Author Topic: derby 85/86  (Read 3239 times)

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
derby 85/86
« on: December 25, 2005, 01:39:45 pm »
Just watched King Kenny's goal vs the blueshite at the pit (1985/86 season i think?)  and noticed there's a majority of LFC fans at the Gladwys street end celebrating the goal.Were our fans used to take the Gladwys street or it was only that season?? Didn't that kick-off any viloence from our blue cousins?? Any arl arses out there remember that match??

Offline BrianL

• Anny Roader
Re: derby 85/86
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 06:10:01 pm »
was in the Park End terrace for that one mate, but around the same time, possibly 88 or89, i remember a 3-1 win were i stood on the Gladys St, right in the middle, where there was a large knot of reds.

I don't think there was any 'taking of ends' at derbies in those days, just that a reasonable contingent of away fans was tolerated at either the Kop or the Gladys Street. I didn't experience any problems in those days personally.

Offline Dr. Funs Doll

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 07:02:52 pm »
victorious and glorious................

we should take it again on wednesday hehe
THE LIVERPOOL BOYS ARE IN TOWN   ..na na na nanananana..............

Offline Red Floyd

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 10:25:06 pm »
I was in the Park End terrace that day.

The Gladwys street end would have been around 10% red and 90% blue that day, as for all woodison derbies around that time.  The Liverpool fans always grouped together in the lower section (the actual Gladwys street terrace had a path running half way back from side to side) just to the side of the goal nearest the main stand.  As the TV cameras were on the bullens road side the angle would have meant a lot of the Liverpool pocket of fans were in shot as the ball went in.

Woodison at the time has terreces down both sides of the pitch, which were around 20% red - 80% blue ...

There was plently of chant banter and the occasional harmless missiles (a few coins, plastic drinks bottles etc) thrown but little to no actual fighting.

At Anfield the blues would all take the side of the Kop next to the main stand.  I would say the Kop would have been around 15% blue / 85% red, although the year they beat us 1-0 with that Greame Sharpe goal (85 I think?) it seemed more like 20% blue.

I think that was also the year a big mob of blues (followed by loads more normal blue fans) took over the centre of the kop after the final whistle and set a fire going on the terrace .... It was well renound at the time that everton had a significant holligan following and although they usually didn't make a habit of trying anything at derby games that day was the exception.  not that the Liverpool fans offered any resistence, they all just moved out the way!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 10:32:08 pm by Red Floyd »

Offline Prozac

• Surprisingly depressing
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 02:15:57 am »
There was loads of Reds in their end that day.Loads.Always thought we had more presence in the Glawdys than they did in the Kop in those days.

I have seen fighting at derby games-I remember seen fighting breaking out in 1983 in the 0-0 and 3-0 games (The Franny Scully derby) accompanied by the now laughable 'Scousers aggro' chant.
Heard a few reports of various pubs being smashed too.
Wasn't there but apparently in th 5-0 game in 1982 the atmosphere was tense on the Gladwys.

At the 1990 game (3-2) in the Glawdys I recall burning Reds scarves, Murderers chants and a few scuffles-so the friendly derby has always been a bit of a myth.

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:13:01 am »
As pointed out earlier there was no fighting in the ground those days.
I was in the Gladwys st that game, just took up my position about half way up when King Kenny scored in the 1st minute, me and my mates went beserk and no problems.
Any trouble those days were mobs of Everton going in pubs to Kick Off
after the game. But you were Ok in the game like an unwritten rule.
The 5-0 drubbing I remember being in the Lower Bullens Terrace
[when we had the Park End] when a mob of Everton hoolies come in at 3\4 time, my mates screaming bang another one in, thinking were gonna get battered because theres just the 2 of us, I says to me mate watch our back, to which he roared "Fuck `em come on Liverpool bang another one in". The Evertonians looked bemused and the leader of them said "leave them just fuck the woolies".

Pricks fucked up the friendly derbies in my opinion.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline Scouser Red

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 11:16:38 am »
what about after the game? remember after an FA cup match, we were face to face and outnumbered. The bastards picked us off one by one. I took one to the head. Never forgotten.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 11:58:15 am »
Was in the Enclosure for that game and I think he scored after 17 seconds but misssed a few sitters in the second half. I remember the game a few seasons later when Wayne Clarke scored and it being a bit dodgy after the game. I also remember the home the same season when the c*nts  steamed into us aftert he final whistle.

The friendly derby my fuckin arse!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Magic_H

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 12:05:48 pm »
Just watched King Kenny's goal vs the blueshite at the pit (1985/86 season i think?)  and noticed there's a majority of LFC fans at the Gladwys street end celebrating the goal.Were our fans used to take the Gladwys street or it was only that season?? Didn't that kick-off any viloence from our blue cousins?? Any arl arses out there remember that match??

I was in the gladwys st that day, sat on the bar, with my liverpool bobble hat on, i would have been 11 at the time. Never forget that goal. Just as Dalglish shaped to shoot there was a surge from the back, as kenny hit it i fell off the bar and just remember lookin up just in time to see the ball hit the back of the net. The roar came up from the park end, and the reds in the enclosure and the bullens far end, and all the reds in the gladwys st went nuts. I lost my hat in the process, but some fella handed me it back and lifted me back on the bar afterwards!

Never any real trouble in the derbies in them days, and I used to go the game in the everton end virtually every derby. After the game we would meet our bluenose mates and walk home together.

It all took a turn for the worse in the 90's when everton went really shi_te and the relegation battles started. They needed a scapegoat it all became liverpools and heysels fault. The murderers business started taking off at goodison and the friendly derbies were no more.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 02:02:04 pm »
i think your referring to the 27 second goal?

i was there,in the shithole end too-standing next to a red bro & one of my bitter bro's.

can remember it well,i was settled in my place-kenny hits that screamer in & my bitter bro's pie went up in the air,there was about 2000 reds in there that day i guesstimate.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 02:41:29 pm »
Was in the park end that day. A great game. I can see myself in the old footage as I was standing at the back on the bar that used to be there.

The season before I was in the terrace to the right of the park end and there wasn't any trouble.

The last time I went to that shithole was in 92. I had a seat in the gladwys street and the abuse our black players were getting was outrageous.
There was a bitterness I hadn't seen in previous games and I vowed never to set foot in the pit again and give those shitbags my cash.
One or two of our fans were getting abuse, there was no banter, just bitterness.
And they won.

Tossers.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Deryk

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 06:38:18 pm »

Yeah I was at that game.I was about 14 and in the enclosure towards the Park End side and I was surrounded by Reds.
       What struck me was when kenny scored just how many Reds where in the Gwladys it must have been a good 25 to 30%.
        We also got pelted with coins from the Main Stand afterwards.
That was my first time at the pit and one of the best Derbys I`ve been to with two excellant teams at the time.I was nearly in tears by the end screaming at the Ref to blow for time after it had gone to 3-2.
        All in all a great match and a great result.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 06:49:38 pm »
Those c*nts always used to kick off in the paddock at Goodison,going back to the ealry 80's,it always used to happen just after we'd scored.
   Had a couple of run ins with them once in the Top Balcony during a 2-2 draw and once in the Lower Bullens when we beat them 1-0 in the cup.Won't go there now unless I get a ticket for our end,not because I'm worried about it or anything as I'll give as good as I get,but I'm just a bit too old for that shit nowadays.
  Anyway I'll be in the Upper Bullens on Wed. and hopefully not stuck behind a fucking big post!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 06:56:21 pm »
Very rarely was I in the away end at Woodison in the 80's.

Was in the lower bullens, all standing then, towards our away end when we beat them in that famous 5-0 victory.

Kicked off big style in the ground and the bizzies had to form a line to separate us.

See, they was still bitter back in them days.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline PeterTheGreat

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 09:51:53 pm »

http://media.putfile.com/Dalglish-Liverpool-Everton-85-86

;)
We Have Nothing To Declare...
                                         Apart From Our Immortality

Offline Dr. Funs Doll

• Anny Roader
  • Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 10:15:55 pm »
THE LIVERPOOL BOYS ARE IN TOWN   ..na na na nanananana..............

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 02:16:04 pm »
Was at that game in the Gwladys Street. McMahon scored the 3rd if I remember and we were 3-0 up at 1 point. Kenny missed 2 absolute sitters at the end. Always used to go in the away if I could cos the Park End was the worst view ever - was below ground level virtually, even at the back. I never had any aggro at all.

Only bother I had was in 85 (was it?) when Sharp scored at Anfield. Was with my bluenose mate and he started running off at the mouth in the Kop when we were 1-0 down and someone nutmegged Jan Molby. Some bloke gave him a crack on the back of the head and so I had to help my mate out. Was a tough call cos I felt like lamping him one myself.

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 02:40:11 pm »
There was some Reds in there and fuck me what a goal!

Dont be fooled that its just blue bitterness, i dont know any Reds that have had trouble at the pit but i know loads of blues that have been sparked at Anfield, a couple of me mates got sparked a few years ago, my uncle got chinned in the Kop and me cousins husband got slapped and spat at in the Anny so although they arent saints, neither are we!

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 02:43:15 pm »
Never been in the away end at woodison, even sat in those seats that you have to go up escalators to get to, but at least you can see Anfield from them ;D

Best recent derby was when Gary Mac sored from about 70 yeards in the last minute, lol.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 02:53:29 pm »
There was some Reds in there and fuck me what a goal!

Dont be fooled that its just blue bitterness, i dont know any Reds that have had trouble at the pit but i know loads of blues that have been sparked at Anfield, a couple of me mates got sparked a few years ago, my uncle got chinned in the Kop and me cousins husband got slapped and spat at in the Anny so although they arent saints, neither are we!

More a case of reds finally beginning to dish it out rather than just take it I reckon.I know of loads of reds who have had trouble there,including one fella whose 9 year old daughter got told to "sit down you slag" after a goal at Goodison a few years ago.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 03:36:54 pm »
just watched that clip for the 1st time in a long time.

looks like there was far more than the 2000 or so i thought were around me,we almost 'took' their end!

was similar in the kop around that time too,remember it going off big time in the kop once during a derby.

We beaten the bitters,i can remember thats why it went off.

i stood on the kop for years in the same place,just left of the goal,middle(ish) & where the bitters started to gather.

A bitter fecker grabbed my bobble hat (bobble removed)  ;)  & threw it to the floor in one swing,i was about 14 at the time & a fellow red had assumed he'd punched/slapped me for no reason.
i don't need to tell you what happened next but it ended up a mass brawl!

Sad state of affairs when fellow scousers trade.