Author Topic: Negativity on RAWK  (Read 33508 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Negativity on RAWK
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2014, 09:02:54 pm »
Can they not be happy with the result, though? That's the crux of it for me. Celebrate the win, the dramatic, exciting, last gasp win, enjoy the moment.

I guess it's where you stand. For me, it is about exactly what you said. Yeah, we've got areas to improve on but we got the 3 points and that's made my weekend. We were much better against Everton a few weeks ago and actually deserved to win that match unlike today but it turned out to be shit weekend in the end. Today, we won and moved up the table. That's enough to make it a good one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2014, 09:04:47 pm »
I think I swore very loud and the wife told me off.

I got told off for shouting too loudly when we scored our two late goals :lmao Apparently it was terrifying...

I guess it's where you stand. For me, it is about exactly what you said. Yeah, we've got areas to improve on but we got the 3 points and that's made my weekend. We were much better against Everton a few weeks ago and actually deserved to win that match unlike today but it turned out to be shit weekend in the end. Today, we won and moved up the table. That's enough to make it a good one.

I think the Everton game is a good comparison. We played far better, looked to be improving, sucker punch and I felt rubbish for the rest of the day (but hopeful thereafter that we were on the up). We won today and I feel much happier.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:08:25 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »
I got told off for shouting too loudly when we scored our two late goals :lmao Apparently it was terrifying...

Got the same.

Dog got up and went to sleep in the kitchen after the first one!

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2014, 09:05:55 pm »
Genuinely feels like some were just waiting for us to do badly so they could stick the knife in.

It's been like that since the day I signed up mate. It's the Internet age.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »
Anyone think some of these 'moaners' do actually attend home games though and that's contributed to the downfall in atmosphere at anfield in recent years? those that just sit there don't get involved in any singing or backing of the team (until winning) and every goal conceded stand's up screaming at the players slagging them off? winds me up,

i'd take every 3 point's no matter how we win them, Liverpool have always had a way of making it tough for fan's to watch, especially in recent years but it's part and parcel of being a fan, don't get me wrong everyone has a moan but to slag the team off like some have after we've won no matter what the performance is like is a bit of a joke, i'm buzzin with the three point's made my weekend and 3 days till Madrid 10 times happier

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2014, 09:15:59 pm »
I  honestly don't get why people aren't happy - can't beat a last minute goal to win a game
You're right; you simply can't. Yes, I do love it when we smash a team all over the shop and run out 4-0 or 5-0 winners. It's a great watch and you enjoy it.

But the feeling you get from a last gasp winner, the sheer elation for that exact moment plus the few minutes after is incredible. Yes, I was very disappointed by the performance; but that didn't detract from the joy I felt as the ball rolled into the net for 3-2. That feeling is why most of us love football.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:19 pm »
You're right; you simply can't. Yes, I do love it when we smash a team all over the shop and run out 4-0 or 5-0 winners. It's a great watch and you enjoy it.

But the feeling you get from a last gasp winner, the sheer elation for that exact moment plus the few minutes after is incredible. Yes, I was very disappointed by the performance; but that didn't detract from the joy I felt as the ball rolled into the net for 3-2. That feeling is why most of us love football.

Bingo.

Honestly, if people don't feel this, this elation in the exact moment you know a game is won and your team has just got all 3 points, then reevaluate why you watch football - as it can't be an enjoyable experience for you.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »
Bingo.

Honestly, if people don't feel this, this elation in the exact moment you know a game is won and your team has just got all 3 points, then reevaluate why you watch football - as it can't be an enjoyable experience for you.

Really ?

As the third rolled in I was hoping the ref would just blow the whistle and call it a day.

I'm never convinced we've won a game until the final whistle this season.

:D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Lord Vader

• Birthday: fourth of May.
  • Anny Roader
  • Sith Master
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »

Why does this sound so much like a chat with the wife after sex when i'm justifying my smash and grab routine :)
I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »
Really ?

As the third rolled in I was hoping the ref would just blow the whistle and call it a day.

I'm never convinced we've won a game until the final whistle this season.

Sorry, should really of put 'think' you know. You know what I mean though, you celebrate just that little bit differently when you score to go ahead on the 92nd minute than when you do so on the 62nd minute.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:16 pm »
Sorry, should really of put 'think' you know. You know what I mean though, you celebrate just that little bit differently when you score to go ahead on the 92nd minute than when you do so on the 62nd minute.

My dogs certainly know what you mean.

At 2-1 they both fucked of sharpish when I leaped off the couch and screamed, only to creep back in a minute or so later, then out they went again as we made it 3-2.

I rarely let my emotions get the better of me watching goals go in, but games like todays are every bit as satisfying as a 5-0 drubbing.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:05 pm »
Frustration requires catharsis, joy does not. Football forums fulfil an emotional function. We win, play well, I might write a couple of sentences applauding the play and get on with my day. Lose, play bad, and my day is over, I need to get that shit out of me. Negativity is no big deal, nor is tribalism in football, if you can take it with a pinch of salt. There is serious shit, like the NHS, the fucked up world/society we live in, and then there is football, important, but it's major purpose is to distract us from getting worked up about shit that really matters.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2014, 09:42:54 pm »
Spot on JK.

Genuinely feels like some were just waiting for us to do badly so they could stick the knife in.

I haven't read the rest of this thread but this line resonated with me instantly.  A couple of seasons back when we played Zenit at Anfield needing to win by 3 goals to go through. I'm lucky enough to have got a ticket due to Zenit not taking up their full allocation. 10 or so minutes ahead of kick off me and me am auld fella are chatting to some lad (mid thirties) about how we're doing. He was unbelievably negative about our chances and was keen to stress how we were far from likely to get anything from the match.

Sure enough, when Zenit scored first he looked down the row of seats smug as fuck that he'd been proved right and we were losing.

How people can't see that this is the antithesis of supporting a football club is beyond me. Fucking morons....
Believer

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »
I'm both delighted with the result and enjoyed our goals immensely yet full of negativity and disappointment about many aspects of our game, you can be both.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2014, 10:02:57 pm »
I'm both delighted with the result and enjoyed our goals immensely yet full of negativity and disappointment about many aspects of our game, you can be both.

I don't think you'll find many people disagreeing with your sentiment mate. As I see it, the issue tends to be with posters who revel in the confirmation bias following a poor performance.
Believer

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »

Pretty much sums it up for me. So many people on this forum are too firmly entrenched in their views, whether that be those who think all criticism is wholly unjustified just because we got a good result, or those at the other end of the spectrum who seem unable to feel positive that we managed to get the three points and focus their energies exclusively on criticising the poor display.

It is perfectly acceptable to enjoy the result whilst remaining concerned about our performances.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2014, 10:08:51 pm »

Perfectly summed up.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2014, 10:09:07 pm »
It is perfectly acceptable to enjoy the result whilst remaining concerned about our performances.

I think most of us did. I didn't see anyone say we played brilliant today. Just a lot of happy posters because we'd won the game in the last minute. Unfortunately a few miseries took offence to that. "How dare you be happy that we won playing so badly" they said.

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2014, 10:13:06 pm »

Exactly mate, it seems if you're too much of one or the other then you're not a "proper fan"..... just let people be on here, if they want to moan let them, if they want to praise, let them, the mods on here want to dictate too much imo, if its in parameters of opinions and people respecting each other but disagreeing or having various opinions, thats okay! it's just as bad if a mod is banning people for not being positive about a team because it doesnt fit their superfan agenda, much the same if someone is being hugely disrespectful to a fellow poster or about one of our players... but it should be okay to  dislike a player as much as love one..

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
As someone posted on Twitter:

Twitter take note. The travelling Kop singing Mario's name even though he's playing poor. That's called proper support.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
I think most of us did. I didn't see anyone say we played brilliant today. Just a lot of happy posters because we'd won the game in the last minute. Unfortunately a few miseries took offence to that. "How dare you be happy that we won playing so badly" they said.

Last time I checked with the Premier League's rule book points are awarded for either a win or a draw.

No mention of any sort of reward for playing well.

And if I'm perfectly honest, I'd take 30 more games like today and win the league than 30 like last years and come second.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2014, 10:17:09 pm »
As someone posted on Twitter:

Twitter take note. The travelling Kop singing Mario's name even though he's playing poor. That's called proper support.

Good to hear. The people who were wishing injury on him and stating they were close to hating him, need to read that and let it sink in, because some of the stuff they posted about Mario this afternoon was nothing short of disgusting.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2014, 10:18:58 pm »
Last time I checked with the Premier League's rule book points are awarded for either a win or a draw.

And if I'm perfectly honest, I'd take 30 more games like today and win the league than 30 like last years and come second.

Me too mate. All day long.

Offline Cloudstepper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2014, 10:23:03 pm »

So playing well doesn't breed confidence, ergo giving consistently good results? Did you watch us last season, the majority of great performances coincided with good results... if we play like we did today for 30 games of the season we'll be losing a few more than we'll be winning...

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2014, 10:23:29 pm »

You and me both, result over performance every time.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »
So playing well doesn't breed confidence, ergo giving consistently good results? Did you watch us last season, the majority of great performances coincided with good results... if we play like we did today for 30 games of the season we'll be losing a few more than we'll be winning...

That's not what I said though is it ?

Personally speaking, the performance is only the icing, the result is the cake.

I couldn't care less how well we play if we win.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:42 pm »

You've read that completely the wrong way.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:44 pm »
I still don't see what there is to be negative about. We are 4 points off 2nd, we are in the Champions League playing Madrid on Wednesday, we have a fantastic young squad, a fantastic young manager and we were 2nd last season.

What is there to be negative about?

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2014, 10:27:09 pm »
I still don't see what there is to be negative about. We are 4 points off 2nd, we are in the Champions League playing Madrid on Wednesday, we have a fantastic young squad, a fantastic young manager and we were 2nd last season.

Nothing at all  :o

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »
Nothing at all  :o

No, nothing at all.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:28 pm »

Our form in the last few games is something to be worried about. We've thrown away points in fixtures that shouldn't be troubling us. It looks alright now because it's early, but it'll show once West Ham etc have handed points to the majority of the our rivals.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »
Our form in the last few games is something to be worried about. We've thrown away points in fixtures that shouldn't be troubling us. It looks alright now because it's early, but it'll show once West Ham etc have handed points to the majority of the our rivals.

Yeah but negative? Its a month or 2 months of pretty patchy performances but in the grand scheme of things? No way should anyone be negative.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:38 pm »
United, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton haven't been any better than us. I have no idea why you think we're the only team who won't improve.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
Yeah but negative? Its a month or 2 months of pretty patchy performances but in the grand scheme of things? No way should anyone be negative.

I guess there's a fine line between being negative and discussing negative aspects of a game. You can't really cut out one of them without losing the other, and to remove discussion about negative aspects would take away from the quality of the debate on the forum.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »
I guess there's a fine line between being negative and discussing negative aspects of a game. You can't really cut out one of them without losing the other, and to remove discussion about negative aspects would take away from the quality of the debate on the forum.

Some of the comments in the Rodgers thread recently have been some of the worst comments I have ever seen on this forum and even worse when you consider where we are as a club. Discussing bad performances is different to the levels of negativity shown.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2014, 10:57:49 pm »
I said it in the post-game thread but it's the relish and sanctimony with which these know-alls approach their posts when things go wrong. Horribly spoilt. Entitlement complex. The worst thing is that these posters are often established members who should have learned the value of not being a kneejerk whopper full of self-righteous vitriol as if they 'get it' while others exist is blind ignorance.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2014, 10:59:14 pm »
United, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton haven't been any better than us. I have no idea why you think we're the only team who won't improve.
Pure perception-bias. Nothing else.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2014, 11:05:03 pm »
You and me both, result over performance every time.

Yep.  Me too.  I do not personally give a fuck.  Three points in the bag.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2014, 11:06:26 pm »
Me as well. I'd take another 30 league games like that if it meant seeing us lift the league title for the first time. 

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2014, 11:09:43 pm »
Yep and your NHS is being privatised under your nose. So much better to focus your energy on corporate carrots.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.