Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid 22/10 19:45 k.o  (Read 91518 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Real Madrid 22/10 19:45 k.o
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2014, 04:48:52 pm »
Get Gerrard back to DM in a diamond with Coutinho at the tip, I'm not sure if Real will bother to press Stevie too much, especially if Benzema isn't fit. I'd also get Sterling in and around Balotelli.

Mignolet

Manquillo       Skrtel      Lovren      Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson              Allen

Coutinho

Sterling    Balotelli

This, except I'd have Borini, not Balotelli. I want us to really go for them, press them and not give them any time on the ball. Balotelli won't comply with this.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »
Mario winning goal because Why Always Him..

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2014, 04:54:48 pm »
if we lose then I hope we get destroyed, maybe then rodgers will wake up and do something about the defense.

Hope anfield is rocking! still the result tho.. 1-4.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »
Errrr....no. Just no.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »
'This is Anfield', so what?
Theres a banner

This is Anfield', so what?

4-0

This is 4nfield ', s0what?

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »
lucas needs to start this game

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »
Balotelli will play I think. I just don't see Rodgers trusting Lambert or Borini up front against RM.

Guessing how Mario is wired, this is the sort of game where he may well just do something special. Biggest selection dilemma is can you play Coutinho and Lallana in the same team? Both looked good vs QPR (not many did) and the rest of the side more or less picks itself.

For me it's a choice of either Allen or Lallana in the midfield 3.

Migs

Manquillo  Skrtel  Lovren   Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson         Lallana or Allen

Sterling   Balotelli   Coutinho             

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »
It'll be fascinating to see how Rodgers sets the team up. Playing as we have been we'll be carved open from all angles. Yet Rodgers has never sorted out the defence so we've never seen him tactically snuff out an attacking opposition team. At least last season this could have been two teams trying to outgun each other - we've lost our bullets this season or have replaced them with rubber ones.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:46 pm »
lucas needs to start this game

He's had a few chances(League Cup, preseason, partnering SG) in that position after his injury in January, but he has not looked physically capable of holding that position down at a high level. To throw him in for our biggest game of the season would be madness.

Gerrard deepest, Allen and Henderson in front of him, and a front 3 of Sterling, Coutinho, and Balotelli. Even though he is better on the left, I'd still keep Sterling on the right because Markovic isn't integrated yet. Rodgers hasn't really shown a desire to play two inverted wingers and I can't blame him because the balance is essential. The Sturridge injury has still got players playing in less than ideal positions, but we've got to put out the side most likely to win.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2014, 05:10:57 pm »
Our spanish fullback pair will be so up for this. Can't wait. Sterling vs Pepe makes me tingle all over.

So does Ronaldo vs Lovren... in all the wrong places

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »
Our spanish fullback pair will be so up for this. Can't wait. Sterling vs Pepe makes me tingle all over.
pepe and ramos clowns that they are, have seen off more accomplished players than raheem.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2014, 05:15:17 pm »
If football was an exact science then I'd be worried. It isn't close to being so, however, so I can't be nothing but optimistic. We've waited 5 fucking years to be back in this competition. 5 years. I'm not going to sit her and bitch and moan about how scared I am of Real Madrid. They deserve our respect, absolutely. They are the reigning champions of Europe and have an amazing squad filled with superstars. But so what? It's not as if they are unbeatable. It's not as if they've got a god-given right to beat us. They are coming to OUR ground. They won't like that. They spouted their mouths off last time they did. A case of cowboyitis spread throughout their team and they were telling everybody how they'd batter us. They left with their tails between their legs after being twatted 4-0.

I'm not saying we'll do that again. I'm not even saying I believe we'll win. But if we all have a defeatist attitude and resign ourselves to losing that won't mean that the opposite will happen - a kind of reverse psychology. Anfield is truly an amazing place on European nights. It does funny things to visiting teams. It also seems to bring the best out of our own lads. Our start has been inauspicious but in the league we aren't far away from the top 4 and we still have a squad that has a lot of talented players in it. We have as much as a chance as anybody to beat this lot. Call me naive, call me deluded, I don't care. If you have followed this club over the years, especially in this competition, then I won't need to explain myself as to why I think that.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2014, 05:18:34 pm »
pepe and ramos clowns that they are, have seen off more accomplished players than raheem.

Sure they have.
But there is something about Sterling.
He'll enjoy this and mark his entrance to the big european stage. Fearless.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2014, 05:24:00 pm »
Raheem seems to play better against better players so hopefully he can terrorize Pepe and Ramos.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »
So does Ronaldo vs Lovren... in all the wrong places
Don't worry, Skrtel is there besides him  :D
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »
Zamora has set the benchmark for opposition strikers against us. A truly dominating performance. I can't think of a Madrid player who can top that.

Hmm, well maybe they could try, you know, scoring.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2014, 05:27:26 pm »
Oh well I can put the medication away then  :D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »

They've also had more red cards than Raheem has had hot meals.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:31:17 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2014, 05:29:32 pm »
4-1 to Real Madrid is the score I'm going for. Can see their attackers tearing our defence apart with ease. Don't think it will be a pretty sight.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:18 pm »
4-1 to Real Madrid is the score I'm going for. Can see their attackers tearing our defence apart with ease. Don't think it will be a pretty sight.

Love it when people like you are crying when we fucking batter that fucking bunch of shit club twats. Fucking greasy shit heads the lot of them.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »

That's the fucking spirit...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »

They've yet to score one against us. Never mind four.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2014, 05:32:52 pm »
Why come into a thread saying were gonna get battered. I understand negativity after a poor performance but this is an exciting game, something we've waited years for.

Supporting us must be so hollow for you.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2014, 05:33:46 pm »
3-2 win, Balotelli hattrick

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

Fuck me those Nazis beat Poland 5-0, I'm expecting them to tear our pathetic air defence apart with ease. We'll be eating bratwurst for Christmas. - Winston Churchill
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »
These lot beat ludogorets 2-1. Just a question for all the negative bellends out there, why should we be scared of a team that beat them by the same scoreline we did?

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2014, 05:38:34 pm »
They've yet to score one against us. Never mind four.

Yet we concede nearly every week against massively inferior teams.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2014, 05:41:46 pm »
Yet we concede nearly every week against massively inferior teams.

Madrid Conceded four against Sociedad. That's more than we have in a single game this season.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »
Raheem seems to play better against better players so hopefully he can terrorize Pepe and Ramos.

Ramos is out.
YWNA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2014, 05:43:53 pm »
Ramos is out.

What's their likely starting line up?

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2014, 05:45:54 pm »
Madrid Conceded four against Sociedad. That's more than we have in a single game this season.

Look how many they have scored tho. 30 goals in 8 league games. Their attack is a thousand times better than ours.

Offline m3sye

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2014, 05:47:16 pm »
Could SG play the Mario role for this game

Allen Hendo
Lallana Sterling Lallana
      Gerrard

Surely can do more than Mario ? gives us a strong 2 in front of back 4 and 3 creative players in front.

Thoughts?

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2014, 05:47:52 pm »
Zamora has set the benchmark for opposition strikers against us. A truly dominating performance.

Jeez he wasn't even that good

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2014, 05:48:40 pm »
This. Very much this.

If football was an exact science then I'd be worried. It isn't close to being so, however, so I can't be nothing but optimistic. We've waited 5 fucking years to be back in this competition. 5 years. I'm not going to sit her and bitch and moan about how scared I am of Real Madrid. They deserve our respect, absolutely. They are the reigning champions of Europe and have an amazing squad filled with superstars. But so what? It's not as if they are unbeatable. It's not as if they've got a god-given right to beat us. They are coming to OUR ground. They won't like that. They spouted their mouths off last time they did. A case of cowboyitis spread throughout their team and they were telling everybody how they'd batter us. They left with their tails between their legs after being twatted 4-0.

I'm not saying we'll do that again. I'm not even saying I believe we'll win. But if we all have a defeatist attitude and resign ourselves to losing that won't mean that the opposite will happen - a kind of reverse psychology. Anfield is truly an amazing place on European nights. It does funny things to visiting teams. It also seems to bring the best out of our own lads. Our start has been inauspicious but in the league we aren't far away from the top 4 and we still have a squad that has a lot of talented players in it. We have as much as a chance as anybody to beat this lot. Call me naive, call me deluded, I don't care. If you have followed this club over the years, especially in this competition, then I won't need to explain myself as to why I think that.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »
Could SG play the Mario role for this game

Allen Hendo
Lallana Sterling Lallana
      Gerrard

Surely can do more than Mario ? gives us a strong 2 in front of back 4 and 3 creative players in front.

Thoughts?
Lallana's good and that but to cover two flanks seems a bit optimistic
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »

:wellin :thumbup

Sticky this post at the top.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »
Look how many they have scored tho. 30 goals in 8 league games. Their attack is a thousand times better than ours.

They can be stopped, course it's not easy but some teams have been resilient against them, others have crumbled. We need some luck and some brave intelligent defending, I know we've not shown that too much but when your the underdog your more likely to show that.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2014, 05:52:56 pm »

That can't be disputed at this moment in time, but is Real Sociedad's attack better than ours? I think we are capable of scoring against them, it will of course need a much improved performance at the other end though!