sorry for the change of subject lads, id like anyones thoughts on this hand-
10man sng $5.50,first 3 paid
i have 1700 chipsin middle position, big blind has 2500 chips and i dont have any solid info on him yet
i got dealt JJ in middle position and raised to 180,
folded round to the big blind who raises it to 500, i called
rainbow flop of 3,5,8
big blind shoved, what do you?- ill let you know how it panned out later
my thinking was the following
preflop after his reraise i had him on AA, KK, QQ or AK- (so why did i call you ask, god only knows, was pretty stupid, i do silly things from time to time), from hispoint of view it was unlikely that i was raising from middle position with anything other than a strong hand so he must have felt his was stronger,
so down came the flop, he pushed all in,
at this point i was thinking to myself, its looking like a high pocket pair, i should fold, i shouldnt even have been there to start with,
so 3 questions as follows-
1) is my thought process along the right lines, should i have been folding to his reraise pre flop or how would you advise playing it?
2) so i have now called preflop, say you stepped in and finished the hand for me, how would you play it from here, he shovedon the flop, you have an overpair but still think you may be getting beat at the moment but not sure, so you can either put your remaining 1200 chips in to make a total pot of 3430, or fold sharpish and get out of there with 1200chips still in your stack and plenty still to play for,
3) and just for fun, how do you think it played out?
my answers to the first 2 questions would be the following
1) fold, i know i didnt, rush of blood to the head,
2) probably a fold if you think your beat, the odds are quite good to call and you could still win if you read him wrong or you hit trips, still i think its a fold, still plenty to play for
am i thinking along the right lines, how would you have played it?
JJ, a tough hand to play, 10,10 would definately have folded this early in the game after his reraise preflop i think, QQ,KK,AA i would definately have shoved prelop to his reraise, AK- i would either have folded or shoved preflop, thoughts on that as well if you like