We need to stop making & looking for excuses and start being honest & identify the areas of our game / sqaud that need improving if we are to win no. 19 before the bloody Mancs do.
Just this season - using some big games as examples... We had around half an hour to score after Chelsea were awarded a lucky penalty and equlised at Anfield. We were behind 1-0 and hadn't really looked anything like scoring when Masch was sent off against the Mancs on sunday.
The more I hear from Rafa and Masch about the incident leading to Masch's 2nd yellow, the more annoyed I get. But I get even more worked up when fans blame the loss on Bennett (or the draw against Chelsea on Styles, I think it was).
Over the 90 mins (or 45 before masch was sent off!!!), over two games (home & away), over 38 games in a season, you have plenty of time to create enough chances, put the ball in the back of the net enough times, to win the league. There are no excuses. None.
Shit happens. In recent times against the Mancs, its been too much shit far too often. But feck, we have absolutely no one else to blame. We haven't been good enough. In the last few seasons against them we've been absolute shite, especially at Old Trafford. Sunday was no exception. Maybe thats a little harsh, but after so much shite, the frustration is understandable. The piss-poor excuses about the ref is the talk of losers. Losers.
We need the winning mentality. We don't loose many games. That part of our game is fine. But we don't win enough. Doesn't matter who, what, when, how, why...whatever the circumstances, champions will win more often than not... more often than we do at the moment.
Just to clarify, here are my views on a few things:
- I love Rafa, am thankful he's our manager and hope he stays at LFC for the next 5 years at least.
- Our squad is greatley improved and we're getting close to the quality needed to win the league. But we're not there yet.
- If we get say 2 or 3 top quality players into our best squad (18 with new rules next season), and lose the worst 2 or 3 players out of that squad, we're alost there. Better wingers & fullbacks needed.
- I LOVE masch!!! But when you're away to the Mancs, already on a yellow & your team-mate has just been given a yellow card for dissent (even if you don't know why) you don't even look at the ref the wrong way. Its not the refs fault, its our own fault. The players.
- If you think our squad is as good as the Manc's at the moment, you're flat out wrong. The league table doesn't lie - an oldy but a fucking goody, the best one around. Feel the pain & fucking use it to drive you next season!!!