Poll

Well...

Great Ref
Good Ref
Ok Ref
Shite
Total Shite
Inbred wankstain that would be lucky to get a job in fucking Tescos

Author Topic: Ref Watch !  (Read 11391 times)

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
Ref Watch !
« on: March 26, 2008, 08:46:30 am »
You thought crimewatch was good.  Well I bring you Ref watch.  Unfortunately these inept tribe of clowns can't be sentenced to years in prison.

I'd like this to be a weekly series that can highlight the inconsistent nature of our "professional" ref's.  Yes this is a Liverpool fans backlash to the dissent to referee's backlash but I know for a fact this recent flavour of the month application of the football laws will soon diminish.

I really want to see how long it is before other notorious players (Rooney, Terry et al) start performing their usual rants at the ref without punishment or the media witch hunt.

Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Ref Watch !
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:50:15 am »
You thought crimewatch was good.  Well I bring you Ref watch.  Unfortunately these inept tribe of clowns can't be sentenced to years in prison.

I'd like this to be a weekly series that can highlight the inconsistent nature of our "professional" ref's.  Yes this is a Liverpool fans backlash to the dissent to referee's backlash but I know for a fact this recent flavour of the month application of the football laws will soon diminish.

I really want to see how long it is before other notorious players (Rooney, Terry et al) start performing their usual rants at the ref without punishment or the media witch hunt.

Rooney will never get 2 yellow cards for dissent. He would never ever finish a competitive match in the rest of his career.

So he'll either be ignored or given a verbal warning then every blue moon he'll get a yellow card.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andore

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:41 am »
Rooney will never get 2 yellow cards for dissent. He would never ever finish a competitive match in the rest of his career.

Well, since he plays half his games at Old Trafford it makes it even less likely.

This current dissent fad will probably only last a couple of weeks, until next media hullabaloo, but long term this could make an interesting read. I wonder if we might even find out if there is a good referee out there. I cant think of one, is there a current PL ref that actually deserves some respect for being a competent professional? (ideally without bias to one that might have made a mistake in our favour)

Offline Kite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 02:59:06 pm »
Right lads.  Get you eyes peeled for today.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 03:03:02 pm »
You're hoping aren't you? They've got a scapegoat now.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Kite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »
You're hoping aren't you? They've got a scapegoat now.

Its gona take at least 4-5 weeks for normal shite service to resume

Maybe even into next season.

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 12:55:02 am »

"Ref Watch is suffering from Technical Difficulties at the moment and will be back soon to give you the latest in refereeing shenanigans from across the globe. . . Please stay tuned."
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 12:11:29 pm »
Who's today's bellend ?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 12:22:27 pm »
Who's today's bellend ?

Howard Webb

Matches         Red         Yellow         Average
   23                   1                82                3.61

He was the ref against Arsenal and also ref the united vs arsenal game without making him a backpager....he look sound
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 01:11:23 pm »
Ooooooo can I start a player watch thread where we note down every single mistake a player makes during a match like we are with this referee one? I bet the player's thread is longer!

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 01:38:39 pm »
Having seen Styles' latest this morning, I nearly pissed myself.  How is he allowed to ref anything higher up than an U-12's game?
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline josejohn

• Boys Pen
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 03:31:11 pm »
Who's today's bellend ?
BET YOU HOPE IT'S CLOTTENBERG?

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 05:07:29 pm »
Ooooooo can I start a player watch thread where we note down every single mistake a player makes during a match like we are with this referee one? I bet the player's thread is longer!

Thats andys Dirk Kuyt thread
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 06:11:40 pm »
Thats andys Dirk Kuyt thread

Haha.

Howard Webb was very good today I thought.

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 06:57:09 pm »
Haha.

Howard Webb was very good today I thought.

He handle a derby match like it should be today.  Shame his (prick) colleague could not do that last week
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline the red rebel

• Legacy Fan
  • our eyes hath seen the glory
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 06:58:54 pm »
was it alan wiley who gave chelsea the pen at anfield or the knobhead styles?  styles gave a pathetic pen to brum city yesterday.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »
Webb had a good game, however, why was Hibbert not booked for his dissent, a rant at the lino when he'd already been booked?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
was it alan wiley who gave chelsea the pen at anfield or the knobhead styles?  styles gave a pathetic pen to brum city yesterday.

Styles. Horrible ref
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 07:09:26 pm »
He handle a derby match like it should be today.  Shame his (prick) colleague could not do that last week

agree entirely, should have booked Yakubu for a pathetic dive and Hibbert for ranting at the linesman
but i'm just nitpicking i suppose
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:12:21 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 07:15:45 pm »
I thought Webb was absolutly outstanding today.

Best performance on the park
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 07:22:50 pm »
Webb had a good game, however, why was Hibbert not booked for his dissent, a rant at the lino when he'd already been booked?

was exactley what I thought.
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 07:38:08 pm »

Because it's common sense refereeing which 1) realises that a player is frustrated at a decision given by the assistand and 2) gives the player the opportunity to calm himself down and his team a chance to curb his behaviour before he gets sent off. Webb used the opportunity to tell Hibbert to calm it or he walks, the red card should always be kept in your pocket until it's needed which is what Webb did. Something Bennett didn't do last week.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »
Because it's common sense refereeing which 1) realises that a player is frustrated at a decision given by the assistand and 2) gives the player the opportunity to calm himself down and his team a chance to curb his behaviour before he gets sent off. Webb used the opportunity to tell Hibbert to calm it or he walks, the red card should always be kept in your pocket until it's needed which is what Webb did. Something Bennett didn't do last week.

Spot on.

Webb's the best referee in the country precisely for that reason. He knows when a quick word will do and when a yellow is warranted.

In fact he's so far ahead of the other refs its almost embarrassing. I mean, that pen that brum got yesterday....
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 07:53:51 pm »

exactly

he and Carsley had the odd word throughout the game but nothing was done, would have been like kicking a puppy dog when it was down though.
BET YOU HOPE IT'S CLOTTENBERG?

:wave

:lmao

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 09:25:31 pm »

I know all that, and I agree with Webbs decision, I was simply trying to make a point. However it serves to highlight the utter cuntishness of Bennett and the gross hypocrisy and corrupotion at the FA and Premier League. Bennett should be apologising to Torres for not offering him any protection and Masch's ban should be rescinded. Too late now obviously.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 11:57:47 pm »

AAAAAAGGHHHH will you let it go Welsh. Every time someone starts on refs

Youre a ref. We get it. You dont have to remind us all by defending them at every single opportunity no matter how little. Well done on being a ref.

If you can run blow a whistle and recognise when someone has thrown themselves on the floor youre already miles ahead of the total idiot that is Rob Styles. This man is undefendable. So please dont.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 12:48:23 am »
Howard Webb is one of Europe's elite refs and is booked to referee at the Euro finals this summer as Britain's sole representative, i think today he showed why.

he controlled one of the most heated derbies in western Europe, there weren't any major incidents, violence, sendings off or plain bad decisions though I do agree that Yakubu should have been booked for that disgraceful dive

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 03:03:28 am »
Which twat gave that handball in the Villa Boro game?

One of the most shocking decisions I've seen in yonks, think it was Bennett come to think of it, him and Styles can fuck off.
hi

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 09:45:59 am »
Comparing Webb to Bennett is like comparing a North Sea Oil Tanker to a Star-wrought flaming octopus made of kebabs
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline groundhog

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 10:11:38 am »
Bluekipper have a thread like this. It's 8,276 pages long, and that's just for this season.

Offline Kite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 01:40:06 pm »

I think you'll find there are multiple players threads every weekend.  And this isn't just to point out mistakes.  Consistency and direction is also something I'd like to pick up.

Like how long before some player doesn his nut way more than our lad Mascherano and gets no punishment.

Anyway.  This is a football site about opinions.  If fans aren't allowed opinions on ref's then we'd have feck all to bitch about.

Offline Parpello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 05:23:39 pm »
According to the papers, there were a few confrontations with the ref in the Reading v Blackburn game, & even though Clattenburg sent off 1 & booked 9 he never really got to grips with the dissent.  Coppell & Hughes both said they were unaware of any new refereeing directive.  I think it puts into perspective Bennett & the media's performance last week.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #32 on: April 2, 2008, 05:34:29 pm »
ITV:
Breather for Styles after erring
April 02 2008
Referee Rob Styles has been 'rested' from Premier League action this weekend after a series of bizarre decisions.

He appeared to 'even things up' in Birmingham's 3-1 win over Manchester City last weekend, by awarding Blues a highly contentious penalty after sending off defender Franck Queudrue earlier in the game.

This was the third game in a row that Styles has pulled such a trick, giving penalties to Nottingham Forest and Watford after dismissing players in their games against Northampton and Stoke respectively.

Styles, who came under immense pressure earlier in the season because of his poor handling of the Chelsea v Liverpool game at Anfield - in which he awarded an extremely soft spot-kick to Florent Malouda - has been left off both the Premier League and Football League lists for the weekend action.

Uriah Rennie will also be putting his feet up after his decision to send off Steve Kabba in the Hornets' game against Hull was overturned this week.

This suggests that referees' chief Keith Hackett is continuing a policy of cracking down on poor performances from his officials.

Mike Riley was 'rested' last weekend after his perceived mishandling of the Tottenham v Chelsea game last month, in which he failed to send Ashley Cole off for a late and high challenge on Alan Hutton.

Hackett's got them under a lot of pressure...

...Rob 'Even it up' Styles is a shocking story.  :o
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #33 on: April 2, 2008, 10:09:54 pm »
Hands up who thought the ref did well tonight?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2008, 10:11:00 pm »
Hands up who thought the ref did well tonight?

:wave

He was Clattenburg-esque  ;D
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2008, 10:30:34 pm »
He was piss poor. Im not complaining like, but he was shite. I think this was only his 2nd or 3rd CL game. What the fuck are UEFA doing giving a quater final tie to a novice. Surely the less experienced refs should get a couple of low key group games under their belts before they ref in knock out ties. Then again, its UEFA I guess
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2008, 02:41:37 am »
Unbelievable decision on Kuyt given his position. I can't help but think of the Dutch connection Keys mentioned at the end - difficult to penalise and probably send off a local hero.

I sympathised with his reluctance to caution anyone though. Referees ought to be absolutely sure in games at this level.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »
Who reffed the brum vs villa match today? i just seen him on MOTD 2 shoving the 2 lads who were squaring up to each other. Id love to see that done to Rooney or Terry :D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 11:05:16 pm »
Who reffed the brum vs villa match today? i just seen him on MOTD 2 shoving the 2 lads who were squaring up to each other. Id love to see that done to Rooney or Terry :D

Wasn't it Clattenberg?
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »
Wasn't it Clattenberg?

Yeah it was, ive just heard him mentioned now. Fair fucks to him.