Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool Preview (November 23 2013, Goodison Park, 12.45)  (Read 82823 times)

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Everton v Liverpool Preview (November 23 2013, Goodison Park, 12.45)
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:09 am »
No way do I want Flanno playing in this

He's the lesser of two evils. Cissokho doesn't look like he has a fucking clue. Brendan was having the coach the guy through the entire game in his last appearance.

Just a shame Kelly is struggling to get up to speed.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2013, 10:11:25 am »
Can't help thinking all this Flanno news is a smokescreen from Brendan. Why give such a valuable piece of team news to the opposition 24hrs before a Derby game? It just doesn't make sense unless he is sending a message to Jon Flanagan himself that he has full faith in him.

If he does indeed go with Flanno then so be it and I hope we all get behind the lad (I'm sure we will). But i still think we may see a buoyant Sakho playing LB tomorrow with him and Agger switching when necessary to nullify Lukaku.

Yeah it doesn't really make sense to publicly speak of your plans for a massive game. He may have been asked, but could have been a lot more coy about it.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2013, 10:11:35 am »
Can't help thinking all this Flanno news is a smokescreen from Brendan. Why give such a valuable piece of team news to the opposition 24hrs before a Derby game? It just doesn't make sense unless he is sending a message to Jon Flanagan himself that he has full faith in him.

If he does indeed go with Flanno then so be it and I hope we all get behind the lad (I'm sure we will). But i still think we may see a buoyant Sakho playing LB tomorrow with him and Agger switching when necessary to nullify Lukaku.
I don't think he gave anything away, just said we have Cissokho who can play there or Flanagan, which we all knew anyway. Don't know why the papers have read that as Flanagan will start.

He did say Sakho wouldn't play there as he wants more mobility in that position.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2013, 10:13:36 am »
He's the lesser of two evils. Cissokho doesn't look like he has a fucking clue. Brendan was having the coach the guy through the entire game in his last appearance.

Just a shame Kelly is struggling to get up to speed.

This, I mean Cissokho looked out of his depth and behind the pace at home against Fulham, one of the worst teams i've seen come to Anfield in the last few years. The strength and pace of the derby would surely pass him by. Against Arsenal it felt like Sakho was playing CB and LB at time.

I'm really not sure on Flanagan, I would rather see Agger at LB to be honest. A bit of money on a Flanagan red might be a good shout, could see him getting caught up in the passion.

Everton's wings are very very strong, Baines, Coleman (who's been in great form this season), Mirallis and Pienaar potentially, that's a lot of problems possible there.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2013, 10:15:22 am »
Would be worried him coming up against Mirallas, very worried. Also you can forget about any sort of offensive threat we might have down that side if he plays. Don't understand with 4 quality CB's, why we don't slot one of them in instead of Flanno?

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2013, 10:17:54 am »
It'll be a different experience to what we're used to, now, with their different style of play.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was hardly any of the usual rough-housing.

In fact, if either team was going to be rough, I'd expect it to be us. I just can't see the current Everton team being pricks this time round. They're more focused on their football now.

It'll also be a welcome change, not seeing Fellaini in the middle of the park, winning every ball and elbowing our players.

I remember being terrified of Everton set pieces, just because of Fellaini. No more.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:19:29 am by SMacDougall »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2013, 10:20:52 am »
He did say Sakho wouldn't play there as he wants more mobility in that position.

Sakho isn't exactly a lumbering hulk and has more defensive prowess in his little toe than Flanno or Cissokho. It is a defensive position we are discussing here after all.  But if BR's style demands more attacking qualities than defensive who am i to argue.

The more I think about it the more i WANT Sakho in the LB position tomorrow.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2013, 10:21:57 am »
Sakho isn't exactly a lumbering hulk and has more defensive prowess in his little toe than Flanno or Cissokho. It is a defensive position we are discussing here after all.  But if BR's style demands more attacking qualities than defensive who am i to argue.

The more I think about it the more i WANT Sakho in the LB position tomorrow.

Think Sakho offers more in the centre against Lukaku than any of our other centre halves do
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:14 am »
I'm sure Agger's played there for us before. In fact am convinced of it.

Anyway, fuck it, its the derby, let them worry abar us. If we take our chances we'll win, its that simple.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:13 am »
I'm sure Agger's played there for us before. In fact am convinced of it.

Anyway, fuck it, its the derby, let them worry abar us. If we take our chances we'll win, its that simple.

he played there against Chelsea away when he decked Torres with that elbow

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:57 am »
Think Sakho offers more in the centre against Lukaku than any of our other centre halves do

I keep hearing this off mates this morning and while I agree Sakho could handle Lukaku, I can't understand why Agger and/or Toure/Skrtel can't do the honors.  For me Lukaku is one notch up from Benteke who was handled well at Villa park by Agger and Toure.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2013, 10:30:54 am »
Radio City 96.7 ‏@RadioCity967 47s

NEWS: Police dogs will be out on patrol at Goodison Park tomorrow to sniff out fans taking in flares.

Have they been specially trained to sniff out purple ones?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:52 am »
Johnson LB?  flanno RB

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2013, 10:35:42 am »
It is actually difficult to decide who to play in the middle out of Agger, Skrtel, Sakho and Toure.

You'd think that a partnership of Sakho and Toure would be better equipped to deal with Lukaku. 2 monsters against 1. I can't help but feel that Lukaku would get the better of Agger by merely body-checking him, the same perhaps would go for Skrtel. But Lukaku won't be able to use his physicality to the same extent against Sakho and Toure.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2013, 10:37:09 am »
he played there against Chelsea away when he decked Torres with that elbow
Wasn't it Kelly and Johnson full backs with three centre backs for that game?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:36 am »
No way do I want Flanno playing in this
nor should we want Johnson moved to the left either, seeing as he's vital down the right to the way we play.

We've got a left back who's fit in Cissokho, play him. If you're going to go with an reserve over him, one who doesn't even play left back week in , week out, then why on earth is Cissokho even at the club?
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:36 am »
Been a while since both of us are right up there, giving it even more spice than normal if that was possible...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:49 am »
Wasn't it Kelly and Johnson full backs with three centre backs for that game?

Yes. We had Skrtel, Carragher and Agger in the middle.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2013, 10:43:23 am »
Out of all our options I genuinely think Flanno is the best choice. He did very well in the Arsenal game and Brendan is clearly seeing something positive in training. I have been hugely disappointed with Cissokho so far and you know Flanno will always give it everything, which is extremely important in a derby.

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2013, 10:48:41 am »
Surely Sakho at CB and Agger LB would make much more sense

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2013, 10:51:04 am »
Could have done with Wisdom now. Always felt he had the edge on Flanno.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2013, 10:57:37 am »
I'd go with Kolo RB and Johnson LB. No way Flanagan should play
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:06 am »
Just had my first pre-derby loose bowel movement (although I have had a lot of coffee this morning)
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2013, 11:02:05 am »
I keep hearing this off mates this morning and while I agree Sakho could handle Lukaku, I can't understand why Agger and/or Toure/Skrtel can't do the honors.  For me Lukaku is one notch up from Benteke who was handled well at Villa park by Agger and Toure.

Last season Lukaku and Benteke got a lot of joy out of Agger and Skrtel, agreed that Agger/Toure could probably do it but I think Agger can offer more at LB.

Although this is a moot discussion as it seems Brendan wants a proper full back there, which I find a bit odd.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

kolo at rb ? no way.Don't think it is a great idea.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05:23 am »

kolo at rb ? no way.Don't think it is a great idea.
He did ok there earlier in the season. Certainly a better idea than Flanagan or an unfit Kelly for me.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2013, 11:05:30 am »
Radio City 96.7 ‏@RadioCity967 47s

NEWS: Police dogs will be out on patrol at Goodison Park tomorrow to sniff out fans taking in flares.

I'm sure they've had these the last 2 trips to Old Trafford and they've done fuck all

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2013, 11:10:11 am »
Flanno will be fine, stop fecking moan.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline fizyboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2013, 11:12:13 am »
---------- Sturridge -- Suarez-------
---------------Coutinho--------------
-----------Lucas ---- Gerrard--------
Johnson----------------------Hendo
--------Sakho--Agger---Skrtel------
----------------Mignolet--------------

This formation would be our strongest team given the circumstances me thinks.. Little chance of it happening though.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2013, 11:14:24 am »
Last season Lukaku and Benteke got a lot of joy out of Agger and Skrtel, agreed that Agger/Toure could probably do it but I think Agger can offer more at LB.

Although this is a moot discussion as it seems Brendan wants a proper full back there, which I find a bit odd.
There's nothing odd in the slightest about a playing a full back at full back.

What's odd is RAWK's fascination with playing players in postions that are alien to them. Agger in midfield is my personal favourite.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2013, 11:16:29 am »
Too much respect given to Everton judging by all the worrying. They are a good side, but they haven't been playing well.

Shifting Johnson onto the left is a mistake, we need to force Baines back and Johnson and Suarez overloading their left flank will do that.

Offline SMacDougall

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2013, 11:17:57 am »

Actually, that is a great idea. Kolo is great at going forward and is very good at defending too. I remember giggling with delight when he played there earlier in the season, he was brilliant, dribbling past everyone and even getting some shots off.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:17 am »
Flanno will be fine, stop fecking moan.
Of course he will be it doesn't stop the would-be fantasy football managers coming out with the Agger or Sakho at left back or Toure at right back.

How many of these people if they were truly the manager of Liverpool FC going into a local derby and one of the biggest games of the season would actually play with a CD as a full back, especially after the Southampton game.

People make these blasé claims about which player should be left-back but I expect Rodgers and his coaches investigate every possible solution in a lot more detail than anyone can imagine on here.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2013, 11:23:09 am »
Too much respect given to Everton judging by all the worrying. They are a good side, but they haven't been playing well.
Didn't they only lose once at home in 2013?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:56 am »
Looks like Flanagan a real possibility. Really worried about him getting sent off. We need a new left back very badly. Put johnson there and Kelly right back. Or if Kelly isn't up to it put kolo right back.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline williamson84

• "Disgusted of Aberdeen."
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:22 am »
There's nothing odd in the slightest about a playing a full back at full back.

What's odd is RAWK's fascination with playing players in postions that are alien to them. Agger in midfield is my personal favourite.

What he said  :wellin

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:27 am »
We've got no chance in this game. Our midfield is no good. Cisshoko and Flanagan are crap. Sturridge is injured. Suarez is knackered. Our CBs will get outmuscled by the beast that is Lukaku while Mirreles and Coleman are destroying the left side of our defence and Baines  is torpedoing the right side. Meanwhile Berkley will be foraging through the midfield ably backed by the sublime Gareth Barry.
Waste of time us showing up really.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:47 am »
Doesn't matter which XI Brendan picks we should just go out there and f****n batter them tomorrow.

That's all I want. Just don't want my weekend ruined by 2:30 on Saturday afternoon.

Looking forward to it though since for me the games against Everton are the biggest league games of the season
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2013, 11:39:43 am »
We've got no chance in this game. Our midfield is no good. Cisshoko and Flanagan are crap. Sturridge is injured. Suarez is knackered. Our CBs will get outmuscled by the beast that is Lukaku while Mirreles and Coleman are destroying the left side of our defence and Baines  is torpedoing the right side. Meanwhile Berkley will be foraging through the midfield ably backed by the sublime Gareth Barry.
Waste of time us showing up really.
;D

Offline TheDarkKnight

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers' Tricky Reds
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:54 am »
Not sure what to make of Flanagan playing left-back tomorrow. He did well defensively for the most part at Arsenal but offered nothing going forward. He'll always give it his all but passions will be running high tomorrow and I just hope he doesn't get caught up in it. Of course it could have the opposite effect and he could have a stormer. Think it's fair to say he will be starting though, this bib theory has been proven true time and again and I think he had the same colour bib in training yesterday as Coutinho, who will surely start. If it is a smokescreen then fair play.

Anyway I know the four centre backs experiment against Southampton was a disaster but that was a different type of game to this one. We were at home, the onus was on us to attack them, but having no width offered from the full-back meant we got no rhythm. Southampton don't play with true wingers, most their width comes from their full-backs, so ideally we would have had a Johnson or someone playing that day. Think our having four CBs played in to their hands that day.

Everton away is obviously a lot different. They'll expect to have more of the ball than Saints did at our place, and they play with two very attacking full-backs as well as a genuine winger in Mirallas. Having Agger at left-back against him would be a decent decision I reckon, just tell him to deal with Mirallas and not worry too much about going forward. Mirallas against Flanagan in an unnatural position worries me slightly, even though I know Flanno would give it his all.

Not fussed with Flanagan starting over Cissokho, the latter has given off the impression so far that he's going through the motions in games, as well as being a liability and you can't afford both of those things in a game like the derby. I'd just personally favour playing a more defensive player there, after all most of ours attacks come down the right anyway with Enrique out.

Meh. Whatever Rodgers goes with the only thing that matters tomorrow is we win. Don't mind if Flanagan has a nightmare, gets sent off, we play shite and nick it with a 94th minute goal. Performance doesn't matter as long as the result is a Reds win.