Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4010239 times)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #15600 on: August 1, 2011, 01:07:28 am »
He would have been  found floatin in the Mersey face down years ago if he had
gone down that road.
:champ  Aeons back, me Da (R.I.P.) gave his offspring education and advise.
Your Faith is RC but your religion is Liverpool Football Club.  Never cross over.

Always tried to follow his path.
YNWA
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15601 on: August 1, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »
was on second page.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15602 on: August 1, 2011, 11:28:59 pm »
Fun time in t'forum tonight (again). :butt

Dunno, just dunno.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15603 on: August 2, 2011, 07:58:24 am »
Rafa_La gets an extra Werthers for going in where others fear to tread,
above and beyond the call of duty.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #15604 on: August 2, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
Here's a bit of nice news re a Premiership multi-millionaire footballer - albeit a blue one from our noisy neighbours.
Credit to the lad in spite of his shirt - a nice gesture indeed.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-news-Gareth-Barry-hands-keys-to-his-Spanish-holiday-home-to-charity-caring-sick-and-poor-kids-article780115.html
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15605 on: August 2, 2011, 06:49:54 pm »
Here's a bit of nice news re a Premiership multi-millionaire footballer - albeit a blue one from our noisy neighbours.
Credit to the lad in spite of his shirt - a nice gesture indeed.

Talking about City Johnno, the fella who shocked me, was Craig Bellamy, never really liked him, thought he came across as an arrogant f***** and wasted his undoubted talent but read about his work in Sierra Leone amongst kids who have suffered war and poverty and I've got to say, I totally changed my opinion on him and realised there's  something to him that doesn't come over on the football pitch. He sticks alot of his own money into a very worthy project  that actually gives back something, heard him saying something about his City contract was paying for his foundation and that was more important than any arguments with Mancini http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
« Reply #15606 on: August 2, 2011, 10:21:06 pm »
the Alun Evans song was sung to this tune.
                                                                 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvXDxobNteA

Yirs!!

Ta pooley, chopper and inky!

posted 3 weeks ago as well and I'm only just seeing it now!

Just cheer up me lads and don't be downhearted needed now!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15607 on: August 3, 2011, 07:30:30 am »
Posted by 92A 
"Talking about City Johnno, the fella who shocked me, was Craig Bellamy, never really liked him, thought he came across as an arrogant f***** and wasted his undoubted talent but read about his work in Sierra Leone amongst kids who have suffered war and poverty and I've got to say, I totally changed my opinion on him and realised there's  something to him that doesn't come over on the football pitch. He sticks alot of his own money into a very worthy project  that actually gives back something, heard him saying something about his City contract was paying for his foundation and that was more important than any arguments with Mancini http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/"

Yes mate, I'm with you 100% here. A right nasty twat on the park and would you credit it, an absolute ministering angel off it.

Jeez, doesn't life get complicated at times folks ??? ???
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15608 on: August 3, 2011, 10:27:30 am »
Yes mate, I'm with you 100% here. A right nasty twat on the park and would you credit it, an absolute ministering angel off it.

House devil, street angel. Seems marginally better than certain players darn sarf who prefer shagging. If one child benefits from his foundation, then it's not all bad.

Life be complicated, yep.
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15609 on: August 3, 2011, 10:51:21 am »
Posted by 92A 
"Talking about City Johnno, the fella who shocked me, was Craig Bellamy, never really liked him, thought he came across as an arrogant f***** and wasted his undoubted talent but read about his work in Sierra Leone amongst kids who have suffered war and poverty and I've got to say, I totally changed my opinion on him and realised there's  something to him that doesn't come over on the football pitch. He sticks alot of his own money into a very worthy project  that actually gives back something, heard him saying something about his City contract was paying for his foundation and that was more important than any arguments with Mancini http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/"

See Didier Drogba also. His off-field work is a credit.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15610 on: August 3, 2011, 11:50:28 am »
Yes laudable that it may well be,  methinks Didier harbours Ivorian political ambitions post his playing days.

Just an auld-arse cynic's opinion o' course!! ;) ;)

PS: I thought I was wrong once...but it turned out I was mistaken....... :P :P :P ::)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15611 on: August 3, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »
Craig Bellamy, Mayor of Cardiff?

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15612 on: August 3, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »
Just been in a charity shop in New Ferry and there was a
red carlsberg Liverpool top for sale, with Murphy 13 on
the back. You don`t see many of them but lots of you know
who and 9 on the back.
The market traders must have taken a battering when our ex
no. 9 left earlier on this year.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15613 on: August 3, 2011, 08:40:36 pm »

Talking about City Johnno, the fella who shocked me, was Craig Bellamy, never really liked him, thought he came across as an arrogant f***** and wasted his undoubted talent but read about his work in Sierra Leone amongst kids who have suffered war and poverty and I've got to say, I totally changed my opinion on him and realised there's  something to him that doesn't come over on the football pitch. He sticks alot of his own money into a very worthy project  that actually gives back something, heard him saying something about his City contract was paying for his foundation and that was more important than any arguments with Mancini http://www.craigbellamyfoundation.org/

You know, it makes me think how much good you could do with that massive lottery win that couple had a week or two back and good luck to them. The whole show is arse about face these days, it really stinks and seems never ending. I don't need a massive lottery win but if I'd won that big one I'd have made sure I'd have gone to bed at night with a smile on me face knowing someone less well off did the same. How those bastards who've screwed the place get away with it while the rest of us pay for it beggars belief.
I know I've gone slightly off topic but you read about the values people in here have been brought up with and it just gets to me when you see how the greedy gobshites have turned it all into shit.
When in Rome...

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15614 on: August 3, 2011, 09:14:26 pm »
Yes laudable that it may well be,  methinks Didier harbours Ivorian political ambitions post his playing days.

Just an auld-arse cynic's opinion o' course!! ;) ;)

PS: I thought I was wrong once...but it turned out I was mistaken....... :P :P :P ::)

No Johnno, you're mistaken, you first though was right you chose the wrong team  :P  :P

You know, it makes me think how much good you could do with that massive lottery win that couple had a week or two back and good luck to them. The whole show is arse about face these days, it really stinks and seems never ending. I don't need a massive lottery win but if I'd won that big one I'd have made sure I'd have gone to bed at night with a smile on me face knowing someone less well off did the same. How those bastards who've screwed the place get away with it while the rest of us pay for it beggars belief.
I know I've gone slightly off topic but you read about the values people in here have been brought up with and it just gets to me when you see how the greedy gobshites have turned it all into shit.

Can't say I disagree with any of that Keith.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #15615 on: August 3, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »
I agree with you on that Keith about winning the lottery- it makes me so angry when these idiots win the lottery and blow it all and then say they didnt know what to do with it etc - well 1st thing is see your family right and then invest it so that those in need can benefit from it - just imagine the comfort you would get in your old age if you could do that?!

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #15616 on: August 3, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »
Years ago in the 60s my Husband had a win on the football, it was only £18,000 nothing in terms of today.  We did the treat the family bit, donated to charity and put a little away for the future,and bought ourselves our first car a mini. We went back to living on £13 a week, thinking our future nest egg would grow into a nice amount come  retirement lol.  By the late 70s and early 80s we had to start dipping into our savings as the cost of living soared and by the 90s it had all gone, not through being extravagant  but just by  living. It seems  that the youngsters of today havnt really been taught the  true value of money, its spend, spend, spend. With things being a lot harder today, i hear my grandchildren calling there parents  "  Chelsea" because they are having to say no to lots of things, "  but its ONLY  " you here them say lol. I know im getting old now when i hear myself say   "  When i was your age "       I feel sorry for the up and coming generation what is going to be there for them ??
« Last Edit: August 4, 2011, 12:17:41 am by flw »
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15617 on: August 3, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »
 lol   why has the word   c h a v s    come out as chelsea  anyone  know, i edited it and it still came out as chelsea   try it yourself    I spaced it on here any answers lol

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15618 on: August 3, 2011, 11:10:38 pm »
Years ago in the 60s my Husband had a win on the football, it was only £18, ooo nothing in terms of today.  We did the treat the family bit, donated to charity and put a little away for the future,and bought ourselves our first car a mini. We went back to living on £13 a week, thinking our future nest egg would grow into a nice amount come  retirement lol.  By the late 70s and early 80s we had to start dipping into our savings as the cost of living soared and by the 90s it had all gone, not through being extravagant  but just by  living. It seems  that the youngsters of today havnt really been learnt the  true value of money, its spend, spend, spend. With things being a lot harder today, i hear my grandchildren calling there parents  "  Chelsea" because they are having to say no to lots of things, "  but its ONLY  " you here them say lol. I know im getting old now when i hear myself say   "  When i was your age "       I feel sorry for the up and coming generation what is going to be there for them ??

Blimey flw, I read your win as £18 at first and wondered how you afforded a mini. :) 

Can’t say I’m surprised it was gone by the 80’s interest rates were around 15% and as for what happens to kids growing up today, who knows but they won’t find it easy.  I’ve got two grown up kids, one’s moved out to rented accommodation and the other is still at home, can’t afford to move out, what hope do they have of getting on the property ladder and they’ve both got fairly decent jobs. 

P.S. Not sure what happened with the auto correct but I love some of them, especially Gideon’s
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15619 on: August 4, 2011, 12:29:30 am »
God its so hot tonight.I have my windows  wide open , I have had to wrestled with spiders, cupped three moths and now I am being bitten by bloody  midgets ,, i may have to swat them now  and forget that they are gods creatures    :lmao

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #15620 on: August 4, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »
Is our sponsored piss up zimmer frame fall about still on for Sunday?   ;)

If so, who will be in attendance?   :wave
« Last Edit: August 4, 2011, 12:25:27 pm by Terry De Niro »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15621 on: August 4, 2011, 01:26:08 pm »
God its so hot tonight.I have my windows  wide open , I have had to wrestled with spiders, cupped three moths and now I am being bitten by bloody  midgets ,, i may have to swat them now  and forget that they are gods creatures    :lmao

Aye, them little people are right twats when you leave the windows open.  :-)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15622 on: August 4, 2011, 01:28:53 pm »
Quote from Jagged Princess: " No Johnno, you're mistaken, your first thought was right - you chose the wrong team   :P :P

Now then Colette love, let's not get carried away here eh?

Just 'cos you lot are goin' on the razzle this weekend........(and I'm not) :no :'(

Have a great night everyone !!

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15623 on: August 4, 2011, 01:33:25 pm »
Blert posted : "Aye, them little people are right twats when you leave the windows open.  " :-)

Brilliant, ferkin' brilliant!  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #15624 on: August 4, 2011, 01:34:26 pm »
I  yearn for the days of only football on the tv being MOTD,
For discussing games in the boozer afterwards and not with heroes behind a keyboard talking utter bolloocks!
For the days when watching your team on a saturday wasnt a luxury day out like going to a concert, but something you did every week.
I miss Sportsreport in its old style listening to the results at 5-00
I miss grandstand and sportsnight with Coleman
I miss the fact that we all supported this team with good energy, intelligence and sportsmanship at times.
I miss respect for and from players and the clubs officials.

Like you say get my bus pass in October and totally pissed off with a lot of the Skywashed generation in here with their wall to wall information, youtube and videos,  but have learnt nothing about what we are really about!

Guess I am turning into my Grandad I sincerely hope so!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #15625 on: August 5, 2011, 03:03:13 am »

.....or the teleprinter getting stuck between the home teams score and Liverpool's score on the away games.
arsenal..... 1.  Tick a ticka ticka (pause ) ticka tick a tick a Liverpool tick a ticka tick a....2
Yeah!
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15626 on: August 5, 2011, 03:17:34 am »
I  yearn for the days of only football on the tv being MOTD,
For discussing games in the boozer afterwards and not with heroes behind a keyboard talking utter bolloocks!
For the days when watching your team on a saturday wasnt a luxury day out like going to a concert, but something you did every week.
I miss grandstand and sportsnight with Coleman
I miss the fact that we all supported this team with good energy, intelligence and sportsmanship at times.
I miss respect for and from players and the clubs officials.

Like you say get my bus pass in October and totally pissed off with a lot of the Skywashed generation in here with their wall to wall information, youtube and videos,  but have learnt nothing about what we are really about!

Guess I am turning into my Grandad I sincerely hope so!

.....or the teleprinter getting stuck between the home teams score and Liverpool's score on the away games.
arsenal..... 1.  Tick a ticka ticka (pause ) ticka tick a tick a Liverpool tick a ticka tick a....2
Yeah!

BIG FUCKING AMEN to you both !!!
« Last Edit: August 5, 2011, 03:19:13 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15627 on: August 5, 2011, 03:29:47 am »
By the way, I miss the smell of hot dogs combined with pipe tobacco and piss on the Kop..  ;D

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15628 on: August 5, 2011, 03:47:50 am »
Is our sponsored piss up zimmer frame fall about still on for Sunday?   ;)

If so, who will be in attendance?   :wave

Moi.  Is it the Beehive near Mount Pleasant car park?

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15629 on: August 5, 2011, 08:42:18 am »
By the way, I miss the smell of hot dogs combined with pipe tobacco and piss kissing on the Kop..  ;D

Oh dear, Terry.

Who da thort, who da thort  :lickin
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15630 on: August 5, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »
Moi.  Is it the Beehive near Mount Pleasant car park?
Yes, JP.
I'll be meeting with Andy earlier on and we'll catch up with you at 4 bells?

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15631 on: August 6, 2011, 12:41:40 pm »
Hope the gathering later today goes well. Zimmer frames at 40 yards.  Have a gud'un.  :wave
Wish I there.

'Pool to beat them Spaniards.

YNWA
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15632 on: August 6, 2011, 04:46:26 pm »
Hope the gathering later today goes well. Zimmer frames at 40 yards.  Have a gud'un.  :wave
Wish I there.

'Pool to beat them Spaniards.

YNWA

some of us are posh and have wheels on our zimmers, staggered arrival times, nurses at the ready, it's party time!  ;D

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15633 on: August 6, 2011, 06:25:04 pm »
By the way, I miss the smell of hot dogs combined with pipe tobacco and piss on the Kop..  ;D

Hooray - home for the weekend - can quote again!!

By Jeez, you kept some rum combinations in your coat pocket Terry lad.............. :P :P :P

Hope everyone who's going Sunday has a belter of a get-together. I'll raise a glass of Duvel to you all  - once I arrive in Brussels about 2030 tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 06:28:33 pm by Johnnowhite »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15634 on: August 6, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »
Hooray - home for the weekend - can quote again!!

By Jeez, you kept some rum combinations in your coat pocket Terry lad.............. :P :P :P

Hope everyone who's going Sunday has a belter of a get-together. I'll raise a glass of Duvel to you all  - once I arrive in Brussels about 2030 tomorrow night.
Nice one Johnno.
Mine's a Jupiler..

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15635 on: August 7, 2011, 02:44:50 am »
Just watching some Honky Tonky music , cant believe how much i used to love that kind of music, Country and Western , so many hits.Every song a story .

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15636 on: August 7, 2011, 07:53:21 am »
Nice one Johnno.
Mine's a Jupiler..

Aye - it's a decent all-night drop that little golden slurp is.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15637 on: August 7, 2011, 08:16:42 am »
H rang me last night I was in the offie, she said whats that noise it was all the bottles bangin together  :-[ ;D

Anyone else coming today? See you guys this avvy hope the rain stays off  :wave
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #15638 on: August 7, 2011, 10:46:43 am »

Terry lad, i remember that smell so well, one of my first and oldest memories i guess.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15639 on: August 7, 2011, 12:07:22 pm »
Terry lad, i remember that smell so well, one of my first and oldest memories i guess.

For me my memory banks tell me the dominant smells back then (remember I'm a United fan of over 57 years) were the smell of the smoke rolling over the grandstand from the steam train at the south side of the ground - mingled with the stink of linament once the teams had come out. All the pub teams'players  used linament back then too.