I agree entirely. Also, there is absolutely no protection for sellers against the total wankers who bid and then say they don't want the item when they win.
Ive got one of those pending in my queue right now.
but ebay, arghhhhh...
wait till you hear this, but you probably have similar stories of your own.
I listed a "Nintendo DS lite, usb Wifi dongle, 10 games, internet browser, memory card and R4 card"
- this was cancelled by ebay as i broke their policy of listing equipment that can lead to copying of software. far enough
so, i listed my Nintendo DS again with all the stuff included, with the exception of the R4 card.
- they cancelled it again citing the same reason, but everything listed was official Nintendo products.
- I emailed them via the contact form a few days ago and haven't received any reply.
- I wish ebay would pause/suspend a listing and contact the seller requesting they change or cancel, or ebay themselves can cancel in a few days. but atleast you get notice, and have an opportunity to correct/dispute what could be wrong.
- I had 6 bids after just 2 hours, was up to 8 bids when the cancelled and 4-5 people watching in their queue. even if i do get the product reinstated ive lost these bids and buyers.
- now im unsure to list it again, as im afraid it will be cancelled again, and its becoming a pain in the ass.
- ill have to ring their call centre later today, no doubt paying a hefty fee on my phone for it, to get them to explain them selves and relist my sale.