Author Topic: Harry Kewell  (Read 91341 times)

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Harry Kewell Signs For Galatasaray
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:51 am »
Number one: Mark has been at the club for years long before and long since Harry left, so I doubt the club doctor has been blamed for what happened to him. Secondly, how the hell is Gilmore's groin/sports hernia, or whatever you want to call it "career threatening"?

A chronic annoying problem sure. But career threatening? Since some doctors even doubt the validity of both the diagnosis and the need for surgical intervention, suggesting that rest from activity is just as effective, I don't see how it is a career threatening injury.

Btw, I hope you have your facts right in this case, as you have just about libelled several of Liverpool F.C.'s medical professionals if not.

It's career threatening if it's undiagnosed, which it was - Kewell had constant problems and missed a hell of a lot of games because of it all of them in what should have been his prime years. Yeah, I'd call it career threatening.

I was under the impression there was a clean out of medical staff at Liverpool, though the Kewell situation was only one reason why - if I'm misled I'm happy to acknowledge it. The fact of the matter is is Kewell has played his best football either side of his time on Merseyside - I wonder why?

As for 'libel' - that's a ridiculous thing to bring up on this forum, and in particular this thread when you have idiots here calling Kewell all sorts of unprovable things just  a few posts up from this. So yeah, bring in the lawyers - that's laughable.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline El mooro

• Compo of the Opera
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "A Bastion of Invincibility"
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2009, 11:09:10 am »
It's career threatening if it's undiagnosed, which it was - Kewell had constant problems and missed a hell of a lot of games because of it all of them in what should have been his prime years. Yeah, I'd call it career threatening.

I was under the impression there was a clean out of medical staff at Liverpool, though the Kewell situation was only one reason why - if I'm misled I'm happy to acknowledge it. The fact of the matter is is Kewell has played his best football either side of his time on Merseyside - I wonder why?

As for 'libel' - that's a ridiculous thing to bring up on this forum, and in particular this thread when you have idiots here calling Kewell all sorts of unprovable things just  a few posts up from this. So yeah, bring in the lawyers - that's laughable.

Who's talking about bringing in the lawyers? Not my style, but maybe others', hence the advice. Take it or leave it.

And no, Gilmore's groin is not career threatening, afaik. Career disrupting certainly, I'll give you that.
Daft Little Ground, Silly Game, Eff Off!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2009, 12:18:20 pm »
So that was the reason they were shown the door at Liverpool after it became clear they had completely misdiagnosed a career-threatening injury - an injury that Kewell had for some years while he was at Liverpool? Yes, they obviously worked tirelessly to help him, so tireless they couldn't even diagnose a simple sports hernia. Tireless? Tirelessly incompetent.

Why did Kewell start his Liverpool career like a house on fire - in that first half season before his injury he was unstoppable? Was it Kewell's inherent gross laziness or obvious morbid obesity that drove him to play exceptional football in that short time when he was uninjured? I'm sure your simplistic categorisation of the Kewell situation has the answers for us.

all I say good luck to Aquilani...I hope they erased all Redknapp, Kewell and Agger's medical record :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are the best GALATASARAY
    • Galatasaray's Best Web  Forum
« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2009, 11:58:07 pm »
Guys don´t forget that he has a serious autoimmune disease that can kill him if untreated. Because of this issue he keeps getting cortisone treatments, which has devastating effects on bone and muscle tissue.

I have no idea how he can keep himself this fit in our club but we love his determination and the affection he shows for the club/the supporters. He is just great. 9 goals, 3 assists in the first half of the season and he played forward as well cos Milan Baros was injured for the most part of the first half.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 27, 2009, 02:42:00 am »
Great player Kewell, could have been a real star if not for his injuries. Hes fitting in really well in the current Gala side and scoring goals again which is good for Australia leading up to the World Cup
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2009, 09:53:09 am »
Here is a very nice summary of Kewell for 2009-2010 season first half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_IVFRzu_PY
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:59:24 am by GalaSupporter »
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." GG

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2009, 10:15:26 am »
Got a lot of undeserved stick on here. When he played he made a massive difference, like he wanted to be injured or something. He had a nightmare here, and the way he was treated by fans was disgraceful at times, glad he's got his career back on track, would love to see him back here but not sure he'd come even if we wanted him.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2009, 05:41:35 pm »
One of my favourite players, I remember being very excited when he signed from Leeds. Was a steal at 5 mil, shame he never lived up to his potential.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:08 pm »
Massive disappointment. He could have been great at LFC.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2009, 06:39:59 pm »
Why did Leeds fans I know slate him before he joined us, call him a lazy bastard and say he played when he wanted to.

He's probably trying a bit more now to extend his pay cheques.

Exactly mate - know a few lads who watch Leeds week in week out and they were all laughing when we got Kewell and said what a lazy waster he was and a pure highlights player. I thought at the time they were just being bitter but guess what, they were right. He performed for Leeds in fits and starts and was not a great player for them - merely a good one. For us he didn't even manage that. But it appears now he's working hard to earn one last payday. The fat lazy prick.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2009, 06:52:46 pm »
Here is a very nice summary of Kewell for 2009-2010 season first half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_IVFRzu_PY

Meh, Kewell's a good player but then again Colin Kazim Richards did pretty well in Turkey didn't he?
I much prefer Kader Keita, he's got real talent but it never seemed to work out at Lyon.
Check out the piss-take skill around 3 oppositin players at around the 3 minute mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtPdr8XoMfo&feature=video_response

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2009, 09:19:12 am »
No not really, Kazim sucks here as well. :) Mediocre at the best.

Keita is special but you gotta keep him happy constantly.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #332 on: December 31, 2009, 02:20:13 pm »
His contract is out end of season?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #333 on: December 31, 2009, 03:13:45 pm »
GalaSupporter, how has Arda Turan been this season so far?
JFT97

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 1, 2010, 06:36:59 pm »
Yep, Kewell`s contract is over at the end of the season and he can return to England but we are trying to sign a 2 year extension.

Arda started great but cooled of towards the end of the season. One of the reasons was Baros got injured and he didn`t have a decent forward to play with.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #335 on: January 1, 2010, 06:39:52 pm »
Is Turan coming to Liverpool in Jan?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CoolWhip1900

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool F.C & Borussia MG - A special friendship
« Reply #336 on: January 1, 2010, 07:05:35 pm »
Is Turan coming to Liverpool in Jan?

If there'll be a transfer, then in summer '10.  ;)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #337 on: January 1, 2010, 07:06:22 pm »
If there'll be a transfer, then in summer '10.  ;)

Wrong answer i wanted ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline CoolWhip1900

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool F.C & Borussia MG - A special friendship
« Reply #338 on: January 1, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
Wrong answer i wanted ;D

For 1000€ I'll say January, not a problem. :D

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 1, 2010, 07:58:42 pm »
If you are willing to spare 20 M Euros or maybe 15+Babel, he will :). Any Gala president that sells him for less is accepting defeat in the upcoming elections.

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 6, 2010, 12:37:28 pm »
Harry can return to Premier League soon mates. Minor clubs such as Stoke are rumored to be interested and believe it or not it is sad to be that old "ginsoak" Fergie is interested as well.
Harry had been phenomenal this season and was fully fit all the time. His contract ends in six months.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: January 6, 2010, 12:44:00 pm »
a fit harry could always play a role (eg. for us in 2006), just a shame it never worked out.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #342 on: January 6, 2010, 07:50:42 pm »
One of my favourite players, I remember being very excited when he signed from Leeds. Was a steal at 5 mil, shame he never lived up to his potential.
As an Aussie I still enjoy watching him play. Regardless of whether we like it or not, my understanding is it was mismanagementof his injuries, with staff quitting, Kewell going to Leverkeusen and simply not being able to play - it's sounds a real soap opera. Really we all edd to move on, he was my favorite player and I've moved on, was made up to see him come to us - it just didn't workout. at this stage people aren't going to change there minds. With him being injured he would have lost a lot of money in match appearances, ought to be proof enough he wasn't faking the injuries, because those same people that beat him with that stick generally claim he's a money hungry merc. He would've been doing rehab all through every injury, so to do all that when he could have just trainded and played the 90 mins on gameday doesn't add up. Why hasn't he screwed Gala, like some fans believe he did here if he's so lazy? He's on the same wages he was with uss there.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #343 on: January 6, 2010, 11:34:25 pm »
I think he will stay at Gala, and I hope he does.

The league suits him, and the fans love him, and he's firing goals.

I think the only real major factor in his decision to stay or not is his family - who are still based in the UK

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #344 on: January 7, 2010, 12:05:42 am »
Guys don´t forget that he has a serious autoimmune disease that can kill him if untreated. Because of this issue he keeps getting cortisone treatments, which has devastating effects on bone and muscle tissue.

What the? Harry Kewell has a potentially fatal autoimmune disease? When did this crop up?

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 7, 2010, 12:24:41 am »
What the? Harry Kewell has a potentially fatal autoimmune disease? When did this crop up?

I think it did back in 2008. But it isnt serious as some people make it to.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline GalaSupporter

• Snake Charmer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:20 am »
His contract expired at the end of this year and he agreed on a new deal for another year. Gala fans are happy :).

Here is a new clip by GSTV for the occasion.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e4hFUmdUcQU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e4hFUmdUcQU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline aggerman

• Anny Roader
  • We await the Coronation of King Kenny !
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2010, 06:43:28 am »
Oh dear, Harry not making too many friends is he ?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/2010/08/19/2077363/harry-kewell-can-take-legal-action-against-robbie-slater-manager-

Harry Kewell Can Take Legal Action Against Robbie Slater - Manager Bernie Mandic
Row between former teammates escalates.

By Chris Paraskevas
Aug 19, 2010 6:12:00 AM

Photo Gallery Zoom
Harry Kewell, Australia (Getty Images)
Related Links
Players
Harry Kewell
Harry Kewell's manager Bernie Mandic says there is strong grounds for legal action against high profile commentator Robbie Slater.

And while Mandic says going to court is "the last thing football needs" he has launched a broadside attack on the Australian football media following Slater's recent, controversial comments about Kewell.

"If Robbie backs away, there's no point in doing it, all it's doing is filling the pockets of lawyers for no reason," Mandic told AAP.

"We've got very strong grounds for legal action but it's not something you want to be doing and getting caught up in and it's the last thing football needs.

"We've been advised that it's a no brainer but we're not about that we're about the truth.

"It would just be nice if the football media of Australia took their job seriously.

"Most do but a couple of them sit around like old women gossiping about things and then use the gossip as supposed fact to do stories and people want to know why the sport isn't growing."

In a piece for News Limited, Slater claimed a player at a farewell dinner for the 2010 World Cup, a Socceroo teammate of Kewell's had told the Galatasaray winger to "f... off".

"Put simply, the player told Harry to f... off, saying he was of no value to the Socceroos any more," Slater wrote, calling for the end of Kewell's international career.
John the milkman on Rafa:

“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2010, 10:06:19 am »
The journalist who made these claims is being shown up for the fucking liar that he is!

The journalist (Robbie Slater) claimed that a 'source' had told him that a senior Australian international told Kewell to fuck off at the World Cup.

His source was Graham Arnold, ex-manager and ex-assistant manager of the national team.

Kewell's agent has found out that the player who apparently told him to fuck off was Scott Chipperfield ... who turns out, never said it at all.

Well done to Kewell for calling into Robbie Slater's show and giving him hell about these false accusations.

Watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXrGJtJnsI

Offline danduffy91

• Main Stander
  • RAWK Supporter
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2010, 10:11:40 am »
i saw kewell in a galatasaray photoshoot him with some other players and kewell was wearing their pink kit pretty bad looking although nowere near as harsh as evertons pink thats just horrible
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. We were sparked from coast to coast and far across the sea. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Forever let us hold our banner high. High. High. High. High. We play fair but we work hard and we're in harmony. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:36 am »
I'd trust Slater every day of the week and twice on Sunday's over Kewell. Slater isn't one to make shit up for no reason and seems to talk sense most of the time. What, do you expect Chipperfield to actually admit that he thinks Kewell is a c*nt. Kewell knows this and is taking advantage of it to save face.

Not to mention Slater is a fully-fledged liverpool man.  :P

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:04 am »

Not to mention Slater is a fully-fledged liverpool man.  :P

He may well follow us, but by no means is he a fully fledged liverpool man..
some of his comments last year where just the rehashed.Zonal marking, rotation bollocks that we seen from all the english press
I cant once remember him sticking up for Rafa or even trying to sort that gormless twat Fozzie out when he was spouting his diatribe..
JFT 96

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2010, 12:19:11 pm »
He may well follow us, but by no means is he a fully fledged liverpool man..
some of his comments last year where just the rehashed.Zonal marking, rotation bollocks that we seen from all the english press
I cant once remember him sticking up for Rafa or even trying to sort that gormless twat Fozzie out when he was spouting his diatribe..
Has hasn't stuck up for Rafa individually no, probably because it seems like he's never really liked him, but he always supports the team, even when we're bad, and our form is poor, and the opposition is better. At the start of the season he always says liverpool will win it all (even if he doesnt believe it), even when we spent nothing, and it never seems like he wants the team to fail just to suit is opinion. His zonal marking and rotation talk are shit, but that doesn't mean he's not a liverpool supporter. But when did this become a 'Robbie Slater-Liverpool Man?' thread, especially when my comment was tongue in cheek.

Fozzie does need sorting out though I too am waiting for him and Bosnich to have a go.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Harry Kewell
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26744653

Harry Kewell: Ex-Liverpool and Leeds winger to retire

"Former Leeds and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell has announced he is to retire from professional football.

The Australian, 35, made over 250 Premier League appearances for the two English clubs between 1995 and 2008 and was a Champions League and FA Cup winner with Liverpool in 2005 and 2006.

He won 58 international caps and has been at Melbourne Heart since 2013.

His final appearance will be against the Western Sydney Wanderers in the A league on Saturday, 12 April."

Shame about his persistent injuries, was a very gifted player and didn't really do himself justice at Liverpool.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:20:23 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline serpentnebula

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Harry Kewell to retire at the end of the season
« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »
He was very good in his first season for us. A pity that the injuries meant he never really lived up to his potential.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »
Great player. Injuries ruined him. Never been more excited about a signing than when he signed for us.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:41 pm »
He was very good in his first season for us. A pity that the injuries meant he never really lived up to his potential.

He was very good in that first season but I'd actually argue his best season was 05/06,

He was one of our most consistant players on the way to winning the FA cup and finishing on 82 points, also that goal in the Derby that season :lickin

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #357 on: March 26, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
He was very good in that first season but I'd actually argue his best season was 05/06,

He was one of our most consistant players on the way to winning the FA cup and finishing on 82 points, also that goal in the Derby that season :lickin

Very true, scored some great goals.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 26, 2014, 01:13:58 pm »
also that goal in the Derby that season :lickin

Seem to recall him scoring a nice volley against Spurs too, was it the same season?

Rarely felt he was giving 100% while he was with us although injuries obviously didn't help. To be honest, the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Kewell's Liverpool career is him going off in Istanbul, 'cause without that Vlad wouldn't have been on.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »
Never been more excited about a signing than when he signed for us.

Same. I was in Malia with mates at the time and having seen his signing confirmed on SSN one morning I immediately turned to my United supporting cousin and tabled £50 on us winning the league.

It transpired to be another hasty and poor financial decision on my part.

As others have said, we never really saw the flying Harry Kewell from the height of his Leeds United days. Injuries made sure of that, which was a huge shame. He was superb in his pomp.

To be honest, the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Kewell's Liverpool career is him going off in Istanbul, 'cause without that Vlad wouldn't have been on.

Being completely honest, i'd actually forgotten that he started that game.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854