Author Topic: Liam Harker, R.I.P sadly passed away on may 5th at 4pm - ynwa liam  (Read 160792 times)

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
to let ppl now this thread n banners 4 liam ave now merged as 1 just so ppl now has had loads pms asking were that link had gone

cheers

i would like to THANK LFC PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPT they have made a young dying lads dreams come true THANK U!!!!

PLEASE READ IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the story is!!!!!

liam harker is a 17 yo lad from the north east an avid fan of his beloved rafas reds LIVERPOOL F.C...5-6 weeks ago this brave lad was admitted to the RVI HOSP IN NEWCASTLE and was diognosed with stomach cancer he was treated with radiotherapy and on thursday 3RD APRIL after intense treatment was told he had beat the cancer as it had started to shrink in his stomach,friday morning every thing was looking good and positive 4 this brave lad ...then friday night he took a turn 4 the worse
he become very ill and poorly and had a scan and xrays which only revealed the cancer had spread,theyhad initially killed 20% of the cancer but unfortunatly 40% had returned over his body and the poor LIVERPOOL FAN ONLY 17 WAS told THERES NOTHING MORE THAT CAN BE DONE FOR HIM apart from 5 days of radiotherapy WHICH WOULD GIVE THE LAD A FEW MORE DAYS TO LIVE..THIS LAD HAS 2 WEEKS TO LIVE!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

friday just gone he was allowed home to die as he has 2 weeks to live and at his darlington home macmillan nurses are on hand round the clock to help him and His family in this hard time for liams needs

LIAMS WISH TO HIS DAD WAS TO BE ABLE TO SPEND AND SIT HIS DYING DAYS IN A SIGNED SHIRT FROM HIS BELOVED RED MEN AND TO BE BURIED IN IT :-[ :-[ :-[...HIS DAD SAID HE WANTS TO GIVE LIAM 1 LAST HAPPY DAY HAS HE LIVES AND BREEDS RAFAS RED MEN

as im a mad red fan from liverpool but living in the north east a family friend asked could i pull any strings so i contacted lfc public relations spoke to a lovely girl who passed all details on to her manager they read through everything and on monday contacted me asking for liams home address as his wish had come true whichi was really thankful for and his dad was 2 as well as every1 else

yesterday morning i recieved another call from them saying can they have liams telephone number as other things were being dealt with

HE RANG LIAMS DAD AND ONLY INVITED THIS YOUNG DYING REDS FAN A DAY TO REMEMBER ONCE IN A LIFE TIME TO COME DOWN LIVERPOOL ON MONDAY AND VISIT THE GROUND HAVE A TOUR MEET ALL THE PLAYERS BUT ""RAFA"" 1ST AND GET LOTS OF SIGNED SHIRTS AND MEMORIBILLIA....

his dad is heart broken and was lost 4 words as liam doesnt know about it ..we are waiting for macmillan nurses and docs to say yes to see if liam is strong enough to travel but FINGERS CROSSED THEY DO to FULLFILL A LADS DREAM COME TRUE

if u want to read about liams trials an tribulations  log in to

http://forum.bullbreedsonline.com/index.php?showtopic=59930
(you may have to register to log in)

this link is to the site rob liams dad its a world wide dog forum
as liam and his familly show staffordshire bull terriers,liam and his familly have support world wide,

THANK YOU SO MUCH PUBLIC RELATIONS

UPDATE(APRIL 16TH)
hello john,
please could you add this on to the footy forum from me,
the medical team at the RVI are advising against travelling to LIVERPOOL in case his condition worsens between now and monday , and the travelling to and from the RVI for radiotherapy takes a great deal out of LIAM ,so the medical team and a social worker are in contact with LIVERPOOL FC to see if there was some kind of plan B as liams time is running out,we were actually given between 2-4 weeks and that was just over a week a go,
john...i cant thank you enough for all your help in this,i couldn't have managed with out you,
thanx also to all the well wishers...
this is so heart breaking,i cry everytime i type and think about liam and his familly.
thanx once again
JAYNE XX

UPDATED 18TH APRIL
---------------------------

liam asked us to put these pics on and to say a big thankyou to everyone for all the messages theyv been posting and a speciel thankyou to JAYNE for the fantastic suprise today a liverpool signed shirt and bits, it made today a special day and brought tears to my eyes to know that people really do care. its given us a special memory which we will treasure for a long time and that alone is worth its weight in gold. thankyou

tracie reuben LIAMS PARENTS

below on liams request is the pics of him in his signed shirt from the mighty red men

« Last Edit: May 6, 2008, 05:58:45 pm by Rushian »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Re: MAKING A LADS DREAM COME TRUE
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:13:57 am »
extremly sad story! Wish everyone involved the very best!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline culbs

• Kopite
  • 5 is more than 3
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:17:44 am »
Tear jerking.

Lost my grandfather to cancer recently and went through his suffering for a year, but a 17 year old kid its just shocking.

Enjoy your day Liam.

YNWA.
"Liverpool is one of those clubs that any coach always dreams about being able to manage" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:23 am »
i hope he travels. im sure everyone will pull out the stops for him. such a shame it happens this way.   :(
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:21:29 am »
So sad to hear of the pain this guy is going through....but so pleased that he is allowed to fulfill his last wish!

YNWA and God bless mate!
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:58 am »
Brought a tear to my eye that.

Hope he makes it and really enjoys the day.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:57 am »
Very sad story. Keep us informed, I wish him all the strength in the world to travel and fulfill his dream.
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:30:46 am »
That's such a sad story.  Hope he enjoys his day out at Liverpool. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:31:18 am »
Very sad that. Hope he gets to fulfill his dream

YNWA
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:33:50 am »
ill keep every1 informed when i find out from jane ok

YNWA LIAM

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:03 am »
Really touching story. All the best Liam and wish you all the best for your visit to Anfield.

YNWA Liam.

Once a Red always a Red.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 10:37:55 am »
Such a heart-breaking storey, I hope the poor lad makes it to Anfield and has the time of his life!

YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:00 am »
No matter what you read, this club is about people, not money. I hope the warmth of our club lifts his spirits. You'll Never Walk Alone Liam.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:19 am »
Very sad, and puts everything else.........EVERYTHING else into perspective.
Hope the lad (and family) have the sort of day that they thoroughly deserve.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 10:39:36 am »
It really makes you think, I thought I had problems until I read that, we don't ever realise how lucky we are.

YNWA Liam.

Offline scousejon

• Isn't called Jon, doesn't live in Woolton and definately doesn't sell iPhone cases
  • Kopite
  • If it aint broke dont hicks it
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 10:41:35 am »
a happy ending to a very sad story.  lets hope we beat chelsea for the lads sake aswell.

YNWA

JFT 96

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:33 am »
He'll be in good company soon.
I've heard there's a couple of old managers who take good care of red's up there.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:35 am »
I'm really moved, reading that. I hope Liam gets his wish. Well done the anonymous girl in public realtions at the club. You make us proud.

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:43 am »
update udate update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just recieved this in an email

hello john,
the medical team at the RVI are advising against travelling to LIVERPOOL in case his condition worsens between now and monday , and the travelling to and from the RVI for radiotherapy takes a great deal out of LIAM ,so the medical team and a social worker are in contact with LIVERPOOL FC to see if there was some kind of plan B as liams time is running out,we were actually given between 2-4 weeks and that was just over a week a go,
john...i cant thank you enough for all your help in this,i couldn't have managed with out you,
this is so heart breaking,i cry everytime i type and think about liam and his familly.
thanx once again
jayne
xx

Offline scousejon

• Isn't called Jon, doesn't live in Woolton and definately doesn't sell iPhone cases
  • Kopite
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 10:42:58 am »
It really makes you think, I thought I had problems until I read that, we don't ever realise how lucky we are.

YNWA Liam.

In one
JFT 96

Offline scousejon

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 10:44:50 am »
update udate update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just recieved this in an email

hello john,
thanx once again
jayne
xx

thats really sad news.

Hope LFC sort it out.  Should send a few players up to meet him.  Would mean the world to the lad and his family.
JFT 96

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 10:46:35 am »
i have personally mentioned like jayne michael owen the rvi is a stones throw away from st james pk...     yes hes a magpie but was once a reds player
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:48:57 am by kopitered2005 »

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 10:51:09 am »
ive posted an update on origianl topic

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: (update update update)!!!MAKING A LADS DREAM COME TRUE
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:56 am »
So sad, have tears in my eyes after reading that. Hope something can be worked out for him.

God bless Liam. YNWA.

Offline ScotsRed

• Kemlynite
  • Kenny is the King.....Fact
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 10:56:59 am »
That is such a sad story, I hope the club and the medical staff can sort something out for Liam.

I pray that Liam is given the strength and fortitude to have his dream day.

YNWA
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 10:57:25 am »
I'll say a prayer for the young lad......Hope he gets some final happiness in his short life.

Shanks will keep him a seat in the Kop in heaven.

YNWA Liam.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 11:07:54 am »
Really hope it works out and Liam realises this particuolar dream of his - its the least a 17 y/o lad that has been through what he has deserves.

A friend of mine went through something very similar a couple of years ago. He was 18 and one of the fittest people i knew when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Was heart breaking to see.

My thoughts go out to all of you.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 11:10:16 am »
Such a terribly sad and moving story, really does make you stop and think.

YNWA Liam.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline zypher

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 11:12:47 am »
God Bless LIAM and hope that the team wins the Champions League Trophy for him come May 2008.  YNWA

Offline DanMB

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 11:13:09 am »
YNWA Liam. Hope it works out :'(

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:05 am »
sad news got a lump in my throat, would be great if he could meet a few of the players. and get that shirt he want's
brings to perspective what this clubs means to people when there die'ing wish is to have a signed liverpool shirt
strengh to him and his family

YNWA
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline Manav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 11:18:43 am »
Such a sad story. YNWA Liam. I really hope that he gets to go to Anfield and meets the players. As mentioned above, this club is about the people.

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 11:21:22 am »
LIAM AS BEEN ADVISED NOT TO TRAVEL A RECENT EMAIL I RECIEVIED FROM MY FRIEND & LIAMS FAMILY FRIEND JAYNE

gutted gutted gutted

hello john,
thanx once again
jayne
xx

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 11:25:59 am »
Is there no way the players can meet him after training one day?

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline kopitered2005

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 11:36:10 am »
well he is a far way away fromlpool but liams medical team n social workers helping his family liase with liverpool fc so see wat comes from it..

KEEP EVERY1 UPDATED AS I GET THE INFO

Offline Kings Of Istanbul 5

• Main Stander
  • The Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 11:38:50 am »
YNWA MATE X
Youll Never Walk Alone It Said , Torres Torres

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 11:40:14 am »
well he is a far way away fromlpool but liams medical team n social workers helping his family liase with liverpool fc so see wat comes from it..

KEEP EVERY1 UPDATED AS I GET THE INFO

Must be a way around it. Sure some of the players would be more than happy to oblige given the situation.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 11:42:52 am »
i dont wish this to sound harsh but this is what i reckon. the poor lad has not long left. he obviously adores Liverpool fc. i agree that the trip will take a lot out of him BUT if the lad only has a few weeks he needs to get the best out of it. A trip to meet his heroes would give him a memory that will keep him happy during the last few weeks. The inevitable truth is harsh but what a way to go. achieving a dream. i think they should get him there by hook or by crook. lay on the works for him.

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 11:44:07 am »
God Bless Liam
YNWA
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 11:49:30 am »
Heartbreaking story and puts all else in perspective.
There must be a way of getting the players, or at least his favourite players, up to the north-east to visit.
Thanks for the updates mate.
Hope for good news
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon