Author Topic: Planning Application  (Read 29828 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Planning Application
« Reply #40 on: November 7, 2007, 02:23:36 pm »
Is this is it for real now ? No Government intevention required, no last minute appeals to be granted and heard ?

There have been so many false dawns in this long going saga, I'm come to expect another delay placed in our way.

But he said: “We still have a period of waiting. We have to see whether the Secretary of State will call the application in. We hope that isn’t the case, the last one wasn’t.

“There is a period where there can be a legal challenge. We believe that, as last time, any objection would be overcome. But we have to let that run its course.

But Steve Kelly, founder editor of fanzine Through the Wind and the Rain said: “I am not really sure how positive it is, or if they will be able to fill it – the costs seem to be creeping up too.”

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/11/07/spring-start-for-liverpool-fc-stadium-to-be-completed-by-2011-64375-20071458/

So it's not finally done and dusted is it !

Just hope it's a formality getting through ( yet another ) 'period of waiting' while objectors may have have their final say.

Bit surprised by Steve Kelly's remarks at the end there, not bought the fanzine for ages now, is he against the move for any particular reason ?
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #41 on: November 7, 2007, 05:11:56 pm »
Anyone know by the way, whether planning consent was given with or without those recommendations made by CABE

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #42 on: November 7, 2007, 05:43:40 pm »
The new anfield will be used in the 2018 world cup bid and thats backed by the government so i think it's all but done and dusted.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: November 7, 2007, 06:03:15 pm »
Extra capacity for those who have not seen it.

Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline Garston Park

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: November 7, 2007, 06:47:52 pm »
still doesn't quite make sense from that diagram at least. think they still need to make clear exactly where the extra seats are going to go. the north end could rise by 8,000 and probably another 1000 in suites. so that would leave about 6,000-8,000 left to get full capacity. that west stand is quite clearly more than 12, 000 seats. i would say around 20,000 from a rough guess. i think why its unclear is more due to the lack of detail in renders and initial drawings than anything else though! stadium looks great!!

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #45 on: November 7, 2007, 07:07:49 pm »
It says in the paper today, if the club don't find 3,000 park and ride spaces, the capacity will be pegged at 44,000 ( current capacity ) when the new stadium opens.

Sooner the bitters move house, and solve our problem the better then eh !

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #46 on: November 7, 2007, 07:08:59 pm »
Anyone know by the way, whether planning consent was given with or without those recommendations made by CABE

I was wondering the same thing. CABE weren't supportive but I don't have a lot of time for them anyway. Self-serving bunch of arseholes in my opinion.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #47 on: November 7, 2007, 07:30:31 pm »
still doesn't quite make sense from that diagram at least. think they still need to make clear exactly where the extra seats are going to go. the north end could rise by 8,000 and probably another 1000 in suites. so that would leave about 6,000-8,000 left to get full capacity. that west stand is quite clearly more than 12, 000 seats. i would say around 20,000 from a rough guess. i think why its unclear is more due to the lack of detail in renders and initial drawings than anything else though! stadium looks great!!

The North Stand is tiny at the moment, it only holds 4,200, it's been built to accomodate most of the extra capacity.

It may eventually hold as many as the kop, but probably in 2 or 3 tiers, so it'll be an entirely different ( less intimidating ) looking stand.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: November 7, 2007, 07:49:27 pm »
Some how i can't see that being true since they had permission 4 60,000  without that condition.
It says in the paper today, if the club don't find 3,000 park and ride spaces, the capacity will be pegged at 44,000 ( current capacity ) when the new stadium opens.

Sooner the bitters move house, and solve our problem the better then eh !

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #49 on: November 7, 2007, 10:07:10 pm »
Some how i can't see that being true since they had permission 4 60,000  without that condition.

The permission was subject to transport infrastructure being in place, until it was proved it was in place the capacity would be restricted to the current anfield capacity.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #50 on: November 9, 2007, 09:17:57 am »
Club must be confident of meeting those credentials as I can't see them opening up a new super duper state of the art stadium for Liverpool Football Club and having 15,000 spaces empty. Wouldn't make much financial sense neither.

Let's be positive when it's open everything will be agreed and infrastructure demands met and the capacity will be the full  76/78,000.

YNWA

Offline lfc84

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:30 am »
I only caught a bit of the news on Radio Merseyside this morning but they mentioned the new ground in the bulletin.  Something about work starting today......(not 100% sure)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2007, 10:04:14 am »
Park Regeneration, not the ground.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2007, 10:45:11 am »
I only caught a bit of the news on Radio Merseyside this morning but they mentioned the new ground in the bulletin.  Something about work starting today......(not 100% sure)

Heard the same report regarding the ground contractors visiting the site today but I know the park regeneration is deffo today but doubt the ground builder will be turning up so quickly
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2007, 05:34:06 pm »
Heard the same report regarding the ground contractors visiting the site today but I know the park regeneration is deffo today but doubt the ground builder will be turning up so quickly

Might be looking to get prelim work out the way to speed things up should, as is expected, the plan gets the full go ahead by the DCLG

He never walked alone

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:17 pm »
lets face it there is no way this project is not going to go ahead, so whilst there waiting to see if its called in could they not start with digging the hole, even if it is called in surely it will only be to go over certain things.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline albertared

• Left England in 1990 - probably chased by a mob.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2007, 05:08:46 am »
it changed back on the city council website.  Hicks says the meeting with LCC is 5th November and the stadium will cost in the region of £400m

when they were saying 250M i said it would be at least 400M as costs of materials and labour keep rising plus the inevitable unexpected issues.

i'm now predicting close to 600M by the time the dust has settled and by god we had better still be winning things or it could get sticky.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:47 am »
Not a chance it'll cost 600m.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2007, 10:58:30 am »

I'd be staggered if it was even the £400m stated.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2007, 11:30:32 am »
I'd be staggered if it was even the £400m stated.

A fuck load of that will be knocked off by sponsorship/naming, too. Not to mention the grants.

The stadium won't be such a burden.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2007, 11:43:49 am »
A fuck load of that will be knocked off by sponsorship/naming, too. Not to mention the grants.

The stadium won't be such a burden.

If anyone wants to know how much of a burden a new stadium will be financially, they just need to look up arsenals financial results for this year.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2007, 12:30:10 pm »
I was also under the impression the club would agree fixed price contracts with the main contractor?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2007, 01:15:31 pm »
I was also under the impression the club would agree fixed price contracts with the main contractor?

Any remotely sensible business would do this. Hicks and Gillett are fine businessmen and will be very clever about it all.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2007, 05:46:11 pm »
The figures that are being thrown about at the moment will include ALL ancilliary work, so the planned train stations, park and ride, stanley park, anfield plaza etc.  It will also be the estimate for a 75,000 seater stadium not a 60,000 seater stadium.

He never walked alone

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2007, 07:09:05 pm »
The figures that are being thrown about at the moment will include ALL ancilliary work, so the planned train stations, park and ride, stanley park, anfield plaza etc.  It will also be the estimate for a 75,000 seater stadium not a 60,000 seater stadium.

Really good when you think of how much we are getting.

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2007, 09:03:24 pm »

i'll talk to you again in 3 years and we'll see, eh?

i just think the design will present problems with costs due to the fancy corners and metal facings etc.. plus builing costs are soaring by the day....any contractor would be mad to lock himself into an ABSOLUTELY fixed price...there will definitely be wiggle room for certain contingencies.

final thought, not strictly on topic, but the more i see of the design the less i like it but that's just me.
Left England 1990...still on our perch...I think I'd better come back because it's all gone haywire since!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2007, 08:19:43 am »
i'll talk to you again in 3 years and we'll see, eh?

Yup.

It's normal practice to bid for a job at a fixed price.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 12:53:29 pm »
Yup.

[/quot
Its not commom practise on large projects for main contractors to agree to a fixed price contract, To many variables  can change through out the contruction process and this would leave the contractor picking up the cost. e.g multiplex and the new wembley.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 03:04:27 pm »
Yup.

A fixed price will only stay fixed if the design is 100% complete (which it clearly isn't) and if the client doesn't make any changes during the works. Also relies on no unforeseen ground conditions, abnormally inclement weather, acts of god etc.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »
A fixed price will only stay fixed if the design is 100% complete (which it clearly isn't) and if the client doesn't make any changes during the works. Also relies on no unforeseen ground conditions, abnormally inclement weather, acts of god etc.

They will give a fixed price on a complete design though, won't they. Then of course if any changes are made then that will be charged for.

If it goes up £200m I'll eat my own cock with onions.

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »
If it goes up £200m I'll eat my own cock with onions.

I'll get you a knife and fork :wave

only jokin

Offline liva4eva

• Main Stander
  • Better than all the rest
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2007, 10:30:52 pm »
how do you like your onions?
The King is back, long live the king

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:17 pm »
how do you like your onions?

With a big ol' cock.

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2007, 06:44:28 pm »
the parent of these rats want to keep the park.

well, fuck them all and concrete it. they dont deserve a fucking park.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/breaking-news/2007/11/14/rspca-treat-swan-shot-by-crossbow-100252-20105090/

A SWAN has been hit by a crossbow, a cat dumped on an island, and a heron killed by a fishing line in just three days of animal tragedy in Liverpool.

A call to the RSPCA’s cruelty phone line alerted them to the plight of the swan which was found in Stanley Park, Liverpool, with an arrow through its back.

The bird is fighting to survive after being taken to a veterinary surgery for urgent treatment.

RSPCA inspector Claire Cain said last night: “The poor thing is not looking good. It has got the arrow through its back but it took us a while to catch it before we could take it to the vets. It is such a cruel thing to do to a beautiful animal.”

On Sunday, a member of the public alerted the society to a cat seen on an island in a pond, in Walton Hall Park.

An RSPCA animal collection officer (ACO) laid a trap for it, and returned the following day to retrieve it.

ACO Derek Hampson said: “The poor thing was absolutely scared to death when we picked him up, but thankfully it only took him about five minutes to come round. He’s healthy, which is obviously very good news, and has a really nice character.”

The short-haired animal is described as black and white and estimated to be about seven months old. He’s being given some TLC at a local veterinary clinic, before being taken to an RSPCA animal centre for re-homing.”

Ms Cain and fellow inspector Louise Showering are investigating the incident.

“He couldn’t have got onto the island on his own. We had to get a boat out there to rescue him,” added Ms Cain.

“We want to hear from anyone who thinks they might have seen anything suspicious over the past week, and of course anyone who recognises the cat.”

During the same visit, staff found a dead heron, with fishing line around its neck. Local people have said they saw it at the weekend, alive and well.

“There was a couple of metres of line wrapped around the bird, and metres and metres more in the water. We found four hooks with line still attached in the trees nearby,” said Mr Hampson.

Anyone with any information about any of the incidents should contact the 24-hour control centre on 0300 1234 999.
From RAOTL.

If you don't want us to build on Stanley Park just fuck off, go on fuck off you fucking c*nts.

"Where are my kids going to be able to torture animals and wreck a park now it's not fair".

Yes it is, they should concrete over all of it you don't deserve it, and while I'm at it I'm sick and tired of standing in dogshit in that fucking place you fucking shitehawks fuck off.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2007, 06:58:37 pm »
From RAOTL.

If you don't want us to build on Stanley Park just fuck off, go on fuck off you fucking c*nts.

"Where are my kids going to be able to torture animals and wreck a park now it's not fair".

Yes it is, they should concrete over all of it you don't deserve it, and while I'm at it I'm sick and tired of standing in dogshit in that fucking place you fucking shitehawks fuck off.

It's like most parks now, just a meeting place for half wits to meet, get pissed, fuck about then sprawl their infantile graffiti shite all over the kids swings and stuff.

As usual, the little fuckers get away with it, cos the council can't be arsed looking after the parks once it's dark, and obviously the police can't be bothered, cos if even they caught the little c*nts, they'll get off with a warning anyway.

Putting proper security in the parks is the only answer, but the council won't do that, cos they'd rather waste 'our' money elsewhere.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:03:10 pm by Alloy »

Offline albertared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2007, 08:39:44 pm »

i'm slightly hammered due to drinking at lunchtime which i don't normally do so i reserve the right to refute this comment in the future, but....

i think this stadium looks shit...open corners looks too much like a yankee gridiron stadium to me. all this sheet metal cladding just looks tacky.

fucking hell...the mancs will be laughing at us....especially if we end up 400 million down the pan and STILL ONLY achieve 50,000 or so capacity due to transportation or whatever issues.

what a fucking laughing stock we will be then.

i think a "traditional" football stadium like Old Trafford OR a "bowl" like the Emirates would be fine AND cheaper!

fuck off with all this glass and metal crap!

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2007, 08:49:54 pm »
i'm slightly hammered due to drinking at lunchtime which i don't normally do so i reserve the right to refute this comment in the future, but....

i think this stadium looks shit...open corners looks too much like a yankee gridiron stadium to me. all this sheet metal cladding just looks tacky.

fucking hell...the mancs will be laughing at us....especially if we end up 400 million down the pan and STILL ONLY achieve 50,000 or so capacity due to transportation or whatever issues.

i think a "traditional" football stadium like Old Trafford OR a "bowl" like the Emirates would be fine AND cheaper!

this must be a wind up

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2007, 08:59:42 pm »

An ideal lesson in why not to drink at lunch time if you're not used to it !
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 09:03:01 pm by Alloy »

Offline redwood32

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2007, 10:23:42 am »

Why on earth would any self-respecting Liverpool fan give two flying fucks whether or not some mancs are laughing? Don't understand why this is always stated on here, whether or not they're laughing I couldn't care less! Not out to impress the mancs, not our job.