Author Topic: American owners to sell up next month?  (Read 113802 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: American owners to sell up next month?
« Reply #1440 on: February 20, 2008, 05:04:07 pm »
I do not know CTR personally, but I do know he is ....

A bellend  ;D

The mans always drunk whenever I see him..

Has a nice spec in the Algarve where he cant be repatriated from.

cant play golf.

And I know for a fact he has "done time" abroad.

Ignore his tips...obviously the ramblings of a drunken old fool.   :nirnir
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1441 on: February 20, 2008, 06:13:38 pm »
HH could well be Holly Hunter...

Think more feminine, less attactive, and a bloke (allegedly).

I know both cowtownred and H-H personally and neither of them are in the habit of mouthing off shit on the internet to attract attention so I wouldn't worry about that.

Don't listen to Josh though he's a scruffy c*nt.

Anyway - my source on anything in this thread IS Shaun (aka CTR).

I know who his source is, I know why he knows the person in question and I know why the person in question would be well placed to know.

Ditto on Raul.

I have my own source, but he's better on transfer stuff. There's a reason CTR's source is better on takeover related stuff, which is why I'm taking his word on this first and foremost.

Shaun is a sound bloke in real life and on here and has no reason to bullshit. He's got thousands of posts, been registered for ages and has only recently started posting stuff like this. What do you all think that after becoming a highly thought of forum member and making numerous mates through this site he thought 'Nah, I'll fuck them all off with some made up rumours'? And you lot think he's the one who sounds like a tit? ::)

Although Blert's assessment is also disturbingly accurate :-X
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1442 on: February 20, 2008, 06:29:15 pm »
CTR may well think twice before offering any more info given the aggravation
it seems to be causing

I've been in that situation myself and it's a pain in the arse. You pass on what you can and sometimes it'll be a bit cryptic. It's the nature of getting information from someone who isn't really supposed to be passing it on.
I know people have fucked it off in the past for this very reason, which is sad but I don't blame them.

I still see people bashing people 'in the know' for getting Gerrard leaving wrong twice, when they were absolutely 100% spot on. He was leaving for Chelsea. Both times. And had late changes of heart.

They were spot on, we know that from Gerrard's mouth, and yet they still use that as an example of how people can be wrong. Laughable.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #1443 on: February 20, 2008, 06:32:09 pm »
All the bum who posted stuff about Gilletts plane being in Liverpool yesterday was wrong, the reg of his plane is N25GG. Were ever the fuck that was yesterday i do not know.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #1444 on: February 20, 2008, 06:44:21 pm »
No, it just confirms that the plane wasn't Gilletts. Doesn't confirm that he wasn't in Liverpool, or do we have international spies or something?

but were either sitting in their respected seats in the directors box?
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #1445 on: February 20, 2008, 06:45:54 pm »
Its only the internet, and no one knows who is on here, who they know, or whatever.  It is in fact a bit like an alehouse.  The more you go to one pub, the more you get to know the people who frequent it.

You have the gobshites, the loud ones, the quiet ones, the troublemakers, etc etc.

After a while you get to know who is to be trusted, and if lucky, you get to have a bit or respect and credibility yourself.

On RAOTL (where I started on my footie forum travels) was a perfect instance of this happening.  Remember the big bustup where Fowler ended up being sold to Leeds ??    There was instant meltdown on RAOTL about what was going on, until one poster came on and said EXACTLY what happened at Melwood that day, he fuckin saw it, and let us know exactly what happened.   

So don't think people are out to be heroes or anything,  some may lie to achieve a short fame and are quickly found out, but respected posters are just that, and pass on their knowledge, mostly cryptically, just to be nice to those of us who are suffering in total ignorance of what is happening.

I doff my cap to lads like Shaun, who are at least trying to help us through a shit period, by offering us hope that stability will return, and we need not worry that we are stuck with profiteering bastards that don't give a shit about our club.

Be sceptical if you must, but don't pillory people for wanting to pass on what knowledge they CAN to us.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #1446 on: February 20, 2008, 06:52:09 pm »
Everyone really needs to relax on this forum, i have to say am not happy with CTR and what he has posted as i believe he is anticipating stuff and putting 2 and 2 together from whats reported in the press and its put people into a situation of immediate hope. 

However if am proved wrong well on you lad, but i have to say I can assure you now that if something does happen i will find out about it rather quickly and as soon as i do it will be put on this forum, and i mean that as i know how bad this situation is and i don't want to put people into a situation in which they expect something will happen.

So keep your heads up everyone, the only thing i can say having spoke to my little birdy this morning is that he is not aware of anything that is happening, but he did say that alot of financial information is being electronically mailed across the atlantic but that could mean anything.

Oh and i got that reg of Gillets plane as previously posted n25gg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:54:38 pm by ShanksLegend »

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: February 20, 2008, 07:00:24 pm »
He may be wrong, but I can tell you categorically that's not what he's doing.

That aside, I and many others very much appreciate your info also. It's not a contest.

I agree - everyone on this forum appreciates any info we get and are just grateful.....

to anyone who has not read this, it is an update from CTR and I think we all appreciate the update.....

From CrownTownRed.............
I'm only just in from a rotten day, and I'm knackered. So I haven't read the thread.

A few points I'd like to make.

1. I posted this last night, euphoric, after a few beers, our best game in ages, and a phone call from someone at the match who is involved in the goings on.  So I apologise if cats were thrown in the pigeons.

2. What I was told was that discussions, which in recent weeks have been positive, took a forward step yesterday. Some obstacles were overcome, making.. in his words, ''a deal imminent, not just a possibility. I'm off to celebrate''.  So I take that to be good.

3. I have a source who I met in the line of work, fortuitously, who is NOT in the Club, but is currently involved in these talks between DIC and H/G.  I have NO inside the Club contacts.

4. I respect what Shankslegend says on matters where info is within the Club.  That is not me. On matters outside the current meetings, I know bog all.

5. Therefore, the DIC getting close to a deal bit, this is fact relayed to me by someone who is actually involved.

6. The turbulence to come is my OPINION only, but since relationships at, and between, ALL levels in the Club are at best, fractious, and at worst, broken, then it is not too far-fetched to think that some individuals will have to eat humble pie, or leave.

So I hope that makes it clearer.

The only new info I have is that a deal is closer than it was.

Hope that helps.

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1448 on: February 20, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »
Shanks and CTR - thank you.  It seems like most people are with me on that but there will always be someone who will disagree just because they can and they like to argue.

I'm dead grateful for all of the info, and, as Shanks has said himself, the more sources the better.  If you don't want to believe what they say then that's your choice but why bother starting a slagging match?  It makes my day a little bit more interesting anyway but that's probably because I am sad, pathetic or both!  I've been a lurker on here for ages and I always look for CTR or Shank's posts when it comes to "breaking news" (Pako leaving is a classic example just off of the top of my head).  Ok, so I'm not a prolific poster myself so may be my opinion counts for nothing, but as far as I'm concerned they both give me, and us, decent information as and when they get it - I'm not kissing any arses, I'm just grateful they are willing to risk any future information by posting.

For the record, I think -HH- and RiH have both posted the most sensible things on here in the last couple of hours and it may be worth a few people taking a read of their posts again.

Cheers.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1449 on: February 20, 2008, 07:33:10 pm »
My problem is actually with the people you lot have in tow. Makes me laugh how they argue "your" case to others because they want to believe. Then shoot others down because they don't like their "info".

Sheep and shepherds.

Get off your fucking high horse... it's really boring... Anyway who made you the self appointed defender of the weak-willed and weak-minded. That's our job.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline litmanen37

• Legacy Fan
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #1450 on: February 20, 2008, 07:33:53 pm »
Anyway who made you the self appointed defender of the weak-willed and weak-minded. That's our job.

;D
Re: You have to take your hat off to Arsene Wenger...
The only way id take my hat off to him, is if i was odd job, then id throw it at the c*nt!

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1451 on: February 20, 2008, 07:53:40 pm »

i have to say I can assure you now that if something does happen i will find out about it rather quickly and as soon as i do it will be put on this forum, and i mean that as i know how bad this situation is and i don't want to put people into a situation in which they expect something will happen.

we have come to rely on you as a good source of info and the person to bring us hope in these shitty days.

altho you can still pass on what you know, it wont be so until the official channels say so.

you are still keeping our spirits going mate. keep it up ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #1452 on: February 20, 2008, 09:20:27 pm »
Everyone really needs to relax on this forum, i have to say am not happy with CTR and what he has posted as i believe he is anticipating stuff and putting 2 and 2 together from whats reported in the press and its put people into a situation of immediate hope. 

that is definitely NOT what shaun is doing. he is 100% genuine and to say he is posting his opinions under the false premise of info from a source is completely wide of the mark.

i know shaun personally and if he says he has a source involoved in the negotiations he HAS a source involved in the negotiations

the differing info is down to the fact that your sources are coming at the situation from two completely different angles. lets just hope the info you both get in the end leads to us seeing the back of the yanks once and for all

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: February 20, 2008, 09:25:50 pm »
that is definitely NOT what shaun is doing. he is 100% genuine and to say he is posting his opinions under the false premise of info from a source is completely wide of the mark.

i know shaun personally and if he says he has a source involoved in the negotiations he HAS a source involved in the negotiations

the differing info is down to the fact that your sources are coming at the situation from two completely different angles. lets just hope the info you both get in the end leads to us seeing the back of the yanks once and for all

It does appear that the two sources each of our "intermediaries" uses are at different ends of the negotiations.

So there are bound to be some differences......
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline humph77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1454 on: February 20, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »
Just an aside here. David Johnson's admitted he likes G&H and called them 'honest and refreshing' FFS!!!

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: February 20, 2008, 09:34:56 pm »
Just an aside here. David Johnson's admitted he likes G&H and called them 'honest and refreshing' FFS!!!
Because like most ex players,they get all the Freebie's/Perks around the Corporate area,so there scared to upset the clubs hierarchy.

Offline The Grim Reaper

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • **** PROUD INTERNET TERRORIST ****
« Reply #1456 on: February 20, 2008, 09:40:11 pm »

My lady has just peeled me off the ceiling after hearing his comments. He sounded a complete fuckwit, I personally don't believe that he believed what he was saying.
\\\\\\\"Never Argue With Idiots. They Will Bring You Down To Their Level and Beat You With Experience\\\\\\\

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1457 on: February 20, 2008, 09:41:26 pm »
Last time, DIC wanted several weeks for due dilligence.  Why would they want to do less of that after G&H have had their hands in the cookie jar for more than a year?

They wouldn't once it gets to due diligence an agreement has been done in principle. What Shaun is saying is that his contact said a deal was done in principle last night. Therefore it will probably break very soon.

Shaun's contact (who, by the way, you will indirectly have heard of) is very heavily involved in the negotiations. Therefore he would know.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1458 on: February 20, 2008, 09:45:11 pm »
a quick question for you is the mash deal being announced at the same time
as dic

on 31st january it looked as though the mash deal was only a few days away from being sorted

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:41 pm »
Not that it especially bothers me, but:

1.  If Gillet and Hicks remain in charge of this franchise (and I have been spreading shite for a few weeks), I will NEVER see another Liverpool game, ever;  nor will I be on RAWK again.  Ask the mod who I passed my tickets on to for last night to verify that. (With pleasure I might add).  Its the first European game at home I've missed for 11 years.

2. If I'm right, thats fine.

So, in the event, I'll not have to take stick, will I?

So, why should I be telling porkies?  Only passing on anything that reaches me that I thought would be of interest.

:wave

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #1460 on: February 20, 2008, 10:25:33 pm »

1.  If Gillet and Hicks remain in charge of this franchise (and I have been spreading shite for a few weeks), I will NEVER see another Liverpool game, ever;  nor will I be on RAWK again.  Ask the mod who I passed my tickets on to for last night to verify that. (With pleasure I might add).  Its the first European game at home I've missed for 11 years.

So, why should I be telling porkies?  Only passing on anything that reaches me that I thought would be of interest.

Cowtown, don't keep defending what you've posted on here, there's really no need. I can't believe for one second that any of it would be made up to give people false hope, and the majority of people on these forums are extremely glad that we have someone with any kind of contact within the negotiations. That plus the fact that you've already been backed to the hilt by respected posters on here should be more than enough.

You don't need to justify what you've given us over and over again. If people choose to disbelieve it then that's up to them.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: February 20, 2008, 10:26:06 pm »
Yes your info is great mate, but you said last night you've been told its basically done. You sticking by that? You expect some closure on all this before the weekend?

Part 1, yes.  Part 2, no idea.

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: February 20, 2008, 10:34:00 pm »
CTR, I think it's fair to say most of the people following this thread are sensible enough to appreciate your contributions, coupled with the fact you're under absolutely no obligation to keep posting what you have heard in good faith. If ever there was empirical evidence that you can't please all the people all the time, some of the responses to your posts in this thread are just that...

Whatever the outcome of the goings on behind the scenes, you are to be applauded for keeping the majority of us who look forward to hearing the snippets - good and bad - up to date. Cheers.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1463 on: February 20, 2008, 10:38:14 pm »
Cowtown, don't keep defending what you've posted on here, there's really no need. I can't believe for one second that any of it would be made up to give people false hope, and the majority of people on these forums are extremely glad that we have someone with any kind of contact within the negotiations. That plus the fact that you've already been backed to the hilt by respected posters on here should be more than enough.

You don't need to justify what you've given us over and over again. If people choose to disbelieve it then that's up to them.

spot on. you got nothing to defend. you gave us what u know. which is more than we are getting from other places. let the divs bitch about it. time will tell, and even if you are wrong then you at least gave us hope ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:39:49 pm by Harvest Fields »
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: February 20, 2008, 10:45:20 pm »
CTR, thank you for your patience with this forum.

I would have lost my rag with people questioning my integrity.

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing new news from you and something concrete in due course.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #1465 on: February 20, 2008, 10:53:01 pm »

I wouldn't give a monkeys what other people have said, as long as you're fine with the info you've been given, that's what counts.

Landlady in Rigbys missed you last night ;)
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline JimmyF

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1466 on: February 20, 2008, 10:58:17 pm »
CTR, cheers for all the info mate, no matter what the outcome your insight has been appreciated

Offline Midnight_Cat

• Main Stander
« Reply #1467 on: February 20, 2008, 11:00:16 pm »

:thumbup

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: February 20, 2008, 11:00:44 pm »
landlady cute?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Lanky

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1469 on: February 20, 2008, 11:25:22 pm »
Just want to write in support of CTR.  Can t believe that he s getting stick when  all he s done is try his best to give hope to people. 

Cheers CTR.  You ve made the last few weeks bearable for me.
Martin Skrtel does not sleep. He waits.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: February 20, 2008, 11:28:59 pm »
Thanks again CTR and goodnight. Hope to hear from you again tomorrow.  :)
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1471 on: February 21, 2008, 02:04:23 am »
I completely understand why such a source could not be named, or otherwise identified.

What I'm hypothesising is this.

The road map to a deal (if any) would be as follows:

1. Preliminary contact and discussions through intermediaries (who may be Liverpool/UK based)
2. If stage 1 is successful, then direct discusssions perhaps resulting in firm agreement subject to contract (unlikely to involve Liverpool or UK based firms or individuals)
3. If stage 2 successful, then move through due diligence (which would almost certainly be known within the club, and is likely to be officially announced at the outset)
4.  If stage 3 successful, then move to signed contracts several weeks after official announcement.

So if someone on here has an impeccable source within the Gillet/Hicks/DIC entourage, then great.  We may actually get a heads up towards the end of Stage 2, a short while before an official announcement.

But - IMHO - any other sources, no matter how well connected to senior figures at the club, the club's lawyers, the club's banks will only know, at best, when Stage 1 is completed.
Good analysis. 

Though you could also have a situation where the contracts are signed up front and the completion of the deal made subject to satisfactory due diligence.  Given the fact that the Americans would have done a great deal of due diligence themselves the first time around just a year ago, it would be relatively easy for them to allow DIC access to the documentation collected without the club knowing much about that.  DIC would retain the right to verify everything after signing and before having to complete. 

Not necessarily how it is going to happen but a possibility.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: February 21, 2008, 02:04:24 am »
I'd have thought that the only reliable sources on this would be (i) inside the Gillet camp (ii) inside the Hicks camp (iii) inside the DIC camp.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't see why anyone inside the club (or inside this country, for that matter) would have to be involved at all.  Not until a deal has already been agreed in principle anyway.

Last time, DIC wanted several weeks for due dilligence.  Why would they want to do less of that after G&H have had their hands in the cookie jar for more than a year?
Perhaps because they've already studied the club and it's financial state in minute detail last time round; all they'd need to do now was a 'top up', concentrating on any changes made in the last year or so. They were complete strangers to the club last time; this time their returning suitors who have, by all accounts, kept in touch with the club all the way along.

As others have said your timetable is too simplistic but you do make one point that I think favours CTR: those involved in the negotiations are best placed to know what;s happening; CTR has always said his source was involved in the negotiations, not that he was a club official or anything.

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #1473 on: February 21, 2008, 03:45:02 am »
Can someone explain to me (without biting the newbies head off) at what point does the stock exchange have to be informed and therefore the club publicise that a sale is in the offing? Is it before or after due diligence for example? I'm sure we must have a few stock market savvy posters in here who can explain it all to us mere mortals.
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: February 21, 2008, 03:49:32 am »
Can someone explain to me (without biting the newbies head off) at what point does the stock exchange have to be informed and therefore the club publicise that a sale is in the offing? Is it before or after due diligence for example? I'm sure we must have a few stock market savvy posters in here who can explain it all to us mere mortals.

The club's in private ownership
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #1475 on: February 21, 2008, 04:16:01 am »
Does that mean that they don't need to say anything then? I thought it has always been in private ownership but we still made an announcement the last time it was up for sale?
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: February 21, 2008, 04:18:03 am »
Does that mean that they don't need to say anything then? I thought it has always been in private ownership but we still made an announcement the last time it was up for sale?

Well you thought wrong,loads of people/Fans held shares whilst Moores was in charge
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Rory Ruben

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1477 on: February 21, 2008, 04:36:20 am »

.................................................................................................

No,  they don't have to say anything   ...  and they havn't have they  ?

When we're  'floated'  ... and made public,  it'll be different of course.

Then we can be bought up by just about anyone,  and there'll be nothing we can do do about it  ....  and it will happen,  even if DIC put up the petro-dollars in the meanwhile.

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #1478 on: February 21, 2008, 06:32:31 am »
Well you thought wrong,loads of people/Fans held shares whilst Moores was in charge

Look excuse my ignnorance of these matters Sally but I know loads of fans owned the club previously with Moores the majority shareholder but was this not a private limited company?Was it not Liverpool FC PLC or something? Is Kop Football ltd any different to that other than the fact that it is owned soley by these two gits?Is there not something under the companies act that requires you to register a bid for your company whether it's private or not?How would a floatation be any different from what we had under Moores? I know all of this may sound churlish to some but I would genuinely like to know that's all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:38:29 am by Kop Kenny »

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: February 21, 2008, 06:39:47 am »
Look excuse my ignnorance of these matters Sally but I know loads of fans owned the club previously with Moores the majority shareholder but was this not a private limited company?Was it not Liverpool FC ltd or something? Is Kop Football ltd any different to that other than the fact that it is owned soley by these two gits?Is there not something under the companies act that requires you to register a bid for your company whether it's private or not?
Being a limited company has got nothing top do with the ownership status, that's all to do with liabilities. Put simply, previously the club was owned by many shareholders; including Moores, Morgan, Granada and loads of fans; now it's owned by the two co-owners who own a share each and are both already on the board. There's no need to announce anything publicly to anyone. It's like if you owned, say, a shop and sold it to someone else. You don't have to announce it, it just happens, (although obviously the relevant authorities - Companies House, Land Registry, the tax man, the milkman :)  etc need to be informed when the sale is complete)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:44:15 am by coffeehead »