Author Topic: Mascherano  (Read 219736 times)

Offline Armchair and I dont care

• Main Stander
Shankly - "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains!"

Offline Stezzer G

• Kemlynite
Re: Mascherano
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 11:08:54 am »
I heard a few rumours about this a while ago.

One guy over on RAOTL was adamant that we would sign him in January, possibly on loan.

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:09:55 am »
No doubt he is a talent. I think maybe he has been put off English football with his experiences with West Ham.

Would be a great purchase.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 11:32:44 am »
Well I heard yesterday on skysportsnews that Juve wanted him for something like £5m. If that's the case we could go for him actually, £5m is a figure that wouldn't be too much of a risk- I mean he's hardly set the Prem alight since coming has he?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 11:39:48 am »
Do we have £5m to spend on a sub.  If Stevie can't get in the middle when Momo and Alonso are fit, how is he supposed to get a game?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 11:43:03 am »
I think that he'll be desperate to get out of English football after his experience and will go to Juve.  I'll take Tevez instead like.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:06:36 pm »
Won't happen,  what would be the point. 

I don't see us spending money on a player that is only going to get games if we have a injury crisis.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 12:40:54 pm »
Can't see it, seems he's not cut out for the Prem, he'll be off to Juve where the pace of the game is slower.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 02:21:22 pm »
Do we have £5m to spend on a sub.  If Stevie can't get in the middle when Momo and Alonso are fit, how is he supposed to get a game?

He's not bad on the right!

I'd take Mascherano, its not his fault West Ham don't know how to use him. This lad is a good player.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 02:23:38 pm »
I'd love him here. He's still young and there is plenty of time for him to adapt to this league. He certainly has the potential. Precisely the sort of deep lying midfielder we need to replace Hamann and would be perfect alongside any of our current central midfielders.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 02:24:49 pm »
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is believed to be interested in the midfielder as well

i love this kinda shit! a source? what source? Who needs a source?
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Fred Madison

• Jazz saxophonist, now masquerading as a mechanic after probably murdering his wife.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 02:25:46 pm »
I'd love him here. He's still young and there is plenty of time for him to adapt to this league. He certainly has the potential. Precisely the sort of deep lying midfielder we need to replace Hamann and would be perfect alongside any of our current central midfielders.
Definitely.
He'll be used to being behind in the pecking order from his time at West Ham, so he will definitely not complain if it's like that at a top-club.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 02:25:57 pm »
Didn't he play for his Brazilian side at the start of the season?  If he did he wouldn't be eligible to play for a third club under FIFA rules until the new season starts.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 02:27:48 pm »
Didn't he play for his Brazilian side at the start of the season?  If he did he wouldn't be eligible to play for a third club under FIFA rules until the new season starts.
I think he played for Corintians, I'm sure Juve will find a way round the rules. ;)

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 02:28:07 pm »
Definitely.
He'll be used to being behind in the pecking order from his time at West Ham, so he will definitely not complain if it's like that at a top-club.

but surely thats one of the reasons he is anxious to leave?
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 02:29:02 pm »
I think its unfair to judge both Teves and Mascherano on their west ham performances.  Its the most ridiculous transfer farse in the history of the game, and even west ham's new owner said he wouldn't have touched the deal with a barge pole had he been in charge. I don't think they particularly wanted to go there either, and their club didn't want them to leave.  Apparently they were also told the night before that thats where they would be going.  You can't blame them for being off form when dumped in a foreign country and asked to carry an average club into the champions league!  They're both excellent players and £5m for either is a bargain, but only if they were happy to join us.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 02:35:56 pm by dbphase »
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »
Yeah, he's apparently been granted an exception due to the fact that he's so unhappy at West Ham.  I'd like him at the club.  Has the potential to become a world class player in time.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 02:52:03 pm »
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=437745&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=&title=Juve+continue+Javier+chase

struggled to adjust to the demands of English football and has made just seven appearances since his August move from Corinthians.

He has yet to feature under new Hammers boss Alan Curbishley and reports persist he will be allowed to leave Upton Park.

Curbishley is still assessing his squad, while Mascherano insists quitting West Ham has not crossed his mind.

But Juventus have been long-term suitors of the stylish midfielder and coach Didier Deschamps is a fan of the South American.

The latest reports in Italy suggest Juve are dispatching two officials to London in the coming days to meet with Mascherano's management company MSI.

The club hope to persuade MSI to move Mascherano out of West Ham and are willing to pay up to €8 million (£5.4 million) to arrange a deal.

Speculation has also claimed that the player has recently shunned interest from Liverpool in order to remain available for a switch to Italy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly source of the century though.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
I think he will be the best combination for Gerrard when he plays in the middle compared to xabi & momo.More like Hamann.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 03:23:48 pm »
I agree, we definately should make a move for him.  Always has rated this lad
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 09:54:05 pm »
Top player should definately go for him
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 09:55:29 pm »
 ;D :wave
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Carra'sPoundCoin

• Don't you see what's going on out there? Everyone hates us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 01:00:27 am »
Do we have £5m to spend on a sub

Erm...  ;D
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=11MQnQ8QjJs

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 11:26:47 am »
Would probably mean the end of Bolo. Hopefully not Alonso.

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 12:15:17 pm »
Good player with potential but would we swap him for Momo?

Personally not.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 12:55:23 pm »
I think its just a ploy to get more money out of Juve.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 01:31:10 pm »
would love him.  we really need defensive midfield cover, IMHO.

Offline graffspider

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 03:47:42 pm »
The story below from Channel 4 says if we get Mascherano then we'd be happy to sell Momo Sissoko for £6m to Juventus.

Surely we wouldn't consider selling one of our best buys of recent years? Certainly not for so little? Momo is one of the best holding midfielders in the country and can only get better. It'd be silly to let him go. All I see in Mascherano is just another South American who can't cut it in the Premiership.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec29f.html

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 03:48:25 pm »
Two plus two equalling five, methinks.

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 04:51:49 pm »
I would love him to come, as long as Momo stays and we get him cheaply :).
Number 9

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2006, 05:33:58 pm »
Not Javiers biggest fan - think he's sloppy with the ball but if I  heard Rafa was interested I wouldn't be surprised since he played Albeda and Baraja together at Valencia and Alonso/Mascherano wouldn't be a million miles away from that
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline PaulMcC

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 06:06:36 pm »
Not Javiers biggest fan - think he's sloppy with the ball but if I  heard Rafa was interested I wouldn't be surprised since he played Albeda and Baraja together at Valencia and Alonso/Mascherano wouldn't be a million miles away from that

Mascherano definitely isn't sloppy with teh ball. He's a brilliant passer. Class player

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 06:38:12 pm »
A lot of people say we dont need him, I beg to differ, with Momo out we've been shown to be lacking something in the side
having a genuine defensive midfield available at all times allows Rafa to continue with his preferred 2 holding midfielders setup
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 06:39:49 pm »
I imagine he'd cost a hell of a lot more than 5m.

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 06:59:29 pm »
Happy enough with Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko myself.  No real need for a fourth one.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 08:02:48 pm »
I really don't think he's as good as people rate him here. Thought he was very average in the World Cup. Haven't seen much of his River days but saw some Corinthians games earlier this year, and Tevez was phenomenal - like the all guy in the World Cup except nearly everything he tried came off. Mascherano... not so much unfortunately.

Offline anil

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 08:24:13 pm »
Really, I thought Mascherano had quite a good World Cup.  Tidy, distributed the ball well, protected his back four.  Reminded me of a certain initially unsung German....

Offline heighwayheaven

• "normal" and not "important"
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 08:31:49 pm »
I'm sure Juve will find a way round the rules. ;)

How true.....I wonder how
Richie Says Relax

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 09:56:11 pm »
Juve lost their mega money sponsorship deal the other day. It will be interesting to see how (if) they can finance this deal.....

http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Scandal_hit_Juventus_lose_sponsorsh_12222006.html

$303 million it was worth up to 2015
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 11:16:21 pm »
Juve lost their mega money sponsorship deal the other day. It will be interesting to see how (if) they can finance this deal.....

$303 million it was worth up to 2015

That's a blow- they were going to use that money to buy Serie B this season, then Seria A for the next 7 seasons.