Author Topic: Zanetti hails 'Amazing' Mascherano  (Read 8521 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Zanetti hails 'Amazing' Mascherano
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:34:13 pm »
Media, pundits and journalist alike could learn from Javier Zanetti - he was one of the few Inter players who cam out of both matches with any credit. Sure he's Masch's Argentinian teammate but every word he says is spot on. Both men are class on and off the pitch.

ZANETTI HAILS 'AMAZING' MASCHERANO

Paul Eaton 14 March 2008

Javier Mascherano has today been hailed as the unsung hero who could help inspire Liverpool to more Champions League glory this season.

The Argentine midfielder was the Reds' best player in the San Siro on Tuesday night as Rafael Benitez's men booked their place in today's quarter final draw with a brilliant 1-0 win.

While Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres continue to take the plaudits for the Reds recent winning run, Inter Milan skipper Javier Zanetti believes his fellow countryman is just as influential at Anfield.

"Mascherano does not get the credit he deserves," said Zanetti. "Liverpool have some big players, they are very big players and they deserve their reputation.

"We know Torres is a killer. Gerrard is a fantastic player and I like him very much. Everyone would like him in their team, because he is one of the best in the world, no question.

"But are Liverpool a two-man team? No way. Mascherano is world class, I know that because I have seem him playing close up for Argentina and I can tell you how good he is. He gives Liverpool a lot of things.

"He keeps them together, and you could see how important he was over the two legs against Inter.

"I embraced him at the end of the tie and told him that he had won it for Liverpool, because he was a lion for them. He was everywhere. I think it is unfair to say that they are just Gerrard and Torres because they are Mascherano too. You need a player like him who is intelligent and can make the team work.

"With him in the side you are safe, and you can play. Argentina know that, and I think Liverpool do too. I think Torres and Gerrard can play because they are confident in Mascherano.

"They know he is there for them, to give them the ball and cover behind. He can play too, he can pass the ball to them, and make the runs for them.

"I knew when we drew Liverpool it would be a difficult game because they have Gerrard and Torres, but because they have Jav too. He is hard to get past, and he makes them strong."

Zanetti has also insisted it's no shame to have been knocked out by Liverpool, even though Inter were red hot favourites to progress when the tie was drawn.

"People made us favourites to win, and we had the chances to beat Liverpool, but it is no shame losing to them," he said. "I cannot understand why people are surprised that they do well.

"They have world class players in important positions in their team. Their goalkeeper was very important against us, they have Carragher who Europe knows, and they have Torres and Gerrard.

"But they have Mascherano too, and he is just as important. With five players like that who are big players, Liverpool are a hard team to play against, and it is no surprise that they are the Champions League team."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:29:30 pm by Steve_M »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ZANETTI HAILS 'AMAZING' MASCHERANO
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:36:37 pm »
Nice to get some respect for a change.  It's no secret how good Mascherano is though, I think he's made a huge difference to our side.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:38:20 pm »
Always been a class act Zanetti. I remember reading an article about him by some Argentine journalist (will try and dig it up when I have a minute) that just talked about what a great pro and all round good egg he's been over his career.
DAMMIT!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:43 pm »
He is called MONSTER for a reason   ;)

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 12:43:53 pm »
Quality player Zanetti.

Concerned everytime he got the ball this week, considering he is 34 he made some great runs and several times his intelligent running made holes against us. Just glad that he didn't have the legs to continue doing that later in the game!

Would love to have seen him in a red shirt in his younger days, he would really have suited the premiership.

The only player in my view who you could actually see was giving everything for Inter until the end.

Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 12:44:17 pm »
Always been a class act Zanetti. I remember reading an article about him by some Argentine journalist (will try and dig it up when I have a minute) that just talked about what a great pro and all round good egg he's been over his career.

Is it this great article?
Il Capitano, a very ordinary bloke. What might otherwise have been considered an uneventful encounter - Argentina taking on Bolivia at home in the early stages of the World Cup qualifiers - was historic in one respect and for one man only: Javier 'Pupi' Zanetti.

Last Saturday he lined up to start for his country for the 116th time since his debut, also at the River Plate stadium, in 1994, making him the most-capped Argentina international ever - one ahead of Roberto Ayala, who retired after this year's Copa America. Next in line is Diego Simeone with 106. Gabriel Batistuta, Diego Maradona and Oscar Ruggieri barely reach 100 caps, and then comes Juan Pablo Sorin with 75, but he hardly plays internationals nowadays.

When Zanetti was first picked by Daniel Passarella as a young player from small club Banfield, his short cropped hair and disciplined approach symbolized the 'new Argentina' football was seeking - a radical departure from the sponsored baseball caps and shambolic lack of order that had months before ended with Maradona's ephedrine fiasco in US 1994.

Shortly after becoming an international, Pupi transferred to Inter, where he has earned the captaincy. "When you look at Zanetti's career," says Adrian Maladevsky of Clarin newspaper, "you see that he's a guy who has always played. He started regularly under Passarella, under Bielsa, even during the qualifiers under Pekerman, and now under Basile."

At Inter he has started consistently too, "even during the club's worst seasons, in a squad where rotation was the norm," adds Waldemar Iglesias from Clarin. "He has played 37 out of 38 matches in the Italian league in 2007." Argentina beat Bolivia comfortably 3-0 and while radio commentators bemoaned the general performance of the team, one said: "Zanetti is doing well. Mind you, if Zanetti makes a mistake it means we're all under water." For all his reliability on the pitch he is described as "journalistically very dull". Zanetti is a consummate professional who has never been known to enter conflict with anyone. "He's the good guy in the movie," says Maladevsky. Even when Pekerman left him out of the 2006 World Cup, Zanetti took a dignified stance claiming he felt left out of the squad, but not left out of Argentina.

"Zanetti is not a player whose inclusion is ever controversial here," says Maladevsky, "mostly because he plays as a right winger, a position not many can fill. He can also come forward and play midfield on the right, but really not many have emerged since him who can do it. Paulo Ferrari at River is looking like he might, Ibarra has tried and it hasn't worked. Burdisso and Coloccini haven't been that great there. It is to Zanetti's credit that he has remained consistently the obvious choice for that position."

His natural home may be the right wing, but he can play on the left and it is his versatility that has perhaps more than anything earned him a place in the starting line-ups of most international fixtures during the last 13 years. "For a defender, his capacity to cover the ground is staggering," says Iglesias. "It's not just that he can play midfield or at the back, left or right, but also that wherever he's playing his projection is outstanding."

At club level he has played 559 matches for Inter, and scored 18 goals in official games. His favourite goal ever, though, was the one he scored for Argentina against England in 1998. "Everything about that goal is perfect," remarks one Englishman with a keen observational eye for Argentinian football. "Veron's pass, Zanetti controlling with his right and thrashing it in with his left in one movement after darting behind the wall... I think England had been expecting a wallop from Batistuta or Veron, but after it goes in they all look at each other as if to say 'where the fuck did that come from?' Three touches, two seconds, one goal. Brilliant."

At the time, the goal was voted by some Argentinian hacks as technically the best of the tournament, a rehearsed move executed to perfection: "A laboratory goal which reflects his versatility," says Cristian Grosso, who has known Zanetti well for over a decade. "For example, he scored with his left, although he is right-footed. He is like that goal." Grosso has just published a book recounting personal histories of 50 Argentinian players and his chapter on Zanetti, entitled The Statue Knows How to Dance, focuses mainly on the foundation for deprived children which he runs with his wife. "He is someone who has not allowed fame or money to get to his head," says Grosso, who recalls how Zanetti asked his parents for a new pair of trainers as a child and was told they couldn't afford it. Later that day, his mother gave him his old pair carefully stitched up. "Since then I have known how to appreciate even the smallest of gifts," says Pupi.

He grew up near the port, in an area known as Dock Sud, and from the age of 13 helped his father as a builder, delivered milk, and worked in his cousin's grocery shop. He was and is an Independiente fan and joined the club's youth side, after which his mother was told not to take him any more because he would never make it as a professional footballer.

Banfield gave him more of a chance, and from there it was just one leap to Inter. He now lives near Lake Como, where he owns a restaurant - El Gaucho - and runs a training school for kids. In Buenos Aires, the Fundacion Pupi has gone from strength to strength, establishing itself as a reasonable sized NGO, something Zanetti interprets as a sign that the problems of childhood poverty in his homeland are a long way from being overcome.

Grosso recalls vividly asking Zanetti to wear a suit for a photo shoot when he first signed for Inter, and the player admitting he didn't own one. It feels like he's come a long way from then. "But the guy hasn't changed one bit," says Grosso. What makes this otherwise totally 'boy next door' stand out is a very privileged physique. His level of fitness he maintains with regular training, even during days off, holidays and when not playing. He is rarely injured and is a natural athlete, enabling the continuity that saw him play an average of 40-something games every calendar year.

"It is very rare nowadays for a player to stay with the same club for 12, 14 season," adds Grosso, "maybe Raúl at Real Madrid, or Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs at Manchester United. Alessandro Del Piero at Juventus. But not that many. And now, with this Argentina record, a place usually reserved for the great names... will be taken up by Zanetti."

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/11/19/and_they_call_it_pupi_love_1.html

Offline navin

• Anny Roader
  • Malaysia
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »
Bravo Zanetti
Liverpool Forever !

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »

Already been posted in the Javier Mascherano thread.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
Is he the first ever player to praise Liverpool? Cause everyone seems to think and say we're a two man team  :no

Zanetti is a good and honest player though, would love to have him in our team. Maybe next summer you can join you friend, Javier  :wave

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:34 pm »
Well, Mascherano is like a fifth defender for you. That's how you choose to play. Sleeping pill to watch but very effective in europe. Bore the opponent. Seems like a good tactic for you though
Steeeeeve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He kisses the badge on his chest,
Then hands in a transfer request,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard...

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 01:02:19 pm »
Mascherano reminds me of a crazy monk in a movie I watched at school. Set alight, literally, yet he still ran around as if he felt no pain, as if the flames did not burn him. I get the feeling he would run through fire for his cause and I love him for that. Good on Zanetti for giving credit where it was due!
Blank.

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 01:04:20 pm »
he's no unsung hero, he gets the credit he deserves brilliant player and his efforts and wasted on us
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 01:06:26 pm »
Well, Mascherano is like a fifth defender for you. That's how you choose to play. Sleeping pill to watch but very effective in europe. Bore the opponent. Seems like a good tactic for you though

How can a topic where a world class, well respected  Argentine international makes a valid comment be turned into one where Mascherano is a fifth defender?

Some people just want to say something constructive  but really for people like Hoffa its just something to say .....because in reality...you have nothing to say!

Go post somewhere were you think your inane comments count!
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Libero

• Legacy Fan
  • Viva Liverpool
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 01:10:05 pm »

Here Here, Zanetti is one of my all time favourite players (he's not fashionable I know).

What a fantastic player who never has a bad game (except Inter versus Arsenal, when Henry turned him inside out, and let's not kid ourself, Henry did that to our team a few times too!).

I think Zanetti hit the nail on the head with our world class players:

Reina
Carra (I think Carra is a world class defender, rather than footballer, if you get what i mean)
Monster Masc
Gerrard
Torres

(2 more world class singings - wingers - and we'll be at the summit!)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »
"But are Liverpool a two-man team? No way. Mascherano is world class, I know that because I have seem him playing close up for Argentina and I can tell you how good he is.

"They have world class players in important positions in their team. Their goalkeeper was very important against us, they have Carragher who Europe knows, and they have Torres and Gerrard.

What an honest appraisal. Just brace yourselves for Sky to give us 'Liverpool are a two-man team' come Saturday.

hoonin

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 01:14:27 pm »
Its all well and good an Argentina international and Serie A winner saying this, but Matt Le Tissier doesn't rate him.

When Le Tissier speaks, people listen.

Who'd have thought that such a boring team as Liverpool have scored more goals than any other top flight English team...

Shocking, innit?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:16:11 pm by Gareth »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:16:54 pm »
Its all well and good an Argentina international and Serie A winner saying this, but Matt Le Tissier doesn't rate him.

When Le Tissier speaks, people listen.

It's worse than that. Charlie Nicholas doesn't rate him either.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 01:18:35 pm »
Zanetti's a very special footballer and a bit of a personal hero of mine. The article below is just an example of the great things he's involved in, rather than a one-off.

from the The Guardian
Tuesday October 19, 2004

by Sophie Arie in Rome and Jo Tuckman in Mexico City

Football clubs have been known to show their soft side, supporting the poor and helping the sick and handicapped. But it is not often that a top European club hands its shirt and its cash to an army of balaclava-wearing guerrillas demanding autonomy in a large chunk of their country.
Inter Milan has donated €5,000 (£3,475), an ambulance and the captain's No 4 black and blue team shirt to one of the strongholds of the ragtag Zapatista army in a gesture of solidarity for the indigenous people of Chiapas in southern Mexico.

Argentinian star Javier Zanetti, the team captain, talked his club into donating its changing room fines for late arrival or using mobile phones to help villagers rebuild after the village of Zinacantán was reportedly attacked by government military forces in April. "We believe in a better world, in an unglobalised world, enriched by the cultural differences and customs of all the people. This is why we want to support you in this struggle to maintain your roots and fight for your ideals," Zanetti wrote in a note to the village, posted along with the first instalment of €2,500.

"We know that we are not alone on the path of this struggle," was the reply from the Zapatista supporters who invited the Italian football team to visit them in the jungle mountains of Chiapas.

The Mexican presidential office in charge of relations with the Zapatistas said yesterday there would be no comment on the Italian donation.

In June, Bruno Bartolozzi, Inter's team manager, arrived in the village of Caracol de Oventic with further donations and the blessing of the team and its oil baron owner, Massimo Moratti. The donations have helped the villagers to rebuild houses and water pipelines, and the club has offered to supply football gear and balls for budding Zapatista footballers. "Our team doesn't just play on PlayStations and computers," Mr Bartolozzi said. "We read in a Mexican newspaper about this attack. We wanted to help. Not so much with large amounts of money but with our sustained support."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:21:10 pm by nige »

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 01:19:29 pm »
He is called MONSTER for a reason   ;)

The convenience of the song "Monster Mash".
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 01:26:18 pm »
Who'd have thought that such a boring team as Liverpool have scored more goals than any other top flight English team...

Shocking, innit?

Scoring goals isn't a guarantee for good football. If you didn't support liverpool who would you rather watch, liverpool or arsenal/man u? Unbiased.

hoonin

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 01:31:06 pm »
Scoring goals isn't a guarantee for good football. If you didn't support liverpool who would you rather watch, liverpool or arsenal/man u? Unbiased.

Both really. I'm a lover of football so will watch anyone. They do play a different game from us and you wont find many people on here arguing otherwise.

That said, I LOVE watching us play because its more than just style for me. Footballs is about skills, committment, fitness, tactics etc etc.

I've seen us play some beautiful football and win and some average football and win. I'm sure Utd and Arsenal fans would say similar, no?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 01:32:24 pm »

Mate.....we might not play as attractive football as ManU or Arsenal on a regular basis but who does?  We are getting there.

But, ignorant blind idiots like yourselves take a handful of games perhaps during a bad spell where we were probably not the most exciting and label us unjustly.

Liverpool play good football and is getting better all the time.

Get over it.  Personally I just dont think fans outside Liverpool can accept us getting back to being a successful team again.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 01:35:38 pm »

Hoffa, whatever it is about Liverpool's style, the fact is that Liverpool FC is enough to cast a psychological obsession over you and come to a Liverpool forum to strut and chat shite. Time for you to head back to Red Incest or Red Cannibal Cafe and sniff around there instead of obsessing over us and chatting shite. Nobody's really in the mood for delusional obsessed Mancs today.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 01:37:17 pm »
Hoffa, whatever it is about Liverpool's style, the fact is that Liverpool FC is enough to cast a psychological obsession over you and come to a Liverpool forum to strut and chat shite. Time for you to head back to Red Incest or Red Cannibal Cafe and sniff around there instead of obsessing over us and chatting shite. Nobody's really in the mood for delusional obsessed Mancs today.

The sad thing is I enjoy it when fans from other teams come to post on LFC forums.  There's nothing better than reasoned debate from fans outside our club.  It makes for an interesting chat.  This guy just talks absolute shite though!!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
The sad thing is I enjoy it when fans from other teams come to post on LFC forums.  There's nothing better than reasoned debate from fans outside our club.  It makes for an interesting chat.  This guy just talks absolute shite though!!

Yeah I know hilarious isn't it, first post was a bitter obsessed clueless rant about 'boring' Liverpool because Zanetti bigged us up.

Not too boring to stop you coming over here because we cast a mesmerising psychological spell over you, eh hoffa?  :thumbup

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:23 pm »

Fair enough. I never meant to look down at you at all. Just wanted to give my point of view. It may not be correct but that's how I feel. It is a forum afterall where you're suppose to discuss. Not to tell someone to fuck off cos he might look at it differently.

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 01:42:25 pm »
Sounds a good lad does Javier ;)

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2008, 01:43:57 pm »
Is it this great article?

Yes, that was the one. Good work, saved me looking it up! :)
DAMMIT!

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 01:45:11 pm »
Fair enough. I never meant to look down at you at all. Just wanted to give my point of view. It may not be correct but that's how I feel. It is a forum afterall where you're suppose to discuss. Not to tell someone to fuck off cos he might look at it differently.
You didn't just seem to be looking at things differently, you were being patronising and seemingly telling us what type of player our club needs when people who watch our games are the best judge of whether we need 2 players to compete or 5. If you want to be taken seriously then you should simply be more measured with your comments instead of labelling us defensive and needing half a team of players to have any chance of winning the league.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 01:46:56 pm by jmurphyc »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 01:45:40 pm »

Well Hoffa, in a thread about Mascherano, also bigging up Liverpool as a great side by Zanetti, you decided to initiate discussion with your very first post with a witless half-assed small time bitter comment about Liverpool's style, and most of all, describing Masche as a 'fifth defender'. If you want discussion, discuss, don't chat small-time shit. You'll find people willing to discuss with you no problem, just take the chip off your shoulder and leave it at your end of the East Lancs.

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 01:46:09 pm »
Amazing is a massive, massive understatement.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 01:51:12 pm »
Well Hoffa, in a thread about Mascherano, also bigging up Liverpool as a great side by Zanetti, you decided to initiate discussion with your very first post with a witless half-assed small time bitter comment about Liverpool's style, and most of all, describing Masche as a 'fifth defender'. If you want discussion, discuss, don't chat small-time shit. You'll find people willing to discuss with you no problem, just take the chip off your shoulder and leave it at your end of the East Lancs.

'

Fair play.

Mascherano is world class no doubt. I'd say best in the world in his position.
How he can nullify some players is truly amazing.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 01:56:45 pm »

He's a future Liverpool captain I reckon Hoffa.

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 01:58:08 pm »
He's a future Liverpool captain I reckon Hoffa.

I can see that

Wanna trade him for Fletcher?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »

I was hoping we could have done a swap for Kieron Richardson but you already let him get away.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 02:02:53 pm »
Best fullback that I have ever seen in the game of football. Great man aswell.

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 02:04:33 pm »
we have scored 97 goals this season, if that doesn't qualify for a little relief what does? its 4 goals more than Arsenal!

MONSTERano is huge, he's gonna be a liverpool legend and a future liverpool captain! :)
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline cuppatea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 02:07:39 pm »
Well said Mr.Zanetti.

Offline dollface86

• Anny Roader
  • more awkward than it looks
    • Myspace...profile thing.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 02:09:28 pm »
Why is he saying Javier doesn't get the praise he deserves?

He's well loved by our club and he even has his own song. Not EVERYone gets their own chants. Only the best.

He's definitely in the right team to make a mark in the world, though. He makes me so proud :)
He bangs he bangs, oh baby when he shoots he scores, I go crazy 'cause he looks like a flower but he stings like a bee, like every red in history. Torres torres, woahh hey hey!

Offline Hoffa

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 02:10:20 pm »
I was hoping we could have done a swap for Kieron Richardson but you already let him get away.

Imagine him on the left and Pennant on the right :S We could have handed you the titel before the season started. Those two running down the wings. Scary thought.