Author Topic: Kewell Back vs. Crewe this weekend  (Read 22938 times)

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kewell Back vs. Crewe this weekend
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2007, 04:21:53 pm »
Wasn't the Crewe game today?  The same one Aurelio played in.  Looks like Kewell did not play.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2007, 04:24:34 pm »
Its going to be tough on the lad as with him missing preseason again for the umpteenth time in a row (not his fault as lady luck sure has pissed on him) I dont see him getting match fit until Nov/Dec. And that is based on him getting starts which he may not.

Still probably our best bet for the left wing as Pennant should go back right but touch wood Babel will step up to the plate. So far not bad and Harry is great cover to it all. I hope.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2007, 07:53:32 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kewell named in the 23 man CL squad submitted to UEFA for the group stages?

...and he didn't play against Crewe today.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:55:08 pm by kkhaku »
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2007, 08:07:51 pm »
The Liverpool team v Crewe in full was: Martin, Arbeloa (Darby 45), Alonso (Huth 45), Hobbs (San Jose 45), Aurelio (Threlfall 45), Pennant (Flynn 45), Leto (Putterill 45), Sissoko (Plessis 45), Lucas (Spearing 45), Brouwer (Lindfield 45), Benayoun (Pachecho 45).
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ged the Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2007, 08:13:57 pm »
Terrible news that he's back, just hoping he gets a bit of form so his price will go up when we offload him in January to a Sheffield Utd or Readings of this world.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2007, 08:40:14 pm »
Not sure what to think to be honest.

If he gets another injury just bin him of.

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2007, 11:19:12 pm »
Terrible news that he's back, just hoping he gets a bit of form so his price will go up when we offload him in January to a Sheffield Utd or Readings of this world.

FFS, is the financial aspect the only thing that concerns you? If Babel gets injured and Riise is our only option there you might be singing a different tune.

I think even the hardcore aussie kopites are past the 'overjoyed at his return' stage - but I'd have Kewell there ahead of Riise anyday, so I for one am glad he's back.

We all know this is his last chance, and we also know that its a little too coincedental that he is fit for cup finals and international tournaments in between his injury setbacks for LFC...but if you throw in the fact that a physio lost his job in relation to this whole fiasco, it does put a bit of perspective into the story.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more frustrated with him, nor am I relying on him to stay fit once he's back - but I think its going a little too far saying its terrible that he's back, and that you hope he gets some form just so we can sell him for a higher value...
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2007, 11:23:38 pm »
I think I'm at the point where I don't give a shit whether he's back now. The more Babel plays, the better. Kewell should be let go in the summer. I just hope he can leave us on a high and not in a wheel chair/on cruthes.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2007, 11:26:15 pm »
Can we at least wait for him to return and see how he gets on before slating the chap again.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2007, 12:14:05 am »
Can we at least wait for him to return and see how he gets on before slating the chap again.

would be nice wouldn't it?

Looking good right now at the top of the table without Kewell whatsoever, Babel's settled in pretty well and things are looking good (tho I wish that 'would you cry if we won' thread was locked.. talk about mockers!).

If Kewell eventually gets fit, does well in a League Cup match and (hopefully) a duff European match etc, then we've got someone good to come off the bench. He's going to find it tough (very tough) to get on that bench but you'd imagine our squad might look just that little bit healthier eh?

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:22 am »
Can we at least wait for him to return and come off after 20 minutes before slating the chap again.

:-X

Offline AussieHKRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2007, 01:03:13 am »
Crewe cut: Kewell's reality check with Liverpool reserves

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/09/11/1189276720611.html

Alex Brown in London
September 12, 2007

THE contrast could not be more stark. As his Socceroos teammates prepared to take on the might of Argentina at a packed MCG, Harry Kewell was readying himself for a return to the Liverpool reserves, most likely against Wigan Athletic on September 19.

These are troubling times for Kewell, now entering the final 12 months of his four-year contract at Anfield. The Australian returned from the Asian Cup hopeful of reclaiming a permanent place in Liverpool's first XI but was struck down by yet another injury - this time to his thigh - which sidelined him for the first month of the Premier League season as well as last night's friendly against the Argentinians.

Worse still, Kewell has been forced to watch on while manager Rafael Benitez has rotated Ryan Babel and Jermaine Pennant in the left-wing position to great effect, and contended with a week of transfer speculation linking him with a move to Spanish second-tier side Real Sociedad.

Liverpool officials contacted by the Herald were coy when asked of Kewell's injury status, saying only: "Harry is progressing with treatment and training but [medical staff] are unable to put a time limit on his return".

Of some encouragement is that Kewell has been named in Liverpool's 23-man Champions League squad, which plays its first game away to Porto next Tuesday. But the fact remains that Kewell is faced with perhaps the toughest challenge of his career. With a growing reputation for brittleness which is testing the patience of his employers, Kewell must attempt to break back into a Liverpool side sitting atop the Premier League and playing some of its best football in years.

Liverpool are unbeaten after four games, with three wins and a draw. The club's goal difference of plus-nine is the best in the competition, and their 6-0 pounding of Derby County in the final round before the international break had many pundits predicting Benitez's men to push title favourites Chelsea all the way this season.

Just how Benitez plans to fit Kewell into the Liverpool puzzle remains to be seen.

The thigh injury was initially considered minor but has since developed into a month-long ailment. If not for the influence of Benitez, a confirmed Kewell supporter, the Australian might have been shipped elsewhere already.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2007, 01:10:35 am »
I have been one of the patient fans but this guy is frustating as hell he was meant to have come back a few weeks ago and he is still injured and not playing in the reserve games.

One thing is achieving something and being injured (like Vicente for Valencia,Robben for Chelsea)but achieving close to nothing and being injured is frustrating.

Hopefully he will come back fitter and better than ever before but that is looking more unlikely as the day goes by with out him being in the squad.....

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 01:12:11 am »
would be nice wouldn't it?

Looking good right now at the top of the table without Kewell whatsoever, Babel's settled in pretty well and things are looking good (tho I wish that 'would you cry if we won' thread was locked.. talk about mockers!).

If Kewell eventually gets fit, does well in a League Cup match and (hopefully) a duff European match etc, then we've got someone good to come off the bench. He's going to find it tough (very tough) to get on that bench but you'd imagine our squad might look just that little bit healthier eh?

Completely agree. Now perhaps we can lock this one too?

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 03:40:13 am »
the latest injury wa a thigh, not a recurrence of the groin injury. Hopefully we see him in the CL. Cmon Harry.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 03:46:48 am »
the latest injury wa a thigh, not a recurrence of the groin injury. Hopefully we see him in the CL Final. Cmon Harry.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2007, 09:16:11 am »
That's beautiful, brother. Was it ironic?
M'eh

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2007, 07:19:16 pm »
Ive been behind Harry since he came here and il always be behind him. Only because i know the quality he brings to the side. I would love him to come back fit and raring to go and im sure most other LFC fans would aswell. Hes been so unlucky with injuries over the past few years and thats not his fault. Hes tried so well to keep himself fit while injured and sacrificed other things to concentrate on being fit for this club. He loves this club and doesnt want to leave, and nor do i. If he comes back this season and gets another long term injury, then i myself will say it must be time for him to move on :(

Offline Ged the Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2007, 09:05:21 pm »
Sorry to be a realist but the Harry Kewell you seen rampaging down the wing for Leeds Utd is not around no more nor will he ever be back, all these fans thinking he will come back better than ever are just romantics the same ones who thought John Barnes would reapear good as new after his horrific injury playing for England. Although John Arne Riise isn't as spectacular on the left hand side of midfield you will always get 3 or 4 honest, box to box, whole hearted performances from him which benefits the team more than 1 spectacular game out of 5 from a overweight, disintrested Kewell who you feel would rather be somewhere else. 

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
Sorry to be a realist but the Harry Kewell you seen rampaging down the wing for Leeds Utd is not around no more nor will he ever be back, all these fans thinking he will come back better than ever are just romantics the same ones who thought John Barnes would reapear good as new after his horrific injury playing for England. Although John Arne Riise isn't as spectacular on the left hand side of midfield you will always get 3 or 4 honest, box to box, whole hearted performances from him which benefits the team more than 1 spectacular game out of 5 from a overweight, disintrested Kewell who you feel would rather be somewhere else. 

Take it you'll be leading the chorus of boos then when he comes on the field?

Offline Shaggy Alonso

• Main Stander
  • Shagged
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2007, 10:21:44 pm »
but if you throw in the fact that a physio lost his job in relation to this whole fiasco, it does put a bit of perspective into the story.

Really? Didn't know about that now. Could someone shed some light on this?
Liverpool showed that miracles exist. They proved that football is the most beautiful sport of them all. After this game, my English team is going to be Liverpool. I came across some of their fans beforehand and they told me they were going to win, but that they would be made to suffer. It's just the way it happened

Diego Maradona

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2007, 11:44:47 pm »
good one, hehehe.
Hope he makes it back.He's the second best left winger in the premiership. Well in theory anyway.
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2007, 11:48:41 pm »
Really? Didn't know about that now. Could someone shed some light on this?
Physio misdiagnosed his groin injury. They were actually treating his groin rather than the cause of the groin injury. This was around the time that the press was being a bit mischievious and quoted rafa as saying he was fit and ready while Kewell was quoted as saying he was injured. Anyway a physio was sacked and Harry got better...until the injury in the FA Cup final and then another one in the world cup.
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2007, 12:19:23 am »
Really hoped Harry would come back better than ever this season and prove everyone wrong, and earn a new contract. Looks less likely that it will happen now, but still I hope so.

He's had some many unlucky, tough breaks it's untrue.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2007, 09:32:30 am »
Really hoped Harry would come back better than ever this season and prove everyone wrong, and earn a new contract. Looks less likely that it will happen now, but still I hope so.

He's had some many unlucky, tough breaks it's untrue.
How exactly would he be proving everyone wrong? WOuld he all of a sudden never been injured?
M'eh

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2007, 01:47:24 pm »
Can't be arsed to read through yet another Kewell thread, so does anyone know when he's likely to actually be included in our match squad?
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2007, 01:50:26 pm »
Can't be arsed to read through yet another Kewell thread, so does anyone know when he's likely to actually be included in our match squad?

:thumbup
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »
How exactly would he be proving everyone wrong? WOuld he all of a sudden never been injured?

Well, everyone saying he is a waste of space and should be sold. Make up for the years of injury.
PSN: DHitchers

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »
Well, everyone saying he is a waste of space and should be sold. Make up for the years of injury.
Maybe, but it won't change the fact that for all the time he's been injured he's been a waste of space.
M'eh

Offline Skillz

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2007, 03:39:01 pm »
Maybe, but it won't change the fact that for all the time he's been injured he's been a waste of space.

You mean like any player who is injured? :P

Carra is Ours - So fuck off!!!

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2007, 03:42:22 pm »
You mean like any player who is injured? :P

Kinda, sorta but not exactly.
M'eh

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2007, 12:10:10 pm »
Any news on Harry?

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2007, 12:13:46 pm »
No news on Mr. Sicknote? Fucking hell...
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2007, 01:10:40 pm »
No news on Mr. Sicknote? Fucking hell...

Who knows? everytime he gets a mention we get told he is nearing fitness, then he dissappears for another fortnight! Has anyone even seen him training at Melwood?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2007, 01:13:56 pm »
Who knows? everytime he gets a mention we get told he is nearing fitness, then he dissappears for another fortnight! Has anyone even seen him training at Melwood?

A fortnight at the very least mate...
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2007, 01:21:59 pm »
A fortnight at the very least mate...

May it is then
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2007, 05:40:45 pm »
Well we certainly need him back thats for sure.

Offline redmonkey

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2007, 05:53:30 pm »
Well we certainly need him back thats for sure.

He's going to walk back into our side (or at least hobble)

After todays horror show even the Kewell bashers will want to see him back

I've read he's a week away from returning

Offline Robbies5th

• Anny Roader
  • Wearing my cranky pants
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2007, 05:53:41 pm »
So do most of the people slating him on here think he's faking injury?

Can't think of another reason you'd be tearing strips off him to be honest.

:wanker :no
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »
So do most of the people slating him on here think he's faking injury?

Can't think of another reason you'd be tearing strips off him to be honest.

:wanker :no

Because they are a set of clueless idiots who are not interested in whats best for the team/squad.