Author Topic: Email to UEFA/Platini  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Dragonshadow

• Needs to work on his grovelling.
  • Anny Roader
Email to UEFA/Platini
« on: June 3, 2007, 05:19:11 pm »
I just had to bring this over for you guys to read! From TIA:

I felt compelled to email them after hearing that tomorrows report is saying we are the worst fans in Europe!

I wonder if I will get a response? Doubt it? I have tried to make it less about Liverpoool on their own and more about UEFA's corporate responsibility to fans...

Dear Mr Platini,

I email regarding your report about Liverpool fans being “The Worst In Europe” based on alleged findings by a “neutral” undercover force being used in the last few years and the exception in which I take these comments.

Whilst I am happy to admit, the debacle that was this years Champions League final in Athens was partly due to a minority of Liverpool fans, the way in which it appears you seems to show Liverpool fans in general is somewhat lacking in respect for the general fan.

It seems as though you as an organisation will use any excuse as some form of blanket for your own shortcomings in organising what is supposed to be the pinnacle of club football in Europe (and if I am being honest, the world!).

Again, the fans are being pretty much wholly blamed for incidents that should also be blamed on lack of organisational skills on the part of UEFA.

We must note that this season alone, there have been incidents involving fans from numerous non English clubs that have caused some rather unsavoury incidents in you competitions this year. Most notably, Roma against Manchester United and Sevilla against Tottenham Hotspur.

Do you choose to make full blow reports on these incidents, I think not!

Please for once stop trying to deflect criticism from your organisation and accept your responsibility to the general fan. After all, you do get handsomely rewarded for it by SONY, HEINEKEN, MASTERCARD and various other corporate sponsors.

Maybe for the future you can take on board some of the following suggestions that appear to be the general consensus across Europe from ALL fans of the game to avoid the incidents at this years final;

1. Select a stadium that is BUILT for football

2. Ensure this stadium has a capacity that can hold as many fans as possible without having to restrict seating so you can gain more revenue

3. Ensure tickets go to the 2 teams participating in the final with only a few being given to the residents of the city hosting said final

4. Ensure tickets going to corporate clients are used by said clients

5. Ensure your tickets have proper security on them and are not easily forged

6. Ensure the local police know how to handle large events in this type of sport and have respect for the rights of other human beings

Please also remember that you should be showing ALL local associations that things must be done correctly. I get the feeling that had the disgraceful incident that happened to Anders Frisk, happened at say Anfield, Highbury, Stamford Bridge or The Emirates Stadium that sure enough, there would have been the severest sanctions taken against the relevant English club. You seem to not too bothered by incident involving non English clubs at all. Maybe you feel that all your shortcomings in recent years can be pushed behind a veil of maybe Heysel in 1985, and it would not surprise me if you dared to mention Hillsborough, under the current climate and try to leverage as much cover for your organisation from that.

Now I am of the understanding that you as the new President of UEFA have some strong views regarding the way in which the Champions League should move forward with regards to the rules governing the participation of the number of teams from each country. Dare I suggest that you take this view with the way in which some members of your organisation go about their daily work. By this, I point the finger firmly at Mr William Gaillard. This man is supposed to communicate your finding / details to a Europe wide audience. This is the man that in 2005 said that regardless of Liverpool winning the Champions League, under no circumstances would they be playing in the following seasons competition as they finished fifth in their league. He also stated that there would be no rule changes to allow this! I wonder what happened next? We all know, the rules were changed and Liverpool did participate! I suggest a replacement be found for him as soon as possible because as the public face of UEFA he is quickly becoming the laughing stock of PR Men!

In finishing, I say again, I do not condone the actions of a minority of fans at this years final, but it seems to blur the line between what is right and wrong on a corporate level. You have an obligation to ensure that the above 6 points are carried out as a necessity each year.

I hope that whoever reaches the final in Moscow next year has an enjoyable trip with none of the problems from this year. UEFA have a duty to ensure this happens.

Regards
"The supporters here are amazing, I am very happy, they give me a lot of support and we try always like Bill Shankly said to make people happy"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Email to UEFA/Platini
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2007, 05:20:23 pm »
Gonna send one later as well.

Good idea in my book.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2007, 05:36:01 pm »
 dont expect mr french c*nt to see any of these e-mails , but good luck anyway

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2007, 05:38:54 pm »
The "Worst fans in Europe" is media spin. I doubt the media savvy UEFA would use such a phrase, just seed enough information and let the media write the headlines.

Thats why the report needs to be made public before it can be credible. UEFA have produced no evidence to back up this report.

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2007, 05:44:49 pm »
An excellent letter/e-mail, I hope he or somebody high up at uefa reads this fully.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2007, 05:53:21 pm »
The "Worst fans in Europe" is media spin. I doubt the media savvy UEFA would use such a phrase, just seed enough information and let the media write the headlines.

Thats why the report needs to be made public before it can be credible. UEFA have produced no evidence to back up this report.

Is the right answer..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2007, 06:10:54 pm »
Good email - I hope they read it.

Going to try and write one tonight.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2007, 06:48:02 pm »
i hope they read it

What was the emal address mate?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Dragonshadow

• Needs to work on his grovelling.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2007, 06:51:44 pm »
Not entirely sure. It wasn't on the original post I took this from.
"The supporters here are amazing, I am very happy, they give me a lot of support and we try always like Bill Shankly said to make people happy"

Rafa Benitez

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2007, 07:55:31 pm »
Excellent email Dragon Shadow- hope you get a response!

Offline jackellis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2007, 07:59:54 pm »
Await the generic response from Platini's secretary's secretary. But keep at it so can't not ignore us.

Keep it up.
Just think- next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
  • He's big and he's f*cking hard
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2007, 08:06:43 pm »
How about we just sort out the wankers that cause the trouble. Then we wouldn't have to write an email like this.

Of course there's a spin on this - but what.... they made it all up? We've got a problem and there's no point in denying it. It's not unique to Liverpool, but some (meaning a small minority) of our fans are dickheads.

Get rid of them, and you get rid of the problem. Does that mean grassing up people wearing a red shirt.. yes it does. Alternative... we get booted out of Europe. And then we're fucked for good.

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 3, 2007, 08:37:02 pm »
How about we just sort out the wankers that cause the trouble. Then we wouldn't have to write an email like this.

Of course there's a spin on this - but what.... they made it all up? We've got a problem and there's no point in denying it. It's not unique to Liverpool, but some (meaning a small minority) of our fans are dickheads.

Get rid of them, and you get rid of the problem. Does that mean grassing up people wearing a red shirt.. yes it does. Alternative... we get booted out of Europe. And then we're fucked for good.

How about Inter sort their fans out
How about UTD sort their's out
How about Roma & Lazio sort their's out
How about Gala, Fenerbache & Beşiktaş sort their's out
How about the greek fans sort themselves out
How about Feyenoord & Ajax sort their rivalry out
How about the eastern European nations sort themselves out did you see Estonia?
How about Denmark sorting out themselves after the Sweden game
Worldwide How about Boca and River sort their fans out, How about the clubs in South America sorting out their gang mentality.
As much as you would love it just to be Liverpool Fans who are trouble makers you are wholly and utterly wrong and I see no reason why Liverpool should have to carry the burdon of being the worst fans in Europe because of a few mindless scumbags who in terms of numbers are statistically insignificant next to the fans of teams I've mentioned above.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 3, 2007, 08:55:11 pm »

Agreed, lets ban ALL scousers from the game.?  :butt :butt :butt

Guess you are from London by those comments ?

Fuck off.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2007, 08:59:09 pm by leonmc0708 »
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2007, 08:56:57 pm »

How are we gonna find all these wankers?

Offline ScousePie

• Main Stander
  • He's big and he's f*cking hard
« Reply #15 on: June 3, 2007, 09:05:39 pm »
Agreed, lets ban ALL scousers from the game.?  :butt :butt :butt

Guess you are from London by those comments ?

Fuck off.

Guess? You can fuck off mate, because you just read my profile. All people IN london are FROM london, are they? Knobhead.

When did I say ban all scousers from the game? We need to ban people who are causing the trouble... unless you're defending them? Wool.

Offline plennon

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2007, 10:12:07 pm »
I thoroughly agree with you, what's it gonna take for them to tackle the real issues of our 'beautiful game'? Having been in Athens and seeing what went on, i was and still am disgusted at the ridiculous lack of organisation by such a big, so called 'organisation'. They clearly do not care about the genuine fans and all it is to them is money,money, money. It is abundantly clear how the game is becoming a non- fan sport, and it is truly sickening. I wish i could work for uefa and change the face of the game, in every respect, so that true fans can enjoy the game how it should be.
Finally a little note to the scumbags who decided to snatch tickets from other fans, not only do i hope you got the beating you deserved, i also hope you injured yourself on way to the stadium or that you do in the future - some fans you are(for those of you scum that are thick, that's sarcasm) 
P.S What chance is there of Platini reading your letter? We all need to send letters continuously and just maybe they'll take notice.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2007, 10:16:16 pm »
Let's all send one! They can't ignore that.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2007, 10:47:29 pm »
Mass e-mailing of Platini and Galiard - for a set day - so it fucks their communications system.

Do it on Tuesday - this tuesday when they are supposed to be releasing the 'dodgy dossier'.

Since when have all dossiers been full of truth?

Let's get the c*nts.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline mike the red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2007, 11:02:52 pm »
what is the email address?
Think its a great idea to all send an email or fifty to them on Tuesday!!!!

Keep it up lads, worst fans!!!!   My arse!!!!!!
mfrackleton

Offline Duzzer

• Anny Roader
  • Arise Sir Fat Scouser
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2007, 12:17:55 am »
Very good and well constructed e-mail wish I had the knowledge to put my feeling into words like you have. Hope it gets to Le Coq of UEFA but I doubt he'll bother to read it. Don't think he could really come back at you with a real good argument agaisnt it.

Le Coq is a  :tosser
Like my Son I was a red before I was born

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2007, 03:57:02 am »
dear platini....you're a c*nt and i hope you'll d**
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2007, 04:01:09 am »

The Sygmata Square set up by UEFA was DEAD BORING to say the least...and the give away items...a joke....
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2007, 04:02:52 am »
dear platini....you're a c*nt and i hope you'll d**

far too verbose

FUCK YOU

that's  it

Offline Ceebs

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: June 4, 2007, 04:16:24 am »
Let's forget about emailing them. Everyone print off a copy, sign it and post it to them. Could you imagine them getting 40,000 letters that would have to be opened? And ask for a response. Even if you end up with a bog standard reply, it means someone having to open, and respond to it. At least that way they begin to feel the numbers who are angered by their comments.

Address it to;

M. Platini
UEFA
Union des Associations Européennes de Football
Route de Genève 46
Case postale
CH-1260 Nyon 2
Switzerland
Let's drink to the hard working people
Let's think of the lowly of birth
Spare a thought for the rag taggy people
Let's drink to the salt of the earth

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #25 on: June 4, 2007, 05:34:59 am »
Let's forget about emailing them. Everyone print off a copy, sign it and post it to them. Could you imagine them getting 40,000 letters that would have to be opened? And ask for a response. Even if you end up with a bog standard reply, it means someone having to open, and respond to it. At least that way they begin to feel the numbers who are angered by their comments.

Address it to;

M. Platini
UEFA
Route de Genève 46
Case postale
CH-1260 Nyon 2
Switzerland

agree......tell this to the international Reds.....
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 4, 2007, 10:04:45 am »

Address it to;

M. Platini
UEFA
Route de Genève 46
Case postale
CH-1260 Nyon 2
Switzerland

They wil be thrown in the bin!

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2007, 10:23:45 am »
They wil be thrown in the bin!

if they do....lets go to Switz and make a protest in front of the UEFA's office.....
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline rogermoore

• rush hour bus shuffler
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fancy a game you non-bamboo eating gimp?
« Reply #28 on: June 4, 2007, 12:54:37 pm »
Cannot help but feel UEFA thin they can get away with this just becasue of what happened in Heysel.

Sadly that amounts to the biggest mess ever in European club history and it also had the same lead characters as Liverpool fans and Platini himself.  Mention Liverpool fans at finals and only rival fans of fellow finalists barring Juve (for obvious reasons) will mention how good we are.  Everybody else will just close their eyes and look sad as they ponder the debacle that was Heysel. 

My words to UEFA is get a fucking grip.  Everybody predicted you were going to fail to control the nasty under current motivated by desperation that they should factor into any decision regarding organisation. 

Blame us just because you can. 

We will blame you as you are the culpable party and we do not seek scapegoats just explanations.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #29 on: June 4, 2007, 05:40:51 pm »
UEfa will use Heysel against us. Email Platini and co as soon as just copying what was in the first post
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Brenitezzz

• Kemlynite
    • iCopo.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: June 5, 2007, 12:39:20 am »

I agree.

Can I tell you a little story?

My girlfriend and I were sat in a pavement cafe one train stop down from the olympic stadium, it was a bit chilly and we were enjoying a few hot coffees and a chat with some Dublin reds and some London reds on adjacent tables.

Over the course of the couple of hours that we were sat there a fella on the opposite side of the area who looked like he was into his 50s was becoming gradually more vocal as the ale loosened his jaw.

I won't repeat all of what he said but the gist was like this, in an exchange of banter with the Dubliners he thought it funny to blurt out that the other fella's mother had sucked his cock and that she was crap at it. But it didn't stop there, he continued to berate these friendly Irish guys about their parentage. I wouldn't mind so much if they had been provoking him but there was no malicious comments from them for him to rise to.

He serially abused the waiter because he looked a little like Gattuso, funny in itself but he was way over the top. Then a bearded chap turned up in a liverpool bobble hat that had seen better days, this guy was Norweigian and as soon as he arrived our 'mate' turned on him for having a beard, a crappy hat, and wearing sandals but when he discovered his nationality he then became viciously racially abusive making comments about how he stank of fish and fucked goats etc.

Finally he turned his attention to trying to provoke some friendly Milan fans who had come over to have their photos taken with the Dubliners before loudly acknowledging that he had bought a forged ticket and was going to get into the ground no matter what.

I was shocked at his behaviour and embarrassed that he may be seen as a typical Liverpool fan whilst spouting hateful racist and xenphobic venom.

He looked vaguely familiar, almost celebrity-like somehow, but one thing's for certain, we need wankers like him in our supporters ranks like we need Sean Dundee as a replacement for Robbie and if I ever discovered his identity I would most certainly be reporting his behaviour to the club.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 5, 2007, 02:46:04 am »
How about Inter sort their fans out
How about UTD sort their's out
How about Roma & Lazio sort their's out
How about Gala, Fenerbache & Beşiktaş sort their's out
How about the greek fans sort themselves out
How about Feyenoord & Ajax sort their rivalry out
How about the eastern European nations sort themselves out did you see Estonia?
How about Denmark sorting out themselves after the Sweden game
Worldwide How about Boca and River sort their fans out, How about the clubs in South America sorting out their gang mentality.
As much as you would love it just to be Liverpool Fans who are trouble makers you are wholly and utterly wrong and I see no reason why Liverpool should have to carry the burdon of being the worst fans in Europe because of a few mindless scumbags who in terms of numbers are statistically insignificant next to the fans of teams I've mentioned above.

Might be the case but why not sort the gobshites we have out?

You logic says it's OK to do WTF you want as long as there are others who do worse things.  :butt

Jesus.

Take responsibility. It should be easy by your logic? The numbers we have to deal with should be small?

If we get rid of the twats who give us a bad name - what can UEFA say then?

Offline Bissboy

• Anny Roader
  • This man knows nothing about football.
« Reply #32 on: June 5, 2007, 07:45:55 am »
Might be the case but why not sort the gobshites we have out?

You logic says it's OK to do WTF you want as long as there are others who do worse things.  :butt

Jesus.

Take responsibility. It should be easy by your logic? The numbers we have to deal with should be small?

If we get rid of the twats who give us a bad name - what can UEFA say then?

Why not? Because we're fans and spectators. To 'sort out' these people means a huge compromise. The only thing these c*nts will understand is brute force, while this is probably wat the bastards deserve, it's not the job of the public to apply said force. As the original email scribe points out, Uefa are DUTY BOUND to ensure the safety of all ticket holders at and around the stadium of any match under their governance. This is the sole primary requiremnet of any body which stages events involving any significant number of public customers. Uefa's history, in this sense, is a litany of the gravest of fuck ups imagineable. They can blame fans ad infinitum as long as they get away with it. These 'fans' should be nowhere near stadia, never mind getting into them.

For perspective, i work as a doorman for a small security firm in a small nght club. If we had people rushing gates to gain admission, theft of tickets, assaults etc, it would be a heartbeat before we were shut down. We dont have the cop out, 'blame the customers' card played by these bastards all the time, rather, we'd be told we WERENT DOING OUR FUCKING JOB. It's a disgrace, how many peoples match experiences and, more importantly lives are threatened before something is done?

Why should we as fans have to take extra responsibility, when we've forked out a greatly inflated fee for something for which the provider cannot garauntee the most basic of stipulations engendered by selling us a ticket? Vigillantiism does more than lower us to the level of those we most despise but lets those bastards off the hok again. If said 'sorting out' of these characters happened, it would be another easy stick to beat us with.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2007, 07:51:10 am by Bissboy »
"Dont Knock Masturbation.... It's sex with someone I love..."

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 5, 2007, 11:10:34 am »
this mail is a very good idea..thumbs up
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #34 on: June 5, 2007, 11:27:17 am »
Sent mine

Fuck off Michele Platini
You’re a c*nt and you hair’s greasy
So you think we’re the worst
And you think we’re bad
But smiles at Heysel
Now that was sad

;D

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 5, 2007, 12:32:49 pm »
13th warrior is spot on. These twats obviously have an anti Liverpool agenda as do some of the press in this country for different reasons. Let's not give them 1% of a reason to bad mouth us ever again. Having said that, most right minded football fans around the globe know this is all vindictive bullshit anyway. That insect Gaillard must think we're all stupid. He's been waiting to have a go back at Liverpool ever since he was overruled about our participation in 2006.
You cannot be in his position and bear grudges like that and he should go and go quickly.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 5, 2007, 12:38:05 pm »
Posts like this really make me feel old and, dare I say it, grown up.
Why the fuck do we even care ?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 5, 2007, 12:41:24 pm »
Because some bureaucratic twat is using his lofty position to slag us off unfairly not just to Europe but to the whole world.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 5, 2007, 12:45:36 pm »
And George Bush says Democracy is a great thing for Iraq.

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #39 on: June 5, 2007, 12:57:12 pm »
Very good E-Mail/Letter there... though I doubt Platini will read it.

Address it to;

M. Platini
UEFA
Route de Genève 46
Case postale
CH-1260 Nyon 2
Switzerland

Great idea, mate! We should all send letter to'em... These can't be deleted just like all E-Mails having the terms "Liverpool", "Athens", "worst fans" or "You surely are some fucking twats" included their subject. Let's bomb their post-box!