Author Topic: Liverpool v man United 1990  (Read 2994 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool v man United 1990
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:07:23 pm »
Some of you guys may have seen this already. tonight on ESPN classic channel 442 Liverpools Drubbing of United 4-0 in 1990 with a beardo hat trick.

If this has already been posted please delet but i couldnt see it.

:)
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Tim-Cross

• The Banner's 5th Beatle - And a Tit (by order of Reeves and ChrisR)
  • Legacy Fan
  • beware of big birds.
Re: Liverpool v man United 1990
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:08:46 pm »
What a game.

his 3rd goal was great, just took the piss.
"Well, Liverpool haven't done much for a very long time but they can still remember.  And last night, they remembered, and the force of their memories was strong enough to bring the past to life"

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:09:43 pm »
Twas a cracker :)
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:39:58 pm »
Is it on again so I can Sky+ it?

EDIT: OK, I've looked it up myself. I have to do everything my bloody self round here. I suppose I'll share my new-found knowledge to the rest of you peasants.

It starts at 10pm tonight and is on again tomorrow at 2pm and again at 6pm.

:wave
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:56:42 pm by Garstonite »

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 09:31:00 pm »
If my memory serves me correctly the last goal was offside,
all the more sweeter  ;D
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:44:11 pm »
Soz Garstonite went offline fella! :)

hoonin

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:12:33 pm »
Haha. What a c*nt their r/b looked for our 1st. Shit scared of being skinned by Barnsey on the outside, so he showed him the inside. Digger obliges by slidding a lovely ball into the area :D

hoonin

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:42:12 pm »
Nobody else watching this? Bit weird seeing single tier Anny Road and Kemlyn stands again!

Offline Billy Liddell

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:50:17 pm »
I'm watching it. I was at the game in the Kemlyn. Great performance and win against a good up and coming Manc side.

Lawrie Mcmeneny must be the worst co-commentator ever. Brian Moore just ignored everything he said.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:51:48 pm »
quality seeing the mancs get humped should have been more if rushy had his shooting boots on.beardo and barnesy strolled through the game as if it was a training session.why were scumchester fans booing barnesy in the first half ? or it sounded like it.YNWA :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:59:22 pm »
Well guys theres more as jimmy cricket would say. next Tues and then Wed its everton v liverpool (not the 4-4) and tottenham v Liverpool, same season 1990 both wins. then on the £rd May its Liverpool V Brugge 1978 Euro Cup Final.

:)

Offline llogo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:05:03 pm »
Nobody else watching this? Bit weird seeing single tier Anny Road and Kemlyn stands again!

Ye i was thinking the same. Was just commenting to me mate how good the kop looked too

hoonin

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 11:12:53 pm »
Great performance and win against a good up and coming Manc side.

Was thinking the same. You could defo see the signs of a good team in there and they caused a few problems and could have had a couple themselves.

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 11:56:17 pm »
I saw a Union Jack!!!!!!! KFS in its infancy then ;)

on another note, all this bollocks about the pace of the game now, that was frantic at times, there are probably better athletes now but I just loved how they all got stuck in. My lad (14) could not believe the challenges that went on uninterupted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:58:24 pm by pheel »
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 01:15:16 am »
damn all you lucky sateliite viewers - have pity on us poor cable watching peasants...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BrianL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 06:35:52 am »
ManU played that one in their pyjamas i remember...

Offline MickeyM

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 07:51:03 am »
Was class watching that again.  The swaying in the Kop, McMahon with full on challenges, no diving, class one touch footy.

Bring back standing !

YNWA 96

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 09:08:41 am »
I'm well pleased with this ESPN Classic channels seeming policy of playing lots of liverpool games, and largely ignoring everyone else.

Great channel.

:D
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline sheff-jim

• Legacy Fan
  • Schizophrenic?! I'm bleeding Quadrophenic
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 09:21:42 am »
why were manchester fans booing barnesy in the first half ? or it sounded like

It was quite common at the time to boo John Barnes. It started because of the England crowd booing him at Wembley for his perceived underperformnces for England (He didn't play that badly for England, more that he was just outstanding for Liverpool).

At that time every defence was sh*t scared of what he could do to them. Barnes between 1987 and 1991 was awesome. The best Liverpool player since Dalglish was in his prime. No-one has come close to reaching that level in a Liverpool shirt since.

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 01:39:12 pm »
on another note, all this bollocks about the pace of the game now, that was frantic at times, there are probably better athletes now but I just loved how they all got stuck in. My lad (14) could not believe the challenges that went on uninterupted.

I watched the Liverpool v Tottenham 1978 7-0 win the other day on that channel.  Clemence comes flying out of his box punches the ball away ten yards outside his box - not even a yellow!

And I think Dalglish goes clean through - Steve Perryman hacks him down as the last man, and Gerald Sindstadt says - "Some referees have been known to give yellow cards for that sort of thing".

Times have changed...

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 01:53:07 pm »
I'm well pleased with this ESPN Classic channels seeming policy of playing lots of liverpool games, and largely ignoring everyone else.

Great channel.

Who carries it? Don't think I have it on Telewest  :sad
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 01:58:42 pm »

I'm on Telewest and I haven't seen it either, knowing them we will get it in 12 months time and they are showing mainly Manc games by then........

Was so annoying a few weeks back when they didn't have ITV4 so I couldn't watch the Benfica away game without going to a mate's house!
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 02:01:25 pm »

Sky, of course. Really don't understand why people would have subscriptions with any other satellite or cable provider.

None of the others seem to offer even half the channels Sky do.

It's a free channel as well. Fantastic.

In the last two weeks, I've watched most of Tysons best fights, a couple of great histories of boxing, a very interesting programme on football rivalries between superclubs in Argentina and Brazil, Liverpool v St. Ettienne, v Spurs (7-0), the 84 euro eup final, and a great history of the Shanks and Paisely years.

Smashing little channel.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 02:33:19 pm »
Sky, of course. Really don't understand why people would have subscriptions with any other satellite or cable provider.

Because Murdoch is a c*nt, perchance? The only concession I make is that I have Sky Sports through Telewest because I can't get to all the games and I also want to watch other footie without paying over the odds for my beer at the pub. I wouldn't want to pay for other channels from that sleaze that I can get elsewhere though.

Additionally from my cable I get free telephone calls and a 4 Meg broadband pipe all for a very reasonable price.

If I had Sky I wouldn't get those advantages :wave

Wouldn't mind this ESPN Classic malarkey though.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 02:34:10 pm »
Was so annoying a few weeks back when they didn't have ITV4 so I couldn't watch the Benfica away game without going to a mate's house!

Got a freeview box sitting around for that kind of thing.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »
It was quite common at the time to boo John Barnes. It started because of the England crowd booing him at Wembley for his perceived underperformnces for England (He didn't play that badly for England, more that he was just outstanding for Liverpool).

i think a lot of came about when digger said he didnt get the whole ' st george, england pride' thing the supporters do.
i remember being at an england game against,i think , norway,when all the  england fans boo d him.as a liverpool supporter,it really pissed me off,but yeah,it was very common then.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Billy Liddell

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »
I always remember that clip in the "Do I not like that" Graeme Taylor documentary, when Barnes was being booed at Wembley and someone in the crowd, clearly audible from just behind the bench, shouts in a southern accent "get off you black bastard"

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 02:51:16 pm »
I always remember that clip in the "Do I not like that" Graeme Taylor documentary, when Barnes was being booed at Wembley and someone in the crowd, clearly audible from just behind the bench, shouts in a southern accent "get off you black bastard"

And before Barnes you never heard anything like that at Anfield? Don't want to drag up the whole debate again, but we were never entirely guiltless.

Offline Billy Liddell

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 02:52:20 pm »
Aye and before Barnes you never heard anything like that at Anfield?

Who said otherwise?

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 02:52:54 pm »

Offline smigger15

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 02:57:42 pm »

Great channel.

Ditto, its a brilliant channel, everytime I switch it on its playing Liverpool games or the history of Liverpool Football Club, must be a Red sorting the progammes out hehehe!!

YNWA