person who has lied and insulted those who came to the aid of dying friends is behaviour that any person, not matter what their affiliations, should be appalled with.
Furthermore, not only do you continue to give Mr Mackenzie employment, you actually use his track record on Hillsborough in his the blurb promoting your programme. Please do not try and defend this with claims that we all have different views, not matter how outrageous. Mr Mackenzie's were not views, they have been proven to be LIES.
Again, I urge you to stop and consider for one moment the gross offence and hurt your are causing many families and ordinary-thinking people, people who help support the BBC and should expect to be treated better than this. Shame on you.

Paul Anthem

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:08 am »
That is brilliantly written Paul. Hats off to you.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:11 am »
Do you know who the MP's are mate?

Click on the link for guest profiles

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 11:43:22 am »
other panelists email addies

E-mail Liam at byrnel@parliament.uk

email justine at greeningj@parliament.uk

Salma.Yaqoob@birmingham.gov.uk

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 11:48:37 am »
Here's my letter

Sir/madam

I am absolutely disgusted by your decision to once again feature the disgusting liar that is Kelvin MacKenzie on your show.
I know full well that you received numerous complaints the last time he featured. Those people help to fund the BBC by paying their licence fees and many of them were left traumatised by his immoral and completely inaccurate coverage of the Hillsborough disaster, yet a complete disregard for their feelings has been shown.
I believe MacKenzie also exposed himself as a bigoted fool the last time he was on the show by racially slandering the people of Scotland, but I suppose as long as people tune in, you don't really care who is offended. You prove as much by mentioning his 'controversial Hillsborough coverage' on his profile as if it's something to be proud of.

I expect a generic reply soon.

Yours

Joe Gaynard

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 11:50:03 am »

Nice work - I'm happy to send emails through but might need guidance to ensure I get the message across clearly. A Tory MP, Labour MP and some from Birmingham CC - who would be the most likely to take any action?

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 12:03:21 pm »
I just emailed the lot of them asking to raise the question of bbc double standards by sacking idiots like brand yet continuing to employ bastards like mackenzie, who has offended and continues to offend thousands.

Course gave them alittle background on the disaster just to bring them upto speed on how kelvin helped pervert the course of justice.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »
Here is my complaint, not sure what to ask of the other MPs though?

I am outraged that you continue to use Kelvin Mackenzie who is due to appear on Question Time this evening. I do not expect my license fee to provide a platform for him to spout his vile. How can the BBC justify using a person who has caused, and continues to cause, great upset to the families of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster? You even mention the "outrage" he was responsible for in you advertisement of the programme!
 May I remind you of part of the BBC guidelines,

Truth and accuracy

"We strive to be accurate and establish the truth of what has happened. Accuracy is more important than speed and it is often more than a question of getting the facts right. We will weigh all relevant facts and information to get at the truth. Our output will be well sourced, based on sound evidence, thoroughly tested and presented in clear, precise language. We will be honest and open about what we don't know and avoid unfounded speculation."

How can the BBC explain the repeated employment of a person who has proven to believe the exact opposite?

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:04 pm »
''yet again I find myself complaining to the BBC regarding it's policy of hiring the liar, Kelvin MacKenzie. This man continues to peddle lies about Britains worst sports related disaster and yet you continue to hire him. ''I stand by what I said, I'm not sorry, the Hillsborough disatser was caused by drunken, ticketless fans''. That's MacKenzie's view in sharp contrast to the Interim Taylor Report. The last time I saw him on Question Time he actually used the platform to reiterate his position in response to a question by Claire Short. You sack Russell Brand and suspend Jonathan Ross for a schoolboy prank that went too far yet you think it's acceptable to hire someone who continues to defile the memories of 96 football supporters? MacKenzie must have friends in high places. Perhaps the people who continue to feed this man's ego should take 10 minutes to read this http://www.hfdinfo.com/ Then have a look at what the liar has said time and time again. Please stop giving this liar a platform.''

This is the fourth time I've done this with the BBC and you always get the same, stock response, he's a controversial figure etc etc. If you are a Liverpool supporter on this thread who has never previously complained, DO IT NOW! Brand got sacked for 30,000 complaints, why the fuck can't the supporters of Liverpool Football Club who number hundreds of thousands not do the same thing. I find it incredibly frustrating that whever this happens, there are only a few hundred prepared to complain. If all those fucking moaners that bitch about the players, the manager, the board etc., used their time to write a quick not to the BBC we might actually get some action.

Do it now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 12:16:49 pm »

Thanks I just sent mine in.

I think it would do no harm at all to cc as few of the above also.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 12:20:35 pm »

This is the fourth time I've done this with the BBC and you always get the same, stock response, he's a controversial figure etc etc. If you are a Liverpool supporter on this thread who has never previously complained, DO IT NOW! Brand got sacked for 30,000 complaints, why the fuck can't the supporters of Liverpool Football Club who number hundreds of thousands not do the same thing. I find it incredibly frustrating that whever this happens, there are only a few hundred prepared to complain. If all those fucking moaners that bitch about the players, the manager, the board etc., used their time to write a quick not to the BBC we might actually get some action.

Do it now.

Very well said!

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 12:23:23 pm »
charlie uniform november tango

say what???
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:32 pm »
The BBC are always obsessed with political correctness, "diversity" and not offending people; why do they continue to employ him? It's madness.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:07 pm »
''yet again I find myself complaining to the BBC regarding it's policy of hiring the liar, Kelvin MacKenzie. This man continues to peddle lies about Britains worst sports related disaster and yet you continue to hire him. ''I stand by what I said, I'm not sorry, the Hillsborough disatser was caused by drunken, ticketless fans''. That's MacKenzie's view in sharp contrast to the Interim Taylor Report. The last time I saw him on Question Time he actually used the platform to reiterate his position in response to a question by Claire Short. You sack Russell Brand and suspend Jonathan Ross for a schoolboy prank that went too far yet you think it's acceptable to hire someone who continues to defile the memories of 96 football supporters? MacKenzie must have friends in high places. Perhaps the people who continue to feed this man's ego should take 10 minutes to read this http://www.hfdinfo.com/ Then have a look at what the liar has said time and time again. Please stop giving this liar a platform.''

Do it now.

Amen. Nicely put mate - I am so busy at moment with work but will try to send one to beeb and to the MP's, struggle to put into words what I want to say though.

Heed this posters advice people, please, make it thousands and not hundreds that complain.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

-Burke, Edmund

The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 12:28:27 pm »
ross nearly gets the sack but they bbc invite shitehawks like this fella on to the air unbelievable

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 12:30:35 pm »
Complaint sent
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline fishmyman

• Kopite
  • Enter funny or inspirational message here
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 12:33:34 pm »
same complaint sent

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 12:35:34 pm »
shocking! they never learn!
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 12:36:24 pm »
Complaint sent - again.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rfowler

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 12:42:59 pm »
I have sent another complaint to bbc the fuckers never do anything..

First not to broadcast the appeal for Gaza and now this there has to be a stop to this NOW.

Am not going to pay my tv license from now on  :no

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 12:50:37 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/your_say/default.stm

You can put forward your own questions you would like to ask the panel members at the above link.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 12:50:44 pm »
Can't even stand the sight of that vile fuckers face. CUNT
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline [b]xabi14,[/b]

• Kemlynite
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »
Complaint sent.

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 12:53:27 pm »
Interesting point that.  Whilst you'd definitely lose should it go to court, if someone did have the balls to refuse to pay on the grounds that they're behaving contrary to their charter, they'd get their day in court, and it might well change their behaviour.

It would take someone intelligent and comitted to do it though, and I'm old enough to realise I'm neither.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 12:53:47 pm »
Yet again. I was tidying up my emails yesterday and came accross the several brush offs I've had in the past. Time for another one..

Same!
Oh, lordy, I'll be sending them for years to come as well. 
In fact, I guess type the reply we'll be sent from them.

Offline Worgie

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 01:02:48 pm »
Complaint Sent!
RAI TV Commentator May 2005 - "If Milan score in the first 20 minutes they will win!"  Yeah Right!

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 01:06:14 pm »
Surely the person with the most clout would be the host?

Offline jam1erp

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 01:09:56 pm »
e-mail sent to programme.  >:(

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 01:19:10 pm »
Sent.

I noted that I expected some crap response like last time. But not in those words.

The BBC are a complete disgrace.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 01:20:51 pm »
This thread has been read 1190 times so far, why aren't there more posts confirming a complaint?

Remember that someone has to read these, whilst we get stock replies they still have to take notice. It's possible that the person who reads your complaint isn't familiar with the history, your complaint might not change the BBC but it may educate one more person. They may just talk to partners, friends and family and say 'got a load of complaints about that fella MacKenzie today, did you know...''. Think about that before you dismiss a complaint as a waste of time 'cos they won't listen.