Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4005127 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #15680 on: August 13, 2011, 07:23:37 am »
Eh up Codgers, just popped in to say.... com'ed Kenny Lad, we can do this. It's our fuckin year!
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #15681 on: August 13, 2011, 07:55:01 am »
fuckinell, couldn't kip, like chrimbo
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15682 on: August 13, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »
Waiting for my mates in the Delta to take us there, first game of the season, you don't realise how much you miss it, getting excited.... waiting for the beep beep!
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15683 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:38 pm »
Ive just come in here to hide if that's ok.  Apparently we have signed crap players and the season is doomed already.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #15684 on: August 13, 2011, 06:39:57 pm »
Ive just come in here to hide if that's ok.  Apparently we have signed crap players and the season is doomed already.
Aye, and Kenny doesn't know what he's doing, apparently...

There needs to be a massive cull on this site, because it's fast going down the pan.
Decent posters out numbered by absolute dickheads by about 100 to 1.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15685 on: August 13, 2011, 06:57:29 pm »
It's weird isn't it? 

There has been one game, against a team we usually have problems playing, with a lot of new players and a couple who have only just come back from a major international comp, one of their players should have been sent off, the usually reliable Luis missed a pen (we should sell him now obviously!) and had Carroll's goal disallowed - wrongly imo but we still managed to get a draw.

Think the mods should have a stock of valium and anti depressants ready following every game if people are going on like this after just one game.

"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15686 on: August 13, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »
It's weird isn't it? 

There has been one game, against a team we usually have problems playing, with a lot of new players and a couple who have only just come back from a major international comp, one of their players should have been sent off, the usually reliable Luis missed a pen (we should sell him now obviously!) and had Carroll's goal disallowed - wrongly imo but we still managed to get a draw.

Think the mods should have a stock of valium and anti depressants ready following every game if people are going on like this after just one game.

I need a stiff drink after reading some of the bile that people are posting out there.  I didn't know the season is won or lost after one freaking match.  Plus Kenny doesn't know how to pick a decent team and an eighteen year old is at fault for us losing the league title already.  God some so called supporters need to be lobotomized and save decent fans from having to read/hear their opinions.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #15687 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:23 pm »
I need a stiff drink after reading some of the bile that people are posting out there.  I didn't know the season is won or lost after one freaking match.  Plus Kenny doesn't know how to pick a decent team and an eighteen year old is at fault for us losing the league title already.  God some so called supporters need to be lobotomized and save decent fans from having to read/hear their opinions.

I had a look through the post match thread at about 5.30 and it was just hopeless then.
Just had another looksee and the embers are still getting kicked around and blame apportioned.
As for needing to be lobotomized, judging by their posts I seriously think many already have been.
It's getting grim these days with the expectations of the skywashed generation.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #15688 on: August 13, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »
PTL for this thread.

Declined to read much out there.

to be honest, there's a self-righteous attitude that 'they' are right and our manager & team know nowt.

Find it easier to tell my pirate dogs the truth than that lot.

Life ebbs and flows. Football is the same.

Liverpool is Liverpool.

Onwards and forwards
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #15689 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:27 am »
When you're a global brand apparently you have to listen to your oot's and this football forum is a place where they are allowed to vent their spleen.

Well, there's venting yer spleen and there's looting. Tonight on this site there is wide scale looting with little or no consequence to the perpetrators. Get the water cannon out mods and douse the bastards.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15690 on: August 14, 2011, 12:56:46 am »
When you're a global brand apparently you have to listen to your oot's and this football forum is a place where they are allowed to vent their spleen.

Well, there's venting yer spleen and there's looting. Tonight on this site there is wide scale looting with little or no consequence to the perpetrators. Get the water cannon out mods and douse the bastards.
I know some fantastic Liverpool fans who are "oot's", proper fans who follow us everywhere home and away and always will, come rain or shine.
However, the rest of your post is fucking bang on.

Most of the blerts who are having a go, and always do, and will never have been anywhere near L4, and probably never will should be fucked off from here immediately and banished forever back to their Football Manager games...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #15691 on: August 14, 2011, 01:01:24 am »
Felt really fuckin old complaining to the lad next to me who was half my age that the volume of the music before kick-off was way too loud........thank fuck he agreed instead of saying, "Great story, granddad!"

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15692 on: August 14, 2011, 01:10:41 am »
Felt really fuckin old complaining to the lad next to me who was half my age that the volume of the music before kick-off was way too loud........thank fuck he agreed instead of saying, "Great story, granddad!"
;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15693 on: August 14, 2011, 01:14:43 am »
What else made me feel like an arl arse......*clapclap, clapclapclap, clapclapclapclap - DALGLISH!* - then thinking back to how old I was the last time I did that on The Kop.....I'm ready for me falsies and stick now ta......

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15694 on: August 14, 2011, 01:21:04 am »
What else made me feel like an arl arse......*clapclap, clapclapclap, clapclapclapclap - DALGLISH!* - then thinking back to how old I was the last time I did that on The Kop.....I'm ready for me falsies and stick now ta......
You're only a fucking whipper snapper, me arl son.

I remember when Anfield looked like this...  ;)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15695 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:01 am »
I know some fantastic Liverpool fans who are "oot's", proper fans who follow us everywhere home and away and always will, come rain or shine.However, the rest of your post is fucking bang on.

Most of the blerts who are having a go, and always do, and will never have been anywhere near L4, and probably never will should be fucked off from here immediately and banished forever back to their Football Manager games...

I stand corrected Terry. Got a good mate from Cheshunt goes home and away and hates me for calling him that. Frustration really, I assume those who come out with the verbage I read are not from our shores but I'm probably wrong there too.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15696 on: August 14, 2011, 01:27:26 am »
Terry, that corner of The Kop is not far from how I remember it in the 70s or am I imagining that? I hope that's The Kop like......or I need glasses ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15697 on: August 14, 2011, 01:38:22 am »
I stand corrected Terry. Got a good mate from Cheshunt goes home and away and hates me for calling him that. Frustration really, I assume those who come out with the verbage I read are not from our shores but I'm probably wrong there too.
Again, there are a lots of people who I personally know who "are not from our shores" who could teach these massive bell-ends who feel the need to vent their anger and Worldly Wise Football Manager strategies on how to properly support us.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15698 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:56 am »
Terry, that corner of The Kop is not far from how I remember it in the 70s or am I imagining that? I hope that's The Kop like......or I need glasses ;D
T'was ever so before they rejigged it, mid 70's I think but could be later, memory gone and all that. But that photo is from before the boer war and Billy Liddell must have made his debut that day  ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15699 on: August 14, 2011, 01:42:15 am »
It's exactly how you remember it, mate.

I think that picture was taken in the early 50's and I know for sure that it was hardly any different until it was demolished.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15700 on: August 14, 2011, 02:01:57 am »
Again, there are a lots of people who I personally know who "are not from our shores" who could teach these massive bell-ends who feel the need to vent their anger and Worldly Wise Football Manager strategies on how to properly support us.

Agreed, but they were still educated in how to 'properly support us' by the rank and file. They didn't get it out of a book

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15701 on: August 14, 2011, 02:04:47 am »
Agreed, but they were still educated in how to 'properly support us' by the rank and file. They didn't get it out of a book
Exactly...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15702 on: August 14, 2011, 02:18:23 am »
I haven't looked in any of the other threads. In fact, I barely come on here now, because I can't be arsed with all the nonsense. But in all fairness... if we're going to make a proper challenge this season, this is the type of game we should be winning. I watched it on here. And I know that doesn't qualify me to comment, but the stream was really good and I studied the whole thing from start to finish.

It was really weird listening to the commentator and his sidekick. I don't even know who they were, but it was Sky from some foreign clime. And they're obviouly ordered to hype up Sly's product to the Max, man.... The simplest of passes was practically bringing on orgasms through out the first half, and the cliches, oh dear... Jamie Carragher, backbone of Scouse spine backbone, bleeds red, runs through walls for the shirt. The Anfield choir are rocking now. The King has brought back hope.

I've never heard such bollacks in me life. But this is obviously what loads of RAWK oots are conditioned on. And I had to ask me self was I watching the same game as the pair of idiots that were blathering on.

As much as we had a go in the first half, Sunderland never gave us an inch. And by the time Carroll's goal, a good legitimate one, got struck off, I knew we was in trouble. I hate them games. You all know we're usually in schtuck when we don't finish them off. But the commentators kept purring on about how well Liverpool were playing, when all I seen was a very slow ponderous build up that got snuffed out before we got anywhere near hurting them and a terrible lack of pace, width and ideas. But the fact is, Sunderland never done anything special. They just chased and harried us and stuck to their task, and, as usual, we ran out of energy, gas and ideas.

And I know it's sacriledge to say anything against Kenny but I think he got it wrong today. I know all he wanted was the points and a winning start. I'm not saying he had some sort of personal agenda to fulfil, but, in my book, he shouldn't have started with that team. I know it's good enough to beat Sunderland and most other sides on paper. But the question has to be asked... did all the new lads have to start, was it wise to stick that side out when they'd never even trained, never mind played, together?

I don't even feel right discussing football in this thread, and I'm fucked if I'm doing out there. Still an all though, I think it needs to be said... the kneejerkers have a point. No. I'm not talking about our season being over. I don't want Kenny sacked and the team beheaded. And obviously, I'm not privvy to what's going on at Melwood. But having said that, I still think it would be wiser to settle things down before throwing them all in at the deep end. For starters, I would have never dropped Derek for Henderson. And at the risk of sending the mods into apolepsy... why wasn't Aquilani at least on the bench? Far as I'm concerned, the lad has exactly what we needed and were lacking today... vision, guile, and the ability to hit the right pass early. And in my opinion, Charlie Adam didn't show any of that.

Out there in the nether regions of RAWK, I'm sure all that would bring a load of abuse from one side of the fence and back slapping from the other. But I don't enjoy saying any of it and I'm certainly not slatting anyone, management or players. I'm also not kneejerking, even though this would be seen as kneejerking at it's finest, but the fact is... Arsenal next, fuck that up and we're already off the pace. I know when the season finishes. I know how many twists and turns it will take. I have complete faith in Dalglish and this squad. But I also know we only have one priority this season, the league. And I just don't want them to fuck it up. I really believe we can do this. I want the players to feel the same way. So. let's hope today was the kick up the arse that will get and keep them on track.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15703 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:33 am »
Well, I'm off to bed now and I probably won't be back in for awhile. But just had to say, I stand by all I've said. And, thinking about it, this could be a very strange season. As you aul hands know, Kenny's team selections have always been surprising to say the least. I laugh when I see youngsters moaning on here about Rafa's rotation and his square pegs in round holes. Molby at centre half... thank fuck the internet wasn't about in the 80's. But as we all know, Kenny will do things his way and how he sees fit. I've got no problem with that. But I'm not some kid who thinks he should be called King. I've been around even longer than him and if I feel he got something wrong, I'll say it. And I think he got it wrong today, two relatively untried kids on the right, one making his debut... bad decision that, in my humble opinion.
Night, night.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15704 on: August 14, 2011, 02:47:18 am »
Well, I'm off to bed now and I probably won't be back in for awhile. But just had to say, I stand by all I've said. And, thinking about it, this could be a very strange season. As you aul hands know, Kenny's team selections have always been surprising to say the least. I laugh when I see youngsters moaning on here about Rafa's rotation and his square pegs in round holes. Molby at centre half... thank fuck the internet wasn't about in the 80's. But as we all know, Kenny will do things his way and how he sees fit. I've got no problem with that. But I'm not some kid who thinks he should be called King. I've been around even longer than him and if I feel he got something wrong, I'll say it. And I think he got it wrong today, two relatively untried kids on the right, one making his debut... bad decision that, in my humble opinion.
Night, night.

Before you go scouse. Did you not think it was all a bit familiar with the reds today. Early season, blowing the cobwebs out. Yes there were a few new players on show and it wasn't pretty at times, and with hindsight maybe Kenny would have been wiser to ease Luis and Lucas back in and used Dirk from the off but I liked the line up before kick off, it was bold by Kenny tbf. He will learn a lot from it. He may even go again with the same team next Saturday. All that happened was we ran out of steam. On another day we would have gone in 2 up with the mackems down to ten. If that's the worst we play this season, we'll be okay mate. Goodnight and good luck

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15705 on: August 14, 2011, 03:06:02 am »
I'll say it. And I think he got it wrong today, two relatively untried kids on the right, one making his debut... bad decision that, in my humble opinion.
Night, night.
I wouldn't argue with that, Leo. I also would have had Spearing there instead of Lucas. Not because I don't like or rate the lad, far from it but I feel he looked physically fucked just before the hour mark.

But at the end of the day....

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15706 on: August 14, 2011, 03:43:37 am »

Whereas many of this day's lot, including them that live within the Citadel walls got the learning from a square box called Sky. :lickin

Early afternoon in OZ. We've done the post-match moaning by phone & email. Re-planned the squad. Usual fun. Then had a giggle as we shared comments from our uneducated.

Pirate dogs are well pleased the spleen venting is over.... they dont quite grasp there's more to come.

Not unlike the human uneducated types.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15707 on: August 14, 2011, 03:47:54 am »
We deserved to win the game by about 3 goals.  We played some great football today but we didn't take our chances.  I think we were guilty of ball watching for the Sunderland goal.  I'm a bit depressed about the result but not the performance.  We played fantastically well today and were maybe just a bit unlucky.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #15708 on: August 14, 2011, 08:31:28 am »
Didn't see any of the games live but watched some of MOTD last night until I nodded in the chair. Thought that QPR were naive and perhaps a tad lazy or ill-prepared/unfit for the rigours of the EPL.

Bolton looked like Barcelona at times as they brushed the Championship winners aside. It shows the massive gulf that exists between the two highest divisions of English football.

Looking at the games I did stay awake long enough to recall anything about, I think all I could say on the basis of that showing is there are going to be no easy games in the Premier league this season.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15709 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:14 am »
Before you go scouse. Did you not think it was all a bit familiar with the reds today. Early season, blowing the cobwebs out. Yes there were a few new players on show and it wasn't pretty at times, and with hindsight maybe Kenny would have been wiser to ease Luis and Lucas back in and used Dirk from the off but I liked the line up before kick off, it was bold by Kenny tbf. He will learn a lot from it. He may even go again with the same team next Saturday. All that happened was we ran out of steam. On another day we would have gone in 2 up with the mackems down to ten. If that's the worst we play this season, we'll be okay mate. Goodnight and good luck
Yeah. I did think it was very familiar. But I wouldn't put it all down rust. In my book, it was too many new players, too quickly. But the familiar bit was the lack of nouse. Once Sunderland refused to buckle and kept pressing the ball we ran out of ideas. I'm not slatting anyone for that though. I just think it was a rick and we'll learn from it. And, as you say, the longer they play together the better they'll get. And it's alright me being a smart arse after the event, I know nothing. That's me point in a way... I trust Kenny completely. No one wants him to bring back the old glories more than me. I also think we've got the squad to do it now. I'd like to see another centre half in before the window shuts, but I think we're good enough to give it a real go. That's down to Kenny and I'm sure he'll get them playing far better than that.
We deserved to win the game by about 3 goals.  We played some great football today but we didn't take our chances.  I think we were guilty of ball watching for the Sunderland goal.  I'm a bit depressed about the result but not the performance.  We played fantastically well today and were maybe just a bit unlucky.
In me first post, I said it was one of them games. We're all used to them.... we dominate, but can't get ahead and it all goes downhill from there. Missed pen, good goal disallowed, Downing near busting the bar, I knew it was going to be a struggle after that and we'd need a bit of luck to get all 3 points. But I also thought we could have easily lost that game an all.
We're going to come up against better teams than that. And like Johno's just said, there'll be no easy games. No one is going to lie down for us. We'll have to play far better than that if we won't to do anything. Like I just said to Bobby, all too familiar.... Team refuses to lay down, we huff and puff, and get nowhere. We were lucky not to get that game nicked off us at the very end. We have to do better.

We've got nothing else to go for. There's no pressure on us. Of course people like me will have high expectations. Kenny understands that. He knows that's normal for LFC. It's also normal to get patience an loyalty. I'm happy to give them all the time in the world. I'd still be around no matter what. But if we want to give it a go this season, and I do, we can't afford to drop many points in these games.

Oh well, that's enough of me. We'll see. But I just hope it all gels quickly, or Kenny finds the right balance until it does. Because I don't think we can give this new team a running in period and expect a proper challenge.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15710 on: August 14, 2011, 10:16:02 am »
Yeah. I did think it was very familiar. But I wouldn't put it all down rust. In my book, it was too many new players, too quickly. But the familiar bit was the lack of nouse. Once Sunderland refused to buckle and kept pressing the ball we ran out of ideas. I'm not slatting anyone for that though. I just think it was a rick and we'll learn from it. And, as you say, the longer they play together the better they'll get. And it's alright me being a smart arse after the event, I know nothing. That's me point in a way... I trust Kenny completely. No one wants him to bring back the old glories more than me. I also think we've got the squad to do it now. I'd like to see another centre half in before the window shuts, but I think we're good enough to give it a real go. That's down to Kenny and I'm sure he'll get them playing far better than that. In me first post, I said it was one of them games. We're all used to them.... we dominate, but can't get ahead and it all goes downhill from there. Missed pen, good goal disallowed, Downing near busting the bar, I knew it was going to be a struggle after that and we'd need a bit of luck to get all 3 points. But I also thought we could have easily lost that game an all.
We're going to come up against better teams than that. And like Johno's just said, there'll be no easy games. No one is going to lie down for us. We'll have to play far better than that if we won't to do anything. Like I just said to Bobby, all too familiar.... Team refuses to lay down, we huff and puff, and get nowhere. We were lucky not to get that game nicked off us at the very end. We have to do better.

We've got nothing else to go for. There's no pressure on us. Of course people like me will have high expectations. Kenny understands that. He knows that's normal for LFC. It's also normal to get patience an loyalty. I'm happy to give them all the time in the world. I'd still be around no matter what. But if we want to give it a go this season, and I do, we can't afford to drop many points in these games.

Oh well, that's enough of me. We'll see. But I just hope it all gels quickly, or Kenny finds the right balance until it does. Because I don't think we can give this new team a running in period and expect a proper challenge.

Morning Leo,

I think you've summed up the teething troubles your lads had yesterday pretty well. In due course, they will gel more - as good players always bring the best out in each other. Once they've tuned in to the wavelengths and all that stuff, they cannot but perform instinctively better.
It will take some time though and from what I'm hearing on here re the other threads here, there are some of your instant success "supporters" who might not give the manager the necessary breathing space to shape his quality squad into a quality team.

Take care mate and have a decent weekend.

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Pheeny

« Reply #15711 on: August 14, 2011, 10:18:10 am »
just thought I'd point out this poster to show you old uns there is hope .He's 16 by the way....

posted here

Kenny's line up?

The line up was interesting to be honest. He played Flanno instead of first-choice Kelly, whom I would have preferred but Dalglish is boss. It was very exciting to see Enrique play for us considering he signed just two days ago. I was very happy to see Suarez being chosen in the starting line-up and knew he would be adding that extra flair which would make us attack more and seem more dangerous. Apart from them three, the strongest 11 was chosen and I had no problem with Dalglish's selection.

Henderson rushed in to quickly ?

No, he looked bright. Having played 74 games for Sunderland, he had insight on how Steve Bruce must have been planning and in my eyes was the right choice. Henderson playing 60/70 -ish minutes was what I hoped for anyway.

In the final moments, we let our heads get rushed with panic and played the long ball up to Carroll, hoping rather than planning. And that's the main worry for me. When the going gets tough, do we plan and plot or kick and hope?

My main worry for the rest of the season. We seemed brilliant with our play and chances until the goal we conceded. It seemed like when the going got tough for Liverpool, Liverpool ( may I point out Carra unfortunately ) get hoofing. I was in the crowd and even we were getting restless. It seemed like all players had resorted to just kicking the ball over to Carroll so the lad can then miraculously found space for himself and finished it off himself. Okay, fine the big lad is well 'big', but that doesn't mean he can only head the ball. The wingers should put crosses in towards his feet as well. Now, I know this is only the first game of the season and maybe we were a bit too excited but these are the types of results where we need to convert to wins. We need to find a Plan B or still play attractive, decent, direct football.

It's not the end of the season, it's not the best start but lets have a think about two things:
The line up - too much change too soon?
And is there a grand plan or a plan A then plant it up?

I don't mind the line-up changing every now and then. We have to adapt to teams like Rafa used to do. Even though this is Kenny and he will do it his way, Raul, Aquilani, Maxi and Dirk will be given chances. As long as the King knows what he's doing with the line-ups and we're getting the results... We should stay happy.

I think there is a Grand Plan but Kenny is to decide that and I won't really be commenting on it till I've seen the first two/three months.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15712 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:20 am »
Had a great deal of pleasure to read these latest posts. (Even from our down the road mate!). :)

There we were longing  for start of season. This morning lets us know it's going to be (another) twist & turn type. :)

GO YOU REDMEN ( with THE LIVERBIRD)
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15713 on: August 14, 2011, 11:21:40 am »
just thought I'd point out this poster to show you old uns there is hope .He's 16 by the way....

posted here

So there is a bit of hope...

Some of the reactions in the now locked (thank goodness) post match thread are embarrassing to say the least, how you Mods stay calm in a sea of shite I'll never know.  I didn't look in here until around 10:00 last night, knowing what the outcome of not winning would mean.  If people exercised a bit of self-control and not log on after the match for a couple of hours they'd stop themselves from being on the receiving end of a ban. 

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15714 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:15 pm »
Morning Johno. That was the right phrase you used... teething troubles. And the young lad seems to have it right... judgement should be reserved for a few months yet. I'll just be sick if we're unable to catch up by the time it all gels. I can see it being an open race this season, with plenty of twists and turns. I'll be absolutely made up if we're still in it come Easter.

But on the subject of kneejerkers and sane young reds, it's like most other things nowadays... The knobs get all the attention, but I know some cracking young lads. Some of them would put me to shame now, not just when I was their age. I honestly know loads of really good kids from the matches, but I don't even know their names. It's funny though, they treat me with loads of respect. It's nice, but it makes me feel dead old. It was hilarious at one game. I forget, it was Bucharest or Budapest. But I was standing there with a few aul mates. We'd got in handy but there was no place to hang the flag so I'd laid it out across the seats. I knew there'd be plenty of room and if there wasn't I'd have just moved it. But when it started filling up a bit, this young lad kept standing on it. I know him from the games. You couldn't meet a nicer kid. But when I kept telling him to stop standing on me flag, he roared...
"Ahh fuck off, you fuckin' arl scally."

You'd have to know the kid. I'm not just saying it for effect, he's carried me bag a few times on Euro trips, just took it and carried it for me. A really nice respectful polite young man. He looked at me, mortified, when he had his outburst. Me and me mates were in hysterics. But he was properly sorry. In fact, I had to tell him to shut up and stop saying he was sorry.
No. There's some cracking young un's about. They can't be judged by the whoppers on here. Besides, I know plenty of old divvies, even ones that go the match, week in, week out.

Oh well, just looking forward to the season now and hoping to make me normal ten or so games. I hope the old bug really comes back. I was a bit put off, but anyway...
talking of young people, our Alfie isn't exactly talking yet but every time I see him he's using more and more words. He trots everywhere after her, shouting "Nan-Nan, Nan-Nan." So she's made up, especially because he's trying to say Grampy, like he's sister calls me, except it comes out as "Granny."
I suppose you'd have to see it/hear it, but it has me in pleats.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15715 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:30 pm »
Oh well, I'm off. Lovely traditional Sunday here, though. Skipped the roast, went straight to the salad. It was a bit more than the bit of lettuce, tomato, onion, salad cream, and corned beef (John West salmon if there was a few bob) that we used to get on a Sunday night, like. But Johnny Cash, Al Bowlly, Mario Lanza on the juke box, all we need is me Aul Fella doing his Sunday job, his one and only job all week, hovering the stairs before he went the alehouse, and it would be just like when I was a kid.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15716 on: August 14, 2011, 03:57:47 pm »
Thats right! 

Sunday night was always the same, tinned salmon, mashed potato with very fine cut onion mixed in, celery stuffed with grated cheese and salad cream mixed together,  and bits of salad to pile on the plate too - delicious.

My Mum used to do a lovely boiled beef and carrot's - wish I knew how she did it because I have never had it since I was a kid and would love to do a really good pan of it.

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15717 on: August 15, 2011, 07:34:44 am »
Mondays in our house was always a fry up from sunday roast leftovers,
providing it wasn`t  thrown in the pig swill bin.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15718 on: August 15, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »
Mondays in our house was always a fry up from sunday roast leftovers,
providing it wasn`t  thrown in the pig swill bin.

WHAT? Leftovers that went in the pig swill bin?? Didn't you like "bubble and squeak" in your house?  I bloody love it - always have and now the grandkids are just the same.

My wife makes extra just so we can have B&S the next day - fried in a bit of butter (with a sprinkle of olive oil too these healthy eating days  ::) ::)) with a little salt and more than a smattering of white pepper... buttered crusty bread, a plate of the piping hot B&S on me knee on a tray in front of the telly and that's as close to paradise as I'll get....

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15719 on: August 15, 2011, 03:54:23 pm »
whats this left over stuff? never heard of it - three human vacuum cleaners in our house growing up -me dad used to eat anything the more grissly and full of fat the better (still does)

we had stuff like soup made from the bones of whatever animal we'd eaten at the weekend on a monday but there wasn't anything generally edible left on a Sunday evening

thursdays was egg and chips given the money had generally run out by then - I remember that - i remember me mum one time gave us gammon steaks and put a ring of pineapple on the top - that was luxury and as exotic as we ever had with the cooking
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:13:40 pm by Vulmea »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.