Author Topic: Official stadium video  (Read 23485 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Official stadium video
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 08:26:28 pm »
Nope - just how it'd look at first - i.e. small with a big metal sign or something above it!
We are a team of one half.

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2007, 09:11:12 pm »
any ideas when there is a more detailed video out?the one we have now is a bit of a let down it doesn't really give us a true idea of the ground.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2007, 11:33:56 pm »
Anyone know how the seats in the Kop are being supported?  The plans show the whole seating area just floating within the stand.  Looks amazing, but that's a lot of weight.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »
thanks for the pictures shanklygates, the section in the kop which seems to have a glass wall, is the area infront of this the disabled seating area, its just that in the xsection kop pic it looks like its just an area of the concourse outside the shop with a view out into the ground, just wondered if you asked the question.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2007, 07:39:55 pm »
thanks for the pictures shanklygates, the section in the kop which seems to have a glass wall, is the area infront of this the disabled seating area
I assumed so but didn't ask.
Anyone know how the seats in the Kop are being supported?  The plans show the whole seating area just floating within the stand.  Looks amazing, but that's a lot of weight.
Isn't that what those huge C-magnet-looking things are for on the outside?? That's what I thought but could be wrong.

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:45 pm »
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-news/regional-news/2007/08/09/turbine-and-skywalk-plan-for-new-anfield-stadium-64375-19597959/

I've read around most of the other threads and haven't seen this article mentioned before. Apologies if its been mentioned already but i did have a good look before posting...

From my understanding of  the way this article in the daily post is worded there will be '1000' corporate seats in the new Kop (I hope its just badly written). I'm just assuming this as it says "17,800 seats and 1000 thousand corporate seats" that means the capacity of the Kop will be 18,800 which is in line with the capacity being quoted constantly (too few IMO). See line highlighted in bold in the article below... Of course I hope I'm wrong but thats my impression... If you look at the plans you can see the white gap along the middle of the Kop and through the East stand which i was presuming was for the suites as they appear to be centered in the middle of the stands which seems to be customary in most stadiums throughout the world. If anyone would be so kind to point out that I'm wrong I'd be really relieved...I read what shanklygates posted about the viewing platform and  disabled access but in a later post he mentions that he assumes that its a disabled area but didn't ask or receive confirmation. If I've misread that I apologise but thats how it looked to me.

Regarding the extra capacity I just imagained they would build the stands with excess space in the upper tiers of all of them to fit the extra seats. Therefore should they receive planning all they would have to do is fill in the empty spaces with seats meaning the overall structure of the stadium doesn't have to change, the work could be easily carried out and there would be little our no distruption. I don't see the point in their being a stand opposite the kop, comparable in size, or heaven forbid...even bigger...

LIVERPOOL FC’s new Anfield stadium will have a “skywalk” at the top of the Kop offering views across the city to Wales, the Daily Post can reveal.

It also emerged last night that it is likely to be one of the greenest in the Premiership when built as the club aims to make it “carbon neutral” and hopes to instal a wind turbine in future.

The new details were revealed after the 23 documents for the new 60,000-seater stadium were made available to the public for viewing at Liverpool city council.

The plans also show that the new £300m stadium would be capable of being classed as 5* by UEFA, making it capable of staging international games and club finals.
An architects drawing of the seatin arrangement inside the new Anfield

Although the application does not discuss where the additional 16,000 seats the club may include in future will be situated, it seems clear from the plans they would go in the north stand as it would currently only have 4,200 seats in 28 rows.

The west stand will have 12,000 seats over three tiers with a total of 97 rows. The east stand will have 25,000 seats in two tiers with a total of 108 rows.

The Kop will have a 17,800 capacity over 95 rows, and there will be 1,000 seats in suites.

According to the plans: “The Skywalk/terrace comprises a dedicated route by stair and lift to the top of the Kop stand where the public may enjoy a restaurant, cafe and bar that is unique in its setting; extending onto a large open terrace with views north and south into the bowl and pitch, across the city north to the counties beyond and south over the Mersey to Wales.”

It would be open every day apart from match days, and the south-east and south-west corners of the stadium will remain open during park opening hours, except on match days.
Inside new Anfield

“This provides the opportunity for the public to wander into these parts of the building, to visit the shop and museum or simply glimpse views down onto the pitch,” states the documents.

“Within the southern (Kop) end of the stadium, will be a museum facility charting this club in the context of developments within English and European football.”

The ground will also have a rainwater retention system with subterranean tanks “which collect all roof water and rain water from the concourse for re-use”.

The system will serve watering of the pitch, vegetation on the building’s perimeter, flushing toilets and urinals, and general cleaning functions.

It is the club’s “intention to explore opportunities to supplement the development proposals with a future related application for a wind turbine to serve the development.

“That turbine will make both the stadium and park self-sufficient in energy.

“The intention is to install a number of ‘living walls’ along the base of the northern facade of the stadium. These walls, a direct substitute for any cladding material, will be irrigated by recycled water from the stadium roof and consist of a number of hardy pre-dominantly native shrubs and perennial plants.”
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2007, 09:34:14 pm »
Does anyone know what facilities the stadium will have inside?
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2007, 10:03:30 pm »
Does anyone know what facilities the stadium will have inside?

Well there'll be a mueseum, lots of comfy corporate suites, some nice new places to eat, some kind of walkway and viewing gallery in the middle of the Kop apparently, a roof top cafe bar and restartaunt on the kop with a viewing platform and scenic walkway and all the historical memorials etc from Anfield will be incorporated into the new building. See article above and earlier posts in this thread for more info. I'm not sure what else thay can add really...

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2007, 10:05:47 pm »
Well there'll be a mueseum, lots of comfy corporate suites, some nice new places to eat, some kind of walkway and viewing gallery in the middle of the Kop apparently, a roof top cafe bar and restartaunt on the kop with a viewing platform and scenic walkway and all the historical memorials etc from Anfield will be incorporated into the new building. See article above and earlier posts in this thread for more info. I'm not sure what else thay can add really...

Sorry, I was meaning for the players. I know about most of the other ones. I was meaning like indoor warm up area's like the new wembley and first class facilities for after match, hydrotherapy pools etc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:07:32 pm by Ephraim Longworth »
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:38 pm »
Sorry, I was meaning for the players. I know about most of the other ones. I was meaning like indoor warm up area's like the new wembley and first class facilities for after match, hydrotherapy pools etc.

Oh right:) I imagine it'll be a lot cosier than anfield but I think they should leave the away dressing room fairly sparse, small and basic with no heating or hot water.

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2007, 10:44:18 pm »
Oh right:) I imagine it'll be a lot cosier than anfield but I think they should leave the away dressing room fairly sparse, small and basic with no heating or hot water.
Should keep it plain tiled floor as well with no high grip stuff!

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2007, 12:23:10 am »
Should keep it plain tiled floor as well with no high grip stuff!

And razor blades hidden in the bog roll.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2007, 01:13:26 am »
Where is my post? think i posted one here few hours ago. why moderators here remove posts without giving reasons?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2007, 01:21:54 am »
Where is my post? think i posted one here few hours ago. why moderators here remove posts without giving reasons?
I'd presume that it was due to who that site was run by. If you've got any question there is a feedback forum at the bottom of the board.

Some interesting pdf's that I might make available if legal to do so.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2007, 09:17:23 am »
The more I see new pics the more pleased I am, could you imagine 'studying' the Emerites or any other symmetrical bowl, there would be nothing to look at.

Basically they could just show you part of the ground and just say use your imagination for the rest, cos it's all the same, boring and unimaginative.

Our ground has 4 totally different stands and roof designs to get excited about, I just love it.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2007, 10:57:57 am »
I'd presume that it was due to who that site was run by. If you've got any question there is a feedback forum at the bottom of the board.

You can't leave it there shag.

EL=New stadium tease!
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2007, 11:04:30 am »
You can't leave it there shag.

EL=New stadium tease!

Sorry, I meant on that site that was removed.

I've just found they are huge files - so won't be uploading them.

I'll PM you the link though

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2007, 11:07:17 am »

Ok mate and yeah i'd like to see those pdf files ..you can pm me if it is different to the one in a link i just posted.  :wave

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2007, 11:11:42 am »
Ok mate and yeah i'd like to see those pdf files ..you can pm me if it is different to the one in a link i just posted.  :wave

It is the same site as you posted, mate.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2007, 11:54:50 am »
Alright ....but haven't checked all of the Pdf's. which one have detailed design drawings?

cheers

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:39 pm »
Sorry, I meant on that site that was removed.

I've just found they are huge files - so won't be uploading them.

I'll PM you the link though

Any chance I could get the link please?
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2007, 12:22:10 am »
same here Mr Longworth
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2007, 12:35:35 am »
Not on here.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2007, 06:41:57 am »
Any chance I could get the link please?
same here Mr Longworth
Not on here.

I don't really want anything to do with the site, link askers. The PDF's are not that good anyway.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2007, 12:35:11 pm »
I don't really want anything to do with the site, link askers. The PDF's are not that good anyway.

I've seen them too and I can 2nd that.  A lot of writing and the same images you've already seen on here.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2007, 03:48:55 pm »
Why is the end opposite the Kop so small? Intimidation for away supporters?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2007, 04:11:35 pm »
Why is the end opposite the Kop so small? Intimidation for away supporters?

It's pretty much accepted theory that there will be another tier added above it for expansion.

Offline lea7kewell

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »
I'm actually troubled by the metal inside.
It gives it a cold vibe, not something you'd want to
have in a place which's supposed to be warm and loud.

warm!? don't worry, hicks and gillet will paint it a neutral beige and add some soft, subtle lighting to help warm ya cockles.....cup of cocoa anyone?
There are places I remember - All my life, though some have changed - Some forever, not for better - Some have gone and some remain ...

Offline Timeless Melody

• Kopite
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2007, 11:22:30 pm »
It Looks great on the vid.

Offline MightyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2007, 05:37:22 am »
Looking at this again I think it has grown on me and I haven't seen it for a while now, so I think that's a good sign.

Cheers George and Tom, you've done us proud  :)

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2007, 08:26:40 am »
It's a unique design that when looked at is almost a bigger version of what we already have, but with more corporate capacity. The Kop is the same shape, roughly, The away end when finished will be similar and the two side stands appear of similar design, one two tier but more like the current main stand, the other three tier with boxes. What more could we ask for.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2007, 04:18:15 pm »
I'm in Liverpool on Thursday, is the exhibition for the new stadium available anytime, and where is it?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2007, 07:21:14 pm »
No, it was just on August 16th & 17th, but you can go and see the plans at the Council offices in Millennium House, Victoria Street.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2007, 12:42:33 pm »
I went to the Anfield Regeneration Office this morning to have another look at the plans. It was weird - like they hadn't had anyone else come in. At first they started asking me questions like where I lived and who my landlord is ("er, noone it's mine!" ??? ). Then she said that there was nobody there from the Council but she could give me the number for them. I kept saying that I just wanted to look at the plans and didn't need to ask questions - said I'd understand them as I work for Sefton's Planning Dept! (Not true but...)  :-\ Eventually she let me through to the back storeroom where the files were just lying in a box. They looked untouched to me!  ::)

I felt like a spy in there - a little storeroom filled with boxes, and me left alone with them! ;D Set my camera to silent (just to save having to answer questions. I knew I was allowed as the documents are in the public domain, but also thought they would ask what I was doing if they knew!) and away we went.

If anyone is going down to see them, the most useful files to look at are: A3/4, B3/4, D1/2 & D2/2 - they are mainly pictures and drawings, most of the rest are text only. Comments have to be in by tomorrow, so not sure if the files will still be there after that or not.

For those who can't go down, I took some more photos of the drawings of the stadium. My camera is only 5mp so the pictures won't be that clear beyond a certain level, and I'll have to shrink them or they'll be too big to post on here, but in case they help someone....

I'll sort them out - so the titles are more meaningful - then post them in a bit.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2007, 01:36:27 pm »
Ok, as requested, cross-sections... level by level with Keys so you can see what each colour block is:

1. Service Level

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2007, 01:38:21 pm »
2. Mezzanine Level

Offline Shanklygates