The sun is shining, I've stuck my itunes on party shuffle, the boss isn't in today, so I've compiled another long forgotten quiz for everyone (seeing as you were all so nice on my birthday yesterday)
Basically - stuck the shuffle on, and these are snippets of the first 20 songs that came up.
Have fun - and no cheating, you're only cheating yourself etc...I want artist names AND song title! And don't start just posting one answer at a time as they come to you - you're giving them away for everyone else!
Think about it, get as many as you can without peeking, and post as much as you can for all 20!
1. used to make love under the red sunset, I was making promises I couldn't forget
2. I see hope is here, in a plastic box, I've seen christmas lights, reflect in your eyes
3. now don't look to us, Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
4. She's got eyes of the bluest skies, As if they thought of rain
5. Im through with sleeping on the sidewalk, No more beating my brains, No more beating my brains with liquor and drugs
6. Like a star that guides a ship across the ocean that's how your love will take me home back to you
7. And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away
8. Rode down the highway, Broke the limit, we hit the ton, Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
9. Although Im not making plans, I hope that you understand theres a reason why
10. Instead I warm my hands upon the flames of the flag To recall our downfall
11. And if I could swim, Then Id get out and find my boat, Sail away to my favourite coast, And let you all in
12. Mad Lizzy Crumbs blind cobblers thumbs were a sight to behold
13. All I learnt at school Was how to bend not break the rules
14. Now theres no justice Theres only yourself - that you can trust in
15. Beyond the palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard, The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
16. I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
17. It smelt as if someone had died; the living room was full of flies
18. There he stood and there we left Outside the flashing neon sign
19. Give me spots on my apples But leave me the birds and the bees
20. Is my timing that flawed, Our respect run so dry?
(apologies to mod - the original thread got merged into media and arts in the great board seperation of 2006 - but I think this, as a quiz, is more a boozer topic, so banged it in here)